Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: whitedove

Japanese Entertainment News & Info HERE! [part VI]

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:12 AM | Show all posts
Ishida Hélène gives birth to her first child

On February 4th, NTV sent out a fax to media outlets stating that announcer Ishida Hélène had given birth to her first child.

According to the announcement, Ishida gave birth to a healthy baby boy on February 1st at a hospital in Tokyo. Ishida commented, “After safely giving birth, I am filled with gratitude for this new life and everyone who has supported me.“ She also expressed, “Through this valuable experience, I hope to grow as a mother and an announcer.”

Ishida married a non-celebrity man on April 1st of last year. She announced her pregnancy on the September 24th broadcast of ‘Sukkiri!‘, and has been on maternity leave since December.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... to-her-first-child/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:13 AM | Show all posts
First public comments since scandal, Shirahama Alan apologizes to fans

On February 3rd, GENERATIONS held a release event for their second single “ANIMAL” which was released on January 30th, at Yokohama BLITZ. At the event, member Shirahama Alan made a comment for the first time after the report about him and AKB48’s Minegishi Minami in a tabloid magazine.

Shirahama apologized to the 1,500 fans who attended the event. He said, “I am so sorry for the trouble I’ve caused this time. I will try my best from now on through several activities, so please continue to support me.”

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... apologizes-to-fans/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:14 AM | Show all posts
Fujiwara Tatsuya to star in Shinagawa Hiroshi’s 3rd movie

It was announced that Fujiwara Tatsuya will be starring in Shinagawa Hiroshi’s third movie “Sanbun no Ichi.” His co-stars will include KAT-TUN’s Tanaka Koki, Kosugi Ryuichi of comedian duo “Black Mayonnaise”, and Nakashima Mika.

This is a movie adaptation of Kinoshita Hanta’s novel of the same name, and this will mark the first movie by Shinagawa where he will be adapting someone else’s work. Reportedly, Shinagawa fell in love with the original work during the first “reading”, and he started working on writing the scenario even before he gained authorization from the original author.

The story features “Shu” (Fujiwara), the manager at a hostess bar, “Koji” (Tanaka), a waiter at the hostess bar, and “Ken-san” (Kosugi), an owner of a Yakiniu restaurant chain who is a regular customer at the hostess bar. The three guys succeed in a bank robbery, and escape with yen valued at several hundred million. It depicts the bargaining, deceiving, and quarrels between those three as each one of them tries to get more money than the other two. Nakashima’s role will be the heroine “Maria”, a hostess.

It seems all cast members have trust in Shinagawa, as they all commented how they were happy to be a part of the movie.

“Sanbun no Ichi” is set for release in 2014.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... hiroshis-3rd-movie/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:15 AM | Show all posts
SKE48’s latest single sells 539,000 copies, tops Oricon weekly chart

Popular idol group SKE48’s 11th single “Choco no Dorei” (released on January 30th) sold 539,000 copies in the first week, topping Oricon’s weekly single ranking. This is the best first week sales for the group, and is the 7th consecutive single to top the chart.

With this single, they have surpassed Onyanko Club for a female group’s record for the number of consecutive chart topping singles, and have become No.3 overall after AKB48 (16 consecutive singles) and Pink Lady (9 consecutive singles).

SKE48 also become the 4th female artist to sell over 500,000 copies in the first week for 2 consecutive singles which has only been accomplished by Utada Hikaru, Hamasaki Ayumi, and AKB48.

Matsui Jurina commented, “I am very happy to have the highest sales number for the first week since our debut. Because of everyone’s support, we were able to do this. Thank you very much.” She also said, “The other artists who have achieved the consecutive chart topping record, are all well-known, so it’s such an honor. I want everyone to know the charms of SKE48 more and more, so we will continue to put our best foot forward.”

http://static.tokyohive.com/wp-c ... sotsugyou-gumi.jpeg

This single includes “Sore wo Seishun to Yobu Hi” sung by “Tabidachi Sotsugyou-gumi” that consists of 9 members who will graduate from the group this spring.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... ricon-weekly-chart/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:17 AM | Show all posts
Voice actor Miyano Mamoru to hold a live concert at Nippon Budokan

It was announced that popular voice actor and singer Miyano Mamoru, who is known for being the voice of “Yagami Light” from “DEATH NOTE“, will be holding a live concert at Nippon Budokan on October 4th. This will mark the first solo concert held there by a voice actor.

