Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: CARI-MAMS

Anda Nak Beli Rumah? Lupakan Sahaja!

[Copy link]
Post time 16-9-2015 10:45 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
wanitajelita replied at 9-9-2015 08:44 AM
gaji engineer bukan lumayan pun. Blajar susah-susah, bila kerja gaji ciput tak sepadan dengan respon ...

beli property cash 2-3 bijij x kaye lg ke? ke tahap kaya hanye mcm naza family tu? tp kdg2 x yah byk sgt harta, bljr cukup dgn ape yg ade sudah.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-9-2015 12:30 AM | Show all posts
macam best ja duk america, rumah spt dlm film2

Use magic Report

Post time 17-9-2015 01:09 AM | Show all posts
Snippet Intro: Is it nice to live abroad? Story of Malaysian Malay living in foreign country.

UNTUK VERSI BAHASA MELAYU, KLIK SINI

Is it nice to live abroad / foreign country and being a foreigner? It depends which country you are living in. But, what I wanted to tell you here is my feelings and experiences living in ALASKA, United States of America, so far. I believed that the feelings and experiences may varied if I were living in UK or German, or even New York perhaps. So far, it looks like people are having a blast while they are doing that. Especially those who has the opportunity to study abroad with scholarship, everything is taken care of. Not to forget about the expat and expat’s wife where allowances for accommodation, meals, transportation, children’s education and return ticket back to home country all borne by the government or company they are working with. Not to mention on image shown on Facebook and Instagram by the VIP’s kids and royalties. They made ‘living abroad’ like it is heaven on earth and easy, where average Malaysian only can dream of just like the pious wishing on their spot in God’s heaven afterlife.

But, I’m not a scholarship student, expat or expat’s wife. I am far from VIPs and royalties group status. So, I guess, my experience is the realest, closest to the reality. Or, maybe there are few did wrote about this openly, about living in foreign country and try to make a living like an average person. I don’t know. Because I rarely read other blog. Well, I did read a little. But so far I came across on braggity brag side. It’s like their life has a total transformation from nobody Malaysian to super fabulous glamazon person (with British/ American accents wannabe). But I doubt that.

Maybe, images that I posted on my Instagram, gave out an impression that my life here is fabulous. Friends keep on telling and reminding me that how nice and lucky I am for having this opportunity. It makes me wonder the bar/ the definition that they set on ‘nice and lucky’. Does the living abroad with its four seasons weather and beautiful landscape makes me the luckiest person with a very nice life? Anyway, posting million images of beautiful landscape of Alaska is all I can do, right now. I can’t deny that Alaska is beautiful. So does my parent in law house’s front yard. But, does it mean that I have it all?

Still, I didn’t say that I am having a sad and bad life here. It would be very ungrateful for me to say that. Because I realized that there are many Malaysians who still can’t afford to set their foot in Langkawi Island or Borneo for vacation since their income is barely enough for the house rent, petrol, instant noodle and toll. So, that is why I have this idea to put my stories up here, on this blog, about the exact thing, what I have been through, to make a living in foreign country without making my readers feel disgusted towards me or having braggity brag element in it. But at the same time, I hope that my stories will put no fear but inspire other Malay or Malaysian to take a huge leap of faith, leave the safety of comfort zone being in home country and start a real living when they find out their life in Malaysia is no longer comforting.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-9-2015 01:12 AM | Show all posts
Living abroad, especially in Alaska isn’t like what the travelers and Vacationers portrayed through Instagram or blog. Experience you get through short traveling or vacation is too little comparing to those who live in one country and live their daily live like locals. I can guarantee that experience you get during your short trip abroad is 150% better since you get to stay at nice hotel with good spread of breakfast. You don’t have to think about cleaning after meals and make up your room. You have designated driver or tour guide to drive you around for sightseeing. You brought 7 kind of outfit for your 7  days trip and play dress up for #OOTD and #OOTN complete with big sunglasses and your make up is on point. You checked in on Facebook and Four Square at fancy restaurant and order yourself a piece of pretty cake and Instagram it, show how pretty the food you eat in foreign country. I can’t with picture of Laduree Macaroon. It seems like whoever been to overseas, Laduree Macaroon is a must. But deep down inside you know that your home country’s delicacies is 10 times better than Laduree Macaroons. You came back to your home city, get your salary end of the month. Continue shopping at Mid Valley and post a picture of Baskin Robin on Instagram again. Suddenly you have all the position in the world to say shitty things about your home country after you visited foreign country for 7 days, 10 days, 15 days. Just because your home country doesn’t have Laduree Outlet. Am I right? I know. Because I used to be that jerk before. LOL.

