CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 146|Reply: 0

Packers expected to use franchise tag on

[Copy link]
Post time 2-6-2023 12:03 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
' future continues to be a mystery, but it appears that is destined to receive the ' franchise tag that will ensure his return to Green Bay in 2022. The Packers are expected to tag Adams between now and the March 8 deadline, ESPN's Rob Demovsky.Applying the tag would give the two sides until July 15 to come  Jeremy Lamb Jersey to terms on a long-term contract. Adams would take home roughly $19 million next season -- all guaranteed -- if he plays under the tag. The two sides of since the end of the 2021 season, according to Tom Silverstein of the .Apparently, Adams and the Packers are in a holding pattern as it relates to Rodgers, who has yet to make a decision on if and where he will play next season. If Rodgers leaves, there may be le s incentive for the Packers to keep Adams on the roster. If Rodgers stays, it will surely mean that Adams will be back in the fold as well.Green Bay general manager Brian Gutekunst discu sed the futures of both Rodgers and Adams earlier this week. A day after Rodgers said that he with the Packers' bra s, Gutekunst said that he and Rodgers agreed last summer to "sit down and  Jalen Lecque Jersey work it out one way or another" during this offseason. Gutekunst added that a potential trade was never promised to Rodgers.  Gutekunst said that he is "very confident" that the Packers will be able to field a competitive team should Rodgers and Adam return despite the T. J. Leaf Jersey  team's current salary cap i sues. Green Bay, which was an estimated $42.7 million over the cap at the start of the week, cleared significant space by restructuring defensive lineman contract. reportedly saved the team roughly $10.8 million in cap space. The team then saved an additional $3 million after running back .If he is tagged, Adams will likely return to Green Bay unle s the team would decide to trade him between now and the start of the season. Adams spent the first eight years of his career with the Packers after being the 53rd overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. A Pro Bowler each of the past five years and an All-Pro the past two seasons, Adams is second in franchise history in receptions (669), fourth in yards (8,121) and second in touchdowns (73).While he did not offer a specific time on when he will make a decision on next season, Rodgers said on Tuesday that he hopes it will be a swift proce s between him and the Packers' organization. Rodgers, 38, is coming off a 2021 campaign in which he won his fourth league MVP award and his second in as many years.  "I am looking forward  Myles Turner Jersey to making the decision and moving forward. I think it's best for me, it's best for the team, and it's best for all parties involved to get this behind us," he said during an appearance on . "I've obviously had  Jermaine O'Neal Jersey thoughts about it and have had thoughts throughout the season and throughout the offseason even during Panchakarma . There's conversations to be had and a few more things to contemplate, but it won't be long. I'm not going to hold anyone hostage in this. I'm not going to do that. Obviously, I want to feel a sertive about it and when I do I'll make a decision and we'll move on and move forward."

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

6-5-2024 07:35 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057981 second(s), 27 queries .