Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: whitedove

Japanese Entertainment News & Info HERE! [part VI]

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 5-7-2013 05:12 PM | Show all posts
Ikimonogakari reveals the details on their new album "I"
2013-06-14 22:29:00

Ikimonogakari have revealed the details on their new album that is scheduled for release on July 24th.

The new album titled "I" is Ikimonogakari's 6th original album, and it will be the first album in a year and a half since their previous one "NEWTRAL".

The title "I" represents many meanings, such as "I", as the author of the album, "I," as the listener of the album, "I" from Ikimonogakari, "I" for Ai (=love), "I" for Ai (=sorrow), and so on.

Ikimonogakari also revealed their newest artist photo in which the members form the shape of "I".

The new album will be comprised of 14 tracks including their singles "Haru Uta", "Kaze ga Fuiteiru", "1 2 3 ~Koi ga Hajimaru~", and "Egao."

There will be a limited edition and a regular edition, and the limited edition will come with a DVD "Ikky Monkey no i Radio" which recorded Kameda Seiji and Honma Akimitsu, who served as the sound producers, making a commentary on the album.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... n-their-new-album-i

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 5-7-2013 05:15 PM | Show all posts
Yamashita Tomohisa to cover Magokoro Brothers' song for his upcoming 'Getsu 9' drama
2013-06-14 22:33:00

As we reported previously, Yamashita Tomohisa will be starring in Fuji TV's next "Getsu 9" drama titled "SUMMER NUDE", which is scheduled to begin airing on July 8th. It has since been revealed that Yamashita will be in charge of its theme song.

For the theme song, Yamashita will cover Magokoro Brothers' song "Summer Nude" from 1995, and it will be titled "SUMMER NUDE '13".
CHOKKAKU and OKAMOTO'S will be participating in the arrangement, and reportedly, his cover version will have a more 'sparkly' sound while keeping the atmosphere in the original.

"SUMMER NUDE '13" will be released on July 31st as Yamashita's 8th single, and it will have limited editions A, B, C, and a regular edition. Both limited editions A and B will come with a DVD. The cover arts for the single will feature the beach and the beach hut from the drama.

=====
Drama "SUMMER NUDE" will be set at a beach hut. The protagonist "Mikuriya Asahi" (played by Yamashita)  is a cameraman who can't forget his ex-girlfriend "Kasumi" (played by Nagasawa Masami) who suddenly left him. The drama depicts a love triangle between Asahi, and two women "Chiyohara Natsuki" (played by Karina), a chef whosefiance left her right before their marriage, and "Taniyama Hanae" (played byToda Erika) who has been in love with Asahi for 10 years since high school.
--
It was recently announced that Sexy Zone member Sato Shori has been added to the cast, and he will be playing "Taniyama Shun", a younger brother of Toda's character.
=====

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... oming-getsu-9-drama

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-7-2013 05:17 PM | Show all posts
Nakajima Kento's ongoing drama 'BAD BOYS J' to be made into a film
2013-06-14 22:38:00

It was announced that Sexy Zone member Nakajima Kento's first leading drama "BAD BOYS J", which is currently airing on NTV, will be made into a film.

"BAD BOYS J" is based on Tanaka Hiroshi's manga "BADBOYS" that was serialized on Young King during 1988 to 1996.

After the live-action drama started this April, there have been a lot of requests from fans who wanted see the sequel, and those who didn't want it to end. Therefore, they decided to make it into a film.

The story is set in Hiroshima where powerful delinquent groups are crowded together, and it depicts the intense youth of the delinquents.

In the drama, Nakajima plays the leader of a delinquent group "Gokurakuchou", named "Kiriki Tsukasa", while Kis-My-Ft2' Nikaido Takashi plays "Danno Hidenori", the leader of the top group of gangs in Hiroshima, called "Beast". A.B.C-Z'  Hashimoto Ryosuke also appears in the drama, as "Hiro", the leader of "Hiroshima Night's" which is the opposing group to "Gokurakuchou".

