Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: my-alja

educated vs uneducated

[Copy link]
Post time 14-11-2008 04:39 PM | Show all posts

Reply #104 hamizao's post

yes hami i agree with you. sound judgement and wise decision are needed.

however for some thing else, we can safely stp judging. Sometime people judge because of their fear. that they will be hurt.

a kind of protection.

[ Last edited by  Agul at 14-11-2008 04:40 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-11-2008 04:50 PM | Show all posts
i think "they" might not be feeling the "Fear" of being judgmental to others...they are may be forth right on their views.....i could not come out with example actually...

the statemnt above is also considered a form of judgment jugak - fear developed as a result of being judded in the first place?and that's why they judged ...god it is complicated and ridiculously funny

God , it does not have to be that complicated

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2008 05:02 PM | Show all posts
everyone do any form of judgement. if we feel we have been judged. at that moment even us are doing some sort of judgement.

that's why this is a very hard things to do and fathom. no matter what we can try to get a bit of that feel. just like thinking. No thinking, no judgement.

you even have to let go of judging yourself of judging anyone. it's only something you can feel. not tell. You're good or not good at it, it doesn't matter. Everything is eaqual. no good, no bad.

boy that's hard, even a monk would have hard time doing that...

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2008 05:07 PM | Show all posts

Reply #107 Agul's post

well on every thing is beng ' equal ' - subjective judgment i would consider, and why do you think we need religion in the first place? kan? it is i think partly in dealing with judgement jugak , kan?
in  a way - would u able to see my line of thought then?

so i think we need the value system still in "looking at things" as they are , the angles might be different but the "right " and wrong ni kena jugak .....

Hami , do u have anything on ?

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2008 05:20 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mbhcsf at 14-11-2008 05:07 PM
well on every thing is beng ' equal ' - subjective judgment i would consider, and why do you think we need religion in the first place? kan? it is i think partly in dealing with judgement jugak , ...

yes, religion deals primarily with judgement. it's a good guide, on how to behave.. if there are no religion, chaos.

what I'm going at is just simply stopping judging, just for little bit of time... i don't mean it's better than judging or anything, but it does feel good for a little moment. but then people always get distracted.. and then we start ooverthinking, over judging etc...

some people say to treat everyone, enemy and friend the same... i think it may be good. but i'm not confident that i can do that.
you see, even all this thing i write about is full ofjudgement, on me, and other people, everything...

i guess it's more of stop thinking, or getting intoxicated...爄t's just feels nice....

Use magic Report

Post time 15-11-2008 12:20 AM | Show all posts
Generally people judge to make sense of things.....that they see, hear, feel. It is  a natural curiosity and even be food for the analytical. It may in a way be seen as a natural defense mechanism to a degree. You see, when you understand, then you would know how to react to the circumstance and be prepare when necessary. For example, to an ancient hunter, he needs to understand the animal in order to ensnare it. Also, perhaps friends need to understand one another in order to build greater trust, cement better friendship.

However, the negative aspect of judging other people as normally referred to, is the coming to a conclusion about someone else based on sketchy information. Personally I would not care to conclude about anyone if it does not affect me one way or other, and especially so when the subject is not well known to me. That's not hard to do. However, sometimes it is interesting to observe others and make a mental note. You may say that's also judging , it depends on your understanding of the term.  People do get hurt if they think they have been wrongly judged. That's why the word can have  negative implications. For that reason I stand by the basis of the judgement. That's why too in court all facts to the case are studied before judgement is made. Get my drift?

As for the religion thing, it is just a set of philosophies. Only thing is some sets of philosophies are coupled with  pantheonic icons.

Sure, you may stop thinking for a moment or two.............can be very refreshing, I guess. It's an exercise I am yet to conquer. Alternatively, it is easier to fill my thoughts with wonderful thoughts before something unwanted  come to fill up the vacuum!

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 15-11-2008 12:41 AM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 15-11-2008 12:37 AM | Show all posts

Reply #110 hamizao's post

aah those words  from u  are just the chocolates to my eyes...no melamine , please.

hehee....

Use magic Report

Post time 15-11-2008 12:46 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mbhcsf at 15-11-2008 12:37 AM
aah those words  from u  are just the chocolates to my eyes...no melamine , please.

hehee....

Chocolates! Hohoho baru check my fridge..........only my energy bar is left..sob, sob!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-11-2008 12:52 AM | Show all posts

Reply #112 hamizao's post

alaaaalaaaaa

Use magic Report

Post time 15-11-2008 01:02 AM | Show all posts

Reply #110 hamizao's post

yeah hami.. that's right, take the chocolate, and stop judging the poor chocolates making peoples fat... just love it... and eat it...

after we refresh ourselves stopping judging for a moment or two, lets us have a field day judging every single thing that comes to mind for a moment or two...

that will be a crackling funny experience, i think...

Use magic Report

Post time 15-11-2008 01:22 AM | Show all posts

Reply #114 Agul's post

Finito! Imagine an energy bar at 1am!

Eer.....sorry Agul .......perhaps you may have funny experiences to share??

