Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: iansuryani

gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

Close [Copy link]
 Author| Post time 20-7-2005 09:36 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Gadis_Venus at 19-07-2005 16:27:
SRK to be dad again!

Shah Rukh Khan has decided to grow out of the lover-biy image & do some mature roles.This time around he'll play a father to a 7 year old kid in Karan Johar's Kabhi Alvi ...

wwaahhh....i'll be waiting for the movie :clap:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Gadis_Venus This user has been deleted
Post time 20-7-2005 09:38 PM | Show all posts
Kalau Karan Johar punya movie tk blh mis.:no:

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus on 20-7-2005 at 09:44 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-7-2005 09:43 PM | Show all posts
Priyanka to appear on TV!!

Priyanka Chopra follows the footsteps of hordes of Bollywood actors in making an appearance on small screen to promote her upcoming film Yakeen.Priyanka will be seen in Yeh Meri Life Hai as herself as a chief guest at a reunion function in the serial & will handout the prizes to the winners at the event which also include Yakeen audio albums.The 2 special episodes will also feature performances by Indian Idol finalists Rahul Vaidya,Prajakta Shukre,Vishal Kothari,Harish Moyal,Mukesh Pancholi & Ravinder Ravi.

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 29-8-2005 05:18 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-7-2005 09:47 PM | Show all posts
Kareena in Pepsi commecial!!

Bebo will soon be making rounds of the small screen.It's not just a commercial endorsement but a little more than that.Kareena recently shot for the 2nd music video of Oye Bubbly,the album brought out by Pepsi.The album will soon be on air.Incidentally the last time Bebo gyrated for a music video was also for Pepsi where she was a part of the album composed by Adnan Sami during the Cricket World Cup of 2003.

Kareena Kapoor

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 29-11-2006 03:17 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2005 01:16 PM | Show all posts
Saif Ali Khan

All is going on well in Saif Ali's life. Saif has come a long way. Life was not a bed of roses for this talented actor. He had his share of hard work and struggle. And today he is recognized as a fine actor. His solo hero film, Hum Tum, was a hit, and his latest, Pareenita, is doing very well in multiplexes. Professionally, Saif is at the pinnacle of success but on the personal front, the actor is still struggling. Even as he was struggling with his separation from wife Amrita Singh, his father Nawab Pautadi is in trouble with the law over a poaching incident. In this interview Saif talks about his personal problems and future planning.

Tell us something about Parineeta.
At the first instance when I heard the script the character fascinated me. Pradeep wanted to have me in the film though Vidhu was a bit skeptical if I could carry the role on my shoulders. My mother has always wanted me to do a Bengali film. Parineeta is for my mom. I finally got to tap the Bengali side of me.

How do you feel being associated with the film?
I am honoured. It was a great experience. My co-stars in the film very great. Especially Vidya has made the role come back to life. Pradeep as a director is very efficient. He is great and genuine visualizer. He is a perfectionist and has extracted the best from the team. I've learnt a lot from him I the process of the film. I look forward to work with him again.

It is being said that you left Amrita after the success of Hum Tum and for another woman. What do you have to say?
Its really not true. Why is it that my hard earned success is being taken against me? My leaving Amrita (Singh) was not overnight. It was on the cards for a long time, and another woman had nothing to do with it. When it (the separation) happened, it was like a very painful amputation. But it was also the best thing to do, given the circumstances. I'm at peace with Rosa (Saif's girl friend). I don't know what the future holds for us. But I feel whole and healthy.

How bad has the separation hit you?
I had to separate from Amrita because the relationship was over. Staying together was becoming suffocating and hurtful so we decided to split. It was a joint decision. My wife and I have gone our separate ways. I respect my wife's space. But what is more painful that I had to be away from my children. My son is such a chamcha of mine. He even does his hair like me; tries to walk and talk like me! While Sarah (his daughter) understands the situation, Ibrahim (his son) thinks I'm just out for a long shooting schedule. Once, he asked me very loudly in front of a hundred people, when I was coming back. I felt like sinking into the ground. I love my kids and I miss them so very much.

Why is it that you are being blamed for everything and that you are a terrible husband and father?
I don't have any answers for what has happened in my life. All I know is every penny I earn is for my children. I live for them. I'd die for them. I've my son Ibrahim's photograph in my wallet. Each time I look at it, I feel like crying. I'm not allowed to meet my children. They aren't allowed to come visit me, let alone stay with me. Why? Because there's a new woman in my life who'd influence my children against their mother? That's hogwash and Amrita knows it. Right now, my kids are growing up with Amrita's relatives and maidservants while she's out working in a television serial (Ekta Kapoor's Kkavyanjali). Why does she need to do that, when I'm willing to support my family?

