CariDotMy

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3025|Reply: 4

Anak Tiri Pierce Brosnan Meninggal

[Copy link]
Post time 3-7-2013 02:14 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
DEVASTATED James Bond star Pierce Brosnan is grieving over the cancer death of his beloved stepdaughter.

The actor, from Navan, Co Meath, was at Charlotte Brosnan’s bedside during her last moments on Friday at her home in London.

It is a crushing double blow for Pierce — who never got over the death of Charlotte’s mum from ovarian cancer.

Pierce, who turned 60 in May, travelled back to London from shooting a movie abroad to be at his dying step-daughter’s side.

Charlotte’s mum — Pierce’s first wife Cassandra — died of cancer aged 43 while Charlotte, who lived with the artist Alex Smith, was just 42.

A spokeswoman for Brosnan last night confirmed to the Irish Sun: “Charlotte died in her home in London at 2pm on Friday after a three-year battle with cancer.”

And a pal added: “Pierce is numb with grief. It’s massively cruel that his stepdaughter has been taken from him at around the same age as his first wife Cassandra died from cancer.

“He’s being comforted by family and friends, and his actor friends are rallying around by sending him messages of support.”

In a cruel case of art imitating life, Pierce stars as a widower who falls in love with a cancer victim in his new movie Love Is All You Need. Pierce adopted Charlotte after he married her mum — but her life was filled with hardship.

Charlotte checked herself into a clinic aged 27 while she was a budding actress.

She was understood to have sought medical help after slipping into depression caused by a split with her boyfriend.

It was the third time she had volunteered for therapy at London’s exclusive €5,000-a-week rehab centre, The Priory, in Richmond, West London.

She had previously been treated there for cocaine addiction.

Doting dad Pierce, who has four children, became a grandfather to Charlotte’s baby girl in 1998.

Bond villain actor Robert Davi was among the first of Brosnan’s actor pals to pay tribute to his daughter.

The star — who played drug lord Franz Sanchez in the 1989 James Bond film Licence to Kill opposite Timothy Dalton — said: “My prayers and love go out to him and his family.”

Other fans of Brosnan also started to fill Twitter with tributes last night.

One said: “Losing a child is the hardest pain to bear,” while another added: “So, so sad.”

Brosnan starred in four Bond movies — GoldenEye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough, and Die Another Day.

Just three months ago he spoke about how the death of Charlotte’s mum was “the worst time of his life”.

Cassandra, who Pierce married in 1980, was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and died in December 1991. Her death left him alone as he brought up their son Sean, who was then eight.

After her death he adopted her two children Christopher, now 40, and tragic Charlotte, who both took his name.

After such a trauma, Brosnan vowed he would never marry again.

Then three years later the Bond star met US journalist Keely Shaye Smith in Mexico and found lasting happiness for a second time.

In 2001 after seven years together, the couple married at Ballintubber Abbey in Co Mayo.

They have two sons together, Dylan, 16, and Paris, 12.

Brosnan’s role in Love Is All You Need is the first time since Cassandra’s death, 22 years ago, that Brosnan confronted the issue of cancer on screen.

His character Phillip falls in love with a hairdresser with the disease who is awaiting a letter of final diagnosis from her doctor.

Talking about how his own life is reflected in the role he said: “I’ve sat in rooms with doctors and awaited the outcome of examinations, for results to come back.

“I’ve opened letters with bad news in them. I know what it is like, I really do. I know the pain and the agony of waiting and being powerless.

“Keely has always been kind and compassionate and encouraged me to mourn Cassie. I think of Cassie all the time. My son Sean is also her son of course and he’s 29 now. I suppose Keely is my North Star, always looking out for me.”

Brosnan met Cassandra, an Australian actress and former Bond girl, through David Harris — a nephew of screen legend Richard Harris — shortly after he left drama school in London. Brosnan was 23, she was four years older.

On meeting her he recalls: “I never for an instant thought she was someone I’d spend 17 years of my life with. I didn’t think of wooing her, or attempting to woo her; I just wanted to enjoy her beauty and who she was.

“Memories of Cassie are with me every day and I never deny that. That’s how I deal with it. When your partner gets cancer, then life changes. Your timetable and reference for your normal routines and the way you view life, all this changes. Because you’re dealing with death.

“You’re dealing with the possibility of death and dying. And it was that way through the chemotherapy, through the first-look operation, the second look, the third look, the fourth look, the fifth look.

“Cassie was very positive about life. I mean, she had the most amazing energy and outlook on life. It was and is a terrible loss, and I see it reflected, from time to time, in my children.”

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 3-7-2013 02:16 AM | Show all posts
Dulu mak meninggal, sekarang anak pulak , hampir same age.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-7-2013 04:26 PM | Show all posts
ada dengar kat radio pg td

Use magic Report

Post time 3-7-2013 11:13 PM | Show all posts
selamat tinggal dunia !

Use magic Report

Post time 4-7-2013 10:00 AM | Show all posts
Kesian.. dua kali kena go through benda sama.. first isteri.. pastu anak pulak.. (walaupun step daughter)..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

21-10-2024 11:05 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062118 second(s), 21 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.