CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: braderjoni

(MERGED) SAF, SPF & SCDF Bhg 2

[Copy link]
Post time 8-11-2009 04:15 PM | Show all posts
On top of that, if RMAF already has a shortage of pilots for the number of aircraft they operate (dual seat MKMs and all), then I'd imagine our shortages are even greater...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-11-2009 04:34 PM | Show all posts
200# mentosonline

If true, it is always a question of opening the gates a bit more to let in more pilots.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-11-2009 04:44 PM | Show all posts
199# mentosonline

F15SGs will be great. And it is definite that we will order more. I think next year. But we wont get them now if we order them. Getting more F16s is more convenient. They have lesser range but we have tankers. I agree with you air power generation is important but so are numbers. Regional forces are also getting better planes and in some cases, in greater numbers and capabilities than they once had.

As Im thinking more, I am getting more inclined to think that we would need those F16s as stop-gap interim jets in case the F35s are delayed beyond 2014. It is no point getting more and more F15s apart from the original 24 and likely purchase of 24-26 more.  

We would simply surplant the F35s that we want to get.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-11-2009 06:00 PM | Show all posts
201# belacan79
They already have... just look at all the RSAF ads on TV and all the RSAF spam mail my family gets...

Um I think the next direction should be further expansion of UAV, EW and support segments. IDF, despite their war crimes and all, have proven that UAVs and EW are amazing tools (ask the Syrians on their countless 'disasters'). We already have 4 G550 CAEW (ironically the further development of the very system the Su-30MKI was designed to work with). 2 more G550s were bought also but I am unaware of their fate, perhaps they are being used for EW and ELINT/COMINT?

Well F-15SG holds plenty of advantages that F-16 cannot meet. We might have to wait for the F-15K second batch but Boeing and US Government are still desperate as ever to keep those production lines open. We'll get a better deal with more concessions etc more Israeli 'special' equipment.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-11-2009 06:17 PM | Show all posts
203# mentosonline

Bro, I know they are doing that. But it seems that they are also rejecting more than they are taking in. Got a couple of healthy friends with good cognitive skills who did not get in. Many of those who do not get in are offered alternative routes in areas/vocations which are in real need of people.

Also, I do not know how it works. Ads do not necessarily result in recruitment in the civil service. A lot of transient factors come into play; especially head count tax. When I was in one of the ministries, we had advertised for a lot of posts in my department but we never got around to actual recruitment. Why? Plenty of issues in my opinion. We wanted to maintain status quo. Looks better cost-wise. We could make do with what we had. It could plausibly affect internal political dynamics; promotions, relationships, etc. We advertised for one year and recruited no one. One post became vacant for a year because the next person could shoulder the responsibilities.

But we certainly could if we wanted to recruit.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-11-2009 06:22 PM | Show all posts
203# mentosonline

I agree with you on the F15SGs here. But my contention is that we could use some extra frames "now" and perhaps in the near future. Hence, the additional leased F16s beyond the current 74 F16s. My two cents. If we place an order for F15SGs now, we would only probably get them around 2012 earliest or perhaps slightly later? I think boeing still has commitments to S.Korea. And rumours are flying that Saudi Arabia is going to purchase several dozen more.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 8-11-2009 07:05 PM | Show all posts
I think we should buy some nukes from Kim Jong Il just in case.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-11-2009 10:51 PM | Show all posts
More news about the latest GMLRS 92 km range success by LockMart

Thursday, November 05, 2009

DALLAS, TX.- Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] successfully fired a U.S. Army Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System (GMLRS) rocket 92 kilometers in a recent test at White Sands Missile Range, NM. The flawless test highlighted recent product improvements of this battle-proven system to give it a longer reach, maintaining its accuracy and effectiveness while minimizing potential collateral damage.

Firing crews for the launch were from the 5th Battalion, 3rd Field Artillery from Fort Lewis, WA. This test firing of a unitary GMLRS met all mission objectives, which included:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-11-2009 08:51 AM | Show all posts
204# belacan79

Yes there still is a pool we haven't recruited. It's still sad that Malays are routinely being given low security clearances despite their increasingly distant relations with Malaysians. This practice needs to be stopped gradually. All of my malay friends don't see themselves as malaysians but Singaporeans. We visit them for Hari Raya and they visit us for CNY (of course we hide all the bak kwa first ) exchange gifts and all. We are equals, and no reason for Malays to be excluded from the air force

Use magic Report

Post time 9-11-2009 11:40 AM | Show all posts
Malays are already serving in Infantry and support units  plus SCDF, they are already been tapped mister.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-11-2009 01:05 PM | Show all posts
208# mentosonline

The friends I was referring to arent Malays but chinese. But i think you are talking about comfort levels. It is slowly dissipating.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-11-2009 01:08 PM | Show all posts
207# belacan79

What is the probability of putting some of these delicious gmlrs rockets on our frigates? there is certainly space on the ships with space being under-utilized.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-11-2009 01:21 PM | Show all posts
209# Debmey

Don't forget SPF.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-11-2009 08:27 AM | Show all posts
211# belacan79

GMLRS should stay on land to equip our artillery regiments. Frigates will be upgraded in future to be equipped with Storm Shadow/Scalp EG cruise missiles and possibly more Aster 15/30 VLS. Don't know alot about that. The Formidable is its current form already outguns nearly every ship in the region excluding Australia.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-11-2009 08:35 AM | Show all posts
209# Debmey

Many Malays clearly have the potential skills and aptitude to become fighter pilots. The "security clearance" thing or religion reasons our government gives to exclude Malays (military is the last sector in Singapore that Malays are still discriminated against) will have to be scrapped eventually.

It's true that war will conflict with a muslim's beliefs, but it is just as much a case with a christian, buddhist, hindu, whatever. War is war, kill or be killed.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-11-2009 09:07 AM | Show all posts
There are already muslim pilots in RSAF. don't you know?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-11-2009 09:13 AM | Show all posts
meme la, tapi ore mamak..

Use magic Report

Post time 10-11-2009 09:57 AM | Show all posts
215# Debmey

Waiting for the Malay in the RSN, even if he is in Sea Soldier vocation.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-11-2009 02:14 PM | Show all posts
there are already malays in RSN too. Just not high profile like pilot.
I was in artillery, lots of malays there. nobody cares.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-11-2009 10:20 PM | Show all posts
alright, tahun depan Himar pulak....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

18-5-2024 09:40 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.076283 second(s), 42 queries .