The announcement was made at the final stage of Miyano’s nation-wide tour “MAMORU MIYANO LIVE TOUR 2012-13 ~BEGINNING!~” held at NHK Hall, and it was also a surprise announcement for Miyano himself. When it was announced, the audience of 3,500 broke into loud cheers which almost sounded like a scream. To the fans who were crying for joy, Miyano said, “Let’s make history together! We will bring our heart to the Budokan!”

During the concert, Miyano started with some dance-able songs like his latest single “ULTRA FLY” (released in November 2012), “J☆S -remix-“, and “EGOISTIC -Long remix-“. Then he performed “A Happy New Year to you” (originally titled “Xmas to you”) while playing blues harp, as well as “FOREVER LULLABY“, a coupling track from his upcoming single “Canon” (to be released on April 10th), and so on.

On the sketch comedy segment titled “The Miyano Family’s New Year’s Eve”, popular voice actors Namikawa Daisuke, Shimono Hiro, and Takagi Shun made guest appearances. There was also a variety corner in which Ultraman Zero that Miyano voices, and his fellows from Ultimate Force Zero also made a surprise appearance.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... -at-nippon-budokan/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:18 AM | Show all posts
Nakashima Mika tops Oricon album chart for the first time in over 4 years

Singer Nakashima Mika’s 7th original album “REAL” (released on January 30th) sold 49,000 copies in the first week, and topped Oricon’s weekly album ranking!

This marked the first time in 4 years and 2 months for the singer to top the chart for either a single or album since her 5th album “VOICE” (released in November 2008), and it was also her first chart topping work after she made a comeback from the 6-month hiatus due to her patulous auditory tube disorder.

This album contains a total of 13 tracks including “Hatsukoi“, the theme song for movie “Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu”, “Dear“, the theme song for movie “Youkame no Semi”, and “LETTER“, which was written for her fans.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... me-in-over-4-years/

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:19 AM | Show all posts
Studio Ghibli postpones the release of “Kaguya-hime no Monogatari”

The release of Studio Ghibli’s upcoming movie “Kaguya-hime  no Monogatari“, directed by Takahata Isao, has been postponed to this fall.

It was originally set to release this summer simultaneously with Miyazaki Hayao’s new movie “Kaze Tachinu“.  It would have been the first time for Studio Ghibli to release two movies on the same day separately, though they have released “Tonari no Totoro“ (“My Neighbor Totoro”)  and “Hotaru no Haka“(“Grave of the Fireflies”) as a double-feature movie back in 1988.

According to Toho, the distribution company, “We received a report from Studio Ghibli that the storyboard has not been completed yet, though its progress was almost as same as ‘Kaze Tachinu’. After considering various situations, it’s been decided to postpone the release to this fall. We apologize to all of the fans who have been waiting for the release of the movie, and please wait and look for ‘Kaguya-hime no Monogatari’, which will be even more attractive when it’s released.”

“Kaguya-hime no Monogatari” is Takahata’s first movie in 14 years since “Hohokekyo Tonari no Yamada-kun“ (“My Neighbors the Yamadas”) and is based on “Taketori Monogatari“, which is considered the oldest existing Japanese narrative. It is said to be like a Japanese version of ‘Heidi’.

Miyazaki’s new movie “Kaze Tachinu”, on the other hand, will be released this summer as planned.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... hime-no-monogatari/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:20 AM | Show all posts
Details on SMAP’s upcoming single revealed

The details on SMAP’s upcoming single, which will be released on February 27th, have been revealed.

SMAP’s 49th single will be a double A-side. One of the tracks, titled “Mistake!“, has been picked up as the theme song for Fuji TV’s “SMAP×SMAP“. It’s described as a pop tune that portrays the strategies of love between a man and a woman. It was written by Ishiwatari Junji, composed by HIKARI, and arranged by CMJK.

The single will be released in four different versions: Limited Edition A, Limited Edition B, Limited Edition C, and a Regular Edition. Limited Edition A will come with a DVD containing the music video and making-of footage for “Mistake!” as well as nail stickers.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... ng-single-revealed/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:23 AM | Show all posts
EXILE to release new single, “EXILE PRIDE ~Konna Sekai wo Aisuru Tame~”

It has been revealed that EXILE will be releasing a new single titled “EXILE PRIDE ~Konna Sekai wo Aisuru Tame~“, on April 3rd.

