Register

ADVERTISEMENT

1234Next
Return to list New
View: 5463|Reply: 74

Jemputree halal restaurant

[Copy link]
Post time 11-11-2009 09:45 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Must visit : Jemputree halal restaurant                                                                                May 30th, 2008                                by Lilian.                                                        
                                                                                Icannot remember who mentioned to me in some previous post aboutJemputree. And I am so glad to visit Jemputree yesterday. In fact, my littleboy loves the place so much, he was asking us to have dinner there aswell. He wanted to bring brother #3 along as brother #3 was at the movie with his friends.

The attraction is not thefoods but rather the uniqueness of dining in a tree house, on top of ahuge tree. It is totally Malay style, whereby they have a small tableon the floor and we sat cross-legged to eat. That’s whymy little boy was so thrilled.

He insists we must go have lunch again today. *roll eyes* Well, forthe foods, I am impressed that they have a really wide ranging menu.There are Western foods, Malay foods, some Chinese dishes and lots ofcocktails and snacks.

We ordered the cucur ikan bilis which is only RM4.50. It is a hugebasket of traditional Malay cucur served with Thai chilli sauce. It isreally nice to munch on the cucur, while sipping mocktails on top of atree.

It was drizzling when we were there so it was pretty cool andbreezy. Being a Malay-owned restaurant, I opted for Malay dishes. I hadthis set meal for RM8.90 which comes with a bowl of chicken masaklemak. Nice, lemak and yet sourish curry. It includes a glass of icedlemon tea so the price is really reasonable.

My little boy enjoyed his fried rice very much.  Overall, the food is not bad but not entirely out of this world.However, the place and service make this restaurant worth visiting.Eventhough it was lunch time and there is a big office crowd, foodswere served promptly.

My other son had the beef stroganoff served with butter rice. Ithink it is about RM13.90 with generous amount of beef strips and lotsof mushrooms.

Jemputree just changed their opening hours recently. It is opened onTuesday to Saturday, from 11.30 am to midnight. Earlier, they areclosed on some parts of the day. (sorry I didn’t note the time forSunday)
Location :  64  Jalan Chow Thye which is off Burma Road.  The place is diagonally across Hotel and Cafe 1926.
They have a website at www.jemputree.com and the telephone numbers I have on the card is :
Halim :  017-242 9177 and Mon : 012-474 4920
Go visit. I know you will like the place. It is like a little junglein the midst of the hustle and bustle of the city. I am sure the placewill be even more romantic and surreal at night because they have fairylights hanging from the trees and everywhere.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 11-11-2009 09:47 PM | Show all posts
makan time....tempat yg sesuai utk muslim masa melancong ke penang

kalau dah jemu nasi kandar...ada alternative...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-11-2009 09:50 PM | Show all posts
yg ni juga not bad...

Mee Sotong Hameed Pata, Esplanade Penang                                                                                Jan 16th, 2009                                by Lilian.                                                        
                                                                                I have heard so much about mee sotong but I went to the wrong end of Esplanade to have the wrong mee sotong yesterday.  Ish!  I came back grumbling about it because after I Googled, I only realised why the mee I ate tastes so-so while others raved about the mee sotong they ate.
So, my eldest son who had eaten mee sotong (his friend’s blogged about the  mee sotonghere)  brought me to the correct end of Esplanadehawker centre today. Crazy or not? Two continous days eating Indianmee. Mee Sotong Hameed Pata is only available for lunch.The stall is located at the hawker centre  near the Dewan Undangan Negeri Pulau Pinang, right across Wisma Pelaut.  It is near the Fort Cornwallis end and not the Dewan Sri Pinang side.

When I reached there, during lunch hour, I was greeted with thissight. Plates and plates of mee sotong. So, you know this has to begood. My son and I ordered a mee goreng and mee rebus with extrasotong.The price is RM5.

The mee goreng is fried the normal way.  Then, the special dried squids cooked in chillies are scooped onto the fried noodle before serving.  The chillies are really hot.  Lucky that it was a breezy afternoon and we sat in the shade of a very old tree.  Otherwise, it will be one sweaty affair.

