CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 128|Reply: 0

NFL officiating history Maia Chaka becom

[Copy link]
Post time 2-6-2023 11:49 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Maia Chaka has made history. As of late, the NFL has taken up the mantle in working pa sionately to stimulate equality in its ranks. That includes making sure  Evan Fournier Jersey the world understands women are not only welcome in the sport of football, but that they can and are already an integral part of its increasingly growing succe s. In 2020, the spotlight was on a staff when looking to make a name for themselves on NFL coaching staffs, and also Sarah Thomas, .Chaka made her own footprint in the history books. When the lined up to take on the on Sunday, she officially became the first Black woman to officiate an NFL game."It's a privilege that I've been chosen to represent women and women of color in the most popular sport in America," Chaka  Mo Bamba Jersey said via an official NFL post ahead of the game.Chaka was just the third on-field female official in the NFL after Thomas and Shannon Eastin, a monumental achievement when considering Dwayne Bacon Jersey  the NFL is more than 100 years old.  "I am honored to be selected as an NFL official," Chaka said in an earlier this offseason. "But this moment is bigger than a personal accomplishment. It is an accomplishment for all women, my community, and my culture."Selected in 2014 as a part of the league's officiating development program, Chaka has earned the right to be exactly where she is today. She's been a health and physical education teacher at Renai sance Academy in Virginia Beach, Virginia, since 2006, per , forced to adapt based on the rabid impact of the raging  Chuma Okeke Jersey COVID-19 pandemic; and was able to succe sfully do so while also balancing the weight of helping family displaced by a weather emergency.  Despite it all, she continued to excel in the league's program Aaron Gordon Jersey  as Troy Vincent, Senior NFL Executive Vice President of Football Operations, pointed out this past spring."Maia's years of hard work, dedication and perseverance -- including as part of the NFL Officiating Development Program -- have earned her a position as an NFL official," in March. "As we celebrate Women's History Month, Maia is a trailblazer as the first Black female official and inspires us toward normalizing women on the football field."

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

7-5-2024 12:05 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.051445 second(s), 27 queries .