123Next
Return to list New
View: 14778|Reply: 46

Celebrities Admit Their Plastic Surgery Regrets

[Copy link]
Post time 27-7-2012 09:42 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Not all cosmetic enhancements turned out the way these celebs wanted

jessica simpson
The about-to-give-birth star is used to defending herself against tabloid body snarking -- but when it comes to her ill-advised lip injections, Jessica Simpson is her own worst critic. "I had that Restylane stuff. It looked fake to me," Simpson told Glamour in 2006. "I didn't like that. But it went away in, like, four months. My lips are back to what they were. Thank God!" The 31-year-old singer has left her "trout pout" in the past, and recently denied rumors that she was considering a breast reduction. "Not to worry… I LOVE MY BOOBIES!" she tweeted last November. "They aren't going anywhere!"

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 09:43 AM | Show all posts

courteney cox
To keep herself in cougariffic shape, Courteney Cox, 47, occasionally gets a little boost from facial fillers. She has described Botox as "fantastic and also horrible" -- and one of her experiences definitely falls into the latter camp. "I feel weird if I can't move my face, and that one time I overdid it, I felt trapped in my own skin," the Cougar Town actress told In Style in 2010. Since then, she's learned to practice moderation. "Compared to most, I use (Botox) very sparingly," she swears.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 09:43 AM | Show all posts

denise richards
You'd never know it from her Playboy photos, but Denise Richards has a history of botched boob jobs. At age 19, she woke up from surgery to find that the doctor had given her larger implants than she'd asked for. "I was in such a hurry to get them that I didn't research my doctor," she explained to Us Weekly in 2011. When she went to a second surgeon to correct the error, it happened again -- and she was stuck with even bigger implants. "I felt very vulnerable," Richards told the magazine. "I was getting ready to film Wild Things, and I didn't want to get into a lawsuit with some plastic surgeon. It wasn't right what the doctor did, but it is what it is." Now 41, Richards finally has the breasts she wanted in the first place. "This is the size I wanted them to look at 19!" she says of her current implants. "There's a long investment with breast implants. They're not going to last a lifetime and things can go wrong."

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 09:44 AM | Show all posts

joan rivers
As she approaches her 79th birthday, Joan Rivers claims she's had plastic surgery 739 times and spent over $80,000. Is she joking? Hard to say! "Every weekend I just go in and I do something new. I get a tenth one free," she quipped to Anderson Cooper in 2012. Her habit is so extreme that her daughter Melissa attempted (unsuccessfully) to stage an intervention on their reality show, Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?. But even though the comedienne has "done a little bit of everything," she wouldn't recommend it all. In 2009, Joan told People that she regrets getting liposuction. "I didn't check out the doctor and the result wasn't smooth," she admitted.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 09:44 AM | Show all posts

cher
Famous since the age of 19, Cher freely admits that she's tried to turn back time with plastic surgery. After her daughter Chastity (now Chaz) was born in 1969, the pop music legend sprang for breast implants, saying, "They got so much bigger and I couldn't bear to see them deflate." But she wasn't happy with the results. "My breast operations were a nightmare," she told People back in 1992. "They were really botched in every way. If anything, they were worse after than before." That experience obviously didn't sour her on plastic surgery forever. Now 65, Cher admits to having several nips and tucks, including a nose job and a face lift. Yet she says that most rumors of her cosmetic enhancements -- like the story that she had a rib removed to make her waist smaller -- are silly. "I have become the plastic surgery poster girl. It bothers me sometimes, but not enough to hold back my progress," she said in 2006

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 09:45 AM | Show all posts

jane fonda
For most of her life, Jane Fonda was an outspoken opponent of plastic surgery. "We've got to make friends with those wrinkles and the sags and the gray hairs," she told People in 1984. So when she eventually decided to have her eyes and neck done at age 72 she was a bit conflicted about the experience. "I caved," Fonda explained to Larry King in 2010. "If I was really brave, I would have not. I vowed I wouldn’t -- I did, and I don’t feel proud of it." Though she accomplished her goal of looking less "tired," Fonda, 74, is hardly a plastic surgery convert. "It made me look more like I feel," the actress told People in 2011. "But I don't want to do it again."

