CariDotMy

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: mypuppyiz

The Legend/Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi ~ Bae Yong Joon

[Copy link]
Post time 28-3-2008 08:42 PM | Show all posts
*thud* Love the stare. How can you not tell how much they adore each other? (awww)

AfterSujini realises that she could, after all, be the Black Phoenix (she'djust lost control over herself when confronting Kiha, where she couldalso control fire trying to kill Kiha), she decided to leave the GuhMool clan, and basically be far away from Damduk so that she wouldn'tharm him and make him kill her (as did Lord Hwanwoong to Sae Oh, whomshe reincarnated). Another fave scene of mine *sigh*

Loved the surprised expression on Damduk's face

And the fact that Sujini was shy about wearing something so completely different to her usual unrefined apparel.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-3-2008 08:45 PM | Show all posts
And since he hasn't seen her for a couple of days (when Sujini went toGuh Mool village), he is so happy. Just look at that grin.

And Sujini is still so mellow, unable to say much. (huk huk)

Damduk realises that something is wrong. "It's funny when you don't say anything."

Use magic Report

Post time 28-3-2008 09:05 PM | Show all posts
Aaaaaaaaaaw. And she is holding on to him like dear life, knowing that it will be their last encounter.

*thud*

I adored this "Noona,you can't grab a king from behind." Damduk would not letanyone else, and I mean ANYONE, hug him and touch him like that. OnlySujini *sigh*

Use magic Report

Post time 28-3-2008 09:06 PM | Show all posts

And she decides to return the vial to him *weep*

Use magic Report

Post time 28-3-2008 09:10 PM | Show all posts
Then confesses that the reason she wore the kimono (?) was because she wanted him to remember her as someone pretty. *kyaaaaa*

Damduk just looks at her earnestly.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-3-2008 09:13 PM | Show all posts
>>>>tgk caps ni pun rasa sedih

He definitely senses something is wrong but can't understand what.

*thud* Again, Damduk, you kill me with those words. So. Much. Love.

Sujini is torn in bittersweet emotions

Ididn't make caps, but Damduk was holding on to Sujini's hands, untilSujini had to tell him twice to let her go. And he keeps staring at herin that blissfully intense way.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 28-3-2008 09:15 PM | Show all posts

And she says her parting words *tear*

Use magic Report

Post time 28-3-2008 09:20 PM | Show all posts
Later on that night, Hyun Ko tells Damduk that Sujini has left.Far away. And it may be a very long time that they see her again.That she may not come back. Damduk got MAD. Like, seriously emotional.

Herushes to the Guh Mool village, and demanded to know where she went.When told by the Guh Mool elders that they didn't know either, he gotsuper angry. Look how taken aback the Guh Mool elder got LOVE. He isshowing a weak, very humane side of him.

AndChuh Roh, who got badly wounded thanks to Kiha (when he was helpingSujini confront Kiha at the Temple of Oracle) and was cared for at theGuh Mool village, witnesses this. And damn he looked pretty hot there >>>agree2....oh Cheoro

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-3-2008 01:26 AM | Show all posts
waaahhhhh sukanya...... dah la demam taewang ni tak kebah2 lagi.... heheh

Use magic Report

Post time 29-3-2008 05:41 PM | Show all posts
sbb suka le terajin menepek ni

>>>>continue

He offers to look for Sujini. And bring her back to Damduk

Listeningto Damduk ask "Can I also assume that you are also mine?" - Chuh Rohjust smiled. "How could the Jooshin ask that of me?" ^^ OF COURSE,Damduk dear!!

ChuhRoh finds Sujini eventually (loved how he was patiently waiting for herby the bridge, near the gambling areas, etc.) but returns to Damduk asper Sujini's request.

And Damduk is in pain *sigh*

I really liked how the General (next to Chuh Roh) instinctively knew that Damduk needed time alone to get his emotions together.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-3-2008 05:43 PM | Show all posts
2 years later. Damduk comes across the village at which Sujini wasstaying. Sujini watches as Chuh Roh and Damduk shared drinks together.As a side note, I thought it was rather 'err' for guys to be sharingdrinks from the same jar. But I am totally ignoring it.Chuh Roh was accompanying Damduk because he remembered Sujini tellinghim that Damduk is often lonely, so keep him company and drink togetherwith him Aaaaaw. I love that Chuh Roh is so loyal to Sujini.

That expression. Breaks my heart. Lee Ji Ah is so amazingly different with short and long hair. Still so beautiful either way.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-3-2008 05:45 PM | Show all posts
And in the 23rd episode (second last ep), Damduk finally found a leadto Sujini. He overheard an ex-Goguryeo citizen (now living in adifferent town) say that he met Sujini along the way. And Damduk + ChuhRoh immediately rush to the place that was referred to. Love the shotof the horses.

Butthey got there too late. Sujini had already left! Chuh Roh encouragesDamduk to search for Sujini as she must still be close by. Thus Damdukrides all the way by himself.

Andhe finds her! *SQUEEEEEEEEEEE* Before hastily approaching her, he seesthat there is a child. He looks long at the child before goingto Sujini.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-3-2008 05:48 PM | Show all posts
Sujini is not very suprised at being found. She only has a sad look onher face. Perhaps in the one hand glad to be found by Damduk, but onthe other hand terrified of the possibility of hurting him.