This will mark the group’s first single since releasing “BOW & ARROWS” back in July of last year. The title track will serve as the theme song for their upcoming nationwide dome tour 「EXILE LIVE TOUR 2013“EXILE PRIDE”」which will kick off in April.

The single will be released in both CD+DVD and CD-Only versions. The DVD will contain a video clip and the CD-Only will come with an instrumental version of the title track.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... kai-wo-aisuru-tame/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:26 AM | Show all posts
AKB48′ producer Akimoto Yasushi receives Annie Award

AKB48’s executive producer Akimoto Yasushi (54) was recognized with the Outstanding Achievement, Music in an Animated Feature Production award at the 40th Annual Annie Awards.

He received the award for writing the lyrics to AKB48’s song “Sugar Rush” for the Disney film Wreck-it Ralph.  The Annie Awards are the animation world’s equivalent to the Academy Awards.  Five other artists who produced songs for the film shared the prize.  The film is slated to open in Japan on March 23.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... ceives-annie-award/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:27 AM | Show all posts
Main cast members for the movie adaptation of “Oshin” revealed

The legendary NHK morning drama “Oshin” will be getting a movie adaptation which will be directed by Togashi Shin, and the main cast members have been revealed at the public presentation held on February 5th.

“Oshin” was written by a scriptwriter Hashida Sugako, and it was aired during 1983 ~ 1984 with a total of 297 episodes. The drama received a peak rating of 62.9%, and average rating of 52.6% (in Kanto region, according to Video Research) which are the highest rating number in the TV drama history in Japan. Set about 100 years ago, the drama depicts the life of “Oshin”, a woman who was born in a poor village in Yamagata, and lives strongly without losing to hardships. It was also broadcast in 86 countries and regions all over the world.

The movie adaptation will mainly feature “Oshin”s girlhood. It will depict “Oshin” growing up earnestly and charmingly in the severe, yet magnificent nature in Yamagata, while thinking of her family regardless of many hardships. It will be based on the script written by Hashida for the TV drama 30 years ago, but will be adding some new stories.

The main cast members announced on this day include Hamada Kokone as the protagonist “Oshin”, Ueto Aya as “Fuji” (Oshin’s mother), Kishimoto Kayoko as “Tsune” (a servant at a timber store under Oshin’s first employer), Kobayashi Ayako as “Mino” (the young mistress at Kaga-ya, Ohin’s second employer), Nogi Ryosuke as “Seitaro” (the master of Kaga-ya), Yoshimura Jitsuko as “Naka” (Oshin’s grandmother), Mitsushima Shinnosuke as “Shunsaku” (a deserter), Guts Ishimatsu as “Matsuzou” (a charcoal-burner), and Izumi Pinko as “Kuni” (the mistress of Kaga-ya).

At the public presentation, Ueto, Izumi, Hamada, Hashida, and the director Togashi made appearances

Ueto commented, “I’m thankful to people who chose me over many actresses, but I feel pressured at the same time. I know there will be those that voice that it’s still too early for me to play the role, or I do not look like a mother, but Pinko-san gave me great advice: ‘It’ll be fine as long as you put your all into the role. I know you can do it.’ so I will play this role putting my all into it!” Izumi who played as Oshin’s mother in the previous TV drama, whom Ueto will be playing in the movie, said, “I’m glad that Aya-chan will be playing the role. I’m sure it will be a great movie if we work hard.” The rookie child actress Hamada who was chosen among 2,500 people in audition, appeared in costume for the role, and said, “I will try my best in playing the role of Oshin,” while turning red in the cheeks.

The whole filming will be held in Yamagata, and it is said to start in the middle of February. The movie will be open in theaters in October.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... -of-oshin-revealed/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:27 AM | Show all posts
Check out the details on SOPHIA’s new album “Mirai Otona Sengen”

Rock band SOPHIA will release a new album titled “Mirai Otona Sengen” on March 6th.

It will be their first album in 4 years, and will include their previous singles like “Gekkou“, “I will“, “cod-E~E no Angou~“, and “Sayonara Itoshi no Peter Pan syndrome“. On the jacket cover for CD+DVD edition, vocalist Matsuoka Mitsuru shows off his stark naked figure. Matsuoka revealed the reason for doing so: “As time goes by, my body will decline and vanish eventually, but by accepting the reality, I am able to face life. With the spirit, I wanted to leave the figure of present SOPHIA which equals myself in our work.” He also said about his built body, “I do not do anything special. I just repeat training every single day as the responsibility of a vocalist.”

