CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 4710|Reply: 29

Flexi work scheme proposed for women (updated)

[Copy link]
Post time 2-8-2007 02:16 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Flexi work scheme proposed for women (updated)
By IZATUN SHARI

KUALA LUMPUR: New mothers may be allowed to resign from work to raise their children until they are slightly older before rejoining the workforce, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said.   

The Deputy Prime Minister said the Public Service Department was studying a proposal for a flexi working scheme.   The Deputy Prime Minister, who made the proposal at the launch of the Women's Summit 2007 here Wednesday, said the move could help stop women workers with family commitment from retreating from the workforce.  

"Women who had just given birth should be given the opportunity to opt out of work for a while and return to work again later when their children have grown slightly bigger. The time has come for us to take a serious look at this matter.   

"I call upon the public and private sectors to look at the possibility of introducing such flexible arrangement for women to opt in and out of service."  

He said he believed that many women did not mind losing years of seniority to devote their time to look after their children.  

He cited an example where female teachers, who had just given birth, could be allowed to opt out of service for three years before teaching again when their children were slightly bigger.   

"I find that many women would like to make such decision so that their family priorities are taken care of. At the same time, they are not totally detached from their career whether in the civil service or the private sector," he told a press conference later when elaborating the proposal.   

Najib said that the matter had not been decided yet but he had asked the department to study it to determine whether it could be implemented before discussing it in Cabinet.   

"I have asked the department to study this matter to find out if it is doable. I don't consider this as a decision but it is something that has to be studied thoroughly and considered when the time comes," he said.   Asked about the appropriate period for women to be temporarily out of service, he said :"That is in terms of the details. This (the proposal) is a matter of principle.

It has to be studied whether it can be done and practical."   On whether the proposal would include the private sector, he said the private sector could study the proposal before making its own decision.   "Private companies could provide such flexibility arrangements for their female staff at their own discretion," he said, adding that women must upgrade their skills and knowledge, have the right attitude and work ethics to remain employable and participate effectively in the national development.   Women, Family and Community Development Minister Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil said the ministry would conduct its own study on the proposal.  

"We will see the pros and cons and how it can be implemented. We are happy because the proposal had come from the Deputy Prime Minister himself."   

She said the policy of allowing female workers to opt in and out of the employment market temporarily to cater to their family commitment was a worldwide trend.   

"Private companies which do not take into consideration the trend will stand to lose their female workers who are stuck in a situation where they should choose either family priority or work priority.

They will certainly choose family priority."   Earlier, she said there were at least 3.6 million female workers in the public and private sectors as wells those who were self-employed and at least 36% of the country's workforce was made up women.   Themed "Putting Women at the Heart of Development", the summit which focussed discussions on work-life balance, was attended by more than 2,000 participants.

[ Last edited by  Syd at 2-8-2007 02:17 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-8-2007 02:35 PM | Show all posts
hehehe

aku termasuk lam kategori pompuan yg choose family priority ini...

tak lama lagi jadi housewife lah aku... yabedabedu..
(tp poket kurang la isi....)

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2007 05:19 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Delifrance at 2-8-2007 02:35 PM
hehehe

aku termasuk lam kategori pompuan yg choose family priority ini...

tak lama lagi jadi housewife lah aku... yabedabedu..
(tp poket kurang la isi....)

huhuhu...mmg bagus choose family priority... ...
tuk anak2 kan??
sha...jd fully housewife...tp sbb hbby duk suh resign..jaga anak..
now bile pikir2 blk..mmg bagus pon resign ni...
lebih byk mase tuk anak..

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2007 05:41 PM | Show all posts
mmg dr awal x koje..

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2007 06:41 PM | Show all posts
pastu sapa plak yg akan mengisi kekosongan tpt. ibu2 tu ye? kan ke best kalo ada pulak scheme utk ibu2 yg tak bekerja tp ada qualification/experience yg blh replace those yg bercuti even temporarily...maknanya, women helping women..or whatever name/scheme lah..asalkan peluang ada utk org2 cam aku yg tak keje tp sesekali tingin gak nak kerja...

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2007 08:36 PM | Show all posts
bestnya kalau gomen betul2 nk implemen..kalau nk ikutkan, takyah study pun takpe..kat oversea kan dh buat camni, but up to 2 years only and without pay..
i if 2 months full pay, another 2 months half pay, and sampai 2 YO takde pay, balik kerja gaji yg sama pun sanggup..
anak tu more than anything..

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-8-2007 10:10 PM | Show all posts
bg gomen ni maybe depa sggup  tp kalau yg kja private tu mjikan sggup ke ambik blk kita lps bercuti sekian lama?

Use magic Report

spidernfly This user has been deleted
Post time 3-8-2007 06:50 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by luv_ma at 2-8-2007 07:41 PM
mmg dr awal x koje..

i pun. kahwin je.... terus la ku melepek di rumah... coz almost all my bestfriends pun lepas kahwin duduk rumah.

now, bila dah kat sini..... mmg ada flexi working hours, tapi since childcare punyala mahal..... lagi save money if duduk rumah!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-8-2007 08:40 AM | Show all posts
My company punya subs kat Europe ada flexi hours.