The film adaptation will portray fierce fights as a powerful enemy stand in front of the three, as well as a story of their strong friendship.

Many other cast members who are appearing in the drama, which include Johnny's Jr. members, Nogizaka46 members, Triendl Reina, and Itano Tomomi, will continue making appearances in the film, and of course, more new cast members will be added.

The last episode of the "BAD BOYS J" drama will be aired on June 22nd, and the movie adaptation is set to open in theaters on November 9th.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... be-made-into-a-film

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-7-2013 05:21 PM | Show all posts
DAIGO to resume his solo activities
2013-06-19 18:06:00

BREAKERZ's vocalist DAIGO will be resuming his solo activities by releasing a new single, "Itsumo Dakishimete / Mugen∞REBIRTH", on July 31st.

On June 19, he held a public recording at a studio in Tokyo, where he appealed, "I want to use the three pillars for my solo career. They are 'make good music', 'sing good songs', and 'hold good lives'. I name it the 'DAIGO mix'. He continued, "I want to surpass myself from 10 years ago."

DAIGO made his solo debut as 'DAIGO☆STARDUST' in July of 2003 with the song, "MARIA", which was provided by Himuro Kyosuke. BREAKERZ celebrated their 5th anniversary last year, and in April the members decided to each pursue their solo careers in order for the band to grow.

DAIGO reflected on his previous solo activities saying, "Like my name, I became stardust." He further expressed, "This time, I want to do my best with my solo activities as 'DAIGO'. I want to have revenge on 10 years ago."

While DAIGO seemed to be excited about his solo activities, he stated, "The members were always there during recording, so I feel lonely." He added, "This year, I will focus on solo work."

This day was also the death anniversary of DAIGO's grandfather, former Prime Minister Takeshita Noboru. He revealed, "I told him'ittekumasu' (I'm off) at the Buddhist altar."

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... his-solo-activities

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-7-2013 05:26 PM | Show all posts
YUKI to provide theme song for Hirosue Ryoko's upcoming drama, 'Star Man ~Kono Hoshi no Koi~'
2013-06-19 22:08:00

YUKI's new song, "STARMANN", has been chosen as the theme song for Fuji TV/Kansai TV's upcoming drama, 'Star Man ~Kono Hoshi no Koi~'.

The drama stars Hirosue Ryoko as the lead role and is directed by Tsutsumi Yoshihiko. YUKI wrote the song's lyrics upon reading the drama's script. "When I expressed the feelings of the protagonist played by Hirosue Ryoko-san, who wishes to be with 'Hoshio', I was captivated by the fascination of music, and it turned out to be a song about a girl who falls strongly in love," she commented.

Meanwhile, Hirosue said, "I already choke up when hearing YUKI-chan's voice, but I was drawn into the worldview of this song which sings about a girl's insecurities, wishes, and feelings of love that cannot be put into words."

Tsutsumi added, "Okada-san's amazing story and YUKI-san's intense POP theme song! How powerful! As a closet fan who always plays her songs in the car, I am inspired!"

'Star Man ~Kono Hoshi no Koi~' is a love story about a single mother named 'Uno Sawako' who falls in love with a mysterious young man named 'Hoshio' (Fukushi Sota) at first sight. It will air every Tuesday nights starting July 9th.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... n-kono-hoshi-no-koi

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-7-2013 05:30 PM | Show all posts
androp to sing the theme song for Mitsushima Hikari's drama, 'Woman'
2013-06-20 03:03:00

androp's new song, "Voice", has been picked up as the theme song for NTV's upcoming drama series, 'Woman' (starts July 3rd).

'Woman' is a human drama that portrays the life of a single mother. The protagonist will be played by Mitsushima Hikari and her late husband by Oguri Shun.

"Voice" is described as a support song for those who are living their lives to the fullest. It was chosen as the drama's theme song because its strong message fits the storyline perfectly. This will be androp's first time providing a theme song for a drama.