But if you talk about landscape and non urban living, Alaska is the best. Except, Alaska has nothing going on after dinner time unlike Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur. Jakel Seksyen 7 Shah Alam is even more lively and happening than here

Is it nice to live abroad?

Let me tell you my story.

FOOD ISSUE
Malaysian and good foods were meant to coexist in this universe together, like a destiny for eternity. My husband admitted that Malaysian food has the taste of its own where you couldn’t get anywhere else. Malaysian took Thai, Indo, China and India cooking style and reinvented it, turned it into Malaysian. Although he been to Malaysia for a very short time, every year, Malaysian food somehow twist his taste buds in no time and no Asian Restaurant in USA can give him the same feeling and taste since then. That’s how good Malaysian food is. He’s like being hypnotised and no words can describe the taste of my sister’s cook when we visited her back in Slim River. My sister has a pair of magic hands – Her simple cook can cure you sickness and all. Her cooking is a total body and soul healing.

However, a bless can be a curse too. Malaysian food is so good until it annoys. Let me tell you my experience. When I worked in Travel Agency not long ago, my client did SMS me from Norway, complaining on his meals just because he didn’t see rice and curry on the menu. Nothing in Scandinavia country can take his mind and palate off Malaysian food for 12 days. Not even the Scandinavian beautiful scenery and culture.  My time dealing with Malay clients traveling abroad was a morbid experience when it comes to meals. I still can cope with getting them the HALAL food and I can always replace it with Kosher food when Halal eateries is impossible. But, if you still expect ‘Sambal Belacan’ and ‘Gulai Singgang’ from your home country while you are in Perth, I think you better not to step out from Malaysia at all. Or just do a day trip.

There is a Halal grocery store in Anchorage, nearby airport area and one Halal Restaurant called Capri. That’s all that I know so far. But I am staying with my parent in law in Wasilla, which is 1 hour drive from Anchorage. So my menu for these few months is merely vegetables (cooked and raw), fish, rice, eggs, potatoes and anything that made from wheat. Hey! That’s a lot! Those were the list that I had when back in Malaysia too! I switched it between fried style and soup kind, alternate day. Sometimes my mother in law is so thoughtful and brought back pre pack Kosher certified sausage and turkey meat. She looks so happy every time she showed me her purchases. I will tell you about my parent in law some other time. If others are so lucky having a well paid career, big house and fancy cars, I have a very loving and caring parent in law.

makanan melayu di alaska 5

makanan melayu di Alaska 3

Generally, I don’t have issue with food here in Alaska. Actually, I think I have more choice here. You can get any type of food that suit to your diet and sickness. Be it Vegetarian, Diabetic, Atkins or Low Carb diet, food stores in Alaska have it all. It took me 20 minutes to decide which milk for my coffee for the first time I was here. Non fat, low fat, full milk, goat and cow milk, almond milk, soy milk, vegetable based milk.. it comes in many sizes and brand. You name it. Except breast milk.

melayu di alaska

melayu di alaska 1

But I struggled with constipation for the first two months here. That’s how hard my body adjusting to the food and diet here.

Melayu di Alaska 3

When it comes to snack and chocolate, I have no issues too. The ingredients printed clearly on the label. Now, I started to wonder why in Malaysia, the food ingredients always has to be in scientific – laboratory manner even for simple drink like coffee. E71, E275, E888, N1234567890. I don’t think Malaysian has the time to do research on such codes since we have JAKIM. An average Malaysian hardly get B+ in Maths and now you want them to figure out something like e=mc2? People pay taxes so that the government able to pocketed the money to pay work carried by department like JAKIM to ensure the reliability of the foods and yet, we still found lard contained in some chocolate and coffee drinks? I’ve been here less than 6 months and yet I realized how people in Malaysia struggled with everything, even with a bar of chocolate. And fake eggs. And fake rice.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-9-2015 01:12 AM | Show all posts
Except, here, I unable to enjoy grilled sting ray with its special spicy sauce. I tried to cook curry the other day with a pack of BABAS curry powder I brought from Malaysia, somehow it turned out bitter. So, after leaving Malaysia for MONTHS, you can’t help it but in rage and sad when you see people and friends posted up Malaysian food on Facebok and Instagram. Sometimes, I feel like to unfriend them over a simple food they posted up on timeline. Now, Ramadhan is near the corner. I will be effin upset to see pictures of food from Bazaar Ramadhan even though I know the foods suck and not worth the price. Not to mention updates of them having buffet at 5 star hotel for iftar too. I think I worry too much on the food wise more than the new clothes I’m planning to get for Hari Raya since I can buy it online anytime, anywhere.

