CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1913|Reply: 6

Dyspnea @ coughing

[Copy link]
Post time 9-4-2008 03:48 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
guys pernah dgr psl ni, i think not very familiar coz ramai yg tak aware about ths symptons...but maybe u have this problem.

Dyspnea

Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is the unpleasant sensation of difficulty in breathing.
An increase in the rate and depth of breathing occurs normally during exercise and at high altitudes, but the increase seldom causes discomfort. Breathing is also increased at rest in people with many illnesses, whether of the lungs or of other parts of the body. For example, people with a fever generally breathe faster.

With dyspnea, faster breathing is accompanied by the sensation of running out of air. The person feels a sensation of not being able to breathe fast enough or deeply enough. Other sensations include an awareness of increased muscular effort to expand the chest when breathing in or to expel air when breathing out, the uncomfortable sensation that inhaling (inspiration) is urgently needed before exhaling (expiration) is completed, and various sensations often described as tightness in the chest.

[ Last edited by  monterez at 9-4-2008 03:49 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-4-2008 04:53 PM | Show all posts
hye monterez...

lama x nampak...

Use magic Report

Post time 9-4-2008 08:57 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 monterez's post

From your description, it sounds like asthma, no?

I've encountered such episodes.  A couple of weeks ago I had costo chronditis - caused by long period of coughing.  The pain is similar as you described with the addition of deep chest pain.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-4-2008 01:18 PM | Show all posts
hai azza, yep lama i tak masuk forum...
btw i cant recall ur nick..u mmg sll lpk sini ke?

Originally posted by azz_azza at 9-4-2008 04:53 PM
hye monterez...

lama x nampak...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-4-2008 01:24 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by AnitaSabrina at 9-4-2008 08:57 PM
From your description, it sounds like asthma, no?

I've encountered such episodes.  A couple of weeks ago I had costo chronditis - caused by long period of coughing.  The pain is similar as you ...

Among the most common symptoms of lung disorders are cough, shortness of breath (dyspnea), and wheezing.
when u have asthma it is not necessarily u have lung problem.asthma is common in our life, many of us have it since we are small kan? but astma if u tak bagi rawatan blh rosakkan ur lung. thats y if u wheezing dgn teruk then gi jumpa doc.

Coughing, a familiar but complicated reflex, is one way in which the lungs and airways are protected. Along with other mechanisms, coughing helps to protect the lungs from particles that have been inhaled. Coughing sometimes brings up sputum (also called phlegm)梐 mixture of mucus, debris, and cells expelled by the lungs.

How long has the cough been present?

At what time of day does the cough occur?

What factors梥uch as cold air, body position, talking, eating, or drinking梚nfluence the cough?

Is the cough accompanied by chest pain, shortness of breath, hoarseness, dizziness, or wheezing?

Does the cough bring up sputum or blood?

Are there symptoms of another disorder that could cause a cough (for example, gastroesophageal reflux or postnasal drip)?

Could a drug be causing the cough?

What color is the sputum?

Use magic Report

Post time 12-4-2008 11:25 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by monterez at 12-4-2008 01:18 PM
hai azza, yep lama i tak masuk forum...
btw i cant recall ur nick..u mmg sll lpk sini ke?

aah, pes time lepak mmg kt medikal ni la... then atm n atw...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 13-4-2008 12:18 AM | Show all posts

Reply #5 monterez's post

Are you expecting an answer?  Okay here goes.....

How long has the cough been present?  
> 1 month

At what time of day does the cough occur?
All day long including during sleeping

What factors梥uch as cold air, body position, talking, eating, or drinking梚nfluence the cough?
Bad cold / flu?

Is the cough accompanied by chest pain, shortness of breath, hoarseness, dizziness, or wheezing?
Yes to all

Does the cough bring up sputum or blood?
Sputum - yes
Blood - no

Are there symptoms of another disorder that could cause a cough (for example, gastroesophageal reflux or postnasal drip)?
Nope

Could a drug be causing the cough?
Huh?  Don't think so.

What color is the sputum?
Yellow

Btw, I had all the tests done - ECG, x-ray, blood work etc etc.  Its not cardiac problem.  So by elimination - its costo chronditis.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Category: Kesihatan

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

16-5-2024 03:03 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.073865 second(s), 33 queries .