Worth mentioning is the cendol, coconut shake, ais kacang andcoconut drinks stall call Jalil Special Ais Kacang which is locatednext to Hameed Pata Mee Sotong.The cendol is good.  The creamy coconut milk will sooth the burning tongue from the fiery chillies.

Both the mee goreng and mee rebus are good.  I think this has to be the best mee mamak I have eaten.  The other one is the Bangkok Lane mee goreng (but I think the stall is not run by Muslims, hence less customers.)  Mee Sotong Hameed ‘Pata’ is a Muslim stall.
During lunch hour (I do not know about other times), there are Malaynasi campur, nasi ayam, tom yam and other food stalls. Beside these,there is also a Chinese run Western foods stall. They do not servepork. We ordered a plate of chicken chop which costs only RM6. Tastewise, not bad.
So, if you are looking for mee mamak during lunch hour, head over to Esplanade.  You can either park on the Esplanade side near Fort Cornwallis where the canon is or the car park opposite the Penang State Legislative Building.
ing.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-11-2009 09:53 PM | Show all posts
beberapa kali makan di jemputree..makanan not bad

Use magic Report

Post time 11-11-2009 09:58 PM | Show all posts
cambest jer..mee sotong mamak..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-11-2009 10:00 PM | Show all posts
ada lagi....claypot....

Of claypot briyani and badam milk                                                                                Jun 24th, 2009                                by Lilian.                                                        
                                                                                Iam sooo full, I regret eating. So, let me see if I can ease myindigestion by blogging about the dinner I just had about three hoursago. It is already three hours and I am still choking with badam milk and mutton briyani.  Regret, regret, regret.  
Initially, we went to Chulia Street (I think) because we wanted totry the kari itik nila from Kassim Mustafa. However, I found that theyonly sell on Saturday and Sunday. Lawrence told me the duck curry isgood but I must go around 8 pm or they will be sold out the moment theytake out the dish.

Since there is no duck curry, hubby suggested Kapitan because hesaid the Kapitan in Bandar Perda, Butterworth has mixed grill with itsnaan. However, the Kapitan here only have tandoori chicken.So, I ordered the item most advertised, i.e. claypot briyani. I amnever a fan of flavoured rice like nasi minyak, nasi lemak, nasibriyani or anything kind which has its own taste because I find thattoo filling. The rice is not even served in any claypot but a metalcontainer like a cake tin.

Meanwhile, my son ordered the tandoori chicken set with butter naan.  I prefer the tandoori at Kassim Mustafa in Jalan Burmah.

They have a pullcart selling badam milk.  I like badam milk or almond milk.However, the one at Kapitan is soo thick, so rich and full of cashewnuts, raisins and don’t know what skin, like foo chook (soyabean skin)it made me sooo full. Adoi lah…I hope I don’t develop lactose intolerance and squirm on the floor tonight.  Sometimes, if I eat some wrong kind of foods, I can get tummy ache so severe, I can faint.  The badam milkis rather nice. But not to be drank with a rich meal like briyanimutton or else you will suffer like a python which had swallowed ananimal ten times its’ size.

The pushcart which prepares all kind of healthy drinks like Milowith raw egg, tongkat ali tea and don’t know what kind of’strengthening coffee’.

Kapitan does not serve the tastiest foods but they have a wide rangeof things not found at other mamak stalls. They have a few outlets inPenang and one of them is at Gurney Hotel at Gurney Tower, next toStarbucks. The one I ate is at Chulia Street, Penang.
Now, I have to find a way to get my food digested or else I can’t sleep.  How?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 11-11-2009 10:02 PM | Show all posts
Aku tang cendol tu yg tak tahan...

Use magic Report

Post time 11-11-2009 10:03 PM | Show all posts
ko food blogger ker?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 11-11-2009 10:06 PM | Show all posts
ko food blogger ker?
atai Post at 11-11-2009 22:03

bukanlah..saya copy paste dr blog org lain...hehe

Use magic Report

Post time 11-11-2009 10:07 PM | Show all posts
suma area penang ka..memang byk tmpat mkn sana kan..

Use magic Report

Post time 11-11-2009 10:07 PM | Show all posts
whoa... mee soto... kena cuba tu...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-11-2009 10:15 PM | Show all posts
suma area penang ka..memang byk tmpat mkn sana kan..
atai Post at 11-11-2009 22:07

semestinya di Penang!