One more thing, I must remind you again and again that Alaska isn’t like other metropolitan city such as LA, NYC or SF, where, immigrant from all over the world preferred to settle down in those cities. Pakistani, Arabian, Iranian, Japanese, Korean and Chinese groceries and restaurants can be easily found in big city like that. Although, Alaska do have ‘Asian Food’ section in Carrs, Wallmart or Fred Myer but, it still limited since the number of Asian in Alaska is very small.

makanan melayu di Alaska 1

When I was in Malaysia, I love to go to Sushi King, at least once a week. I love their sashimi and the rice that came with it. But now, I have to eat the same kind of sticky Japanese rice everyday since this is the only type of rice I can find here in Wasilla. Just forget about Basmathi rice lah.

makanan melayu di Alaska 2

Mike and I went to this newly opened Thai restaurant here in Wasilla once. My crave towards tomyum was unbearable until I almost feel to go back to Malaysia earlier for it. You know how much a bowl of tomyum cost here? USD20. But the taste is like Sirap Bandung. My blood shoot right to the top of my skull when I saw the bill that came after that. It was USD50 (if I’m not mistaken) for tasteless meals for two people. All of the sudden, I miss the foodcourt in Seksyen 2 Shah Alam, the dirtiest food court with full with rats.

However, just like I mentioned before, while other people are so lucky by having well paid career, big house and fancy cars, I have the best parent in law AND friends. Few of my friends are so thoughtful, they are sending me packages containing pre mix cooking stuff like Tomyum paste, Siam soup paste, fried mee paste, serunding and Ketupat Nona for iftar during Ramadhan.

Maybe you think I am having a blast here, by posting pictures like pie and mammoth size strawberry. But let me tell you one thing, those aren’t meant anything if you are Malay living (not visiting, but living) in a foreign country.

and maybe you think I am being such a big baby here. Well, at least, those students who study abroad have friends or room mate from home country to talk and share food with. As for me, all I have is my American husband and his family. Well, at least my friends still willing to bug me on Whatapps and Facebook though. I wonder if I get all teared up listening Raya song through Youtube in the next 3-4 weeks time? We shall wait and see.

to b

Use magic Report

Post time 17-9-2015 02:13 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by primemova at 17-9-2015 12:33 PM

Jgn assume semua org malaysia nak stay and make a living abroad... Lagi best duduk malaysia kot walaupun malaysia ada gak kekurangan dan tak seperfect sesetengah negara...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 19-9-2015 02:43 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Untunglah

Use magic Report

Post time 19-9-2015 02:52 AM | Show all posts
batu kikir replied at 14-9-2015 12:32 PM
Ada bahalol mengatakan harga rumah kat Malaysia TAK MUNGKIN turun. Dia cuma bolih NAIK je.
Dengan e ...

siapa kata tak turun? hari tu ada owner nak jual unit dekat pinggiran mont kiara (north kiara @ segambut) RM700K..... skrg offer RM640K negotiable  

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-9-2015 06:48 AM | Show all posts
amansihat replied at 17-9-2015 01:12 AM
Except, here, I unable to enjoy grilled sting ray with its special spicy sauce. I tried to cook curr ...

nukilan alvin tan ke nih?

Use magic Report

Post time 19-9-2015 07:32 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
kecimpret replied at 7-9-2015 02:04 PM
setia alam 180k ok dak?

Ok sgt tu sis.
Berapa bukak nye?
Ayol rasa la ni 1600sq 20x60 gitu?

Use magic Report

Post time 19-9-2015 04:50 PM | Show all posts
ohnoLia replied at 19-9-2015 07:32 AM
Ok sgt tu sis.
Berapa bukak nye?
Ayol rasa la ni 1600sq 20x60 gitu?

Apartment sis bkn landed..skg rate apartment situ 300k

Use magic Report

Post time 14-10-2015 12:40 PM | Show all posts
bkn nak cakap laa..lama2 nnt kita ni merempat di tanah sendiri klu mcm ni...