What were the terms of the settlement?
I'm supposed to give Amrita Rs 5 crores, of which I've already given her approximately Rs 2.5 crore. I've promised her I'll pay up the rest of the money, even if I've to slog till I drop dead. Also, I'm paying Rs 1,00,000 per month until my son becomes 18. That was the post-breakup financial arrangements. This is actually ripping me off but I am willing to support them. They are my children and they need me. Whatever I've earned from doing ads, stage shows and films is for my children. I've no money. Our bungalow is for Amrita and the kids. Rosa and I stay in a two-room apartment. Still, I've never been more at peace with myself.

Are you happy with Rosa?
After a long time, I feel my self-worth has returned. I was suffocating in that relationship with Amrita. It isn't nice to be constantly reminded of how worthless you are and to have taunts and insults thrown at your mother and sister. There's a theory that whatever I am today is because Amrita took me by my finger and led me through it all. It's probably true. She has played a big hand in my growth as an actor and human being. But it's a blessing to be with a woman who has nothing to do with movies and who loves me for what I am. Rosa has always supported me and stood by me during the tough time. Because of her I I've regained my confidence.

Your Dad is mixed up in the poaching incident. What do you have to say?
As his son, I'm really concerned. If my father has done wrong, then I guess he must be punished. Let the law take its course. I am not in a position to comment on the matter. But I do know we don't want dad to ever see the inside of a jail, and we'd do everything in our power to make sure it doesn't happen. I must say he handled himself with great dignity. Though Amma was hysterical with anxiety, my dad sailed through the ordeal. He just surrendered at the police station in a simple kurta-pyjama. For a man who had never been anywhere near a police station, his calm was exemplary.

Tell us something about Salaam Namaste, your next Yash Raj film.
Well, the film is a romantic comedy. It's about two Indians who have left their houses to make a life on their own, and how they meet and how they tackle their own relationships and problems and overcome them without the help of their families. The film is directed by debutante Siddharth Anand. Preity Zinta is my co-star and the film also stars Arshad Warsi and John Abraham. It's a great film and the audience will love it.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 4-8-2006 02:03 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2005 01:25 PM | Show all posts
Shah Rukh Khan

Shah Rukh Khan is no doubt the Numero Uno of Hindi film industry. With film like Devdas, Main Hoon Na and Kal Ho Naa Ho being a smash hit, King Khan is unbeatable. With Veer Zaara being successful at the box office he has once again proved that he is the king of the box office. He is no doubt a great actor but at the same time he is a great person. Totally dedicated to his work and to his family this man works endlessly and passionately, one can say that he is a complete workaholic.

Tell me Shah Rukh, with all your films being a hit at the box office, do you think you are a successful actor?
Frankly speaking, I don`t know whether I am successful. I can never answer that question. Yes I have made a lot of money and I have a lot of respect, my films have done well, and I know there are loads of loads of people who look up to me and really love me. I really just thought this is like a strange dream. I have never thought this is success. I don`t have a standard. If I got a BMW and a big house and 11 Filmfare Awards or a National Awards, that I am successful. I find it strange to answer this question and I`m not being modest when I say that.

Why do you think your fans love you so much? Is it your renowned good looks, your talent, what is it?
(Laughs) I find it funny if anyone calls me good-looking! I get embarrassed actually. The only thing I can sort of think is I am very ordinary in my films and I think that makes it special. I work hard, like I`m sure everyone else does, and I`m very honest with the work I do. Besides that, there could be luck, God has blessed me, people have been kind, or I believe there are a 100 million Indians who are very short-sighted!

Do you think films like Veer Zaara will cement the friendship between India and Pakistan?
Yes definitely, the film cuts across borders and man-made boundaries. It talks about the goodness of love. We should make more films like this. Even Main Hoon Na talks about friendship between India and Pakistan. No Indian hates a Pakistani or vice versa. We have a shared history that`s hard to ignore. We were one country a little over half-a-century ago. I`m glad the two neighbours are friends again.

You`re a favourite across the border too and fans in Pakistan are waiting to have you amongst them.
I`d love to visit Pakistan. I have family there. If I can perform in Fiji, Sri Lanka and South Africa, why can`t I do a show in Pakistan? I respect all nations and I know the Pakistanis respect us Indians. Before the Partition so many of our film-makers came from Punjab and Lahore. Inshaallah, I`ll have a concert across the border too before very long.

What was it like shooting for Swades?
Great! Swades is an honest, upfront, contemporary film. It`s a film that talks about India and how good and strong a nation she is. It`s a film about 'Indianness'. It`s about what the educated; middle-class can do to help the country. It`s a film that needed to be made. It`s a film of today.