“Mirai Otona Sengen” will be released in three different edition; <CD+DVD Edition>, <CD-only Edition>, and <BDM (Blu-ray Disc Music) Edition>.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... mirai-otona-sengen/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:28 AM | Show all posts
Details on NICO Touches the Walls’ new single “Mr.ECHO” & hall tour revealed

NICO Touches the Walls has revealed the details on their new single, “Mr. ECHO“.

The band’s first single of 2013 will be released on March 27th. Aside the title track, it will include their new song, “Chain Reaction“, as well as a cover of Matsuda Seiko’s “SWEET MEMORIES“. “Chain Reaction” has received a tie-up with New Balance Japan’s brand campaign this spring. Furthermore, the limited edition will come with a DVD containing performances from lives held in 2012.

Additionally, NICO Touches the Walls has revealed the details on their very first hall tour. They will hold a total of 12 shows in 10 locations starting in May. For the finale, the band will perform a 2-day concert at NHK Hall in Tokyo. The tour dates can be seen below the cut.

===

<new balance presents NICO Touches the Walls TOUR 2013>

Thursday, May 16th – Shizuoka Shimin Bunka Kaikan (Shizuoka)
Saturday, May 18th – Fukuoka Sun Palace Hotel & Hall (Fukuoka)
Sunday, May 19th – Hiroshima Aster Plaza (Hiroshima)
Saturday, May 25th – Orix Theatre (Osaka)
Sunday, May 26th – Orix Theatre (Osaka)
Sunday, June 2nd – Sapporo-shi Kyoiku Bunka Kaikan (Hokkaido)
Friday, June 7th – Ichikawa-shi Bunka Kaikan (Chiba)
Sunday, June 9th – Niigata Kenmin Kaikan (Niigata)
Friday, June 21st – Sendai Shimin Kaikan (Miyagi)
Sunday, June 30th – Aichi-ken Geijutsu Gekijou (Nagoya)
Wednesday, July 10th – NHK Hall (Tokyo)
Thursday, July 11th – NHK Hall (Tokyo)

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... hall-tour-revealed/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:28 AM | Show all posts
plenty to hold a live concert in their hometown for 3 months

It’s been revealed that rock band plenty will be holding a live concert on March 17th at Kashima LOOP in Ibaraki. The band will then hold a live concert at the same venue for three months.

Kashima LOOP is considered plenty’s starting point as it is located in their hometown of Kashima City. The upcoming concerts will be held as a collaboration with the venue, which will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year. During the concerts, the band is scheduled to perform brand new songs they are currently working on.

Ticket pre-reservations will be available through the band’s official website until February 11th at 11:00 pm.

Take a look at the concert dates below.

===

<Kashima LOOP 10th ANNIVERSARY & plenty presents “dear LOOP”>

Sunday, March 17th – Kashima LOOP (Ibaraki)
Friday, April 12th – Kashima LOOP (Ibaraki)
Saturday, May 25th – Kashima LOOP (Ibaraki)

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... etown-for-3-months/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:29 AM | Show all posts
Toriko, One Piece, and Dragon Ball Z to collaborate for one-hour special

On February 5, it was announced that in April, Fuji TV’s ongoing anime “Toriko” will collaborate with the animes “One Piece” and “Dragon Ball Z” for a special one-hour program titled “Dream 9 Toriko & One Piece & Dragon Ball Z Chou Collab Special” to commemorate the Toriko’s third year. The special will air on April 7 at 9 AM.

Last April, “Toriko” and “One Piece” collaborated to create a special and received a favorable response. This year, they hope to receive the same reception with the addition of “Dragon Ball Z”.  Heroes Toriko, Luffy, and Goku will all appear together on the same screen for the first time.

The special will feature a race titled “Tenkaichi Kuoukai” sponsored by IGO (International Gourmet Organization) where Toriko and gourmet hunters belong. The grand prize of the race is a luxury ingredient, and Toriko and his fellows as well as the Straw Hat Pirates from One Piece enter to obtain the ingredient. Goku and his Dragon Ball members also enter the race, and a fierce battle ensues to determine the winner.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... r-one-hour-special/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:29 AM | Show all posts
BiS’ Wakisaka Yurika to withdraw from the group

Wakisaka on the extreme right

Idol group BiS member Wakisaka Yurika will withdraw from the group after their solo live concert at Ryogoku Kokugikan on March 16th.