Use magic Report

Post time 14-10-2015 12:58 PM | Show all posts
saya cadang cara tukar kerajaan,ini semua berlaku di bawah kerajaan bn,ia jelas bukti bn x mampu mentadbir ngr dgn bagus sehingga menmanfaatkan rakyat,sebaliknya makin susahkan rakyat,rakyat mau undi kerajaan untuk senang diri atau susah diri?jgn diperbodohkan oleh bn dgn isu kaum dan agama,melayu merupakan bilangan majoriti ngr,masa depan di tangan melayu sendiri,fikir baik-baik lar anda mau undi utk poket bn atau poket sendiri

Use magic Report

Post time 14-10-2015 01:14 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Sape suroh hang pa pangkah bn...

Use magic Report

Post time 15-10-2015 09:45 AM | Show all posts
DEVELOPER KAN CINA? YANG JAGA BAHAGIAN PERUMAHAN PUN CINA? YANG BELI TANAH TU PUN CINA....RAMAI YANG BELI RUMAH DAN TANAH NI IALAH CINA SINGAPORK...SO BOLEH TUKAR LAH ESOK ESOK NAMA MALAYSIA NI JADI TANAH CHINA DAN BUKAN LAGI TANAH MELAYU....ATAU SINGAPORIA..

Use magic Report

Post time 15-10-2015 10:01 AM | Show all posts
bukan takat kat bandar raya je...kat kg aku pun cina dap dpt tanah lebih berpuluh2 ekar dr org melayu yg sokong bn..atas alasan nak tarik dia org sokong mca...ada gak yg byr duit kat do tuk dptkan tanah berpuluh2 ekar..senang je dia org dpt..org melayu kita mintak seekar pun x dpt...yg dpt kroni2 deme je..tu yg bl jd penerokaan hutan..penanaman sayur2ran secara haram  cer check balik..mn haram nye tanah tu bergeran kan org cina...byr je kat do puluhan ribu...kawan aku ada tanah se ekar nak buat projek tanaman x lulus..sekali sembang gan apek yg sama2 mintak kebenaran..apek tu nye tanah berpuluh ekar siap byr kat org atasan lebih 40ribu...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-10-2015 10:18 AM | Show all posts
kalau ak ade rumah sendri. . dah cukup lah tu harta dunia

Use magic Report

Post time 15-10-2015 10:21 AM | Show all posts
kingnqueen replied at 14-10-2015 12:58 PM
saya cadang cara tukar kerajaan,ini semua berlaku di bawah kerajaan bn,ia jelas bukti bn x mampu men ...

Ramai yg dah tolak BN dah sebenarnya. Tp disebabkan taktik kotor mereka2 tu jugak la yg sebabkan masih kekal memerintah. Kita yg bawah2 ni dh taktau nk buat apa lg dh... Kata negara demokrasi, tapi tak telus pun.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-10-2015 09:29 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
kenarikelabu replied at 15-10-2015 10:21 AM
Ramai yg dah tolak BN dah sebenarnya. Tp disebabkan taktik kotor mereka2 tu jugak la yg sebabkan m ...

Dlm keputusan pilihan raya umum 2013 baru ni,bn dpt 47% undian mnkl pr dpt lebih byk undian iaitu 51%, ttp bn yg menang dlm sistem yg x mencerminkan kehendak rakyat ni, itu sebabnya wujud bersih utk merayu tukar sistem pilihan raya utk mecerminkan, mewakili kehendak rakyat,melayu pelu keluar suara bhw mrk mau sistem yg betul betul mewakili kehendak rakyat

Use magic Report

Post time 20-10-2015 05:59 PM | Show all posts
cutebaby5907 replied at 7-9-2015 01:55 PM
ni yg berlaku kat sekitar rumah aku
aku duk kampung
diorang jual tanah x dpt duit

org lain sibuk nak beli tanah
sbb bila dpt tanah, boleh buat banglo besar2

ni dh ada tanah..pegi jual.
rugi
dah la dpt rumah makin kecik..ntah2 tanah pun tak de (mungkin sekangkang kera)
mmg rugi

kesian org kampung..
diorg tak pikir betul2
zaman skrg ni nk beli tanah pun tak mmpu dah..lg mau jual ke?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

18-10-2024 04:52 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.418732 second(s), 31 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.