CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 162|Reply: 0

Colts Darius Leonard says he thinks abou

[Copy link]
Post time 2-6-2023 01:49 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
defender is one of the best linebackers in the NFL. The second-round pick out of South Carolina State made an immediate impact in his first season, winning NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, and has been named an All-Pro in three out of four seasons played. The 26-year-old is a legitimate star, and he uses another NFL star as his motivation to get better.When Leonard is training in  Khris Middleton Jersey the offseason, there's one player he has on his mind: rival running back ."In the offseason, I think about him," Leonard told . "When I am working out, (I think): 'What drills am I going to do to make be better to face Derrick Henry, one of the best backs in the league?' I always joke and say he is like a defensive end playing running back. He is a workhorse, and Chris Copeland Jersey  you can see it in the offseason, and you can see it in the fourth quarter. When things get tough, he is breaking a run for 70 yards, and that just goes to show you what type of player he is. It is amazing competing against Derrick."         Pick Six Newsletter   Crafted By The Best NFL Experts   Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings.     I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies.  By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's .                 Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe.       Thanks for signing up!   Keep an eye on your inbox.     Sorry!   There was an error proce sing your subscription.     Henry is an imposing ball-carrier at 6-foot-3, 247 pounds Michael Beasley Jersey , but he's also a speedster who can outrun you once he gets to that second level. In 2021, Henry became the eighth player in NFL history to rush for over 2,000 yards in a single season. This past year, Henry rushed for 937 yards and 10 touchdowns in just eight games played before a foot injury suffered on Halloween against the Colts knocked him out for the remainder of the regular season. He was on track to record 1,991 rushing yards and 21 touchdowns. Spencer Hawes Jersey   Leonard and the Colts are forced to play Henry twice a year as AFC South rivals, and they actually have been able to limit Henry more than the and have. In 12 career games played vs. the Colts, Henry is averaging 87.1 rushing yards per game and 0.5 rushing touchdowns per game. To put that into perspective, Henry averages 103.9 rushing yards per game against the Jaguars, and 103.5  Mirza Teletovic Jersey rushing yards per game against the Texans.Darius Leonard vs. Derrick Henry is a legitimate rivalry. Two elite competitors who are forced to face off twice a year.  "That is cool, for him to think that way about me," Henry said. "I definitely respect his game, and the type of player he is. You always have to account for him a lot. We play Indy a few times a year. The type of player he is, he is always around the ball, trying to get the ball out. He intercepts the ball, and he makes a bunch of tackles. He is a force to be reckoned with, one of the best defensive players in the league."

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-4-2024 05:58 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.058957 second(s), 27 queries .