CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3242|Reply: 1

[Tempatan] "That's just suspicion. I suspect that you met someone a while ago...I suspect. If you suspect, you can't use it," - Mohamad Sabu

[Copy link]
Post time 8-9-2023 11:14 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Make formal complaint and show proof of rice packaging switch, says Mat Sabu
By Fahmy A Rosli - September 7, 2023 @ 4:33pm

Agriculture and Food Security minister, Datuk Seri Mohamad Sabu speaks to reporters after the dialogue session in Serdang. -NSTP/HAZREEN MOHAMAD

SERDANG: The Agriculture and Food Security minister, Datuk Seri Mohamad Sabu, demands that those who claim that local white rice has been packaged and sold off as imported rice to provide evidence.

He also urges anyone with information about these claims to come forward and make formal complaints to his office for further action.

"If there is any evidence, please bring it and make an official complaint," he said at a press conference after the 2024 Budget Dialogue for the Rice and Paddy Sector with industry players and stakeholders at the Malaysian Agricultural Research and Development Institute (Mardi) here today.

Also present was the director-general of the Paddy and Rice supervision, Datuk Azman Mahmood.

Previously, Berita Harian reported that Mohamad Sabu suspected the existence of manipulation in the supply of local white rice by changing its packaging to imported rice bags. According to Mohamad Sabu, this action is believed to have been taken by a few irresponsible parties to gain easy profits.

Commenting on his earlier statement about suspecting the switching of packaging from local white rice to imported rice bags, Mohamad Sabu said it was just an initial observation conducted by his office.

"That's just suspicion. I suspect that you met someone a while ago...I suspect. If you suspect, you can't use it," he said.

Meanwhile, discussing the rice dialogue held today, Mohamad Sabu said that many issues related to rice and paddy were raised to assist stakeholders in the sector in producing better outputs in the future. These issues include subsidies, insufficient irrigation, price control of pesticides and fertilisers.

The dialogue today saw a lively exchange of views, advice and criticism on the country's rice and paddy situation as many parties were present.

"I saw for myself the atmosphere of today's dialogue, attended by top officials from the Agriculture and Food Security ministry and also from the Finance ministry (MOF), who were invited to listen, especially about rice, paddy and food security in the country," he said.

"Today's meeting is held in preparation for the 2024 Budget, which will be presented in October. This engagement is organised by all ministries to obtain information, especially from those directly involved in the rice and paddy industry," he added.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 8-9-2023 11:55 AM | Show all posts
Teringat lawak bang mat yang membawa kejatuhan Najib. Tiber.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

7-5-2024 10:44 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.050531 second(s), 27 queries .