12Next
Return to list New
View: 6814|Reply: 31

Hidangan terbaik kat restoran Mamak

[Copy link]
Post time 6-3-2014 01:05 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
By Caitlyn Ng
Teh tarik satu, kurang manis!
If you were to visit many of the housing estates, what’s the one common factor that you would be most likely to find (apart from the houses, yes thank you, Captain Obvious)? That’s right, a mamak, also known as the eatery which most (if not all) Malaysians would have visited at least once in their lives. When the locals are asked the million dollar question of “Go where to eat ah?” what’s the first place that would pop into their minds? I wouldn’t be surprised if the mamak was on the list, so easily accessible they are and with cheaper price tags than most other eateries.
So delicious and wide are the varieties of food found in a mamak that there have been multiple efforts to replicate that in other countries as well, just to allow the Malaysian flavours to be introduced to the rest of the world. An example would be the aptly named “Mamak” that’s located in Sydney, Australia. It serves up almost the same type of food as the ones in Malaysia do, except that the menu is much smaller and it may have toned down on the spiciness of dishes to match the western palate.
Back here on home soil, there really is no such thing as having too little on the menu to choose from, one is literally spoilt for choice. You can even place custom orders on certain foodstuff (to an extent of course) to create your own tantalising dish. This SaveMoney.my writer personally prefers the fantastic taste of a combined roti: roti telur and roti keju! The succulent taste of eggs and cheese in the feather-light folded dough is enough to put a huge grin, à la the Cheshire Cat, on her face!
Top Mamak food and drinks
We are now ready to get to the most favoured dishes and drinks of all time, courtesy of tabulating the results from a small survey conducted.
Food
1) Maggie Mee / Indomie goreng (with or without the telur mata) – RM4.00 to RM5.00

Now, I know what the “mamak nazis” are thinking, “That’s not possible! Maggie mee and Indomie are two completely different noodles!” I am very aware of that fact, but because they seem to have tied with each other for the number one spot, and because they are so similar, I decided to put them together. The name essentially explains itself: wok-tossed noodles using either Maggie mee or Indomie with vegetables and pieces of chicken. Some people prefer to have an extra sunny side-up egg too. Price ranges from RM4.00 to RM5.00.
2) Roti and its variations – RM1.00 to RM5.00

“Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside” is how many people would describe this delectably ubiquitous food. With the person in charge of making the roti canai in full view of the eatery’s customers, many would be admiring his skills in flinging the dough multiple times and deftly folding it till it reaches its final form. It’s so versatile that it can be eaten for either breakfast, lunch or dinner (or all three if you fancy!) and some even choose to add other ingredients into it to further enhance its flavours. Price ranges from RM1.00 to RM1.20 for a plain roti and anything from RM2.00 to RM5.00 for the roti that come with extra fillings, such as eggs, cheese, onions or meats.
3) Nasi kandar – from RM8.00

This meal has an interesting background, having originated from North Malaysia. It is said that this dish got its name from the way it was sold back in the olden times, where the hawkers would be balancing a long yoke (the Malay word for that is “kandar”) on their shoulders with the baskets of rice and dishes hanging on either side. To this day, people who order this immensely satisfying dish will choose their accompaniments from a wide selection and then generously pour various curries on the rice (an act called “banjir”) to give the entire meal a decidedly flavourful taste. Expect to pay upwards from RM8.00 for a plate.
4) Nasi lemak – RM1.00 or RM4.00 onwards

I don’t think I need to explain further about this dish. It’s so “Malaysian”, with all the ingredients coming together in a masterful blend to win over the hearts of anyone who is trying it for the first time. White fluffy rice cooked in santan (coconut milk), fried anchovies, peanuts, hard boiled egg, cucumbers and (the best part, in my humble opinion) sambal belacan. Some even add curried chicken, beef or mutton and everything is wrapped securely in banana leaves. Enough said for this masterpiece. Prices are about RM1.00 for the absolute basic ones (usually called “bungkus”) but for the ones that are served in a plate, they usually cost RM4.00 onwards.
Drinks
1) Teh ais/Teh o ais – RM1.30 to RM2.50

