CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 6247|Reply: 16

Have your say - Why is education is very very important?

[Copy link]
Post time 7-2-2010 02:43 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Post Last Edit by Icahn at 4-10-2010 12:28

Have your say - Why is education is very very important?

All of us are usually fed with a story about how Bill Gates, SteveJobs, Syed Mokhtar etc can succeed altho they are dropouts from universities.What most of motivators who fed us these stories failed to realize isthat most of these people have a very solid education backgroud b4dropping out ( Bill Gates went to Harvard for god's sake! )

Monday, June 1, 2009Education is very importantRecently,I read an article about this very self-conceited secondary 5student whoclaims to earn more than $5000 a month and implies that heis veryarrogant and nothing short of condescending.

I quote:” For those who do not know, education is not everything.”

What the hell?

Heclaims that he set up this website through which he sells magicitemsor performs or whatever not. He claims that he earns $5000throughthis. Good for him. But I highly question whether he has theability todo that.

Seriously speaking, if he has no prior education, howcould he have setup that website? Even if he had friends who helpedhim set it up, was itnot important then, that someone had learnt itsomewhere and set it upon his behalf? Just because he had the capitalto employ someone withthe knowledge to do it for him doesn’t equate toit being unimportant.

And for that, he claims that degreeholders are earning about $3000 to$5000 a month, whereas he can earnup to $5000 a month. That only showhow uninformed he is. Yes, it maybe true that some degree holders earnthat little as a starting pay.But that doesn’t mean that they will onlyearn that much.

Companiesvalue talents. Yes, they might value their workers’ attitudeandability more than anything else. A degree shows that you are capableofit, and the rest depends on yourself after that. But in thefirstplace, the first thing that gets you to it is the degree.

Forone, if education is that unimportant, I would not be laughing athisinability to express himself. His language will only make himselfafool. I quote from the boss of magic boutique:
“guess I’ll startwith the first glaring fact that he mispelt the word‘compulsory’ andthat there’s a spacing between IN and FACT. *grin* LOL.See, goodeducation is important if you want people to take what yousayseriously. Spelling, sentence structure, flow of thoughtandpresentation… the works.”
http://www.magicboutique.sg/blog.php?paged=2

IfI have somehow gotten the idea that education is unimportantacrossbefore, then I have been sadly misunderstood. Education isimportant.What I wanted to get across is the idea that after you getout to work,past education is not as relevant, and can be taken intolessconsideration.

I define education as the things one learns,through all means andmethods possible. Although I feel that educationsystems might beineffective (more due to the examination system thananything else), thefact remains that it is still very important.

Ifeducation is not important, he probably would not even know howtospeak properly. Not that I’m sure that he can right now, buthisability to read and write (although very sadly inadequate andinfluent)shows that education is so very important.

In essence, the veryexistence of life proves how important educationis. Without education,we probably might not even know how to eat, howto feed ourselves, andwe would have become extinct millions of yearsago.

It is so ridiculous that he claims to be able to advise others financially:
"Be financially free! Ask me how or pick up the book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki at your local book stores now!"

I doubt he even knows how much bills his parents pay monthly.

from :http://yqng-thoughts.blogspot.co ... very-important.html

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 7-2-2010 02:44 PM | Show all posts
Why education is very important to the student?

it help us to be succeed!

Use magic Report

Post time 7-2-2010 03:17 PM | Show all posts
we can make IMPOSSIBLES becomes NOTHING....

Use magic Report

Post time 8-2-2010 10:10 AM | Show all posts
Why education is very important to the student?

Icahn Post at 7-2-2010 14:44

it helps to earn MORE money and be somebody

Use magic Report

Post time 8-2-2010 09:26 PM | Show all posts
When we discuss about education the key word is KNOWLEDGE.
Be it tacit which related to hands on or or explicit which is statistically proven.Both are equally important...now the question is why is it IMPORTANT? Certainly it is, knowledge make us move forward from ding dong to perfection,  but to me educated means knowledgeable irrespective in whatever platform that the person is sitting.
When we said that someone is educated, we often assume that it is explicitly proven with certain endorsement by a third party. We call that educated on the 21st centuries.
There are also educated people in respective field which taught us how to lead a life which is way way more important. Prophet is a simple example. If he does not have education, and if h is not educated, and he is not knowledgeable, then imagine how terrible we are in terms of knowing the creator and impose a certain ethics in our journey to god. We might not reaching our destination. There are some human being that is being educate by mysterious resource.
What I'm trying to conclude is obviously education is important but not all education require explicit evidence. It's paradigm shift....