Was it difficult to get permission to shoot in NASA?
It wasn`t that difficult. Thanks to Lagaan, Ashutosh is a known name in the US. I too have been associated with NASA through Omega for which I`m the brand ambassador. It`s a great location!

Is Hollywood the next step for you?
I don`t think so I don`t think there`s any need also. If there`s a film being made by Western film-makers which requires an Indian actor because the subject is such, maybe then I could be considered. I think I would like to stay in India because I`ve done very well here.

Karan Johar, we hear, is working on a period film that revolves around you. What can you tell us about the film?
Right now I cant disclose anything to you. That film should be launched on December 15.

And you`ll be making a special appearance in Soham`s chiller-thriller too, the one for which your Red Chillies Entertainment and Karan`s Dharma Productions have joined hands?
No, I won`t be acting in Soham`s film. Karan was very clear that I wouldn`t be associated with this project as an actor, nor he as a director. However, Karan has this emotional hang-up. There`s no way he`s going to make a film without me. That`s fine, he`s family. For Soham`s film I`ll get my team together to assist with the technicalities of production and the marketing too. It`s a smaller film and unlike anything we`ve done before.

Now-a-days every other actor in the country is either campaigning for some party or standing for elections himself. Do you have any interest to join politics?
No. I`m an apolitical guy. My job is to act. I barely know how to make a film, forget trying to run the country.

Is Shah Rukh the same man at home as we see onscreen?
No not at all. The man on screen is 100% out there to entertain you, and to show you yourself. As for my life for the past 13 years I wake up very early in the morning and I work for 18 hours a day and I enjoy it. But the line between what I really am, and what I am on reel, is slowly diminishing. I have given so many emotions when I don`t want to; I have enacted so many sequences which I don`t believe in; I have believed in so many things which I thought I didn`t believe in. There are days when I wake up and I don`t know whether... if the camera is not on, am I "on" or not. It`s become like that. And I truly like it. I really don`t know what is the real me, I think I`ve ended up being an en

Finally, how is your back holding up?
It`s okay. I`ve done 3-4 films since my operation last year and I`m doing fine. Sometimes it pains though, especially on long flights, or if I oversleep, or if I overwork. But I am doing good.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 21-7-2005 01:28 PM | Show all posts
Shahid Kapoor

Shahid Kapoor became a star overnight with the release of his debut film Ishq Vishk. The film also won him the Filmfare Fresh Face Award. This young man has immense talent and he became a rage almost instantly. Producers and directors queued up before his door to sign him but Shahid was very choosy. He refused to sign each and every film that came his way and due to this he was called snobbish and arrogant. However Shahid kept his cool. Shahid remained in the news also for his offscreen relationship with Kareena Kapoor which became the talk of the town. With the release of Fida, this talented young man is now awaiting the fate of the film at the box office.

Fida was released today, you must be very nervous right now?
Well, I hope the audience like the film. We all have worked very hard in the film and whatever the fate of the film, I am satisfied with my work and I trust God.

How did Fida happen?
After Ishq Vishk succeeded, there was a lot of speculation. People were expecting Ken Ghosh and me to get together again, go on the same lines and make another hit. But we were keen to do something different. When Ken told me about this script, I was floored. That`s how Fida happened. It`s a romantic thriller, but something like this has never been attempted before.

Was it difficult to play Jai, your character in Fida?
Yes, it was. Jai is not only a person in love but he also has anger and vengeance in him when he realizes that he is wronged by the person he loves. It is a different role from my first film. I had to prepare myself to get into the skin of the character, but it was not easy. It was very challenging to undergo the gamut of expressions that my character undergoes through the film.

Does your offscreen chemistry with Kareena help you while doing romantic scenes in the film?
It certainly helps. If two actors are unknown or uncomfortable with each other, it takes time to break the ice. Here, the results were instantaneous (smiles). And Kareena is very hard working and a thorough professional. I`ve a lot to learn from her. Having done so many films, Kareena is technically very proficient. She knows exactly what she does before the camera. That`s something that happens only after years of experience.

Did you find any changes in Ken Ghosh since you last worked with him?
He has grown in his art by leaps and bounds. He is far more focused than before, open to suggestions from all quarters and ever willing to correct his mistakes. Ishq Vishk was a simple narrative. Fida is a much stylised film. Anyone who has seen Ishq Vishk will notice the difference. Fida is as much a director`s film as an actor`s film.

There was news about the tension between you and Fardeen Khan during the filming of the movie? Is that true?
That`s absolute hogwash. There was no tension between me and Fardeen and infact we share a very good rapport. Fardeen is my co-star and we have to work as a team for the success of the film. If I run down a co-actor, I would be killing my film.

