CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3767|Reply: 1

Fasting does NOT mean you understand what it's like to be hungry or starving!

[Copy link]
Post time 7-6-2017 07:00 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Mujahidin Zulkiffli
10 hrs ·
By my friend Nawfal Johnson
Fasting does NOT mean you understand what it's like to be hungry or starving!

Hi Mujahidin Zulkiffli , Assalamualaikum.

I like many of your FB posts, they are good because you are trying to open eyes to what is really going on in society, cutting thru the BS that makes up a lot of mass media FAKE, Biased, and Exaggerated One-Sided news.

You have hit on a subject that is very dear to my heart, and that is on the topic of "Knowing what it is like to be poor and hungry", and how the Imam's use this argument to show how beneficial fasting is, so the people with resources know what it is like to feel hungry, or starving. At least, that is one of their arguments.

As a Community & Regional Planning student, many years ago, I undertook researching and writing a couple of strategic planning studies on Hunger and Starvation—I can guarantee you that many-many people who fast will never know what it really feels like to be hungry.

HUNGRY AND STARVING PEOPLE DO NOT STOP BEING HUNGRY AND STARVING AT BREAK-FAST TIME! THEY FEEL HUNGRY, OR, STARVING, ALL DAY LONG!

"Hungry" and "Starving" people DO NOT get the recommended amount of calories per day, but I can guarantee you that people who have resources make up for their lack of calories intake during the day, afterwards, when they break their fast, and then they can eat and drink anything they want.

When you fast, do you think you feel like this poor Sudanese child felt like (the one in the photo)? 1994: He crawled his way to a UN Food camp, and with each crawling step, the vultures were just waiting for him to die, and eat him!

Kevin (the photographer) did wait to make sure the child made it to the camp, but Kevin Carter felt so guilty and devastated about not helping more that he committed suicide three months after making this photograph. That shown in the photo is what REAL HUNGER AND STARVATION looks like.

People with resources, who have their nice cars, comfortable houses, live-in maids, and money in the bank, have NO IDEA AT ALL about hunger and starvation. Perhaps, sell your cars, condos, fire your maids, and then go live in a one room wooden shack with tin roof, and outdoor toilet, with no electricity or running water, and eat one meal of mostly carbohydrates and drink unfiltered water. WHY? Because in many of the countries with high malnutrition rates, Nestle convinced the local authorities that Clean Water is a Need, and NOT A HUMAN RIGHT! ( See https://youtu.be/mUK8NmdcKvc ).

Thus, the local authorities don't spend resources on sanitizing water because Nestle monopolizes the bottled water racket, and IF HUMANS NEED WATER, THEN THEY NEED TO BUY NESTLES' BOTTLED WATER! SO THEN, poor mothers who can't breast feed their babies (or are hoodwinked into believing that baby formula is superior to mother's milk / Mom-made Milk), are forced or convinced to try to buy Nestle baby formula, but they have to use dirty tap water because clean tap water is no longer a Right, but a need, and so, poor mothers mix up really thin baby formula using dirty tap water, and this, wouldn't you know, CAUSES HUNGRY AND STARVING BABIES, with health problems! These poor mothers can neither afford luxury Nestle bottled water , nor over-priced baby formula!
(Source of the Malnutrition information — https://www.wfp.org/ ) The World Food Programme study for 2004 to 2006 showed that there is still vast

Food Insecurity in the world. Malaysia was the best in SE Asia, but places like Laos still had a staggering malnutrition rate of 19%, and Cambodia with a devastating 25% of their population. Malaysia's figures aren't even listed in the data—strange, and I'm unsure why it is the only country in the SE Asia sector without statistics, but Malaysia had the highest caloric intake of the SE Asia countries. I would think this would increase the level of difficulty for people in Malaysia to fully grasp the reality of Hunger and Starvation .

Thus, getting back to my main point, which was, many people in many countries, where fasting is taking place, most of these people will never know what it is like to REALLY BE POOR AND HUNGRY, AND, it is sort of ridiculous to say that fasting during the daytime will give you an understanding of what it's like to live 24/7 in a grass or mud-hut , without proper sanitation, poor quality food, low daily caloric intake, unclean water, inability to deal with inflation of food costs, perhaps no electricity, and all kinds of health problems caused by malnutrition and starvation. I doubt that many people in Malaysia will ever fully understand life as that child in Kevin Carter's photograph, where vultures are lurking nearby waiting for him to give up and to die of hunger, or, starvation.

https://www.facebook.com/mujahidin.zulkiffli/posts/10155379054534486

tell me, where's yr god?  

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-6-2017 03:39 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Puasa itu supaya menahan gelora nafsu setiap jiwa dan raga manusia itu dari perkara yang merugikan..ia dilaksanakan demi pengorbanan dan kasih sayang yg tinggi.

Hakikatnya kini, sesetengah pengamal puasa hanya atas arahan.. Puasa bulan ramadhan misalnya hanya puasa kecil sahaja..disiplin yang disediakan sangat kecil.

Puasa yg besar itu melawan nafsu dari hasrat impian yang tidak bermakna misalnya bermewah2, berlebih dan tidak berkongsi dengan harta dan makanan, mengejar pangkat, seksual, dan berbagai lagi ketamakan yang harus ditinggalkan.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 10:03 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.061950 second(s), 27 queries .