Regarding the song, Uchisawa Takahito (Vo, G) commented, "By living day after day, we experience painful and sad things. There are those who feel that way even now. We made a song that would encourage and give a light of hope to people who are fighting hard and facing life."

The band will release "Voice" sometime this summer.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... -mitsushima-hikaris

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 5-7-2013 05:33 PM | Show all posts
Artist lineup for 'THE MUSIC DAY Ongaku no Chikara' revealed
2013-06-20 03:22:00

The artist lineup for NTV's special music program, 'THE MUSIC DAY Ongaku no Chikara', which will broadcast on July 6th from 10:30 am to 10:54 pm, have been revealed.

At this time, it was announced that 33 artists would be performing. They include aiko, Arashi, Alice, Angela Aki, Anri, Ikimonogakari, Iruka, AKB48, EXILE, EXILE TRIBE (Sandaime J Soul Brothers VS GENERATIONS), SKE48, NMB48, Elton John, Ozaki Amii, Kaientai, Kashiwabara Yoshie, KAT-TUN, Kayama Yuzo, Kanjani8, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Kiroro, Koda Kumi, Gospellers, Kobukuro, Sato Muneyuki, THE BOOM, THE ALFEE, Jero, Sharam Q, Judy Ongg, JUN SKY WALKER(S), Sugita Jiro, and Sukima Switch. More artists will be announced later.

In addition, it was announced that 3 artists have been added to the live event, 'THE MUSIC DAY LIVE presented by ZERO', which will take place on July 7th at Makuhari Messe. They are SID, Shounan no Kaze, and FLOWER FLOWER. With this, a total of 13 artists are scheduled to perform.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... no-chikara-revealed

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-7-2013 05:36 PM | Show all posts
DREAMS COME TRUE to hold live concerts in Yokohama and Osaka in December
2013-06-20 04:51:00

DREAMS COME TRUE has announced live concerts on December 20th and 21st at Yokohama Arena and December 26th and 27th at Osaka-jo Hall.

These lives will be held to commemorate Nestle Japan's 100th anniversary. FUZZY CONTROL will serve as the opening act for all shows.

A lottery entry ticket for concert tickets or an autographed photo panel will be included in DREAMS COME TRUE's upcoming double A-side single, "Saa Kane wo Narase / MADE OF GOLD -featuring DABADA-", that's set for release on July 10th.

===

<NTV presents the Nestle Japan 100th Anniversary SPECIAL LIVE 2013 ~MADE OF GOLD~>

Friday, December 20th - Yokohama Arena (Kanagawa)
Saturday, December 21st - Yokohama Arena (Kanagawa)
Thursday, December 26th - Osaka-jo Hall (Osaka)
Friday, December 27th - Osaka-jo Hall (Osaka)

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... d-osaka-in-december

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 8-7-2013 03:34 PM | Show all posts
May J. to release new mini-album in October + nationwide tour
2013-06-21 01:00:00

&#65279;It's been revealed that May J. will be releasing a new original mini-album (currently untitled) on October 23rd.

The new mini-album will feature songs such as "Shine Bright", which has received tie-ups with 'Pro Active' and '2013 OPA Summer Bargain', and "Eternally", a ballad that's being used in the CM for 'Reveur x May J. Limited Quantity Special Collaboration Set'. The limited edition will come with a DVD containing the final night of her live tour, 'May J. TOUR 2013 -7 Years Collection-'.

Prior to the album's release, May J. will kick off her nationwide tour, 'May J. Autumn Tour2013: ~Best & Covers~', on September 21st. The tour dates can be seen below the cut.

