CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3415|Reply: 10

[Pelbagai] ...RAMBLINGS...

[Copy link]
Post time 26-6-2013 10:31 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
   1. Name one of the most influential figures in your life.

2. What are the countries that you would love to visit to if you get the chance to explore the world?

3. What is your favourite book? Why?

4. Who would you like to meet if you could meet a celebrity in real life?

5. Name your favourite genre of music and elaborate a little on your favourite artists.

6. What are the traits found in your siblings that you wish you could have too?

7. What is the most defining turning point in your life? Briefly elaborate on it.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 5-7-2013 03:24 PM | Show all posts
from the net...

June 28, 2013 by scrivener

Hello, and welcome to this week’s Friday 5! Please copy these questions to your webspace. Answer the questions there; then leave a comment below so we’ll all know where to check out your responses. Please don’t forget to link us from your website!

When you have to cut back on spending for a time, what are the niceties you’re least likely to give up even though you could (or should)?
    In leaner times, what are your go-to “famine foods?”
    How do you keep yourself amused or entertained in times requiring great frugality?
    When was the last time you had to go into austerity mode?
    What’s a necessary expenditure others might consider an extravagance?

Thanks for participating, and have a lucrative weekend!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-7-2013 03:27 PM | Show all posts
the net...

Friday Fill-in

And...here we go!

1. Right now I'm _____.
2. _____ is my well known quirk.
3. Are you _____?
4. _____ first, then _____!
5. That's why _____.
6. _____ is one of my favorite tv shows ever!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____, tomorrow my plans include _____ and Sunday, I want to _____!

Use magic Report

Post time 7-7-2013 11:39 AM | Show all posts
On this lovely Sunday arvo, I thought I might contribute a thing or two to your thread. Lama sangat x jengah ke sini. Rasa rindu plak. hehe

1. TBH one of the most influential figures in my life has been my dad. He is my benchmark in my life of all the things I aspired to do (and not to do!). Yes, people told me that I am 'anak ayah'. Habis tu anak sape lagi kan. hihi  

2. I would love to visit all countries in the world. I am planning my RTW trip as we speak (or as I write).

3. My favourite book is my sketchbook. Ok, technically it might not be the book you meant but for me, my sketchbook contains all of my darkest secrets, disguised in sketches and special wordings. My wordplay becomes a poem, transpose what others might interperate me to be.

4. The celebrity I would like to meet is Alvar Aalto. He may be  your non-typical celebrity but he is definitely someone I could have blushed while talking to him. He is one of the greatest minds to shape Finland the way it is now in architecture. He lived through the early 20th century and his inventions and way of thinking leapfrogged many of the current architects at the time. He is dead now but I read most of his books and try to understand his design philosophy, there are so many things I wish to ask him in person.

5. My favourite genre of music? It is a tie between classical and techno/electronic. It seems weird to bunch these together but to me the beauty lies in the mathematics of the music. Whilst listening in contemplation, you can find the beat of the song. Sometimes you listen too much to these genre you can have a guess at the crescendo and the diminuendo of certain bits. My favourite classical composer has to be the Russians, in particular Tchaikovsky. Electro music - Tiesto.

6. Ahh..this one. I wish for their intelligence for I never think that I could surpass them. I am cunning while they are just pure geniuses.

7. Defining turning point for my life is when I decided to take contemporary philosophy as one of my subjects at uni. The tutorial bit of the class forces us to get involved in conversations and opinions of our own. Each and every way of thinking has been explored. Many what ifs has been generated that may make us sound like a skeptic rather than a bunch a students who was learning, but I thought that this is necessary to break the existing mold to create a new one. My mind has never been the same since that class and the reading material I chose till this day has made many raised their eyebrows to me. I am just happy in my own skin.

Sekian Sunday ramblings. Maybe I have a few questions myself, if you all dont mind participating.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-7-2013 08:26 AM | Show all posts
redsinner posted on 7-7-2013 10:39 AM
On this lovely Sunday arvo, I thought I might contribute a thing or two to your thread. Lama sangat  ...

Red park your ramblings here, too. I will answer them.

ps. might I hop on the wagon on your wanderlust

Use magic Report

Post time 15-7-2013 10:04 PM | Show all posts

Tun M.To me he is a gifted person with a great beautiful mind with a vision.

2. What are the countries that you would love to visit to if you get the chance to explore the world?
i would choose Italy, Greece and France.

i dont have any books in particular coz i dont like reading that much
however i do like reading economics journal

Sandra Bullock.I love her performance in almost all her movies.funny and classy.

5. Name your favourite genre of music and elaborate a little on your favourite artists.
i m not a  hard core music fan..
but i love R&B.Hip Hop..Mary J bLige

All of them now pray 5 times a day..very devoted, i would love to do so..now i m progressing i suppose

7. What is the most defining turning point in your life? Briefly elaborate on it.
can't remember any

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 23-7-2013 07:35 AM | Show all posts

Both my parents, and teachers. They made me who i am today.

Europe, japan and korea.

Nickholas Sparks : A walk to remember. Almost similar real-life experience.

Brad Pitt.

I just simply listen to all. rock, jazz, pop, balad, R&B, jpop, kpop, indie band. fav artists would be maroon 5, adele, alicia keys, leAnn rimes, christina aguilera, ftisland,                 sistar.  

None. I guess we're unique in our on way.

Havent got that chance yet.

edit : thanks momod @seribulan for the tacang!

Last edited by mitnick on 24-7-2013 02:20 PM

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 26-7-2013 11:42 AM | Show all posts

When you have to cut back on spending for a time, what are the niceties you’re least likely to give up even though you could (or should)?
My cell phone, i guess. Otherwise, i wont be able to contact my family.

Cassava & potatoes. I heard my gradma used to eat those during Japanese intervention.

How do you keep yourself amused or entertained in times requiring great frugality?

Search for funny videos online. During my studies i did that a lot. I needed to relieve stress without spending money.

I guess i didnt really go shopping that much except for my pills & groceries.

When i bought SKII serum for my mom & cell phone for younger bro because he received excellent result for his major exam. I didnt spend a lot of money for myself. I guess i'm the type who bought stuff for ppl I love. I always wanted to give them things we couldnt have when we were younger.     

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 26-7-2013 11:46 AM | Show all posts
Friday 5

Good food and books...

Spicy Olio....

Disturb friends..Annoyed nieces and nephews.....Reread random books...

Lol..austerity sound sooo economic-ish...erm last month.

A good wooden hair brush with pins that gently stimulate the scalp and a good hairband that have just the right stress to the head whilst wearing it;not too loose and not too tight. and a custom-fitted shoe insoles.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 26-7-2013 11:58 AM | Show all posts

Friday Fill-in

And...here we go!

1. Right now I'm happy with my life.
2. Funny remarks while putting on straight face is my well known quirk.
3. Are you fasting?
4. Eatfirst, then pay!
5. That's why  i eat out.
6. Alias is one of my favorite tv shows ever!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watch online movie, tomorrow my plans include hanging out with a friend and Sunday, I want to wake up for sahur !

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 2-3-2024 05:27 PM | Show all posts
My favourite genre of music? It is a tie between classical and techno/electronic. It seems weird to bunch these together but to me the beauty lies in the mathematics of the music. Whilst listening in contemplation, you can find the beat of the song. Sometimes you listen too much to these genre you can have a guess at the crescendo and the diminuendo of certain bits. My favourite classical composer has to be the Russians, in particular Tchaikovsky. Electro music - Tiesto

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 03:37 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.082119 second(s), 42 queries .