Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Lady_On_Earth

PRODUCT REVIEW

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 13-1-2007 04:18 PM | Show all posts

Reply #40 Hang's post

porah....dah toksah dok buat cerita...:jeling:

barah payudara tu..arwah nenek sedara i yg tak penah buat rebonding pun kene....die tu rajin letak minyak nyok kat rambut....kene jugak barah payudara....

hang ni suruh kami letak minyak nyok ni nak bagi kami mati cepat ke?:hmm:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-1-2007 04:23 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Lady_On_Earth at 13-1-2007 04:18 PM
porah....dah toksah dok buat cerita...:jeling:

barah payudara tu..arwah nenek sedara i yg tak penah buat rebonding pun kene....die tu rajin letak minyak nyok kat rambut....kene jugak barah pa ...

toksah wat cita bidah lak
kata pakai minyak nyok boleh kena barah...

Use magic Report

Post time 13-1-2007 04:28 PM | Show all posts
Hi, I just got the rebonding products that hair-dressers use and its from Wella, name is Wella Hair Straightener. But for me, it doesn't work on my hair ends, though my hair is more silky now. I do realise however, that my hair has become very 'dead' and 'rigid'. Why? I checked the ingredients and it is the chemical which is perceived to be used in rebonding - Ammonium thioglycolate, which breaks the hair's bonds and re-bonds to form straighter, silkier hair. The process, isn't it the same also? First, you put the cream and apply with applicator brush to distribute evenly, and then apply section by section to hair, about 1cm away from scalp. You must be careful not to touch scalp as I had a painful burning sensation when the cream touched my scalp... There was no specific instruction for you to pull the hair, or use heat or anything, so I just used my hand ( gloved ), and kept pulling and letting go for differnet parts of my hair. I didn't use any clippers or staplers or anything cause I don't have those stuff at home. I followed instruction, and let it develop for half an hour. After that, I rinsed the residue away , and applied to "Conditioning Neutraliser Cream" into my hair, massaging at the same time, allowing to act for 10-15minutes before rinsing out thoroughly. Just after rebonding, my fringe was perfectly straight, and I never had such straight fringes before. But when my hair dried, it was back to normal again, except that it was more silky this time. My fringe also started to develop a curl. has anyone had such experience with such DIY rebonding or anything? Do you think the wella straightening cream is a process similar to those used in salons? ( i nvr had a rebonding session in salon before, so pls advise )

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-1-2007 04:34 PM | Show all posts

Reply #43 Hang's post

sape suruh pakai wella....

pakai la Loreal....whick make ur hair silky atraight...so real ....wallaweiiii....

tu la budak ni nak wat rebonding tak tanya kat sifu...

Use magic Report

Post time 13-1-2007 04:43 PM | Show all posts
Hair Care: Save Your Hair and Your Life
By Judith Tovey

Complaints about shampoos are among the most frequent made to the FDA. Reports include eye irritation, scalp irritation, tangled hair, swelling of hands, face and arms, and split and fuzzy hair. (A Consumer's Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients, Ruth Winters, MS, Crown Trade Paperbacks, 1994)

Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), an ingredient in 90% of commercial shampoos and conditioners, corrodes the hair follicle and impedes hair growth.

A study cited by the Wall Street Journal (November 1, 1988) linked SLS to cataracts and nitrate absorption. The nitrate absorption occurs when the SLS becomes contaminated with NDELA (N-nitrosodiethanolamine) during processing. This contamination comes about as a result of SLS coming into contact with any number of chemicals including triethanolamine (TEA), which is commonly used in shampoos as a detergent. Put simply: SLS + TEA= NDELA (a nitrosamine and a recognized carcinogen.

