123Next
Return to list New
View: 5598|Reply: 41

Ultimate fate of the universe

[Copy link]
Kittentheslayer This user has been deleted
Post time 21-7-2007 03:52 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
What is the ultimate fate of the universe? Here are some theories

1. Big Freeze or Heat Death -    Big Freeze is when the universe is too cold to sustain life. The universe will expands forever and the absence of dark energy.  Heat Death , universe reach an eventual temperature minimum.

2. Big Rip: Finite Lifespan - ripped apart by the phantom energy force and shooting apart from each other

3. Big Crunch - universe collapse into a dimensionless singularity

4. Big Bounce - universe collapses it will spawn another universe in an event similar to the Big Bang after a universal singularity is reached or a repusive quantume force causes re-expansion

Pale Blue Dot.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-7-2007 11:51 AM | Show all posts
nobody knows without knowing the critical density

1. Big Freeze or Heat Death -    Big Freeze is when the universe is too cold to sustain life. The universe will expands forever and the absence of dark energy.  Heat Death , universe reach an eventual temperature minimum.

the bold sentence seems contradict. universe expands forever with the absence of dark energy? dark energy is the universe expansion's driver

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2007 04:36 PM | Show all posts
lets discuss one by one...

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2007 09:25 PM | Show all posts
dalam universe ada dark matter. bila universe expanse kaw2, distribution of dark matter akan lagi kecik in term of density, mcm 1 kilogram gas dalam balang 1 liter dengan balang 2 liter. so ikut  thermodynamics first law, bila expand gas tu, energy dia akan kurang. energy yg ada cuma kinetik a.k.a heat, so bila expand, heat akan kurang. expand, expand, expand lama2 sejuk sampai zero kelvin, universe tak boleh sustain life.

dia cakap dark matter maybe sebab nak senang cerita, sebab ikut observation, dark matter paling banyak dalam universe. nanti kalau dia kata galaksi, bulan bintang semua, ada lak org kata dark matter punya mass boleh sustain existence without any observable matter, so kalau awal2 dia dah cerita dark matter spread out sampai density sifar, orang tak leh kata apa dah.

but i'll go option 4. for my religious belief.

Originally posted by cipanbakar at 21-7-2007 11:51 AM
nobody knows without knowing the critical density

the bold sentence seems contradict. universe expands forever with the absence of dark energy? dark energy is the universe expansion's driver

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2007 09:02 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by aku_EnSeM at 23-7-2007 04:36 PM
lets discuss one by one...

we haven finish with origin of life yet

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2007 09:11 AM | Show all posts
I will pick option no. 4 - the Universe will fall back into a Singularity and form another Universe.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 24-7-2007 09:16 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 24-7-2007 09:11 AM
I will pick option no. 4 - the Universe will fall back into a Singularity and form another Universe.

I also believe that as that is what Buddha said... each Universe lasted for about one aeon.......

talk about religious creation...... after judgement day then wat?

those remorse in hell stay eternal in hell forever

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2007 09:24 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 24-7-2007 09:16 AM

I also believe that as that is what Buddha said... each Universe lasted for about one aeon.......

talk about religious creation...... after judgement day then wat?

those remorse in he ...

Judgement Day for this World is not the same for the whole Universe. Do you actually believe that destruction of this one tiny Planet going to mark the end of the Universe?

As for permanent Heaven or Hell, the word "Permanent" have meaning ONLY with concept of Time and Space. And when the Universe falls back into a singularity, EVERYTHING - Heaven and Hell will cease to exist and become one.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-7-2007 09:29 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 24-7-2007 09:24 AM

Judgement Day for this World is not the same for the whole Universe. Doyou actually believe that destruction of this one tiny Planet going tomark the end of the Universe?

hell no....... even the death of the star wont cause the milky way to die.....

As for permanent Heaven or Hell, the word "Permanent" have meaning ONLYwith concept of Time and Space. And when the Universe falls back into asingularity, EVERYTHING - Heaven and Hell will cease to exist andbecome one..

true

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2007 09:55 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 24-7-2007 09:29 AM

hell no....... even the death of the star wont cause the milky way to die.....

true  

Right now, those who speak of Judgement Day have no idea whether Judgement Day means destruction of the Planet or the Universe. Most likely is the Planet, which means Life elsewhere could continue without any problems.

Which means, if Mankind were to escape to Space before Judgement Day, it could mean that Man will be saved from Destruction and able to repopulate other Worlds.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2007 09:59 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 24-7-2007 09:55 AM

Right now, those who speak of Judgement Day have no idea whether Judgement Day means destruction of the Planet or the Universe. Most likely is the Planet, which means Life elsewhere could con ...

right and bush think like you therefore ISS is created.... to cabut

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2007 10:12 AM | Show all posts
George Bush is an idiot. Actually, Most Westerners are idiots.

They pollute the World with their garbage and refuse to take responsibility to clean it. And when disaster happens, they say that the Planet is out to get them and they should escape by creating ISS.

Do you know what will happen to you and your children in Space? Do you know what the effects of long term zero-gravity have on your body?

The Planet protects us from Solar Radiation. In ISS, that protection doesn't exist, so this radiation can cause effect on your body, even sterile people if they are exposed long enough.

And Astronauts who have been in space for over 15 days have experience helplessness in their limbs when they come down to Earth. Imagine you living up there for years.

And Technology for Microgravity as well as sheilds is not available for us right now. Maybe in the future, but not now. Space is a large place to explore and learn from. I don't want to run away from my responsibilities to the Planet by dreaming of Space.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2007 10:25 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 24-7-2007 10:12 AM
George Bush is an idiot. Actually, Most Westerners are idiots.