You have turned down many offers, including Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra and other top banners. Why is that so?
I cannot possibly do all films offered to me. I`m human! It is physically impossible! Out of the 30 films offered to me, I have said yes only to a few films. I will do only two films in a year. That`s it! I choose very cautiously and yet I`m over-committed. I had to say no to Karan because I could not give him dates and Manish Malhotra has not approached me with any film.

So how many films do you have on hand?
Well, there`s "Life Ho To Aisi" with Amrita Rao, I have Boney Kapoor`s "Milenge Milenge" with Kareena and Ananth Mahadevan`s "Dil Maange More" with Soha, Tulip Joshi and Ayesha Takia. I also have a film with John Matthew "Jeevansh" featuring Ajay Devgan. A large part of the film will be shot in a jungle. Then I`m doing Feroz Nadiadwala action comedy film "Deewane Huye Paagal" with Akshay Kumar.

How serious is your relationship with Kareena?
I think she`s the best thing to have happened in my life in the last few years. She`s one of the nicest human beings I`ve met. She`s temperamental and I`m quite calm. I think that`s one of the reasons we get along. Actually we both find qualities in one another that we don`t in ourselves possess. And I think we are able to bring out those qualities in each other, that`s very important.

Any plans of marriage.
It`s too early and too premature to comment. We`ll think of crossing the bridge when we reach there. But yes, everything is fine and positive. We are very happy with each other.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 29-11-2006 03:21 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2005 01:37 PM | Show all posts
Abhishek Bachchan

Abhishek Bachchan, son of Amitabh Bachchan, has the grace, the style and the talent to be a superstar. He has a unique approach towards the character he plays. His performance is of the top class and lately his performance in Yuva has been highly appreciated. He is in the industry from 2000 and yet after 4 years with 12 releases, the actor is yet to deliver a hit. SeasonsIndia correspondent Sanyukta had a t阾e-

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-7-2005 01:40 PM | Show all posts
Rani Mukherjee

From Gulam to Chalte Chalte Rani has come a long way and she is undoubtedly the Queen of Bollywood. In every film she makes her presence felt with her cool and confident acting. With films like Ketan Mehta`s The Rising, Mani Ratnam`s Yuva, Kunal Kohli`s Hum Tum, Ashutosh Gawarikar`s Swades and Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Black and Bajirao Mastani tucked under her belt Rani is a force to reckon with. We caught up with Rani at the sets of Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s eagerly awaited "Black".

How is it working with Sanjay Leela Bhansali?
Its wonderful. It`s a different feeling all together. I feel the change in me. Sanjay is bringing out emotions that I never knew existed inside me. The whole experience has made me so grateful for the gift of life. I`ve always been optimistic. "Black" has made me even more so. And let me tell you that I`ve discovered Sanjay is a child at heart. He`s such a big filmmaker and there`s no arrogance in him.

With films like Yuva, Rising, Swades, Hum Tum, this year is going to be very important to you.
Yes and I am working very hard. After the first schedule of "Black" I`ve started shooting for Ketan Mehta`s "The Rising". I feel very lucky that directors like Sanjay Bhansali, Ketan Mehta and Yash Chopra thought of me for their films. I`ve almost wrapped up Mani Rathnam`s "Yuva", and that too is a unique experience.

Earlier you lost two opportunities to work with Mani Rathnam, isn`t it?
Yes, I was offered "Dil Se" and "Kannathil Muttamital" but unfortunately I couldn`t do both the films. And I am grateful to him to offer Yuva. The true sign of greatness is humility. Mani Rathnam isn`t the least overpowering. Though he`s much older he loves his artistes like equals.

What is Yuva about and how was it working with Abhishek Bachchan?
Well Yuva is a very thought provoking film about three young men with very different viewpoints towards life. I am paired opposite Abhishek who is very arrogant, brutal and is the product of the Calcutta Streets. But he loves her passionately. My character is raised like a princess in the protective middle class household of an LIC agent. How our relationship thrives and survives is one part of the film. And my co-star Abhishek Bachchan is such a sweetheart. He`s rocking in "Yuva". I think that he`s got the best role.

What`s your role in Ketan Mehta`s Rising?
In Rising, I play a prostitute. I cannot disclose too much at this stage. I`m excited about "The Rising" because it`ll be my first film with Aamir Khan since "Ghulam".

What is the Kunal Kohli`s Hum Tum about?
Well it`s a fun movie. The whole film is about Saif and me. Saif is a leading cartoonist. He creates these cartoon characters called Hum Tum but runs out of ideas to present them and that`s when the whole fun starts. It was great working with Saif. I enjoyed his comic timing and that worked to the film`s benefit.