"It can actually damage the outer layer of the skin, the stratum corneum, causing dryness, roughness, scaliness, fissuring, loss of flexibility and reduction of the barrier functions of normal healthy skin. The lipid dissolving action of some detergents, including SLS cause damage to the moisture retaining ability of the cellular level resulting in water loss and loss of water- binding ability" (Cosmetic Science, C. Prottey, 1978)

Sodium lauryl sulfate, a surface-active agent and a common surfactant used in shampoos, was found to increase the absorption of certain chemicals. Simply put, SLS in your shampoo could be increasing the rate of skin absorption of other chemicals in your shampoo and conditioner which may include preservatives, fragrances and color additives. (Cosmetic and the Skin, F.V. Wells, Reinhold Publishing Corporation, New York, 1964)

SLS has been blamed for many cases of premature hair loss in both men and women. It takes hair longer to grow when it has been affected by SLS. Studies are ongoing in this area. SLS is cheap and available and cost is definitely a factor when manufacturers are deciding on their formulations. The irony is that we as consumers rarely see any of this saving and pay high prices for products that contain the same cheap ingredients as a lower priced product that doesn't have the benefit of a well-known name and a huge advertising budget. There are safer products on the market. There are safer alternatives to SLS but they can cost up to ten times more than SLS. One manufacturer said "I know it's not a good ingredient, but everyone uses it."

Did you know that many companies put formaldehyde in their shampoos? Do you really want to be embalming your hair? Formaldehyde is not only an inexpensive preservative and disinfectant; it抯 also a suspected cancer-causing toxin. In 1983, researchers from the Division of Cancer Cause and Prevention of the National Cancer Institute recommended that it be further investigated since there is a suspected link to some cancers. It was found to cause DNA damage and inhibit repair. It cause lung cancer in rats and increases the effect of the toxicity of x-rays in human lung cells.

Many kinds of shampoos designed to treat dandruff and flaky scalp contain coal tar, although you won抰 find it on any product抯 list of ingredients. It抯 disguised with the names FD&C or D&C color. Coal tar has been found to cause potentially severe allergic tractions, asthma attacks, headaches, nausea, fatigue, nervousness, lack of concentration, and cancer.

Alkyl-phenol ethioxylades are chemicals in shampoos that have been proven to reduce sperm count. "Boys exposed to such chemicals before puberty could suffer disruption of their hormonal processes," says Jorma Toppari of the University of Turku in Finland." (Vancouver Province September 29, 1995). In this same article, Jorman Toppari states that "We know that these compounds are hormonally active, and we know that you can influence sperm counts by exposing a child or a fetus to hormones that act like these compounds."

A study done at The University of California found that cosmetologists and manicurists had four times the usual rate of multiple myeloma. The article published in the American Journal of Industrial Medicine, stated that "The number of cases of multiple myeloma was found to be excessive for females in the occupation cosmetologist, hairdressers and manicurists." and further goes on to say, "People in this occupation have potential exposure to a number of chemicals that produce mutation in bacteria." (Multiple Myeloma in Cosmetologists, Sylvana Guidotti, William E. Wright, John Peters, American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 3:169-171, September, 1982)

What were these mutagenic chemicals? A list of the worst offenders that cosmetologists are exposed to on an everyday basis include:

Shampoos: Sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, DEA, propylene glycol, formaldehyde.

Hair dye: 2,4 diaminoanisole, 2, 4-diaminotoluene, n-nitro-o- phenylenediamine, 4-ethoxy-m-phenylenediamine, H睴

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 13-1-2007 04:49 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Lady_On_Earth at 13-1-2007 04:34 PM
sape suruh pakai wella....

pakai la Loreal....whick make ur hair silky atraight...so real ....wallaweiiii....

tu la budak ni nak wat rebonding tak tanya kat sifu...

loreal pun ada la... ammonium tu

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 13-1-2007 04:49 PM | Show all posts

Reply #45 Hang's post

isk tak habis2 wat cerita....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-1-2007 04:50 PM | Show all posts

Reply #46 Hang's post

dengki lah tu..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

SilentKiller This user has been deleted
Post time 13-1-2007 04:53 PM | Show all posts