This drink won hands-down in the survey; it seems like Malaysians love their drinks to be sweet and cold. Well, I wouldn’t blame them if the tropical weather is taken into consideration. The first one is an iced milk tea whereas the second one is just tea with some sugar and ice-cubes in it. Pretty self-explanatory, except sometimes you will find people ordering for a lime or two to be dropped into the latter, to give it more of a zest. People pay anywhere between RM1.30 to RM2.50 for a glass.
2) Milo ais/panas – from RM2.30

Another drink that’s cold and just as sweet, if not sweeter, the name is also self-explanatory. Stir up a glass of Milo and condensed milk, put in ice-cubes and voila! A deliciously cooling drink that takes you back in time to when you were a kid and you drank a cup of it before bed (I still do that every now and then). It’s not hard to see why this drink made the list, especially so when certain mamaks include a generous heap of Milo powder on top of the drink! Expect the price to be from RM2.30 above.
3) Teh tarik (with or without the high levels of sugar) – from RM1.50

I actually have vague recollections of my father taking after his father in sharing his morning cup of teh tarik with me when I was still a toddler. If he was successful in peeling me away from the television, that is. Back when the world was a much simpler place, the teh tarik came in a chipped porcelain cup with an equally chipped porcelain saucer. Since I was still young, he would pour some of his teh tarik into the saucer, blow on it a couple of times and hand it to me so I can eagerly sip it. I won’t be the only one whose father has done this, for this sweet drink is so famous, not a day goes by without at least one cup being ordered! Called “pulled tea” by the Westerners, it derives its name from the way the man “stretches” the tea to achieve a frothy topping. Price of RM1.50 above.
And there you have it, all my fellow mamak fans, the list of the top food and drinks ordered! I’m sure there are other firm favourites out there which SaveMoney.my did not cover. So let me know, is yours on the list? Or do you have any to recommend to the rest of the readers?

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com ... p-mamak-delicacies/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-3-2014 01:09 PM | Show all posts
kesimpulannya kedai mamak ni memang mahai
tapi syok pi lepak dan makan sebab masakan dia sodap
cara layan kanak kanak pun terer...
usap kepala budak, service cepat
kalau pegi bukak puasa, tak yah gi tunggu lama lama, kejab je dah sampai

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2014 01:10 PM | Show all posts
Ni mamak mana pulak yang buka benang ni .. Penang mari ka macha!

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2014 01:20 PM | Show all posts
Setakat nak mengeteh dengan member boleh lah gie mamak,

jika nak makan berat2 aku sanggup cari kedai melayu,

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2014 01:23 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Artikel di atas ditaja oleh KIMMATLU....

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2014 01:26 PM | Show all posts
- boleh lepak lama2 walaupun order air jer tanpa tuan kedai ushar pelik
- boleh panggil waiter banyak2 kali tanpa waiter tersebut tunjuk muka tak puas ati
- belum sempat duduk dah datang tanya order tanpa perlu jenguk2 cari waiter yang tengah tukar2 channel astro kat tv
- boleh suruh dia sebut setiap benda yang ada dalam menu ulang2 sampai dapat idea nak order apa

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 6-3-2014 01:30 PM | Show all posts
klu rs nk cpt mkn kt restoran, mamak is the best place lah

klu rstoran melayu ni, hegeh2
servis pun out

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2014 01:33 PM | Show all posts
mohdcrow posted on 6-3-2014 01:26 PM
- boleh lepak lama2 walaupun order air jer tanpa tuan kedai ushar pelik
- boleh panggil waiter bany ...

selalu aku lepak kat kedai mamak. ade sorang kawan aku ni bajet gangster gi buli waiter kedai mamak tu. dia mintak air, pastu suruh waiter tu pegi. dah siap order air, dia panggil balik waiter tu order makanan.  dah sampai makanan, dia panggil waiter tu balik kata masin sangat ngan semua tak sedap. tapi dia tak buat apa2. sajer niat nak buli waiter tu. pastu dia cakap lagi, kalau orang panggil tu datang la cepat. HAHAHAH

yg kelakar nyer mamak tu senyummmmm jer. pastu cakap dalam bahasa dia sendiri sambil tangan menulis atas bil. mungkin mencarut. tapi aku semua tak kisah pun. sebab dah puas sangat buli.