According to the announcement made on their official site, Wakisaka’s chronic disease, which she has been suffering from before she joined the group, worsened, and after consultation with her agency, and considering her condition, Wakisaka’s withdrawal has been decided.

In addition, Wakisaka’s ankle, which she injured during high school, started to recur after she challenged herself to a 24-hour endurance 100 km marathon back in October. Therefore, she took a break, and just made a comeback on January 8th.

Wakisaka is currently in the second year of  junior college; however, she revealed on her blog, “I was supposed be graduating next month, but I could not…” Therefore, she “will attend the classes properly starting in April, and will make this year one for me to re-think about my future. I’m interested in nutrition, and welfare. Or I may be saying that I want to be a singer after all, again…” She also wrote, “Until the live at Ryogoku Kokugikan, I will do my best in tour and events, with my gratitude.”

On the same day, they also revealed the details on their upcoming single “BiSimulation” that is set for release on March 13th.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... ls-on-bisimulation/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:30 AM | Show all posts
Aoyama Yuki’s ‘School Girl Complex’ photo book to be turned into a feature-length film

On February 7th, it was announced that photographer Aoyama Yuki’s popular photo book ‘School Girl Complex‘ is going to be turned into a feature-length film starring the two young actresses Morikawa Aoi and Kadowaki Mugi.

Aoyama has worked on many photo books for actresses and idols alike. He also did the cover shooting for the most recent issue of the beauty magazine ‘anan‘ featuring AKB48’s Kashiwagi Yuki. In 2010, he released a unique photo book titled ‘School Girl Complex’. This photo book depicted all the (dangerous) charms of junior and senior high school girls from the point of view of a boy going through puberty. However, it wasn’t only well-received by male buyers, but also earned a lot of support and praise from girls and women.

The movie adaptation ‘School Girl Complex Housoubu Hen‘ will be handled by movie director Onuma Yuichi (‘Doutei Housouki’, ‘nude’). Set in the broadcasting club (‘housoubu’) of a girls’ school, the story follows a young school girl named Manami and her encounter with a girl who ruffles her heart. Similar to the photo book, Onuma is going to try and film it almost without any focus on the faces of the characters.

Manami is portrayed by Morikawa, who started her career as an exclusive model for the popular fashion magazine ‘Seventeen‘. She soon picked up roles in dramas such as the late-night drama ‘Sprout‘ and the upcoming WOWOW CLAMP drama ‘Holic xxxHOLiC‘.

The key character who is going to confuse Manami is a young girl named Chiyuki who joins the broadcasting club towards the end of their high school days. Chiyuki is mature and hard to approach, as she repeated a year, and causes a lot of problems in the club. She is played by Kadowaki, who has previously appeared in the WOWOW drama ‘Hitori Shizuka‘ and the movie ‘Intermission‘.

Other young actresses such as Kondo Maaya (‘Kokuhaku’), Yoshikura Aoi, Konno Ayuri, and Takai Tsukina are also going to appear in the movie.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... eature-length-film/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:31 AM | Show all posts
Ono Machiko, Matsuzaka Tori and more receive the “Elan d’or Awards”

On February 7th, an awarding ceremony for the ‘2013 Elan d’or Awards‘ was held at a hotel in Tokyo.

“The Elan d’or Awards” are presented by the All Nippon Producers Association (ANPA) to recognize the producers and promising actors/actresses who achieved outstanding works in domestic movies and TV dramas through the year.

The subjects works for this year were the domestic movies shown in Tokyo, as well as one-shot dramas and drama series aired during December 1st 2011 ~ November 30th 2012, and the award winners were selected by the members of ANPA.

The actors/actresses who received the “newcomers of the year” were Sometani Shota, Ono Machiko, Matsuzaka Tori, Takei Emi, Moriyama Mirai, and Maki Yoko.

Ono who started in the NHK morning drama “Carnation” including many other movies and dramas, commented, “As an actress, I will continue my own best to be true to this award.”

Takei who starred in dramas for 3 consecutive seasons last year, said, “I was leading a hectic life, but it was also a precious experience as there were many things to learn. I’m obsessed by the sense of accomplishment which I feel when the drama is over. I would like to continue doing my best this year as well, while bracing myself.”

Moriyama also commented, “I was wondering if it’s ok for me to receive this award at this timie, but I take it as I am being told that I am not good enough yet and need to apply myself diligently. Marking this as my turning point, I want to continue running forward.”

