CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 11931|Reply: 108

Concept Of Reincarnation - Let's Debate :)

[Copy link]
Post time 23-10-2006 02:38 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Of all the Religion Topics which people could debate endlessly, Reincarnation is one of the most famous topic of them all.

This debate on since Gautama Buddha's time and highly associate with existence (or non-existence) of Souls. So, since so many people loves to debate endlessly here, let's debate about Reincarnation.

Interestingly enough, Science did not turn blind eyes toward this theory. Here's an interesting FACT :

Source : http://www.deathreference.com/Py-Se/Reincarnation.html

[Qoute]
In the twentieth century, researchers began exploring possible evidence for reincarnation. In 1961 Ian Stevenson, then the chairman of the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Virginia, began investigating cases of young children who claimed to remember previous lives. In a typical case, a child at the age of two or three would begin to speak spontaneously about another life. Some children described the life of a stranger while others talked about a deceased individual known to the child's family.

Since that time, he and other researchers have collected over 2,500 cases of children claiming to remember previous lives. As of 2002, such cases were still being collected regularly. While they each have individual variations, they generally share certain characteristics.

Types of lives described. The children who spontaneously report past lives generally describe a life as someone in their own culture.

Age and manner of speaking. The children studied almost always start talking about the previous lives between the ages of two and five years. Some with unusual verbal skills may make statements earlier, and some make gestures earlier that are not understood until they develop the verbal skills to make statements that connect the gestures to a previous life. They almost always stop talking about the previous life between the ages of five and eight, which is generally the age when children branch out from the family and begin school, and also the age when children tend to lose early childhood memories.

Themes of the past life statements. The children in the studies who talk about previous lives do not tend to make statements indicating great wisdom. Instead, they generally talk about events from the end of the previous life; almost three-quarters of the subjects describe the mode of death of the previous personality.

Birthmarks and birth defects. In about 35 percent of the cases, the child bears a birthmark or birth defect that matches a wound of the previous personality, usually the fatal wound. The birthmarks tend to be unusual ones, often being puckered scarlike areas, and some of them are said to have oozed or bled for some time after the child was born. The birth defects are often ones that are extremely rare. In the late 1990s Stevenson published a series of over 200 such cases in which he documented the correspondence of the marks to wounds on the previous personality, using postmortem reports whenever possible.

Behaviors related to the previous life. Many of the children in these studies show behaviors that suggest a connection to the previous individual. They often show emotions toward the various members of the previous family that are appropriate: demurring to a husband, being bossy to a younger sibling (who is now, in fact, much older than the subject), and so forth.

Hmmm ... :hmm:

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

samerosie This user has been deleted
Post time 23-10-2006 02:39 PM | Show all posts
ff:

Let's Debate?  I think most people here knows that you don't debate septh, you impose.  Anyways, good luck.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-10-2006 02:41 PM | Show all posts
Don't want to debate ... don't talk. :no:

Use magic Report

samerosie This user has been deleted
Post time 23-10-2006 02:44 PM | Show all posts
I rest my case.  

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2006 04:06 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 23-10-2006 02:41 PM
Don't want to debate ... don't talk. :no:

Debate? You? Nicely said Samerosie.Most people here including me want to avoid getting into pissing-contest with you.

Originally posted by samerosie at 23-10-2006 02:39 PM
I think most people here knows that you don't debate septh,you impose.

[ Last edited by  vixen at 23-10-2006 04:09 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-10-2006 04:11 PM | Show all posts
by vixen   

Debate? You? Nicely said Samerosie.Most people here including me want to avoid getting into pissing-contest with you.   

Wanna debate or not? If not, Shut up. ;)

I didn't open this thread to be talking to losers. I opened this thread to examine the Concept of Reincarnation. You got nothing to say about it, Shut up.

Thank you ... Happy DeepaRaya. ;)

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 23-10-2006 04:32 PM | Show all posts
Who created this system of reincarnation?

Use magic Report

Post time 25-10-2006 03:38 PM | Show all posts
The concept of reincarnation is very interesting. But, sensitiflah nak cakap kat sini.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-10-2006 05:49 PM | Show all posts
May be a question like this might get the attention of all forumers who may have a better answer to this question.

You were walking along a busy walkway in the city and you happen to notice that there was this unfortunate limbless man crawling on his butt begging for food. Can any of you tell me why is that soul suffering with deformity? It could be by birth or by accident but why should he suffer while you and others are normal and have a better life than him?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-10-2006 08:40 AM | Show all posts
by barney50   

You were walking along a busy walkway in the city and you happen to notice that there was this unfortunate limbless man crawling on his butt begging for food. Can any of you tell me why is that soul suffering with deformity? It could be by birth or by accident but why should he suffer while you and others are normal and have a better life than him?   

And think about this as well ...

You see the unfortunate person, and walk away, deaf to his plead for help, thinking you are above him and therefore it makes you feel disgraced to lower yourself to help others. And he continues to suffer in hunger silently.

Then, a few months later, you're in an accident and when you wake up, you're in a hospital - your legs have to be cut off to save your life and there is no one in your family bothers to come and visit a cripple like you. When you in such condition, who is to blame?

