Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 8733|Reply: 45

Why People Behave Badly?

[Copy link]
Post time 18-10-2008 01:29 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
From recent news bulletins I can't help pondering on this question.

- Student kicked science teacher .............over use of inappropriate word in project paper. Wonder also how the discussion
was conducted. The fact that it was photographed by someone else seems to me it was done in public.

- Teacher hope that there would be no repeats as it would reflect on the education system. Hmm, I thought there had always been
behavorial problems/issues amongst students.............it is up to the school to handle it in the best way.

- Hubby jailed for killing wife over Facebook row. Hmm......have noticed that the cyberspace has opened up  communication
network between people. Some group of people use it to even flirt around much to the annoyance of their own partners.........

- Hubris, greed and global economic meltdown, get rich program..................ah, is there a shortcut to success?

.....and many more.

What is bad behaviour and how and why does it occur? What can we do about it?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-10-2008 04:04 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 hamizao's post

kalau dalam ISLAM biasanyer berkait rapat ngan pemakanan.. kalau kite makan dr sumber yg halal dan baik maka insyallah kite kan jd baik and begitulah sebaliknyer...  skrg banyak makanna pun dah bole di ragui status dan ke'originality'nyer.. sbb byk sgt bahan2 sedaktif  yg tak sepatutnyer ade...   just my 2 cents...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 18-10-2008 11:41 PM | Show all posts
bahan2 sedaktif?

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2008 10:10 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 18-10-2008 01:29 PM
From recent news bulletins I can't help pondering on this question.

- Student kicked science teacher .............over use of inappropriate word in project paper. Wonder also how the discussio ...

anything goes against 'the tradition' will be considered as bad

it happened as the 'culmination' of ideas, powers struggle in any system , us versus them, rise against status quo

either the baddies integrate, assimilate with the main force or it will cease to exist i.e. perish

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-10-2008 05:46 PM | Show all posts

By pink-lavender:
kalau dalam ISLAM biasanyer berkait rapat ngan pemakanan....

Thanks, pink. You probably hit a real nerve here. My real perception with regard to this  may be
sumised as followes - you are what you eat-. If I may add- how food is prepared and how you eat it-. However the relationship
as  I understand it is as far as a person's health. There are various concepts for that matter but except for Western biochemical  ideas the Chinese, Ayurvedic, Hippocratic, Galenic, Arab and  Hebraic concept have something in common ....a  bigger emphasis on the digestive system.

How, it induces bad behaviour, I hope someone can provide some enlightenment.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2008 06:45 PM | Show all posts
punca rezeki pun memainkan peranan selain drp pemakanan ...

kalo punca darah daging anak2 dr sumber yg tak halal, cemana nak dpt darah daging yg baik....
bila cakap camni kann, i selalu pikir kenapa org kafir yg lagi "decent" hidup dia drp org2 islam...contohnya negara kafir kurang corupt drp negara islam ...

sapa nak jawab?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 20-10-2008 10:56 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ajinomotonosuga at 19-10-2008 10:10 AM

anything goes against 'the tradition' will be considered as bad

it happened as the 'culmination' of ideas, powers struggle in any system , us versus them, rise against status quo

ei ...

In a way...yes and as human values change, what is good or bad may also change.
I also think bad behaviour arise from bad attitude/perception......as a result of ignorance.
They are ignorant when it comes to dealing with pressure or stress, for example.

In another situation, people may take certain rituals seriosly(as in religious rituals, for example) in order to focus, mind and body,  towards
certain pursuits or goals.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-10-2008 03:40 AM | Show all posts
everything good begin from home.if parent raise their children with good manners they turn to be good and vice versa.then the rest is up to the individual attitude anf others inhluences.
p/s:correct me if i m wrong..tq

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 22-10-2008 11:17 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by queenlatifa at 21-10-2008 03:40 AM
everything good begin from home.if parent raise their children with good manners they turn to be good and vice versa.then the rest is up to the individual attitude anf others inhluences.
p/s:cor ...

Generally true but parent with no sense of bringing up children may end up  teaching negative values too.  How do negative values get implanted in children at home?

My first thought goes to parents who were abused as children. In return they abuse their children and the vicious circle goes on and on. Abused people may react in a defensive  or violent manner and they may also feel strength or satisfaction by abusing others. Sometimes they are of the concept that it is the right way to behave ...............orng kata bapa borek anak rinti.......................kuah nak tumpah ke mana? So if father is a wife beater, the son may also grow up to be one......

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-10-2008 11:22 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Atomic_Omnikid at 18-10-2008 11:41 PM
bahan2 sedaktif?

How so? Perhaps it would to weak disciplined people. So why are they weak in the first place? In modern times choice is in the hands of the individual is it not?

