Yoon Sang Hyun

Park Won Sook

Kim Ja Ok

Kim Jung Tae

Jo Mi Ryung

cr: dramawiki

Choi Ji-woo to make her drama comeback
by girlfriday | January 28, 2011 | 129 Comments

The Goddess of Melodrama herself, Hallyu star Choi Ji-woo (A Star’s Lover, Air City, Winter Sonata) is planning a return to the small screen with the drama Medical School. Well, the title is informative, I’ll give you that, but not so punchy. (I assure you, it’s the same in Korean: 의과대학). I can’t say that I’m all aflutter for a medical melodrama (been theeeeere, done thaaaaat), but I’m happy to hear news that Choi Ji-woo is returning to television.

It’s one thing javabeans and I always say that we love about the K-drama system: that miniseries mean big stars can commit to TV shows without signing away years of their lives, which means they can regularly return to the medium that launched their careers. (See: Lee Byung-heon in IRIS, Bae Yong-joon in Legend).

It’s been two years since her last drama, 2009′s A Star’s Lover, but she’s since starred in the film Actresses alongside heavy-hitter Go Hyun-jung, who is, at least in the last few years, out-shining Choi as the hottest act in town. Perhaps this drama will be the commercial success that she needs to put her back in the game. (Not that, you know, she’s starving or anything.)

She’ll first be starring in the Japanese melodrama Winter Cherry Blossom on TBS, and then move onto pre-production for Medical School. Looks like there’s a chance we’ll see Choi Ji-woo back in K-dramaland before the year is out.

Via Hankook Ilbo

cr: dramabeans

Choi Ji Woo cast for MBC’s new drama, ‘Can’t Live With Losing’
by VITALSIGN on July 12, 2011 at 10:35 pm
  Share on Tumblr

Hallyu goddess Choi Ji Woo will be making her small screen comeback with MBC’s new mini-series, ‘Can’t Live With Losing‘!

The melodrama centers around the divorce of two lawyers, and the heartwarming encounters they come across. Choi Ji Woo will be playing the role of ‘Eun Jae’, a bright, positive, and confident lawyer.

Since she’s known for playing naive, Cinderella-esque characters, viewers are beginning to wonder how she’ll pull off this new image change.

When asked why she chose this drama in particular, she replied that she fell in love with the character’s charming nature after reading the script.

So far, no one has been cast for the leading male role, but several top stars are currently been considered. Fans commented, “We’ve waited for you for so long, I’m so excited”, and “I’m already anticipating this drama.”

Source + Photos: Sports Chosun via Naver

cr: allkpop

Choi Ji-woo back in dramaland as a lawyer
by javabeans | July 13, 2011 | 118 Comments

Choi Ji-woo, the actress whose face practically defines Hallyu (along with, oh, Lee Young-ae and Bae Yong-joon and a handful of others), has announced her next drama. (Well, again. She’d announced a different drama comeback earlier this year.)

It’ll be an MBC series to air later this summer, titled (for now) Can’t Lose. She stars as one-half of a lawyer couple in the midst of divorce (what is it with drama divorcées these days? They’re the new careerwoman, who were the new Candys, who were the new Cinderellas), with events unfolding with a “warm, light touch.”

Choi’s Eun-jae character is a skilled, tough lawyer, described by Choi as “charming and lovable.” Now the question is: Who plays hubby dearest? Reports hint that there’s another popular Hallyu star being courted to play the male lead, who’s in the latter stages of the casting process. If he’s on a similar level (and age range) as Choi, that leaves a pretty finite list of possibilities, although it seems that every day another actor gets to stretch the term and call himself a budding Hallyu star. Hmm… Song Seung-heon? Jung Woo-sung? Kwon Sang-woo?

The drama will follow current Wednesday-Thursday series You’ve Fallen For Me, and premieres in August.

Via Star News

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 1-8-2011 08:22 PM | Show all posts
Yoon Sang-hyun cast as Choi Ji-woo’s leading man
by girlfriday | July 18, 2011 | 138 Comments

Oh, what an interesting pairing! Yoon Sang-hyun (Secret Garden) has been cast in dramaland’s most coveted role of late: as Choi Ji-woo‘s leading man in her comeback drama Can’t Lose. Yoon is a big star in his own right, but right now I can only think of how his Secret Garden character Oska spent the entire series shouting, “I’m a Hallyu star!”

He’s one already, but now he’s gunning to join the A-list, if this drama goes well.

Can’t Lose is about a married couple going through divorce, and both of them happen to be lawyers. How much you wanna bet they’re both divorce lawyers and representing themselves? You just KNOW they’re going to be the polar opposite kind of lawyers too, because that’s just how they cut the cookies in kdramaland.

The show is described as warm and light, which means rom-com. Definitely a plus. I wasn’t excited about this drama on Choi Ji-woo’s name alone because I’m always wary of dramas featuring the sad melodrama version of her, but opposite Yoon she’s likely to be much more upbeat and bubbly. I certainly hope that casting Yoon as the leading man means the production is leaning more towards light comedy, because these two could be amazing together with the right tone. Obviously both have strong dramatic chops to carry the divorce story when things go south (er, more south) for the couple, but I’d love to see a twist and have the drama about divorce be funny and fun.

Directing is PD Lee Jae-dong (Thank You) and writing is Lee Sook-jin who wrote the 2006 drama Great Expectations starring Han Ji-min and Kim Jae-won.

Can’t Lose follows You’ve Fallen For Me and premieres in August on MBC.

Via Star News

Still-cuts of Choi Ji Woo and Yoon Sang Hyun in upcoming drama, ‘Can’t Lose’, revealed
by kdramacrazy on July 29, 2011 at 8:08 pm
Share on Tumblr

The production team of MBC’s new drama, ‘Can’t Lose‘, have revealed still-cuts of their main characters, Hallyu actress Choi Ji Woo and actor Yoon Sang Hyun (whom many fans know as ‘Oska‘ from SBS’s ‘Secret Garden‘).