How come almost every leading filmmaker in Bollywood wants to work with you?
There`s no magic formula, if that`s what you`re implying. I`ve worked so hard, have been at it since 1995. I had my first major success in 1998. Now finally I`m working with the directors I want. God granted me this great opportunity and I`ve to do my best. One has to be honest to one`s work.

How does 2004 look to you?
Many more challenges and expectations. I`ve to work really hard. What scares me is if I am not good in Sanjay Bhansali, Mani Rathnam, Yash Chopra and Ketan Mehta`s cinema, it would be really bad for me. I`m already signed to work with Sanjay Bhansali in his next film "Bajirao Mastani". So my future is ensured.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 26-9-2006 05:28 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2005 01:43 PM | Show all posts
Aishwarya Rai  

'Time' magazine describes Aishwarya Rai as the 'Queen of Bollywood' and refers her as a modern girl with traditional values. She is elegant, gorgeous and mesmerizes everyone with her grace and charm, yet she is very humble and down to earth. She is no doubt the most sought after actress in Bollywood. A t阾e-

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2005 01:46 PM | Show all posts
Kareena Kapoor  

Labeled as a snob, arrogant and one who makes public displays of rivalry and wrath Kareena is always in the news for all the wrong reasons. But this ambitious and hard working actress is not bothered about any such accusations. All that she wants, is to concentrate on her work. Recently bagging the role of a street-walker in Pritish Nandy Communications film Chameli and also many other prestigious projects in her kitty this lovely girl is happy and contend about the way her career is shaping.

Tell me Kareena, in the past three years of your career is your image more infamous than famous because of your carefree attitude, bold statements and head-on battles with your co-stars?
Well, I really don't know. I don't have any bitter rivalry or war against anybody. Rather I have made some wonderful friends in this industry. I don't regret being frank in life. I am very happy with the way I am. And I believe people have accepted me for who I am. Initially when I entered the profession, people didn't know me well. The aura around me cloaked the real person. Filmmakers who have worked with me have eventually got to know me and like me a lot. That is why they wonder why such negative stories have been written about me. Today I don't want to react to any allegations at all. I have come to realize that anybody can say anything and get away with it. I am beyond controversies.

But then why are you in some controversy or the other all the time?
May be it is because of my spunk. I come across as very brash and confident. They think that I have had people backing me. There is a lobby operating against me. And believe me that's fine with me, because there is a lobby operating against every star. It amuses me when people say anything they want and even believe it. I think it is fabulous. I love it. If according to the media I am such a tough person to deal with, then why do filmmakers want to cast me repeatedly?

How was it working for Sooraj Barjatya's Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon?
It was a great experience. Soorajji is the most sincere and down-to-earth person I've ever met. I went through a lot of personal problems earlier and the media was giving me a hard time during the making of this film. Sooraji gave me the strength during this period. Everyone was lashing out at me and portraying me as an insensitive person. I was victimised for no reason, when I had not harmed a single soul in the industry. I used to cry everyday on the sets and Soorajji would comfort me. I have learnt from him that one should just do one's work and go back home. Let the world pass a judgement. I've trying my level best to imbibe the qualities he's taught me.

Hrithik-Kareena is one of the hottest pairs in the industry.Surely it must have hurt you when you weren't signed on for Rakesh Roshan's Koi Mil Gaya..
Why should I feel bad about not being part of Koi Mil Gaya. Just because I've worked with Hrithik in some films doesn't mean I have to be part of his home production too. If I start a production house, it isn't mandatory that I cast a star I've been paired with in five films. The director decides who suits the character most.

What is the film 'Chemeli' all about?
In Chemeli I'm playing a sex-worker. She's not a tawaif or a kothewali like Chandramukhi in Devdas. Nor is she a Chandni Bar like dancer. She's not even a Julia Roberts kind of prostitute from Pretty Woman. Chameli is a common street-walker who one night meets this man. It's the story of their interaction over the course of that one, rainy night.

You have been paired opposite Rahul Bose.Isn't that an unusual pairing?
Well yes it definitely is an unusual pairing but the chemistry is fantastic. Rahul's done several of these Hindi-English, off-beat kind of films while I'm very much the commercial Hindi film heroine. And then Rahul is a wonderful actor. He blends well in all roles. I think our pair is a good blend.

JP Dutta's LOC is scheduled to be released this year. Now considering the huge star cast what are your expectations from this film?
No expectations. I am just happy to be a part of the film. What can one expect in a battalion of big heroes??. I doubt if anyone will even notice me (smiles). But JP Dutta knew that I'd have been hurt if I wasn't a part of LOC after Refugee. I was ready to do one scene, one song, even be in a crowd of junior artistes at the back. I am what I am today because of Refugee. JP Dutta only has to tell me he wants me for a shoot, any place, any time, and I'll be there.