Eg you keje 8 hours a day, so in a week mesti 45 hours, in a month lebih kurang 160 hours. They dont care if you wanna leave at 3pm nak main tennis, or masuk lambat, as long as tak miss meeting or meet deadlines or yr unavailability tak disrupt keje orang lain.

Janji in a month you cukup 160 hours (total hours for that particular month to be exact) But then kut terkurang hours in that month, boleh cover balik the next month. Or if terlebih hours for that month, boleh do lesser hours dalam next month.

Best kan?

Masa mac ada Euopean boss, (and dia pun boss no 1 kat malaysia) he said he wanted to do the same kat tempat kita orang ni.... but tak kesampaian, bec he got a promotion and kena balik Europe.....

But sepanjang he was here, siapa yg report direct kat dia like me, get the privileges la.

And sebenarnya, if you dapat privileges like that, you feel like your boss understands your needs, and you even give more to the company. And takde la nak ngular ke or MIA. Masa tu i sanggup keje sampai 10 pm, sbb masa tu mmg i put the company first. Just like the company put my needs first bila my child masuk hospital. Tanpa berkira.

[ Last edited by  macademia at 3-8-2007 08:45 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2007 09:53 AM | Show all posts

Reply #9 macademia's post

Best nyer...mac,

Anak saya dulu admited dkt 1 1/2 months kat KBMC...masa tu baru 17 months..

Bos dah bising..org lain x blh tunggu anak sy ker...siap suruh sy resign tumpukan pada anak..padahal bukannya co. dia pun..dia bekerja jer..dia pun selalu EL bila anak sakit, wife dia x blh jaga kot..

Bila pk klu x keja x blh cover spending..so terpaksa la..pekakkan telinga..dia dok bg tau kat org yg performance sy bagus tp attendance x memuaskan...

Alhamdulillah..skrg dia dah nak masuk 3 thn dah...x der la kejap2 admited...

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2007 11:27 AM | Show all posts

Reply #8 spidernfly's post

samalh kite ya'..

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2007 11:30 AM | Show all posts

Reply #8 spidernfly's post

dulu..mase sha baru2  kawen...tk terpikir plak nak duk umah ni...
tp sejak da ade anak ni..rase bagus gak quit..

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2007 11:53 AM | Show all posts

Reply #12 sha_n's post

tulah..puas sms  pasal nak kojer/tak..he

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2007 12:38 PM | Show all posts
mmg best kalau gov buat flexi working hours utk ibu2 bekerja ni..

pengalaman masa kt uk pun pernah keja flexi hours cam ni.. janji cukup hours derang mmg tak bising...

cuti bersalin 24 wks n leh mintak sambung sampai 2 yrs if u want...

dah balik sini.. keja gak setahun.. tapi tak sesuai la..

pegi awal2 pagi.. balik lewat petang.. masa ngan anak2 pun kurang n derang tak mesra.. sedihhh...

skrg dah dok kt umah.. legaa.. walaupun income kurang sikit la.. famili come first !

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-8-2007 01:03 PM | Show all posts
kalau turutkan hati

mmg semua ibu nak dok umah

jaga anak

tgk anak mbesar depan mata sendiri

tapi apakan daya, ada yang kena bekerja tuk support keluarga

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2007 01:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Syd at 3-8-2007 01:03 PM
kalau turutkan hati

jaga anak

macam aku...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-8-2007 01:50 PM | Show all posts
hubby baru tanya semalam...next yr, ummi nak keje ke?

me jawab....i taknak keje, tapi nak duit cam pegi keje ..dia ajwab tunggu dia jadi CEO dulu...hihihi

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2007 02:36 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Syd at 3-8-2007 01:03 PM
kalau turutkan hati

jaga anak

betul syd...the cost of living is killing you...:@

It is a good move tapi banyak aspek nak kena adjust.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-8-2007 02:53 PM | Show all posts

Reply #17 my-alja's post

eheheheh

tunggu dia jadik CEO

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-8-2007 09:20 AM | Show all posts
Berhenti sementara tidak praktikal

Pendapat

BARU-BARU ini timbul cadangan mengenai keperluan wanita yang baru bersalin berhenti sementara supaya mereka dapat membesarkan anak masing-masing.

Cadangan tersebut bukanlah tidak baik dari segi ideanya, namun ia perlu dilihat dari beberapa sudut lain apabila ia dilaksanakan. Sekiranya kaedah pemberhentian itu tidak melibatkan kedudukan tangga gaji atau kekananan seseorang atau diambil semula bekerja ia tidak begitu mendatangkan masalah.

Tetapi jika sebaliknya ia akan mengundangkan beberapa masalah. Ini termasuklah implikasi yang mungkin akan dihadapi oleh mereka yang terlibat.

Misalnya dengan merujuk kepada istilah 慴erhenti

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

4-6-2024 02:18 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.639542 second(s), 51 queries .