===

<May J. Autumn Tour2013: ~Best & Covers~>

Saturday, September 21st - Sendai-shi Seinen Bunka Center Theater Hall (Miyagi)
Monday, September 23rd - Sapporo cube garden (Hokkaido)
Wednesday, September 25th - Niigata LOTS (Niigata)
Friday, October 11th - Fukuoka Ims Hall (Fukuoka)
Sunday, October 13th - Takamatsu Olive Hall (Kagawa)
Thursday, October 17th - Namba Hatch (Osaka)
Saturday, October 19th - Hiroshima Club Quattro (Hiroshima)
Sunday, October 20th - Nagoya CLUB DIAMOND HALL (Aichi)
Friday, November 8th - Zepp Tokyo (Tokyo)

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... ni-album-in-october

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-7-2013 03:41 PM | Show all posts
Fuji TV reveals artist lineup for 'Mezamashi Live 2013'
2013-06-21 05:53:00

Fuji TV is coming back with its summer event, 'Odaiba Gasshukoku', this year from July 13th to September 1st. Within this event, the network also plans to hold the popular live project, 'Mezamashi Live 2013', with different artists performing on selected dates.

At this time, 12 artists were announced, including AI, Team Syachihoko, Def Tech, Nakagawa Shoko, Aoi Eir, MINMI, Nogizaka46, FTISLAND, Go Hiromi, Rake, Yusuke, and Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku. Each artist's performance length and other details will be revealed later.

===

<Mezamashi Live 2013>

Saturday, July 13th - AI
Sunday, July 14th - Team Syachihoko
Monday, July 15th - Def Tech
Tuesday, July 16th - Nakagawa Shoko
Friday, July 19th - Aoi Eir
Tuesday, July 23rd - MINMI
Friday, July 26th - Nogizaka46
Sunday, July 28th - FTISLAND
Tuesday, July 30th - Go Hiromi
Wednesday, July 31st - Rake
Monday, August 5th - Yusuke
Tuesday, August 6th - Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... mezamashi-live-2013

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-7-2013 03:43 PM | Show all posts
Arashi tops "Total Sales" & "DVD Sales" categories in Oricon's first half of 2013 ranking
June 21, 2013 @ 3:57 pm

Popular group Arashi dominated the "Total Sales by artist" and "DVD sales" categories of Oricon's "first half of 2013 ranking."

This "Total Sales by artist" is the ranking of artists who have the highest amount of the total sales in CDs (both singles and albums), DVDs, and Blu-ray Discs.

This is the first time in 3 years for Arashi to top this category since they last topped it back in 2010 with a total sales figure of 8.43 billion yen (approximately $86,213,610 USD). In the first half of 2013, Arashi has already exceeded a sales figure of 10 billion (approximately $102,227,000 USD) yen on the strength of the hits of their singles as well as the music DVDs.

Behind Arashi was AKB48 who ranked in 2nd place with sales figure of 6.86 billion yen (approximately $70,157,220 USD). Momoiro Clover Z who was ranked in 3rd place, is worthy of special mention, as they made a big leap from 18th place during the same period last year.

Momoiro Clover Z's total sales for the first half of this year reached 3.92 billion yen (approximately $40,089,840 USD) which is 3.6 times more than in 2012, and it allowed them to grab a spot in the top 3 ranking for the very first time.

For the "DVD Sales" category, Arashi dominated first and second place with "ARASHI ARAFES" (released in December 2012, sold 786,000 copies) and "ARASHI LIVE TOUR Popcorn" (released in April, sold 681,000 copies) respectively.

Moreover, the total number of copies sold for the "ARASHI ARAFES" set an all-time record for the first half of a year, breaking their own record of 785,000 copies which they achieved with "ARASHI 10-11 TOUR 'Scene' ~Kimi to Boku no Miteiru Fuukei~ STADIUM" back in 2011. Also, their total number of copies sold for music DVD for the first half of a year of 1,523,000 copies, is also a new all-time record which once again broke their own record of 1,015,000 copies.

Below is the TOP5 of "Total Sales by Artist" ranking.
=====

Ranking
Artist
Total Sales
Total combined figure of Singles + Albums + music DVDs + Music Blu-ray discs Sold
1        Arashi
10.95 billion yen
3,022,000 copies
AKB48
6.86 billion yen
3,582,000 copies
Momoiro Clover Z
3.92 billion yen
1,868,000 copies
Kis-My-Ft2
2.61 billion yen
1,129,000 copies
Kanjani8
2.55 billion yen
665,000 copies

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... alf-of-2013-ranking

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-7-2013 03:45 PM | Show all posts
JASMINE to release new single "HERO" in July
June 24, 2013 @ 2:14 pm

JASMINE will be releasing her new single "HERO" on July 31.  