Shots from a wedding in particular have gathered immense interest – Choi Ji Woo is seen smiling brilliantly while showcasing that gentle beauty she’s famous for the world over.

In the drama, Choi Ji Woo and Yoon Sang Hyun both appear as divorce lawyers who go through a divorce themselves after their marriage life becomes too difficult.

The pilot episode of ‘Can’t Lose’ will air on August 24th after Jung Yonghwa’s and Park Shin Hye’s ‘Heartstrings‘.

Source+Photo: MyDaily via Nate

cr: allkpop

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-8-2011 08:22 PM | Show all posts
reserved...

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2011 08:46 AM | Show all posts
drama baru unni..

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2011 09:08 AM | Show all posts
waaa.. depa ni lebih kurang jek kan sebaya.. neh klu berlakon sama, kita pun feeling sekali la nak tgk keserasian depa bersama..
tp sbb citer ni kat MBC, mungkin laa slow skit respon kat forum ni.. mcm citer Best Love ..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-8-2011 10:07 AM | Show all posts
waaa.. depa ni lebih kurang jek kan sebaya.. neh klu berlakon sama, kita pun feeling sekali la nak t ...
zehra2 Post at 3-8-2011 09:08 AM

yep... sebab kalau drama KBS bleh tengok kat KBSW.. kalau drama SBS boleh tengok kat ONE.. drama MBC je yang tak dapek nak layan kat mana2..

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 3-8-2011 10:09 AM | Show all posts
alamak oscar......i like!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2011 11:48 AM | Show all posts
dah lama tak tgk ji woo unni blakon.. rinduuuu~
jumpa gmbr ni mase dok search kat tenet

source: http://thedramascenes.com/2011/0 ... ures-for-cant-lose/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-8-2011 06:53 AM | Show all posts
wa nak tgk choi ji woo menangis jek dlm citer ni
pada wa, ia sgt berkesan

Use magic Report

Post time 7-8-2011 09:31 PM | Show all posts
Reply 8# ichi

cntik gaun ji woo...xsabaq tggu cita ni..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-8-2011 07:49 AM | Show all posts
wa nak tgk choi ji woo menangis jek dlm citer ni
pada wa, ia sgt berkesan
dauswq Post at 4-8-2011 06:53 AM

dia kalau nangis jenis nangis "winter sonata" memang berkesan sangat.. tahaaaannn je gitu.. rasa nak pecah je dada ni.. kekeke.. kalau dia nangis jenis nangis meraung2 aku tak minat lahhh..

Use magic Report

Post time 8-8-2011 08:04 AM | Show all posts
dia kalau nangis jenis nangis "winter sonata" memang berkesan sangat.. tahaaaannn je gitu.. ra ...
blankie Post at 8-8-2011 07:49

wa lagik suka die nangis dlm Stairway In Heaven..
hero pun same2 nanges

Use magic Report

Post time 9-8-2011 01:28 AM | Show all posts
bila start nih???

CJW nmpk muda je kan

Use magic Report

Post time 9-8-2011 01:35 AM | Show all posts
essited jugak untuk cerita ni. suka choi jiwoo and yoon sanghyun looks really good in the stills.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-8-2011 01:37 AM | Show all posts
wa lagik suka die nangis dlm Stairway In Heaven..
hero pun same2 nanges
dauswq Post at 8-8-2011 08:04

kalau kwon sangwoo nangis, wa pun tobat nangis sama

Use magic Report

Post time 14-8-2011 12:07 PM | Show all posts
bila nk tayang ni? tgk sedutan mcm best je

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-8-2011 10:39 AM | Show all posts
Choi Ji Woo and Yoon Sang Hyun Attend Press Conference of "Can't Lose"       

Choi Ji Woo and Yoon Sang Hyun attended the press conference for the upcoming comedy drama "Can't Lose" at Lotte Hotel in Seoul on August 17.  The drama's cast include Choi and Yoon, as well as Kim Jung Tae, Joo Jin Mo, and Ha Seok Jin.  Choi and Yoon play lawyers who are married to each other and decide to divorce.

"Can't Lose" is set to air on MBC during Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:55 PM KST.  The first episode airs on August 24, right after "Heartstrings."

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/user/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2011 10:42 AM | Show all posts
thanks for the pics from soompi

Can't live with losing conference

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2011 10:43 AM | Show all posts

Credit: Nate + As tag

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2011 10:52 AM | Show all posts
thanks for the article from soompi

Actress Choi Ji Woo recently said she gave up being pretty.

Choi plays the role of a lawyer in MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday series, Can’t Live Losing, with Yoon Sang Hyun, who plays the role of her husband. Choi usually played the characters who were always lovely. But in the series, she will perform a fight between her and her husband.

On the 17th, the series held a press conference at Lotte Hotel in Jamsil, Seoul. At the conference, Choi said, “I gave up being pretty in the series because everyone knows that I’m pretty.”

“The director cares about my appearance rather than I do. He told me not to life my eyes because I look scary,” she added.

Can’t Live Losing is Choi’s first romantic comedy.

Choi said, “I was confused at first but now I’m enjoying shooting the series. Yoon always makes comfortable atmosphere at the set. I mostly had to cry in other dramas, but in this one, I’m always smiling.”

“Everyone who has a boyfriend or girlfriend and a husband or wife, would share their feelings with the series,” she added.

The series’ first episode will air on the 24th, after You’ve Fallen For Me.

Source: Segye from Nate

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

16-5-2024 05:19 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.096522 second(s), 45 queries .