CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 756|Reply: 0

[Miscellaneous] Navigating the Balance

[Copy link]
Post time 25-4-2024 03:10 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
One Challenging Point often Discusses Related to the Duty of Care is the Balance Between Individual Rights and Community Safety. Speaking of the caregiving and support sector, when I try to describe dilemmas that may arise between the duty of care and an individual’s rights that often have a sensitive branch, I find myself travelling through issues that can’t be separated by the lines between the care of somebody else and his autonomy. What might be a serious problem is that a person’s actions or decisions may canter the usual life order and begin to pose a threat to health, but the person with the limitless ambition to gain absolute power confirm their power over his life. It is a wobbly tightrope walk for me which I must undertake keeping a balance between safety and limitation of the rights and diginity of the prisoners. This balancing act which requires a complex method operates not only through open communication, empathy but also under a deeper understanding of the person's values and preferences. On the other hand, it could be at other times the case of being resourceful by recognizing that the two can be mutually complementary instead of viewed as mutually exclusive, through means of shared decision-making or identifying alternative options that strike a balance between the two. Nevertheless, there are some points that obvious line becomes less clear, and in such situations hard choices must to be taken evaluating probable side effect against the basic human rights. It constitutes an ongoing ethical predicament, when doctor's primary endeavor is not only to attend to the needs of a patient but also to safeguard their dignity in the process of treating them.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

7-5-2024 05:42 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.052715 second(s), 27 queries .