IF a person gets what he deserves in THIS Lifetime - it is Karma.
IF he gets what he deserves in the NEXT Lifetime - it is Reincarnation.

In short, YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU DESERVE. That is Certain.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-10-2006 10:48 AM | Show all posts
for years i have been carnated into a dog.. now i am roaming the streets scavenging for half a decnt meal because of my past deeds in life.

So, what advice do u have for an old dog like me. i want to reincarnate to higher life forms. what do i need to do??
should i stop looking for b1atches? should i stop barking? should i stop running away from the stray hunters?

should i meditate??

(reincarnation if a theory full of holes)

Use magic Report

Post time 29-10-2006 05:49 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by RedChaSiew at 29-10-2006 10:48 AM:

for years i have been carnated into a dog.. now i am roaming the streets scavenging for half a decnt meal because of my past deeds in life.

So, what advice do u have for an old dog like me. i want to reincarnate to higher life forms. what do i need to do??

should i stop looking for b1atches?

LOL, ReadChaSiew.That was funny.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-10-2006 07:01 PM | Show all posts
yes indeed, I have always thought of this reincarnation thingy and tried to picture it for a pig or an earthworm. What do they know and what can they do you earn a better karma?
Even for humans, who keeps score for all the good and bad things we did? How do we know if we have met the target for a promotion?

Use magic Report

Post time 30-10-2006 06:33 AM | Show all posts
  1. responded by RedChaSiew:for years i have been carnated into a dog.. now i am roaming the streets scavenging for half a decnt meal because of my past deeds in life.

2. So, what advice do u have for an old dog like me. i want to reincarnate to higher life forms. what do i need to do??
  3. should i stop looking for b1atches? should i stop barking? should i stop running away from the stray hunters?

4. should i meditate??
Copy the Code

Well, if your soul has been reincarnated into a dog than you have to spend the life as a dog till you exhaust that life before you return back to another life you have been destined to. There is no question about it. Although there are some dogs which does not need to roam the streets or scavenge for food as food would be served in a silver plate. Have you not seen such dogs owned by Hollywood celebraties? Even in our country some dogs have a better life than human beings. This is due to some of their good deeds in their past but along that they must have caused hardship to dogs and so they are incarnated as dogs and live and experience yhe life of such animals. It is all there but you fail to see it and that is not your fault but your karma that  makes you ignorant of the truth about life.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-10-2006 08:04 AM | Show all posts
does that mean that the soul will only live one life as a dog. ie, for animals, it is only one life as an animla but for humans, we can recycle into being humans the next round?

Do Buddhists have some scriptures that will record all these teachings clearly?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-10-2006 08:40 AM | Show all posts
by RedChaSiew   

should i stop looking for b1atches? should i stop barking? should i stop running away from the stray hunters?

should i meditate??

Hmph ... this forum is an amazing things ... Dogs can type in English and Man can behave like Dogs as well. ;)

If you want to be human, start BEHAVE like one.
When you are a human, LIVE like one.

You only deserve WHAT YOU DESERVE to get. Nothing more. :no:

(reincarnation if a theory full of holes)   

Yet reincarnation IS the ONLY "theory" which can be explained by Science, can explain existence of Souls, can explain Role of God properly and can explain how the World revolves.

The theory with more holes in it as you describe has more truth than some guy who got nailed in the cross for your stupidity or Gladiator System when you live once then rot in hell or screw 72 prostitutes in heaven for eternity. ;)

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 30-10-2006 08:49 AM | Show all posts
by Debmey   

does that mean that the soul will only live one life as a dog. ie, for animals, it is only one life as an animla but for humans, we can recycle into being humans the next round?

Dogs can be dogs in the next life or some other higher or lower animals, or even humans considering the goodness it does. ALL creatures HAVE capability to do good or evil. NO EXCEPTION. Buddhism calls ALL LIFE as Sentient Beings.

Higher or lower here means how much "sense" you are given to use. Sense here means - Hearing, Smelling, Taste, Sight etc. Of all creatures, ONLY Humans have the 6th Sense which enable him to peek into the higher circle of existence which eluded all others.

Do Buddhists have some scriptures that will record all these teachings clearly?   

If you want to know about Buddhist belief on Reincarnation (or Rebirth if you want), try searching for Vajrayana Buddhism.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-10-2006 08:52 AM | Show all posts
Seems like once you are stuck as a dog, you are then likely to stay as a dog under such a system because dogs have no morals and will be instinct do evils.
what about earthworms? Can an earthworm do evils in the sight of God?

Use magic Report

Post time 30-10-2006 08:59 AM | Show all posts
what about an amoeba or bacteria?

Use magic Report

sentaja This user has been deleted
Post time 30-10-2006 11:47 AM | Show all posts
there is no such thing as reincarnation.

and someone said about it as the only logical explanation...

prove to me that my cat is actually hitler being punished ? (while eating whiskas everyday)
prove to me that my cat is aware that it is actually hitler ? (while scratching its nails on my chair)

prove to me either seph*** or B50 is actually an ape or a baboon previously. and i really dont know
which part of being an ape and a baboon that merits them to become such accomplished religion
debater in CARI!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

19-5-2024 11:15 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.072517 second(s), 50 queries .