Use magic Report

Post time 15-11-2008 01:33 AM | Show all posts

Reply #115 hamizao's post

funny kelakar ke funny strange?

energy bar 1 a.m... will it make you wide awakelike energy drink?

the funny thing i thought about above is something everyone can try... you just try with all your might first to stop judging, then you judge with full force, exasperated expression and all. like it is the most important things in the world. that you are competing in the world judging competetion. and the person who grumbles the best and the most will win 1 billion dollar...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-11-2008 10:45 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 15-11-2008 12:20 AM
Generally people judge to make sense of things.....that they see, hear, feel. It is  a natural curiosity and even be food for the analytical. It may in a way be seen as a natural defense mechanis ...

i like this post.....nothing wrong of being one if you know the limit, rite....is our nature to judge or being judge...

akak hami....do you mind to share ur thot on something that i faced recently.... ....sorang akak nie tanya i..."i nie suka cakap besar ke..like to show off?"....errrkkkkk

being judgemental like agul's song on the previous posts ....i just wannna say YESSSSSS!!!! but tak sampai hati....heheheh, and now she's torturing me with her stories...help me plssss
i dun wanna be judgemental bcos she is nice...our kids in the same class but i can't help it when she starts to tell me about her stuffs.....my approach so far very passive, i just say emmm..emmm...gud..gud...you are lucky!

agul , wanna chip in

Use magic Report

Post time 15-11-2008 10:58 AM | Show all posts

Reply #117 my-alja's post

well Alja

showing of or not it's only between yu and ALLAH u know- it 's o perceptually subjective, ni tangapan dia pada u, and di aboleh "lihat " or rather perceiving u as u know as rama rama ker aper ker , u get i mean?
so, what's the fuss , ALLAH IS ALL - KNOWING - so  lantak pikat dia . I think at your stagenow thsi matter shall be brushed aside lah.

yg tanya you tu  may be tatau ur background, your exposure, or rather simply CANNOT understand your points selalulnya misinterpretation will lead to miscommunication

biasalah tu

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-11-2008 11:16 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mbhcsf at 15-11-2008 10:58 AM
well Alja

showing of or not it's only between yu and ALLAH u know- it 's o perceptually subjective, ni tangapan dia pada u, and di aboleh "lihat " or rather perceiving u as u know as rama ram ...

ermm....dia tanya camtu sebab ada org taknak kawan dia for the same reason, her ex-frens thot that she loves to show off....and now she asks me the same question?...

and i am judging her based on the way she express her thought on others or maybe me....i think at this stage (we are still new) both of us are doing some sort of mental judging competition...hahahaha, agul is right before....is not healthy for any relationships and i feel bad whenever i think abt it....

our kids masuk kelas sama plak nx year....huhuhu

Use magic Report

Post time 15-11-2008 11:22 AM | Show all posts

Reply #119 my-alja's post

if i were you i 'll approach the subject this way , tapi hati mesti  clear lah, do not form any ill - though but be HONEST

I COULD say to her like
i think you are very opinionated, you speak your mind out....and that's good, you have  point but then
taking  account the situation or rather the context, i think you might want to somehow rephrase or change a bit the style perhaps.....

ni kat mana u tinggal Alja..semua org ka macam ni>

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 15-11-2008 11:27 AM | Show all posts
u dun simply judge others if they are not connected to you....
but the activity is prominent when 2 people engaged in conversation...
then u know whether both of you can get along well or maybe have the same wave lenght

Use magic Report

Post time 15-11-2008 11:31 AM | Show all posts

Reply #121 my-alja's post

alaaa..tengok content lah, senang citer....well then tapi kalau takder hal and tak menjadi  soal kan why bother?kan...biaq pi kat dia lah.....susah gak cam ni ek?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-11-2008 11:38 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mbhcsf at 15-11-2008 11:22 AM
if i were you i 'll approach the subject this way , tapi hati mesti  clear lah, do not form any ill - though but be HONEST

I COULD say to her like
i think you are very opinionated, you speak  ...

that was my comments earlier ...and she replied, "you're educated...that's why you are not disturb by me"...in other way, she meant...those who are not educated enuf, will think that she wanna show off....k

but after a few weeks, i felt the same way like her ex-frens before.....distracting by her way of thinking and i started to judge her....

taklah semua camni....agaknya sebab tak judgemental masa tgk dia, i TERKAWAN dgn dia
i heard feedback from some parents...they just lock themselves up in the car while waiting for the kids in front of the school bcos they dun want to mix up with wrong person....well, i nie susahlah....dgn tukang sapu sampah kat blok nie pun i kawan

[ Last edited by  my-alja at 15-11-2008 11:42 AM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-11-2008 11:55 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mbhcsf at 15-11-2008 11:31 AM
alaaa..tengok content lah, senang citer....well then tapi kalau takder hal and tak menjadi  soal kan why bother?kan...biaq pi kat dia lah.....susah gak cam ni ek?

she calls me 4-5 times a day.....huwaaaa, huwaaaa
i rasa bersalah dan rasa myself jahat....sebab dlm hati macam2 i ngata dia....
takpe....cuti nie, i balik penang 1 bulan....

dia dah bebel....sebab i balik lama
ok....enuf laaa abt her

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

31-5-2024 04:57 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.067288 second(s), 42 queries .