Damduk tries to make things as normal as possible. Heh. As if

Andall the whle Sujini is just quietly watching him. Knowing that thingscannot be. Desperate to try and get away for the sake of protecting him.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-3-2008 05:52 PM | Show all posts
"I will never let you go again" ***faints***

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! He is freely confessing his feelings to her. FINALLY ^^

Use magic Report

Post time 29-3-2008 05:54 PM | Show all posts
***dies***  >>>kata2 hikmat tu....di mana kau berada itulah istanaku.....rasanya line yg paling hebat dalm ni

He decides to leave. But no! He stops in his tracks...

...and quickly returns. He had to convince her to stay. And he embraces her...

Use magic Report

Post time 29-3-2008 05:56 PM | Show all posts
...and tells her that he will be her shield. GOD I LOVE THIS.

So touching. They both drown in the moment.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-3-2008 04:30 PM | Show all posts
Great review frm dangermousie@ LJC

The Legend: an unspoilery, fangirly, super-pushy post

[size=+1]

What is The Legend? The Legend(also known as The Story of the First King's Four Gods, Tae Wang SaShin Gi , and 태왕사신기), is a 2007, 24-episode Korean fantasy/epic/period'drama' (i.e. something akin to a miniseries, or a TV show with a limited, predetermined number of episodes).

The main character of the story, Dam Deok (I have also seen it spelled DamDuk and various other ways, the perils of transliteration) is loosely, loosely, very very loosely based on a real fourth-century King, but the story is a fantasy-adventure-romance in the tradition of  Lord of the Rings or KingArthur, rather than a historical narrative.

What is the plot?It's a little hard to encapsulate, because unlike with a typicalromcom, where you can summarize it as 'A loves B but B loves C, what is A to do?' the plot of The Legend is rather complicated. It involvesprophesies, promised Kings, wars and politics and love and magic.

2000 years before the story started, a god came down to earth to create a prosperous and large land of 'Jooshin.' It didn't really work out, the land fractured, and the god left, leaving behind four sacred symbols which have supernatural properties, and which can only be activated by'the Jooshin King,' a prophesied individual who will be able to control them and reunite Jooshin. Fast-forward to the 'present' and the contentious, poisonous court of a small nation of Gogureyo. Our maincharacter, Dam Deok, is (or maybe not) the prophesied Jooshin King. Heis, however, also a neglected prince of the nation, whose father is aweak ruler who tries to protect his son from the powerful Yon family(who married the King's sister and who believe their own son. Ho Gae, a talented and warlike individual, is the true Jooshin King) by asking him to pretend to be stupid and weak.

Will Dam Deok ever realize who he is? Will he reunite Jooshin? Find the symbols and their guardians? Fight off the Hwachun, a supernatural tribe that also eagerly awaits the return of the Jooshin King, but for its own,nepharious purposes? Will he find friendship and love and heartbreak?Yes, of course. And what about the supposed guardians of the foursymbols, especially two women who do not know they are sisters (Kiha,kidnapped by the Hwachun and brought up to be a fire priestess, and Sujini, a tomboy, hard-drinking archer), and either one of whom not only possesses the power over the most dangerous symbol of all, but can also end the world with her power?

OK, this was a sucky summary but it's really hard to summarize.

So,a very short summary is thus: Battles! Court intrigue! Gorgeous men andwomen! Friendship and villains and love and amazing costumes! A reallytight plot! Very complex characters!

[ Last edited by  tsukushi at 30-3-2008 04:32 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 30-3-2008 04:35 PM | Show all posts
So, here comes the next question. Why should you watch?
>>>>Haha sbb utama...my ultimate hero is here

1.To start with the most shallow reason of all: PRETTY PEOPLE!!!!Seriously, this drama is awash in gorgeousness of either gender. You like your girls pixi-ish and tomboyish? Or maybe womanly? Is your idea of sexiness a conflicted, complicated warrior with long hair and perfect features? Or a tormented, ambiguous intense hottie? Or maybe an aloof warlord with cheekbones better than mine? How about an anime-looking masked assassin? Come right in, folks. Come right in.

Exhibit 1, Dam Deok:

Exhibit 2, Sujini:

Exhibit 3, Kiha

Exhibit 4, Ho Gae

Exhibit 5, Chuh Ro

Exhibit 6, Sa Ryang

[ Last edited by  tsukushi at 30-3-2008 04:40 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 30-3-2008 04:37 PM | Show all posts
2. Gorgeous production values

This is, apparently, the most expensive Korean drama ever made. And it shows. Korean dramas, in general, have great production values, but this goes far above and beyond what you normally see in a drama. The costumes, the armor, the sets (from villages to elaborate carved furniture), the massed armies and the CGI monsters. This is gorgeous enough to be shown in movie theaters.

Medieval Polo Game:

Temple fields:

Battle:

[ Last edited by  tsukushi at 30-3-2008 04:38 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 30-3-2008 04:42 PM | Show all posts
3. A tight, complicated, complex story

If I didn't know otherwise, I'd assume The Legend was based on an acclaimed fantasy novel or trilogy: the plot is not only water-tight, it is complex.It encompasses world-building, character growth and development, a strong narrative drive (the quest for who will become a Jooshin King,and what ultimately the Jooshin King's role is), and balances them all perfectly. It can move the plot in a quiet, character-driven scene of Dam Deok confessing his weaknesses, and have character and relationship development in the middle of a vast battlefield scene.

And it has such interesting things to say about nature of free will, and responsibility, and even fate and love. But it's not stuffy: it never loses its sense of humor, or the delight in even the most grim situations. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me yell at the screen. It was the most perfectly written drama I've ever seen.

I can't really post pics for this subcategory, so here is a pic of the temple:

[ Last edited by  tsukushi at 30-3-2008 04:43 PM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

19-10-2024 04:26 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.048195 second(s), 27 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.