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2010 02:38 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by tabasco at 23-2-2010 02:40

define the education for me?the way you see it is different from others.some may receive a formal education and some are prefer to home school their kids.still they get the same knowledge.from we were in primary school until we are become graduates we learned the same thing,we received the same input,we do presentation,we make mistakes, we paid the same school fees.but what make us different is HOW we make use of the knowledge,HOW you see the world from your own eyes and how you can change the world.that is actually what Bill Gates, Syed Mokhtar and other successors try to tell us, not to prove that even a dropout college guy can success.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 8-3-2010 04:55 PM | Show all posts
Ehmmm!

Ekceli the key word is 'berilmu'....

Ilmu boleh dicari dimana2 ....tak semestinya pergi ke sekolah tu seseorang tu sudah berilmu..ada gak pelajar g sekolah g main2 saja...buang duit ibubapa yg hidup susah!..then..tidak berjaya di dalam pelajaran dan tidak berilmu!..sungguh menyedihkan!

Berdasarkan kepada cerita2 pengalaman2 orang2 yg berjaya...kata kunci mereka sebenarnya adalah 'keinsafan' daripada kemiskinan keluarga masing2.

Daripada keinsafan itulah wujudnya daya gerakan untuk memotivasikan diri supaya boleh bebas daripada kemiskinan dan berusaha keras untuk menjadi seorang yg berilmu dan berjaya!

Seseorang itu tidak akan berjaya sekiranya tidak berilmu!...

Thats all i want to say!...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 11-3-2010 12:42 PM | Show all posts
ilmu mmg sangat penting...

skrg kalo nak beborak kite boleh kenal depa

berilmu atau tak...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-3-2010 12:56 AM | Show all posts
empty vessels make the most noise..
education make u think before u talk......

Use magic Report

Post time 16-3-2010 12:06 PM | Show all posts
education boleh jadi byk cabang n juge datang dari byk cabang tapi yang paling obvious ialah org yang guna apa dia belajar hatta cara ape dia belajar sekali pun.

lessons in life sometimes are not obtained from havard or cambridge but from environments.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-3-2010 09:26 AM | Show all posts
mak aku x pernah jemu berpesan

mak cuma boleh anta ko belajar, tu je yg mak leh bagi
yg lain tu ko cari la sendiri

now i know that she meant for me to get an education so that i can gain knowledge

dengan pelajaran mungkin hidup kita lebih baik
tp dengan ilmu hidup kita akan lebih teratur

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 5-4-2010 10:48 PM | Show all posts
org yg x pernah sekolah sentisa mengngatkan supaya belajar sampai mana yg boleh, jgn jadi cam dia kerja perah tulang 4 kerat. kerja perah tulang tenaga  tak sama bekerja pakai otak berfikir .

Use magic Report

Post time 17-6-2010 11:16 PM | Show all posts
hari ini tengok filem 3 idiot, dlm citer tu dia mencari ilmu pengetahuan bukan segulung ijazah, org belajar sbb nk mendapat kehidupan lebih baik dgn segulung ijazah, dia belajr untk pengetahuan bkn segulung ijazah (dlm citer tu dia belajr pakai identiti org lain, org tu upah dia untk dptkn ijzah, dan dia dpt ilmu pengetahuan) so sama ada education or knowldege more important, n dia aplikasikan knowldege dia dlm kehidupan

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2010 09:19 AM | Show all posts
hari ini tengok filem 3 idiot, dlm citer tu dia mencari ilmu pengetahuan bukan segulung ijazah, org  ...
B.K Post at 17-6-2010 10:16 PM

baru tengok hafway..peminat Amir kan..tapi best gak mesej dia tentang education..lawak Amir pasal kes definition tu..brilliant..

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2010 07:40 PM | Show all posts
education teaches us to be thoughtful, to have good manners, to be socially responsible citizens. it's not just about getting good pay. he misses the point completely.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2010 02:50 PM | Show all posts
education is life
life is education...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-6-2022 01:04 AM | Show all posts
Hello everyone, I want my child to study in a US school. There is more promising training, which in the future will give him more opportunities. Perhaps someone can elaborate on this, what should I expect?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-4-2024 05:21 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070764 second(s), 48 queries .