You are also working with Sanjay Bhansali in Bajirao Mastani. Are you doing Bhansali's 'Black' too?
No. I am not there in Black. Rani is doing that film. I have the main lead in Bajirao Mastani and that's enough. It is a dream come true to be finally working with Sanjay in Bajirao Mastani. It's great that Sanjay thinks I have Mastani's innocence, beauty and vulnerability and has enough faith in my histrionics to entrust me with a role of such epic proportions.

Why did you say no to Aparna Sen for the film 'Guliel'?
I didn't say no. I would love to work with Aparna Sen. Its just that the film is a hero-oriented film and my role is not meaty enough. I am sure I will work with her in the future.

How is it working with Mani Ratnam?
It's great. He is very particular and a meticulous Director. They call him an actor's director for nothing. The film is a multi-starrer but I'm very excited about it.

How was it working with Vivek Oberoi?
He is a simply great. He's a natural born actor. This is the first time I'm opposite him and we had a great time shooting for the film. It's unfortunate that he had this accident on the set. However, we should finish the film by October end. We're also doing Abbas-Mustan's thriller.

You seem to be tied up with work. Which are the other films you are working on?
Yeah, I am absolutely tied up. There's Govind Nihalani's Dev and Dharmesh Darshan's Bewafaa. And then there's Deepa Mehta's Water. We start shooting in Sri Lanka around November-December. I'm also committed to two films with Abbas-Mastan and one with Rirtuparno Ghosh. Ritu's film with Anil Kapoor, in which I play the young wife of a zamindar, should go on the floor in January-February. He's narrated another subject to me over the phone. That project should also be clear in another month. There're talks with Boney Kapoor too for a film being directed by Satish Kaushik who is one of my favorite directors because he gave me my first hit, Mujhe Kuchh Kehna Hai.

Tell us something about Karisma and your to-be brother-in-law Sunjay (Kapur).
They are a great couple. Lolo and Sunjay grew up together and make a picture perfect twosome. Sunjay spent the last week with us. I saw Lolo happy and laughing after a long time. Last year has been very tough on her, both personally and professionally. I have seen her in so much pain. I am glad that those days are over and she can laugh again.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 19-8-2006 11:57 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2005 01:48 PM | Show all posts
Hrithik Roshan  

Koi Mil Gaya is a super duper hit. The critics, media and the public have all appreciated the movie as well as the performance of Hrithik. Hrithik failed to give a single solo-hit after 'Kaho Na Pyar Hai' and it was being said that if the actor fails this time it would be the end of his career. But the actor didn't care about the risk involved in making this film and accepting this role. He put in this best and faith in God and has emerged triumphant. He has once again won the hearts of the audience by his superb and extraordinary performance.

Koi...Mil Gaya is a super hit, how do you feel?
I am thrilled. We took a risk by making a film with this story line and we are lucky that the film has been appreciated by one and all.

Hrithik Roshan is on top once again, how do you feel?
(Laughs) Well if you ask me I don't think I was ever on top. I just believe in hard work and mental satisfaction. I think I have put my best in each and every film. It's the media that puts you on top one day and brings you down the next day. The media made me a superstar after 'Kaho No Pyar Hai'. I made no such claims.

Was it difficult to portray the character of Rohit in KMG?
Yes, definitely it was very difficult. No star in Bollywood has ever attempted this role. I had to work on my body language, speech, everything. You see I had to play a normal 11 year old kid trying to behave like a grown up man. I had to find that 11-year-old boy within me. And that was just the beginning of my problems. Then, I had to interact constantly with six other children on screen and at the same time be in that same mental level as that of these kids. So my performance couldn't be judged in isolation. I had to look like I belonged to that group. And then Rohit undergoes a transformation.

So how did you prepare yourself for this character?
I would check in into a hotel and just sit there by myself. I needed total isolation to feel and know the character. I had to search within myself for the 11 yr old kid. I realized the essence of being a child was happiness. Kids always try to find reasons to get happy. I sat there in the hotel room trying to make myself happy. I binged on chocolates and cakes not caring about my weight. I watched all my favourite films when I was a kid, like Superman. It was the first film I saw. Well as I said I had to search for the kid in myself and I just found it there. I just relived my childhood.

Tell us about your next release.
Well it's going to be Farhan Akhtar's 'Lakshya'. It's got an intense patriotic theme. I am very much excited about this film and am proud to be a part of the film.

So what are your future plans?
Well as of now I need a break (smiles).