This will mark the singer's first single release since "High Flying" (released May 29th). The upcoming single will be produced by ☆Taku Takahashi (m-flo), and it's described as a cutting-edge dance track that holds a strong message for a friend who is going through hard times.

For the coupling track, JASMINE will cover Kubota Toshinobu's 1986 track, "Missing". It will also include an EDM mix version of "Why" which was performed during her monthly live, 'Jas Vegas'.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... single-hero-in-july

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-7-2013 03:45 PM | Show all posts
cinema staff teams up with Kameda Seiji for new single
June 25, 2013 @ 12:02 am

cinema staff will be releasing their new single, "great escape", on August 21st.

This song has already been picked as the ending theme for the tv anime, 'Shingeki no Kyojin', starting in July. It was written to match the anime's worldview after the band members read the original manga series. The song will be produced by Kameda Seiji.

'Shingeki no Kyojin' is a survival action anime that portrays a battle between man-eating giants and mankind. It started its broadcast on MBS and TOKYO MX earlier in April. The upcoming opening theme will be Linked Horizon's "Jiyuu no Tsubasa".

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... eiji-for-new-single

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-7-2013 03:46 PM | Show all posts
Kimura Kaela launches her private label + to release collaboration cover album
June 22, 2013 @ 5:32 pm

Kimura Kaela has revealed that the name of her private label under Victor Entertainment will be 'ELA'. The first release from this label will be a collaboration cover album titled "ROCK"  this fall.

The label officially launched on June 23, which is Kimura's debut anniversary. Its name is derived from the singer's name 'Kaela'.

SEE ALSO: Kimura Kaela to establish her private label under Victor Entertainment

For the cover album, Kimura will collaborate with various artists, both domestic and foreign, in covering songs from foreign artists of the 1960's, 70's, and 80's that have influenced and moved her. As of now, POP ETC, Ishino Takkyu, and Chara have been announced to collaborate. The album will consist of about 10 tracks.

Through Twitter, Kimura is asking fans to request rock songs that she could cover. To make a request, fans can tweet the hashtag, #rock_rq. This will take place until July 7 at 5:59.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... oration-cover-album

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-7-2013 03:47 PM | Show all posts
Cast revealed for upcoming movie 'Subete wa Kimi ni Aeta Kara'
June 23, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

The ensemble cast of 10 actors for the upcoming romantic movie 'Subete wa Kimi ni Aeta Kara' was revealed the other day.

'Subete wa Kimi ni Aeta Kara' features a similar structure to the British movie 'Love Actually' in the way that it follows various different people and couples in loosely connected stories. The 10 main characters in the movie will be played by Tamaki Hiroshi, Kimura Fumino, Higashide Masahiro, Baisho Chieko, Honda Tsubasa, Takanashi Rin, Tokito Saburo, Otsuka Nene, Ichikawa Miwako, and Kobayashi Nenji.

There are a total of six stories titled "Eve no Koibito", "Enkyori Renai", "Christmas Present", "Nibun no Ichi Seijin Shiki", "Christmas no Yuuki", and "Okurete Kita Present". All of the stories are set at Tokyo Station and take place just before Christmas. The different characters range from a company president who distrusts human beings, to a train driver who just received the shocking diagnosis that he has only half a yea left to live.

The movie is produced by Shirogumi ('ALWAYS' trilogy), directed by Motoki Katsuhide ('Gegege no Kitaro'), and written by Hashibe Atsuko ('Boku' series, 'FREETER' drama).

'Subete wa Kimi ni Aeta Kara' is slated for a release on November 22nd.