They pollute the World with their garbage and refuse to take responsibility to clean it. And when disaster happens, they say that ...

yes I know about that......

the west? yes.... they think they are so great by inventing this and that yet they want to own Yoga, meditation and things from the east

genesis: 28And God blesseth them, and God saith to them, 'Be fruitful, andmultiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it, and rule over fish of thesea, and over fowl of the heavens, and over every living thing that iscreeping upon the earth.'

to the west, the mother nature is a thing that God create as a slave to man and woman...

they forget that we are part of nature...

we are like success of few billionth possibilities of chances that make us what we are today.....

they follow the bible kao kao....

therefore they have gold, glory, gospel....

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2007 12:03 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 24-7-2007 10:25 AM

yes I know about that......

the west? yes.... they think they are so great by inventing this and that yet they want to own Yoga, meditation and things from the east

to the west, the ...

Any Race which tried to subdue the World will end up been wipe clean of them. The Planet is only second to God, and either of them can be control by hands of Man.

Source : http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070724/ap_on_re_eu/britain_flooding

This is just one example of what is waiting for those who tries to go against Mother Nature.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2007 06:14 PM | Show all posts
why cant the judgement day represent the collapse of the universe itself, sephiroth?

Use magic Report

Post time 26-7-2007 12:43 AM | Show all posts
dark energy originated from einstein's general relativity. its original name was cosmological CONSTANT. it's constant! its not same as matter. matter whenever spread, will lose its density. and when density reduce, so do the gravity. in contrast, dark energy is constant from the beginning of the universe till now however they spread. that's the reason for accelarating universe expansion which start 7 bilion years after the big bang till now. it's not due to dark energy(dark energy do the repulsion whereas gravity contract the universe) increment in term of power or watsoever but becoz of the weaken gravity due to dispersing matter.

Originally posted by sayap at 23-7-2007 09:25 PM
dalam universe ada dark matter. bila universe expanse kaw2, distribution of dark matter akan lagi kecik in term of density, mcm 1 kilogram gas dalam balang 1 liter dengan balang 2 liter. so ikut  thermodynamics first law, bila expand gas tu, energy dia akan kurang. energy yg ada cuma kinetik a.k.a heat, so bila expand, heat akan kurang. expand, expand, expand lama2 sejuk sampai zero kelvin, universe tak boleh sustain life.

dia cakap dark matter maybe sebab nak senang cerita, sebab ikut observation, dark matter paling banyak dalam universe. nanti kalau dia kata galaksi, bulan bintang semua, ada lak org kata dark matter punya mass boleh sustain existence without any observable matter, so kalau awal2 dia dah cerita dark matter spread out sampai density sifar, orang tak leh kata apa dah.

but i'll go option 4. for my religious belief

i dont even know wat is dark matter (except the fact that it exist becoz it should exist to explain unexplainable matter which affect stars rotating galaxy), so to say it should follow thermodynamic law is beyond me

dark matter dan dark energy bukan menda yg same. its not intercangeable, i mean for the time being. during big bang lain citer lah. and universe content is 4% normal matter, 22% dark matter and 74% dark energy.

and wat does option number 4 have to do with religiuos belief? i thought the option just for anti-creation

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 26-7-2007 09:45 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by aku_EnSeM at 24-7-2007 06:14 PM
why cant the judgement day represent the collapse of the universe itself, sephiroth?

Because Mankind couldn't be here to witness it.

If the Planet exploded tomorrow and the Universe collapses into itself 3 billion years from now, how could you know whether the Judgement Day have arrived or not?

Furthermore, if the Collapse of the Universe IS Judgement Day, that could mean that the Grand Gathering (in Padang Masyak which Muslims stated) is not for Humans alone but also all the other intelligence species which populate the Universe, unless you going to claim that the Earth alone is inhabited and the rest of the Universe is empty.

Use magic Report

Post time 27-7-2007 01:08 AM | Show all posts

Reply #17 Sephiroth's post

1. if we couldn't witness it, then how can you conclude that the judgement day is not the collapse of the universe. you wont going to see it.

2. the gathering, Allah says, is for the whole things that exist in the universe. not even a single electron can escape from it. so, there is no suprising fact that may be aliens would also gather at the same place, if only alien exist. on the other hand, how could you expect only human to be there? we also have satan, angle, genie, etc.

Use magic Report

Post time 27-7-2007 01:21 AM | Show all posts

Reply #16 cipanbakar's post

oic... you talked about the constant features of dark energy... emm.... in what terms is dark energy kept constant? is it the total energy contributed by dark energy, or is it the energy density of the dark energy itself?

ermm... or perhaps, my question above has no meaning in this dark energy discussion...

from the first post, can this absence of dark energy mean that the total dark energy per unit volume in this universe is extremely small that it can no longer promote the expansion of the universe? at this time, the total energy contributed by this dark energy is also the same...

if only that the total energy of this dark energy is constant (which is not in my head), then wouldn't the time where the amount of dark energy per unit volume to be effectively zero as the universe reaches its extremely mega huge gigantic size?

so basically, my question is in what terms is this dark energy constant?

Use magic Report

Post time 27-7-2007 09:19 AM | Show all posts

Reply #19 aku_EnSeM's post

ish aku dah explain atas tuh. it is the density that's constant and it answer all ur questions

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

17-5-2024 01:32 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.073442 second(s), 46 queries .