Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2657|Reply: 8

Amy Winehouse's Final Record - Body & Soul

[Copy link]
Post time 23-9-2011 06:35 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Post Last Edit by dauswq at 23-9-2011 06:39

Lagu ni dirakam bersama seorang pemuzik veteran sejurus sebelum die mati pada 23/7

In latest billboard, Body & Soul debut at #87

Enjoy!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 23-9-2011 06:38 AM | Show all posts
Tony Bennett Oldest Living Artist Ever On Hot 100                                                                                                                 

At 85 years and two months, the iconic Tony Bennett becomes the oldest living artist ever to grace the Billboard Hot 100, as "Body and Soul," with the late Amy Winehouse, bows at No. 87.

"Body," which previews Bennett's "Duets II," due to storm next week's Billboard 200, sold 25,000 downloads in its first week, according to Nielsen SoundScan. (The song marks the third Hot 100 appearance for Winehouse, who died July 23 at age 27. She reached No. 9 with "Rehab" in 2007 and No. 77 with "You Know I'm No Good" in 2008).  

Video Premiere: Amy Winehouse & Tony Bennett's 'Body and Soul'

All charts, including the Hot 100 and Billboard 200, will be refreshed tomorrow (Sept. 22) on Billboard.com.

Bennett passes the late George Burns, who was 84-years and two-months-old when the ironically titled "I Wish I Was Eighteen Again" wrapped its chart run the week of March 22, 1980.  

Tony Bennett Goes on Apology Tour for 9/11 Comments

That's not the only Hot 100 record that Bennett claims this week.

Having last appeared on the ranking the week of Nov. 25, 1967, Bennett's span of 43 years, 10 months and one week away from the chart marks the list's longest hiatus among solo artists. Bennett passes a record established just two months ago, when R&B icon Otis Redding posthumously bowed as a guest on Jay-Z and Kanye West's tribute track "Otis." With the entrance, Redding's name appeared on the chart after a gap of 42 years, one month and two weeks.

Among all acts, Bennett is second only to the Chipmunks, who ended a 45-year, one-week wait when "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) (2007)" debuted the week of Jan. 5, 2008.  

Tony Bennett Notches First U.K. Top 40 Hit in 46 Years

Having ranked on the very first Hot 100 dated Aug. 4, 1958 (with "Young and Warm and Wonderful," at No. 59), Bennett additionally reigns as the artist with the longest span of appearing on the chart, as his Hot 100 discography blankets the tally's entire 53-year, two-month existence.

Bennett's secret to his seeming agelessness? "I had great training. I still live by what they taught me at school, at the American Theatre Wing: the proper way to handle yourself and your voice, on and offstage.

"I never compromised. I always said: never do something just for a quick buck. Even if a song (wasn't) a hit, it was well-written, with great musicians. That's been the premise.

"And, at 85, it's just starting to pay off."

Use magic Report

Post time 28-9-2011 10:34 PM | Show all posts
Tahniah kepada TOny Bennett. Tapi bila dengar suara Amy Winehouse nie, baru aku sedar... mmg cantik sangat suara dia. Sangat sesuai dgn lagu2 camnie.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2011 12:37 PM | Show all posts
Reply 3# Muntz

uols rupanya ade gak lagu kertu ni nyanyi ngan lady gaga

Tony Bennett Scores First #1 On Billboard 200

It only took him 60 years, but ageless crooner Tony Bennett will finally snag his first #1 debut on the Billboard album charts next week when his star-studded Duets II album wins the crown.

The disc, which features songs recorded with Lady Gaga and late British R&B diva Amy Winehouse, sold 179,000 copies in its first week, which was good enough to push last week's top seller — Lady Antebellum's Own the Night — down to #2, as sales trailed off by 64 percent to 125,000.

Leading the list of other debuts in the top 10 was Demi Lovato, who hit #4 with Unbroken (96,000), followed by Needtobreathe's Reckoning (#6, 49,000), Mindless Behavior's #1 Girl (#7, 36,000) Gavin DeGraw's Sweeter (#8, 34,000) and the soundtrack to Pearl Jam Twenty (#10, 27,000).
The rest of the top 10: Adele, 21 (#3, 117,000); Lil Wayne, Tha Carter IV (#5, 84,000); and Jay-Z and Kanye West, Watch the Throne (#9, 31,000).
Just outside the top 10, teen singer Cody Simpson's Coast to Coast EP landed at #12 (24,000), hard rockers Thrice hit #18 with Major/Minor (20,000) and Tori Amos came in at #24 with her latest, Night of Hunters (18,000). Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger's multi-culti super group, SuperHeavy, debuted at #26 with their self-titled debut (18,000), while Staind took a major 23-slot tumble to #28 as their self-titled album shed 68 percent of its first-week business on sales of 15,000.
Bennett couldn't quite pull off the double-play on the iTunes album chart, where Lovato was #1, followed by Adele and Needtobreathe. Bennett was in at #4, ahead of Lady Antebellum, Wayne, DeGraw, the soundtrack to the movie "Drive," pre-orders for Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto and Mumford & Sons' Sigh No More.
Maroon 5 continued their hot summer run with "Moves Like Jagger," which held on to the top spot on the iTunes singles chart, beating out Adele's "Someone Like You," Foster the People 's "umped Up Kicks," LMFAO's "arty Rock Anthem," Gym Class Heroes' "Stereo Hearts" and LMFAO again with "Sexy and I Know It." Rihanna's "We Found Love" helped round out the chart at #7, in front of David Guetta's "Without You," Rihanna's "Cheers (Drink to That)" and Lady Gaga's "Yoü and I."
Look for debuts next week from J. Cole, Blink-182, Jason Derülo, Wilco, Mastodon and reissues from Nirvana and Pink Floyd.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-10-2012 01:05 AM | Show all posts
Wah.. first no. 1 album after 60 years waiting?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-11-2012 01:58 PM | Show all posts
Muntz posted on 21-10-2012 01:05 AM
Wah.. first no. 1 album after 60 years waiting?

disebabkan lady gaga + amy winehouse jek..

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 24-11-2012 10:50 PM | Show all posts
dauswq posted on 22-11-2012 01:58 PM
disebabkan lady gaga + amy winehouse jek..

Harus dia sembah kubur Amy Winehouse.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-11-2012 11:30 PM | Show all posts
Muntz posted on 24-11-2012 10:50 PM
Harus dia sembah kubur Amy Winehouse.

kebetulan wkt die kuar album dekat2 sewaktu kematian amy...

tua ni pun rase gak nak dpt no.1 weii...penat berusaha 80 tahun..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-5-2013 01:14 PM | Show all posts
dauswq posted on 24-11-2012 11:30 PM
kebetulan wkt die kuar album dekat2 sewaktu kematian amy...

tua ni pun rase gak nak dpt no.1  ...

Tu lah pasal. 60 tahun tu.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-10-2024 05:17 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.045341 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.