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 19-8-2006 11:58 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2005 01:51 PM | Show all posts
Ajay Devgan

Calm, composed and confident, Ajay has come a long way. Today Ajay is going great guns. After giving great performances in films like Company, The Legend of Bhagat Singh and Deewangee, Ajay has once again in Bhoot proved that he is an actor par excellence. Ajay talks with SeasonsIndia correspondent Sanyukta about his future plans, career and forth-coming movies.

Your performance in 'Bhoot' is highly praised. How do you feel?
Great, I feel great. Bhoot is my first supernatural thriller. And performing in it was real difficult. I have tried to do my best whenever I was in front of the camera. I am happy that the audience liked my performance. But then it was actually a joint effort of all who were part of the project. The script was original. Ramu has come up with a great story which is very attention-grabbing, very unusual. And I think Urmila was great in the film.

You have now done two films with Ram Gopal Verma and now you are also co-producing Ek and Murder at Shri Krishna Building with him. Looks like you have become Ramu's favourite.
Well, I wont say that I am his favourite. Its just that we get along well and we understand each other. He has repeated many actors before and actually he is the person who is absolutely in love with his work and he will not let anything get in the way. If his role demands a particular actor he will want that actor to play the role. Filmmakers should follow that rule rather than cast their friends who don't suit the part. That's what I like about him.

Your second release this year will be Harry Baweja's 'Qayamat' and going by the promos, the film looks quite action packed.
Yeah, it is a slick action drama. It has a very interesting story with an action dose. I cant tell you more about my character at this stage. It is great working with Harry. We get along very well and basically understanding plays a huge part in how the film shapes up. Infact this is my fourth film (Diljale, Dilwale and Deewangee) with him and I enjoy working with him. I had a great time shooting for Qayamat.

Lately you have been experimenting with your looks a lot??
I'm not doing it deliberately (grins). Actually in Bhoot I had this French beard and the next thing I know is Ramu liked it so much that he wanted me to have it. If a certain role demands a certain look, I have to make sure that I look authentic enough and try to be as similar to my character as possible. Like in Gangajal I have kept a long moustache. That way I think it makes the character interesting. In Harry's film Qayamat I have two looks, one for the first half and the other for the second half. Thus if you look like the character you're playing, half your job is done. Different looks make the actors interesting as audiences like to see changes.

What other films do you have on hand?
Currently I am working on Gangaajal which is an interesting subject about a cop. Then I will be shooting for Khaki where I don't play a cop. Actually I have around eight releases this year- Bhoot (which is already released), Qayamat, Loc, Parawana, Zameer, Gangaajal, Mehbooba etc. I am also co-producing two films called Murder at Srikrishna Building and Ek with Ramgopal Varma. Well all the films are interesting with different subjects. I think the audiences will enjoy them.

Any plans of getting into direction?
I don't think I want to do it now. I am too occupied and for that I will have to take a year off. I can't afford to do that right now.

Last question. Is Ajay Devgan as intense and somber in real life as he is on screen?
Not at all... in fact, I am a fun-loving person. I fool around all the time. Those who know me closely will swear on that. I do not try to look intense it's just that the roles I play demand such kind of intensity and seriousness. And unfortunately the audience and media perceive me that way.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-7-2005 08:20 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Gadis_Venus at 19-07-2005 13:51:
Ajay Devgan

Calm, composed and confident, Ajay has come a long way. Today Ajay is going great guns. After giving great performances in films like Company, The Legend of Bhagat Singh and Deewan ...

muka tak hensem tapi lakonan bagus

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-7-2005 08:22 PM | Show all posts
Anderson to Marry Lee Again
By WENN

Pamela Anderson will reportedly marry rocker Tommy Lee this week--for the third time.
The pair tied the knot on a beach just days after they met in 1995. They remarried shortly after, wearing space suits--and went on to have two sons together, but divorced in 1998.

Anderson has since been linked to a number of suitors. She got engaged to Kid Rock and was recently linked to actor Stephen Dorff.

But she has reportedly fallen for Lee again and he proposed on July 16 in Las Vegas, claims PageSix.com--with Anderson telling friends the wedding would take place "this week".

A source tells the Web site, "He got her a black diamond with two gray diamonds on the side. After she said yes, they flew on the Palm's private jet back to L.A.--but they crossed out the 'l' on the side of the jet so it said 'Pam's.' "

Article Copyright World Entertainment News Network All Rights Reserved.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2005 09:11 PM | Show all posts
Saif抯 National Award is well deserved

揂cting should not be all abt trembling lips. It can be equally difficult to skate through emotions,

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-7-2005 09:31 PM | Show all posts
Kyon Ho Gaya Na Pyar? Aishwarya & Vivek in Wales.