Reply #46 Hang's post

Aku dgr chemical yg diorang guna buat hair straitghtening tu pakai air kencing kuda, betul ke ? :hmm:

Use magic Report

Post time 13-1-2007 04:58 PM | Show all posts
apa sabun atau syapoo yg berbuih,conform ada SLS..tak kisah lah jenama apa..bukan kat ubat rebonding je,tp sabun lux ke sabun follow me ke sabun poinjay ke..

sebab tu kit akena watch out frequency kita buat apa2 pun...rebonding ke apa ke

Use magic Report

Post time 13-1-2007 05:00 PM | Show all posts
semua produk korang submit nih produk utk lelaki atau perempuan ?..
atau sesuai digunakan oleh sesiapa tak kira jantina, bangsa dan agama ..? heheh..:nerd:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-1-2007 05:06 PM | Show all posts

Reply #51 fazamania's post

sesuai digunakan semua org faza....suami kawan saye pun pakai produk neostrata tu sbb kulit die berjerawat....

sangat bagus..sbb laki n pompuan pun sume ade masalah kulit kan...

tapi thread ni bukan untuk skin care je....untuk pakaian pun ok jugak....shampoo ke...

ape2 jer lah...berus gigi ke...ubat gigi ke....ape saje lah...

kite nak tau review jer....

so tak kira ..jantina...bangsa...agama dan kerakyatan...maupun warganegara...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-1-2007 05:07 PM | Show all posts

Reply #49 SilentKiller's post

isk nonsense la....bagus sgt ke air kencing kuda smp leh lurus rambut....:hmm:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-1-2007 05:09 PM | Show all posts

Reply #50 chemist_UTM's post

:setuju:  dgn chem...bersyukur aku ade kawan yg pandai bab2 ni....

sbb tu org kate nak wat rebonding pun seeloknya 2 kali setahun....

bende baik pun kalu kekerapan kite amik tu banyak sgt boleh jadik mudarat jgk...

macam karot lah..baik untuk mata...but kalau makan banyak sgt leh buta gamaknya..

Use magic Report

Post time 13-1-2007 05:09 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SilentKiller at 13-1-2007 04:53 PM
Aku dgr chemical yg diorang guna buat hair straitghtening tu pakai air kencing kuda, betul ke ? :hmm:

tak pasti lak yang ni..

tapi pill PREMARIN.... yang pompuan menopause telan untuk tambah hormon estrogen tu memang dari air kencing kuda...!

Use magic Report

SilentKiller This user has been deleted
Post time 13-1-2007 05:09 PM | Show all posts

Reply #53 Lady_On_Earth's post

Betul la, org yg keja saloon yg bagitau.. Dont know whether true or not..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 13-1-2007 05:09 PM | Show all posts

Reply #51 fazamania's post

faza..kasik ler review skit...nanti lady bagi kedit....
letak pic lagi banyak kedit...:nerd:

Use magic Report

Post time 13-1-2007 05:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by fazamania at 13-1-2007 05:00 PM
semua produk korang submit nih produk utk lelaki atau perempuan ?..
atau sesuai digunakan oleh sesiapa tak kira jantina, bangsa dan agama ..? heheh..:nerd:

fazamania,

halal dan lelaki pun boleh gunakan..

yg neostrata tu,ada officemate chem kulit dia berjerawat..lepas dia guna neostrata ni,dah settle masalah dia :ting:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-1-2007 05:11 PM | Show all posts

Reply #56 SilentKiller's post

produk apa?

cakap skit...tak leh main cakap jer..kene ada bukti jugak....

Use magic Report

Post time 13-1-2007 05:15 PM | Show all posts
ok  , goodd... bagus... teruskan review korang... aku nih takde produk yg nak disharekan ngan korang...ahaks!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

13-6-2024 12:44 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070044 second(s), 43 queries .