-

Here are the outlines of the different stories:

# "Eve no Koibito" ('Christmas Eve Lover')
- A company president (Tamaki) meets a woman (Takanashi), who just lost a beloved person, in a restaurant at Tokyo Station. He thinks that all women only like his money and enjoys being alone. She originally moved to Tokyo to become an actress, but now she is planning to go back to her hometown right after her short play at an orphanage.

# "Enkyori Renai" ('Long Distance Relationship')
- A love-dovey couple that is going through a long distance relationship. She (Kimura) is an aspiring fashion designer in Tokyo and he (Higashide) is a construction worker in Sendai. Will their hectic schedules allow them to at least meet each other on Christmas?

# "Christmas Present"
- Ichikawa plays a woman who works in an orphanage. That day she is waiting for the new mother of the 7-year-old Akane to come and pick her up.

# "Nibun no Ichi Seijin Shiki" ('A Half Coming-Of-Age Ceremony')
- A train driver (Tokito) who cannot bring himself to tell his son that he only has half a year left to live. The train driver's wife is played by Otsuka.

# "Christmas no Yuuki" ('Christmas Courage')
- A part-timer (Honda) at a cake shop has a crush on her senior at work, but she lacks the courage to approach him.

# "Okurete Kita Present" ('Belated Present')
- The owner of the cake shop at Tokyo Station (Baisho) gets reminded of a promise that she made with a certain someone (Kobayashi) 49 years ago.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... a-kimi-ni-aeta-kara

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-7-2013 03:48 PM | Show all posts
Akanishi Jin to make a comeback with a new single in August
June 24, 2013 @ 12:10 pm

It was announced that Akanishi Jin will be returning through a new single "HEY WHAT'S UP?" scheduled to be released on August 7.

This will mark his first CD release in a year and five months, as his last release was his U.S. debut album "JAPONICANA" (released in March of 2012). The single will also be the first song in Japanese since his previous single "SEASONS" which was released in December of 2011.

Akanishi wrote and composed the title track, and it is said to be an up-tempo summer tune.
Akanishi left a comment, "Though I've caused so many worries, I am now able to release a new song. I never stopped making songs even during the hiatus, and I was longing for this day to come. I made this song with all my heart, as I wanted the first comeback song to be an up-tempo and bright dance tune which the fans who waited for my comeback for a long time, could be pleased with. Please look forward to it."

More details on Akanishi's comeback single will be revealed on Warner Music Japan's official site in a few days.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... ew-single-in-august

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 8-7-2013 03:54 PM | Show all posts
Graduation dates for Shinoda Mariko, Itano Tomomi and Akimoto Sayaka revealed
June 24, 2013 @ 11:22 am

On June 24, AKB48's official website announced the graduation dates for members Shinoda Mariko, Itano Tomomi and Akimoto Sayaka.

The three will hold separate graduation performances at AKB48 Theater in Akihabara. Shinoda will part ways with the group on July 22, Itano on August 27, and Akimoto on August 28.

Prior to their graduation performance, the members are scheduled to hold graduation ceremonies. Shinoda will hold her ceremony on July 21 at Fukuoka Yafuoku! Dome, Itano on August 25 at Tokyo Dome, and Akimoto on August 22 at Tokyo Dome.

The last member to hold a graduation ceremony at Tokyo Dome and hold a graduation performance at AKB48 Theater was Maeda Atsuko, who graduated from the group last August.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... oto-sayaka-revealed

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-7-2013 03:55 PM | Show all posts
Acid Black Cherry to release new single, "Greed Greed Greed"
June 25, 2013 @ 12:04 am

Acid Black Cherry has announced that he will be releasing his new single, "Greed Greed Greed", on August 7th.

This is Acid Black Cherry's first single since "Yes" which was released about a year and a half ago. The title track is described as an uptempo rock tune and it will serve as the theme song for the upcoming MBS/TBS drama, 'Akuryo Byoto' (starts July 18th). For its coupling track, the single will include a cover of Tokunaga Hideaki's "Kagayaki Nagara".