Bollywood's popular actress Aishwarya Rai will be visiting Wales next month with Vivek Oberoi to shoot for her forthcoming movie Kyon Ho Gaya Na Pyar?The pair will be filming rally scenes for the film which also stars Amitabh Bachan in an important role.Wales is becoming an increasingly popular location for Bollywood movies & is proving competition to the likes of Switzerland which has been used for countless Indian films in the past."It is great news for Wales that it is being promoted in such a way & I'm very pleased there is this interest in people coming to film."said North Wales Tourism spokesman Jon Richmond."It'll be another boost to the tourist industry particularly if places featured are identifiable."Hollywood is also realising the potential of filming in Wales.The forthcoming action flick Tomb Raider 2 was shot there last year.

Aishwarya Rai

Vivek Oberoi

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 9-1-2006 02:17 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2005 09:36 PM | Show all posts
Ash out of Dhoom 2!!

The latest rumour doing the rounds is that Aishwarya Rai has opted out of Yash Raj's sequel to Dhoom titled DHOOM 2.When questioned,director Sanjay Gadvi laughs off the rumour saying that they were figment of somebody's wild imagination."She's very much a part of the film.In fact, Hrithik,Ash,Abhishek,Uday,Bipasha & Rimi Sen [who makes a special appearance] have already allotted dates to the project,"said Sunjay Gadvi. When told that there were rumors that John Abraham too was being considered for Dhoom 2,Sanjay sarcastically replied,"I'm not spilling the beans on that 1.May be in Dhoom 2 or Dhoom 3,"he smiles.The other news abt Ash is that she might not be a part of Bluff Master alongside Abhishek Bachan & Riteish Deshmukh any more.The film's director Rohan Sippy is yet to comment but reports suggest foul-play with Aishwarya being unprofessionally replaced by Priyanka Chopra.

[ Last edited by  Gadis_Venus at 4-8-2006 02:09 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2005 09:41 PM | Show all posts
State tapped Salman Khan's phone

Salman Khan strongly denies any links to the underworld

The government of the western Indian state of Maharashtra has admitted it tapped Bollywood actor Salman Khan's phone 4 years ago.
Authorities said the actor's phone was tapped for 2 mths beginning August 2001 to see if he had any links with Mumbai's underworld crime syndicates.

The Hindustan Times last week published transcripts of a tape in which Mr Khan is said to have boasted of such links.

The actor denies the voice in the tapes is his.

The state government promised appropriate action against the actor if links with the underworld were established.

Maharashtra home minister,RR Patil said that during the tapping a member of 1 of the crime syndicates in Mumbai (Bombay) called Mr Khan on his phone.

Mr Patil did not give any details of the conversation.

Khan denies ex-girlfriend Aishwarya Rai's claim he abused her.

He said the regular conversations between the 2 didn't necessarily mean the actor had any connections with the underworld dons.

Mr Khan strongly denies any such links.

The Hindustan Times' transcripts were purportedly of a phone conversation between Mr Khan & his then girlfriend,actress Aishwarya Rai.

The Maharashtra government didn't say this particular conversation was recorded at its behest.

Samples of Mr Khan's voice and that of Ms Rai are being examined in a government laboratory.

Noted criminal lawyer, Majeed Memon, said Mr Khan and many other Bollywood stars were questioned at the time about whether the 2001 film Chori Chori Chupke Chupke (Stealthily, Quietly) was financed by Mumbai's underworld.

Mr Memon said the actor had starred in the film and the police had investigated thoroughly to see if he was responsible in any way for getting slush money for the film.

He was subsequently found not to have any links with the underworld.

Analysts have asked why, if Mr Khan's phone was indeed being tapped and links were proven, the police had failed to take action against him in the past four years.

Mr Khan, one of the most popular Bollywood stars, is no stranger to controversy.

He is currently facing a court case for his alleged involvement in a hit-and-run incident.

He has also been accused by Ms Rai, a Bollywood heartthrob, of ill-treating her.

Ms Rai's friend and fellow actor, Vivek Oberoi, has accused Mr Khan of making threatening calls to him.

Mr Khan has denied both the allegations.

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 13-1-2006 09:35 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2005 09:44 PM | Show all posts
The latest rumours doing the rounds is that director Sanjay Leela Bhansali and actress Rani Mukherjee had a fight and would never work together again. When the media spoke to Bhansali, Rani was at his home and both couldn't stop laughing. "This was going to happen. People can't stand a good director-actress team. After all, we have done something that very few teams have done. Sanjay does scream at me. But at the end of the day, he is my friend and will always be. That will not change even if we don't do another film", says the actress.

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 27-8-2005 12:03 PM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

19-5-2024 12:09 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.054239 second(s), 39 queries .