To the awarding ceremony, Higuchi Shinji (the director of movie “Nobou no Shiro”), Abe Hiroshi (starred in “Thermae Romae”), Horikita Maki (starred in “Ume-chan Sensei”), Yonekura Ryoko (starred in “Doctor X”), Natori Yuko (stars in “Houigaku Kyoushitsu no Jiken File” -one of the popular series from “Doyo Wide Gekijo”) also made appearances to congratulate the award winners.

The winners of the “2013 Elan d’or Awards” are below.

=====

<Producer Awards>
&#8226; Best Producer
- Kubota Osamu (film) – “Nobou no Shiro”
- Iwatani Kanako (TV) – “Ume-chan Sensei”

&#8226; Best Producer (Incitement Award)
- Inaba Naoto (film) – “Thermae Romae”
- Uchiyama Satoko (TV) – “Doctor X ~Gekai Daimon Michiko”

<ANPA Special Award>
- The late Kobayashi Shunichi

<Special Award>
- “Doyo Wide Gekijo 35-Shuunen”

<Newcomers of the Year>
- Sometani Shota
- Ono Machiko
- Matsuzaka Tori
- Takei Emi
- Moriyama Mirai
- Maki Yoko

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... he-elan-dor-awards/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:32 AM | Show all posts
Voice actress Hikasa Yoko to release her solo debut single in May

Popular voice actress Hikasa Yoko who is known for the voice of “Akiyama Mio” from the big hit anime “K-ON!“, will be making a solo debut with her first single “Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai.”

Not only is she voicing many popular characters in anime, Hikasa has also participated in many big hit character songs, such as in “Houkago Tea Time” (the 5-piece band consisting of the “K-ON!” characters).

Her solo debut single “Utsukushiki Zankoku na Sekai” has already been chosen as the ending theme song for anime “Shingeki no Kyojin“. The anime is set to start airing in April and scheduled for release on May 8th.

It was also announced that she would release her second single titled “Owaranai Uta” that will be the theme song for anime film “Haru” on June 5th, as well as a collaboration album (currently untitled) on July 17th.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... ebut-single-in-may/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2013 12:34 AM | Show all posts
Akashiya Sanma featured on FUNKY MONKEY BABYS’ jacket cover for last single

As announced previously, FUNKY MONKEY BABYS (aka Fan-mon) who will disband after their live concert at Tokyo Dome on June 1st and 2nd, will be releasing their last single titled “Arigatou” on February 27th. It was recently revealed that the jacket cover and music video for the last single features comedian Akashiya Sanma.

Sanma’s appearance on the cover was made possible when Fan-mon first appeared on Sanma’s talk show “Sanma no Manma” back in December of 2011. On the show, Sanma told Fan-mon how he wanted to be on their cover, and how he was envious when he saw Ueda Shinya (of comedian duo “Cream Stew”) featured on the cover of their single “Soredemo Shinjiteru/Love Letter“. Sanma then negotiated with the members to let him appear on the cover on the show. 2 years later, Fan-mon offered Sanma a chance to do so.

Sanma who met again with Fan-mon at the shooting, said, “I regret it now. You don’t take anything serious if I say ‘Let me be the cover jacket’ on the shoot, unless I say it behind the scenes. So I was surprised when I got an offer, since I had little dream that they would take it seriously.” To respond the comment, Funky Kato said, “We completely took it seriously! In a sense, we appeared on the show to make a verbal promise with you.” Then Sanma said, “I was like ‘Oh no~, but I guess it’s fine since it would be finished after taking couple of photos,’ but a staff member came over for a meeting, and said, ‘we will leave Tokyo at 8 am, and the shooting will end at 7 pm.’ So I was thinking, ‘Why would it take that long to take pictures? How slow do they have to press the shutter button!’, but I did not think there would be a filming for PV…”

Funky Kato also explained about the last single “Arigatou” saying, “We put so much of our gratitude toward the fans who have supported us until now, as well as the staff members.” Sanma agreed him, and said, “I’m sure they just wanted to tell how thankful they are to people, and I guess only the word ‘Arigatou’ comes to their minds, no matter how much they want to express other messages. It’s all about their ‘Arigatou’ feeling after all. It sure is a great word that hits the hearts of us Japanese.”

The PV, which Sanma stars in, is scheduled to be released next week.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... er-for-last-single/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

14-5-2024 06:41 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.088589 second(s), 41 queries .