Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: aYuGiLeR

America's Next Top Model Cycle 8 ~ chat all about it. [SPOILER ALERT]

[Copy link]
Post time 9-2-2007 01:09 PM | Show all posts

Reply #80 aYuGiLeR's post

rupa sarah cam Christina Aguilera time ni...jael cam melly goeslow...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-2-2007 01:14 PM | Show all posts
rupa diana ada iras2 Kate winslet...

nape bila kita tgk Kathleen,kita teringat kat Bre?cam sama lak muka deme...sister kot??:kant:

Use magic Report

Post time 10-2-2007 02:20 PM | Show all posts
http://www.thedartmouth.com/article.php?aid=2007020701030

Unlike most Dartmouth students who travel abroad orwork at lucrative internships during their off terms, WhitneyCunningham '07 spent her fall in Los Angeles as one of the 13contestants on Cycle Eight of America's Next Top Model, Tyra Banks'# reality television show that pits wannabe models against each otherfor a $100,000 CoverGirl contract.
Cunningham firstauditioned for the show last February hoping to be a contestant onCycle Seven, but was called back this year for Cycle Eight.
"Idecided to audition on a total whim," Cunningham said. "I quit thebasketball team at Dartmouth and was looking for my next move. Everyonealways asked me if I was a model, so I decided that I would try it."
Whenshe did not make the final cut for the seventh season of the show,Cunningham put together a portfolio and decided to start modeling onher own. In October Cunningham received a call from workers on theshow, who had saved her information. She bypassed most of the auditionprocess -- including a 15-page application -- and after meetingpersonally with the casting director, was selected to be a contestanton Cycle Eight.
Cunningham spent two months inCalifornia filming the show. The majority of her days lasted from 5a.m. to 10 p.m., and she stressed the difficulty of dealing withdemanding photographers and having to consistently look her best.
"Ithink that nowadays everyone wants to be a model, but everyone can't bea model," Cunningham stated. "It's really hard work -- sometimes ittakes you to your breaking point."
As one of thetwo plus-sized models on the show, a Dartmouth student and a formerDivision I athlete, Cunningham encountered both scrutiny and respectfrom fellow contestants.
"I know that a lot ofthe girls on the show were intimidated by me because I was the blackgirl who went to an Ivy League school, but they had a lot of respectfor me," she said. "There were racial issues, and people would alwaysturn to me for my opinion. It was cool being the smart girl."
Cunninghamadded that she stumbled a lot of criticism about her looks and modelingcapabilities when looking at blogs about the show.
"There'sa lot of scrutiny for plus-sized girls. I feel as though it's alwaystrying to prove that you're worthy to the other girls in the house, toTyra and the panel and to the world. I'm reinventing the industry, andthat was my aim when I went out there."
Although grateful for her experience, Cunningham was ready to return to Dartmouth after two months in front of the cameras.
"I felt as though I was missing out on things back here. I was glad to get back to reality," she said.
Becauseshe left campus during her senior fall, Cunningham plans to make up theclasses that she missed next year either at Dartmouth or in New YorkCity or Los Angeles. After graduation, she hopes to use modeling as ajumping point for the rest of her career.
"I'mdefinitely going to use modeling to get my foot in the door for otherthings, but I realized that my voice is my selling point," Cunninghamexplained. "I want to use my voice and get in the public eye that way."
Duringthe interview, Cunningham remained elusive about the most rewardingpart of her experience, replying, "You'll see," in response to thequestion.
The first episode of Cycle Eight of America's Next Top Model airs on Feb. 28 at 8 p.m. on the CW Television Network.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-2-2007 03:52 PM | Show all posts

"welcome to the wild world"

Use magic Report

Post time 10-2-2007 04:03 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2007 06:47 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by narvmarishka at 9-2-2007 01:09 PM
rupa sarah cam Christina Aguilera time ni...jael cam melly goeslow...

a ah.. ada sket cam christina sarah tu... jael... tu tak nampak plak cam melly..

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 10-2-2007 06:57 PM | Show all posts

Reply #84 divaaizat's post

tyra tanak kalah.. :kant:

Use magic Report

Post time 10-2-2007 07:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by divaaizat at 9-2-2007 09:52 PM

"welcome to the wild world"

napa la gambar tyra saurus tu nampak sgt totally paste...dah laa di super impose tu...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-2-2007 07:12 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by aYuGiLeR at 10-2-2007 12:47 AM

a ah.. ada sket cam christina sarah tu... jael... tu tak nampak plak cam melly..  

kita nampak cam melly le sket...baru kita perasan yg whitney tu iras Jennifer Hudson sket...dan perasan tak rupa kathleen cam rupa miss granola bars...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2007 07:25 PM | Show all posts

Reply #88 narvmarishka's post

mmg sah sangat dah touch up sampai leh dapat the photoshop award..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2007 07:26 PM | Show all posts

Reply #89 narvmarishka's post

miss granola bars??

Use magic Report

Post time 10-2-2007 07:51 PM | Show all posts

Reply #91 aYuGiLeR's post

bila kita tgk Kathleen,kita teringat kat Bre cycle 5?cam sama lak muka deme,kan...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-2-2007 02:54 AM | Show all posts

Reply #92 narvmarishka's post

lupa plak aku... ya ampun... mmg serupa muka deme...

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2007 02:01 PM | Show all posts
aku suke ngan sara!!!

but arap2 plus size leh mng plak..

Use magic Report

Post time 11-2-2007 02:32 PM | Show all posts
promo & few clips of antm cycle 8 dah ade kat youtube.. promo antm kali ni menarik gak.. theme die jungle ye?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-2-2007 03:07 PM | Show all posts

Reply #94 divaaizat's post

go diana go!!!!!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-2-2007 11:05 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by aYuGiLeR at 10-2-2007 09:07 PM
go diana go!!!!!

go whitney go...nigga sista.......woooohhh....

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2007 04:13 PM | Show all posts
sedikit info about ANTM dari wikipedia...tatau betul atau tidak....

Trivia
This is the first cycle to feature a contestant from Alabama.
Jaslene was a Semi-Finalist For Cycle Seven.
Jael is Jewish and African American.
Natasha Ivanova is the first Russian contestant.

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2007 10:45 PM | Show all posts
ramai nyer miss blakie..so this season is ANTM 8: Blakie edition

Use magic Report

Post time 13-2-2007 12:18 AM | Show all posts

Reply #99 payrol's post

sama mcm cycle 3 dulu. ramai mak itam.
mungkin 'drama'nya pon ntah2 mcm c3 gak... hehe...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

13-6-2024 03:56 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.205014 second(s), 42 queries .