Use magic Report

Post time 11-11-2009 10:20 PM | Show all posts
meleleh...lama dh tak pg penang

Use magic Report

Post time 11-11-2009 10:27 PM | Show all posts
Kat KL takde JEMPUTREE tapi ade JAMBANTREE.....kat Jalan Doraisamy......belakang JAMBAN kedai...ada mcm2 SOP PULAK......tikus pun banyak.......silap ari terjun dalam periuk SOP...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-11-2009 10:34 PM | Show all posts
yg ni economy sikit tapi sedap juga..

Nasi Kandar Kampung Melayu                                                                                Jan 24th, 2009                                by Lilian.                                                        
                                                                                Muteaudio the blogger has mentioned this nasi kandar stall many times.  My hubby normally ta-pau the nasi kandar for me as it is quite hard to finda parking lot at the place. However, I am looking for some placedifferent and decided to head there for breakfast yesterday morning.

Kampung Melayu is one of the earliest low cost flats in Penang alongwith Rifle Range and Caunterhall. If I am not mistaken, a unit onlycosts about RM5K-RM7K back then, in the early 70s. These are the onebedroom, probably 500-600 sq ft.

Nasi Kandar Kampung Melayu is therefore, not for the hygienic cityfolks. But if you like adventure, then head to this densely populatedplace with a wet market below, chicken slaughtering next door and haveyourself some nice, kickass nasi kandar. Don’t say I never warn you.

You can tell the place has good foods by the numberof people queuing and the sizes of the pots there. I was there around 9am + and there were TNB, Telekom, MPPP, PDRM folks in their uniforms.They come in droves and people either share tables or queue for anempty one.

What is special about this nasi kandar is in the mixture of thevarious curries gravy. There is no oily layer like some of the nasikandar stalls. Just nice spicy curry without overpowering spices.

Initially, I thought I won’t be able to finish the mountain of ricebut I walloped all of them because of the pleasant tastes. This nasikandar is different from most of the franchise mamak nasi kandarbecause this nasi kandar curry is cooked by an elderly woman. I thinkshe must be the chief chef, walking around supervising, adding morecurries from huge pots, bringing freshly fried chicken and etc.
The cup of kopi tarik is exceptionally good too. I just cannot tellif they have added tea or chocolate (Milo) into the coffee because ithas a mocha taste to it. I had to purposely ask the man to change mycup of coffee into this traditional cup because I wanted a moreauthentic photo.

There are lots of friendly mak ciks selling nice Malay kuihs at thewet market but I was about to explode from the mountain of rice. So, Ididn’t buy any of the kueh eventhough they look so yummy. Just likepasar ramadhan. If you visit, look out for a stall selling nasi lemuni.I love that nasi lemuni too. Awet muda, kan?
I am sure Muteaudio will head to this Nasi Kandar Kampung Melayu now that he is on leave.
Kampung Melayu Nasi Kandar
Opens: 6.30am-noon (not sure close on which day but it is open on Friday though)
Tel: 019-575 5877

Use magic Report

Post time 11-11-2009 10:39 PM | Show all posts
Penang is definately a food's heaven..

These are the meals yg I takkan miss bila mai Penang:

1. Nasi Kandar
2. Char Koey Tiau
3. Nasi Ayam Misai
4. Laksa Penang Batu Feringghi.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-11-2009 10:40 PM | Show all posts
Kat KL takde JEMPUTREE tapi ade JAMBANTREE.....kat Jalan Doraisamy......belakang JAMBAN kedai...ada mcm2 SOP PULAK......tikus pun banyak.......silap ari terjun dalam periuk SOP...
tom5190 Post at 11-11-2009 22:27

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-11-2009 10:43 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by cmf_herrhughie at 11-11-2009 22:45

satu lagi yg tak leh miss....

Use magic Report

Post time 11-11-2009 10:44 PM | Show all posts
lapar la pulak tengok makanan2 ni...

Use magic Report

Post time 11-11-2009 10:45 PM | Show all posts
nasi ayam misai dah tak sedap........kalau nak best try la nasik ayam periuk besar...ok gak...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

18-5-2024 01:20 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.076101 second(s), 45 queries .