aku tak reka ni. memang betul terjadi dulu. tapi harga2 dia memang cam taik. nasik goreng USA boleh sampai rm 7.30. teh tarik 3.50. aku pergi kedai lain baru rm 6.50. 2.50. bila pikir2 balik, padan muka pon ade kena buli

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-3-2014 01:36 PM | Show all posts
hak hak hak.. KIMMATLU..

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2014 01:37 PM | Show all posts
supernaturalee posted on 6-3-2014 01:30 PM
klu rs nk cpt mkn kt restoran, mamak is the best place lah

klu rstoran melayu ni, hegeh2

bukan aku nak cakap apa, tapi kadang2 restoran melayu memang camtu. kadang2 kita baru sampai, waiter dah nampak yg kita baru sampai. bukan dia nak amik order, selamber dia jer wat muka tembok macam xde apa2 berlaku. padahal duduk dekat jer. bila dah panggil, baru nak datang. selagi tak panggil, mati kelaparan pun takkan datang. pastu panggil 3-4 kali, mula la buat muka taik. cilakakkkk

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2014 01:45 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Pailang posted on 6-3-2014 01:33 PM
selalu aku lepak kat kedai mamak. ade sorang kawan aku ni bajet gangster gi buli waiter kedai mama ...

waiter kdai mamak ni ori india mari...x fhm spth hrm ckp mlayu ko carut pjn dia tetap menyengih....tp sanggup ka mkn bks tgn hndu lps dia melepas kt tndas kompom x cebuk pnya....eeeuww

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2014 01:51 PM | Show all posts
Pailang posted on 6-3-2014 05:37 AM
bukan aku nak cakap apa, tapi kadang2 restoran melayu memang camtu. kadang2 kita baru sampai, wait ...

lu ada bukak buku 555 kut kat kedai tu tak settle lagi tahun lepas punyer...

mau sebis kasi settle la...

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2014 02:02 PM | Show all posts
mamak +kebersihan.. ok

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2014 02:04 PM | Show all posts
kat bod gosip ada thread chef wan ngumpat mamak kan

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2014 02:05 PM | Show all posts
lavacall posted on 6-3-2014 01:51 PM
lu ada bukak buku 555 kut kat kedai tu tak settle lagi tahun lepas punyer...

mau sebis kasi set ...

hahahah!!! ini bukan warung kampung brooo!! ini restoran bandar punya brooo!! mana boleh utang2 bro!!!!! lu da ting tong ar bro!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2014 02:13 PM | Show all posts
Pailang posted on 6-3-2014 06:05 AM
hahahah!!! ini bukan warung kampung brooo!! ini restoran bandar punya brooo!! mana boleh utang2 br ...

warong kampong punyer 555 lu dah settle abis belum...??

tarak molek la makan utang2 ni...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-3-2014 02:29 PM | Show all posts
Ni mesti ada kena mengena ngan statement Chef Wan pasal restorant mamak

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2014 02:40 PM | Show all posts
Pailang posted on 6-3-2014 01:37 PM
bukan aku nak cakap apa, tapi kadang2 restoran melayu memang camtu. kadang2 kita baru sampai, wait ...

kalau bos ada kat situ....belum duduk dah tolong htr menu.

peduli apa aku customer ada atau takda....setiap bulan gaji masuk..

sebab tu kalau nak meniaga kedai makanan....bos/owner kena ada sepanjang masa . macam ada sorang mamak yang kaya meniaga tu

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2014 02:43 PM | Show all posts

KIMMA

Use magic Report

Post time 6-3-2014 02:48 PM | Show all posts
antara kedai minang ngan kedai melayu..mana lagi bagus service?

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-9-2024 07:23 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057025 second(s), 34 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.