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 27-7-2012 09:45 AM | Show all posts

carmen electra
Even though she got her big break posing for Playboy, Carmen Electra felt the need to enhance her natural curves. In 2010, she confessed that she'd had breast implants "over ten years ago," taking her from a 32B to a DD -- but if she could do it over again, she would leave well enough alone. "I didn't want to go as big as that," Electra, now 39 told Fabulous magazine. "It's nice that I don't have to wear a push-up bra any more, but I could have left myself alone. I think I was fine the way I was. I had nice breasts before -- though they were small." Though she didn't feel comfortable with her new breasts, Carmen's then-husband Dave Navarro convinced her to keep them -- and even prodded her to go under the knife again. "No way, they're big enough!" Electra replied.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 09:46 AM | Show all posts

emmanuelle beart
Even famously beautiful young women are under pressure to get plastic surgery these days. Such was the case for French stunner Emmanuelle Beart, who co-starred with Tom Cruise in Mission: Impossible. Now 48, the actress had her lip enhancement in 1990 -- and has deeply regretted it ever since. "I had my mouth done at 27. It was botched," Beart confessed to Le Monde in 2012. After living with the results of a "trout pout," Beart no longer believes there is such a thing as a harmless touch-up. "Today I would say, 'I am against plastic surgery,'" she says. "It’s a grave act. An act that touches our soul. It was frightening."

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

lisa rinna
Lisa Rinna once said that her silicone-enhanced upper lip “made me who I am.” So why did the former Melrose Place star and Dancing With the Stars alum undergo a painful lip reduction in 2010? Rinna, 47, says that her first lip surgery ended badly: After two decades, the hardening silicone and scar tissue put ugly bumps in her perfect pout. Although Rinna says she’s happy with the reduction -- "My lip has no lumps! It's smooth," she raved after the procedure -- the change required 42 corrective stitches in her lip. (Youch!) Her new lips even drew praise on Celebrity Apprentice from Donald Trump, who announced in the boardroom during the March 13 episode that he liked her lips "a lot better now than I did a year ago” and telling her "You are so much more beautiful.” Then he fired her.

Use magic Report

nicole kidman
Rumors have flown for years that Kidman, who was nominated this year for an Oscar for her role in this year's "Rabbit Hole," was using something on her seemingly never-aging face.  But -- until recently -- she's denied them. In an interview earlier this year with the German magazine TV Movie, Kidman finally admitted she's used Botox. But she says she wasn't happy with the results. "I didn't like how my face looked afterwards," she says. "Now I don't use it anymore -- I can move my forehead again!"

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 09:47 AM | Show all posts

kourtney kardashian
There are some things that just shouldn’t be done on a whim, as Kourtney Kardashian learned the hard way. The celebutante, and co-star of the new reality show Kourtney & Kim Take New York, has confessed that she had her breasts increased from a B-cup to a C-cup on impulse when she was 22. “I just got the idea in my head one day, and that was that. There was no talking me out of it,” she recalls. “It was so dumb.” By the time she reached age 30, Keeping Up With the Kardashians had made Kourtney a star -- and her augmented breasts were causing her serious discomfort, especially when lying down. “They don’t feel like part of my body. If I’d researched it, I probably wouldn’t have gotten a boob job,” Kardashian has said.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 10:02 AM | Show all posts

heidi montag
In January 2010, Heidi Montag earned a special place in the celebrity plastic surgery hall of shame. That’s when she revealed her new, almost unrecognizable face and body: the result of 10 cosmetic procedures in one day. “I've never felt more beautiful and sexier,” gushed the star of The Hills. “I didn't know I could have this much confidence.” But the extreme changes -- including liposuction, breast and butt implants, a forehead lift and a chin reduction, to name just a few -- soon took their toll. Toward the end of the year, Montag revealed the scars, lumps and bald spots that remained as a result of the surgery. She also complained of pain and discomfort from her size G breasts. "I would love to not be 'plastic girl' or whatever they call me,” Montag told Life & Style. “Surgery ruined my career and my personal life and just brought a lot of negativity into my world. I wish I could jump into a time machine and take it all back. Instead, I'm always going to feel like Edward Scissorhands."