The single will be released in 3 different types: CD+DVD Edition, CD Edition, and Special Price Edition. Furthermore, this single will be released as a part of Acid Black Cherry's new project, 'Shangri-la', that's set to launch this summer.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... e-greed-greed-greed

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-7-2013 04:34 PM | Show all posts
LIVE VIEWING JAPAN announces special L.A. screening of J-ROCK concert film 'LUNA SEA: For JAPAN A Promise to The Brave'
June 25, 2013 @ 12:09 am

Live Viewing Japan, a distribution company focused on bringing Japanese entertainment media to an international audience, is proud to announce its latest North American concert film theatrical screening as it premieres 'LUNA SEA For JAPAN A Promise to The Brave 2012 in Sendai LIVE VIEWING in LA' – for one-night-only – at the Regal Cinema L.A. LIVE, in Los Angeles, CA, on Friday, July 5th at 7:00pm.

Faced with the overwhelming disaster immediately following the massive Tohoku Earthquake in March 2011, the iconic J-rock band LUNA SEA released a poignant message titled "From LUNA SEA for JAPAN" just days afterward and followed with the brand new song, "PROMISE". The band also staged a massive charity concert at the Saitama Super Area – "LUNA SEA for JAPAN A Promise to The Brave 2012 In Sendai" – to provide relief and raise funds for the Japanese Red Cross. This 2-hour concert film captures the emotion and power of that show.

Tickets are $20.00 and are available at: http://lunasealiveviewinginla.com.
Regal Cinema L.A. LIVE is located at 1000 W. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015.

Live Viewing Japan also extends a special invitation to '2013 Anime Expo' attendees at the nearby Los Angeles Convention Center to catch this exclusive J-rock concert film premiere! Regal Cinema L.A. LIVE is a short walk from the L.A. Convention Center grounds, located adjacent to the Nokia Theatre and Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles.

LUNA SEA is a legendary J-rock band that formed in 1989 and the group is considered one of the most successful and influential of the Visual Kei movement that swept Japan throughout the 90s. Founded by bassist J and rhythm guitarist INORAN while still in high school, the band was originally called Lunacy. In 1989 they recruited vocalist RYUICHI, lead guitarist SUGIZO, and drummer Shinya, a line-up that has remained constant ever since. Their storied career and alt rock sound continues to inspire many of the latest Japanese bands. LUNA SEA enjoyed massive popularity in Japan throughout the 90s and performed on tours across Asia, Europe, and also played at the historic Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles, CA.

LUNA SEA evolved its hard/alt rock sound over 7 bestselling albums that weaved punk and Goth influences as well as string and violin-driven ballads and softer melodies into their sonic signature. The group disbanded in 2000, and its members pursued various solo careers, before reforming in 2010 for a series of special tours and concerts. LUNA SEA is expected to release a new record, their first in 13 years, later this year. More information on LUNA SEA is available at the band's official web site (Japan) at:http://www.lunasea.jp.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... ncert-film-luna-sea

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-7-2013 04:37 PM | Show all posts
Hoshino Gen to go on hiatus again for medical treatment
June 25, 2013 @ 12:26 am

On June 24th, it was announced that singer/actor Hoshino Gen will be going on hiatus again for treatment.

Hoshino went on hiatus last December after receiving surgery for subarachnoid hemorrhage. He returned to work in late-February and had been working energetically.

According to the announcement, after his periodical medical examination last week, it was found that the area he had surgery "was not in perfect condition". While he is currently carrying out normal daily activities, "follow-up and new measures are required". As such, he will be refraining from his activities for the time being to devote himself to treatment for preventive measure.

Hoshino was scheduled to attend a talk event for his starring movie, 'Hakoiri Musuko no Koi' (currently in theaters) on June 24th, but had to cancel his attendance. According to a person in charge of the film, they "received a message [on that day] that he would be absent due to poor health and will rest for some time."

In addition, Hoshino has canceled his concert on June 29th at Billboard Live TOKYO. He has also postponed his concert on July 19th at Nippon Budokan. More details will be revealed through his official website.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/article ... r-medical-treatment

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

1-6-2024 03:10 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.101633 second(s), 41 queries .