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2008 04:54 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 22-10-2008 11:17 PM

Generally true but parent with no sense of bringing up children may end up  teaching negative values too.  How do negative values get implanted in children at home?

My first thought goes  ...

i totally agreed with you but then it is up to a person to change their attitude.they won't treat their children badly if they don't want their children to suffer the same.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2008 10:02 PM | Show all posts
well Hami , if u 'd go by psychoanalytic theory proposed by Freud, it is basically the failure of the SUPEREGO to supress the ID-the part of 'us' that highly craves to satisfy the nafs.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-10-2008 02:00 PM | Show all posts

Reply #11 queenlatifa's post

Yes, they have to change if they know that. See, they themselves may be the victims who need help to see the big picture AND CHANGE.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-10-2008 02:39 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mbhcsf at 23-10-2008 10:02 PM
well Hami , if u 'd go by psychoanalytic theory proposed by Freud, it is basically the failure of the SUPEREGO to supress the ID-the part of 'us' that highly craves to satisfy the nafs.

An interesting suggestion, mbh. Reminiscent of the sufi guru too in the sense that many people do grow into adulthood and oldage without departing from  the initial stage of egotism, maqam an-nafs. Such people never stop demanding their own way....to the endless satisfactions of the body. There is failure to exercise proper control over the functions of the nafs or appetites of the body. How does one escape this maqam? ..................by developing willpower, responsibility, consideration, compassion and courtesy, amongst other traits.

Quite a parallel, don't you think so?

Use magic Report

Post time 25-10-2008 04:28 PM | Show all posts

well Hami

Originally posted by hamizao at 25-10-2008 02:39 PM

An interesting suggestion, mbh. Reminiscent of the sufi guru too in the sense that many people do grow into adulthood and oldage without departing from  the initial stage of egotism, maqam an-n ...

quite so  or actually, Precisely so...

Use magic Report

Post time 27-10-2008 01:47 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 hamizao's post

i think the case here is we were not taught about the basic ethos.
well, maybe we were taught but many of us discard that ethos for something else.

- workers might discard their loyalty for precious information.
- student might retaliate against the teachers to save face.
- students might cheat to save face (again!).
- bosses might bribe the authority to get easy deal.

all of these people know that what they did is not right, but they do it anyway. why?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-11-2008 02:12 AM | Show all posts

Reply #17 aizverus's post

anak-parent-makanan-parent cari duit-perkerjaan-duit dari mana-sumber ekonomi camana-dasar ekonomi macamana-dasar kerajaan macamana-pemimpin bagaimana-dunia bagaimana...

Benar juga....it is a vicious cycle. Biasanya parents yang teliti tentang sumber2 rezeki mereka akan teliti juga tentang segala apa
yang dibuatnya. Generally anak2 merekapun akan mendapat pengajaran/teladan  moral yang baik . Akan tetapi  teladan yang tidak baik boleh juga dipelajari dari kekawan, media dll. Kalau tidak di cantas mereka akan membesar dengan tabii2 yang kurang baik.

it start with our self..

I kind of like this.......no blame game .........just yourself. May I quote the following from the tomb of Hermes Trismegistus,

"As within, so without;
As above, so below"

This was said to be the secret of the ages. This truth had actually been proclaimed by many an illuminated seers.
We injure ourselves by entertaining negative thoughts that find their way into the subconscious. So it may be seen as a mind
thing......................which only you are master of.

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 2-11-2008 02:33 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-11-2008 12:27 AM | Show all posts

Reply #19 aizverus's post

dimana2...semua nya berlagak saint...cakap..pong pang pong pang..islamik dan educated...
tapi..pengisina dan application..ilek...tak de

Heheheh......................ramai yang dok lagu ni! Kalau dah pandai cakap..................applylah kan? Walk the talk!
So...apa masaalah dema ni?

Use magic Report

Post time 9-11-2008 12:02 PM | Show all posts
nates

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-11-2008 10:08 PM | Show all posts

Reply #21 aizverus's post

Apa yang dah kena tu???

Ppl yang ada behavioural problem ni sah dari suatu sudut seperti perlukan acknowledgement............Oleh itu dia perlu buktikan kepada diri sendiri betapa gagahnya dia ..for example. Jadi dalam perlaksanaannya dia cari mangsa yang lemah....seperti kanak2 yang senang untuk diperlakukan apa juga keatas mereka. Then the guy feel how  powerful/strong he can be! Kalau suami, dia boleh perlakukan keatas isteri seperti menyakitkan dirinya dalam cara fizikal dan mental. Biasanya orang macam i lemah  atau punya sesuatu kekurangan pada diri dia. Jadi dia perlu tunjukkan pada diri dia sendiri kerana harga diri dia sendiri.

Setujutak?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

30-5-2024 06:26 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.079010 second(s), 52 queries .