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 10:02 AM | Show all posts

jennifer grey
Jennifer Grey’s too-extreme nose job is one of the worst plastic surgery decisions in Hollywood history -- and she knows it. Grey, 50, has said that she just wanted to remove the distinctive bump on her nose, but instead she emerged with a different face entirely. "I went in the operating theatre a celebrity -- and came out anonymous,” says the Dirty Dancing star. "I'll always be this once-famous actress nobody recognizes... because of a nose job." For a while, the unrecognizable actress even considered changing her name and re-starting her career entirely! Thankfully, Grey got her celebrity cred back last year, when she became a Dancing With the Stars champion. See? Nobody puts baby in a corner!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 10:03 AM | Show all posts

bruce jenner
Even an Olympic gold medal winner can’t stay young forever! Bruce Jenner, former track and field star and current stepdad to the Kardashian sisters, went under the knife 25 years ago. When Jenner re-entered the public eye on Keeping Up With the Kardashians his painfully obvious facelift and nose job became the butt of jokes. "Unfortunately, the result wasn't what Bruce had hoped for and for years since then he has been the victim of cruel taunts from the media,” Kim Kardashian wrote on her blog. For his sixtieth birthday in 2009, Jenner decided to correct the damage with a second facelift. He showed off the new and improved results on -- where else? -- an episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 10:04 AM | Show all posts

kenny rogers
The singer of “The Gambler” made a bad bet when he decided to get his eyes done in 2005. Country legend Kenny Rogers, who admits to multiple cosmetic procedures, wasn’t happy when his plastic surgeon gave his eyes a permanently startled look. “I kind of wish I hadn’t done it,” Rogers, 72, said in 2008. “Looking back at some pictures of myself, my eyes were a lot warmer than they are now, and I miss that.” But although gossips have spent a lot of time dwelling on Rogers’ face, the singer himself takes a more Zen attitude. “As you go through life, you make choices,” he says of the surgery. “Some are good, some are bad.”

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 10:04 AM | Show all posts

jamie lee curtis
Jamie Lee Curtis built her acting career on a killer sense of humor and a perfect body. As she reached her forties, her sense of humor remained intact, but she boldly revealed that her body wasn’t so perfect. “I've had a little lipo, I've had a little Botox,” said Curtis, who posed without make-up in More in 2002. “And you know what? None of it works… Nobody tells you if you take fat from your body in one place, it comes back in another place.” Curtis, 52, swears that plastic surgery never helped her -- in fact, she “looked worse” after going under the knife. From here on out the actress is committed to aging naturally -- and we have to say, she looks fabulous!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 10:05 AM | Show all posts

mickey rourke
When he decided to become a professional boxer in 1991, Mickey Rourke sacrificed his acting career -- and his photogenic face. When the former heartthrob came back to Hollywood in the ‘00s, he said that his asymmetrical face was a result of boxing injuries. But in 2009, he admitted that plastic surgery had something to do with it. “Most of it was to mend the mess of my face because of the boxing, but I went to the wrong guy to put my face back together,” said Rourke, 58. The actor eventually learned to use his damaged face to his advantage in films like Sin City and The Wrestler.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 10:06 AM | Show all posts

kathy griffin
She’s a very funny lady, but Kathy Griffin isn’t joking about the surgical procedure that nearly killed her. In her 2009 memoir Official Book Club Selection, the comedienne published gory photos of a botched liposuction that left her looking “like a CSI crime-scene photo.” Griffin, 50, says she released the pictures as a public service: “I want women to know when you get liposuction trying to be Jennifer Aniston, this is what it really looks like.” The bold celebrity also admits to getting a nose job at age 26 -- which, she says now, did absolutely nothing to help her career.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 10:06 AM | Show all posts

dana delany
A lot of celebs have come out recently to say that they regret using Botox. Dana Delany, however, has a Botox horror story that tops them all. In 2003, her dermatologist recommended the injection -- then hit a nerve in her forehead. “The nerve has been dead ever since,” the Desperate Housewives actress confessed in 2010. “It affected the muscle in my right eye, so my eye has started to droop a little bit.” Delany, 54, immediately swore off surgery and injectables. The only anti-aging trick she uses now is hair dye!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-7-2012 10:07 AM | Show all posts

pamela anderson
Pamela Anderson has always been known for her Barbie-doll figure, which occasionally seems to defy gravity. But the model and actress seems to have a love-hate relationship with her surgically enhanced chest. In 1999, just five years after Baywatch made her a superstar, Anderson had her famous implants removed. “I just wanted my body to return to its original state,” she said at the time. That “original state” was short-lived; in 2004, Anderson had her breasts re-augmented, with even bigger implants. Now Pam says she’s done making dramatic changes to her figure. “I’m not against plastic surgery, what I’ve had done will stay with me and that’s fine, but I don’t want anything else,” she said in the January 2011 issue of Playboy.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-10-2024 05:30 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.066971 second(s), 31 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.