Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 7255|Reply: 48

...SPIRITUALITI...

[Copy link]
Post time 22-3-2008 08:59 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
bukannya keagamaan, sebaliknya bagaimana mempertingkatkan diri...

-OPRAH

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-3-2008 10:12 AM | Show all posts

Reply #1 seribulan's post

caner tuh?

Use magic Report

Post time 22-3-2008 10:50 AM | Show all posts
xphm la..

Use magic Report

Post time 22-3-2008 11:24 PM | Show all posts
People always equate or at least relate religion with spirituality. However the relation between religion and spirituality is not that simple.

Someone may be religious, but not spiritual.

Someone may be deeply spiritual but not very religious.

You can see all those religious people of different religion who think they are better than others, who spread hate and anger while mantaining those "holier than thou" attitude.

On a side note, lately I've been thinking of some post,  procrastinating in posting those post, and爐hen爁ound爋ut爐hat爏omeone燼lready爌ost燼bout爐hat thing.燣ot's爋f燾oincidence.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 23-3-2008 08:53 PM | Show all posts
u cannot touch wind.. but u can feel it

u cannot touch air u breath but u can feel the air

u cannot touch smell good from blossoming flowers..but u can feel it

what make u can feel all that is THE COMBINATION of mind body and soul

spiritual = untouchable

non spiritual = touchable

a spiritual person is a person full of emotion i.e. passionate and yet temperance

the most important thing is about BALANCING, mind body and soul

for the body we have the brain to think, for spirit we must have soul which is directed by CONSCIENCE

key word is balance.

ikut hati binasa, ikut akal sengal..ikut hati dan akal baru ler sempurna.

someone said ' i got the feeling' or ' i feel bad about this..' or ' i can feel it'.. this is happening because mind body and soul work together..got hunch, got butterfly in tummy, got an inspiration etc. without touching , merely think and feel (growing)

to be spiritual need A STRONG FOCUS. all problems in this REAL WORLD can be solved , if we think hard and focus, the spirit will convey the message to us , in our dream, in our ideas, in our hunch and soul (conscience) will make sure it is the rught thing to do (clear conscience, so u become CONFIDENT).

nabi turun bukan bawak religion, nabi turun SEMPURNAKAN religion.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2008 11:30 AM | Show all posts
love..
Spirituality is easily identified in people who are active in showing love, concern, and generosity to others

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 24-3-2008 03:03 PM | Show all posts

Reply #6 batman_2007's post

I like the love connection.

Love plays a major role in spirituality.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2008 06:51 PM | Show all posts
but then love is such a higher price to pay..........

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-3-2008 09:21 PM | Show all posts

Reply #8 mbhcsf's post

What price?

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2008 09:54 PM | Show all posts
u would want to be loved but the aftermath is ..u know ... in return ya allah .... it could either go this way being hurt and being truly loved.... it 's the stakes lah. To love something i am sure is pretty rewarding  even that entity of affection is not even  a human  , like it can be just a mere  a discipline, losing it ya allah ...it cut so deep though it  merely just inanimate entity,  but what  if a person a human being do that to you?

ntah lah i think iam the kind of person yg when i loved a person i really show it but when it comes nauzubillah to losing it then ..i think i will not cry over it kot coz that love is so numbing that you could not even feel that you being hurt...but then ..ntah ..but it must be with full of sincerity , based on the right reason and attitute , laid beliefs etc..

Sherlock Holmes  had once said to his esteemed colleague ( shall i say )  or companion, dr Watson ..when i love a person i'll make sure that when i passed away , that lady will not be finding other man like me...
so..ntahlah love is a provision...that's what i  believe so it can't be taken lightly..
and Irene Adler was so lucky ...yep in that sense

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2008 10:02 PM | Show all posts

Reply #10 mbhcsf's post

but da, it's not that we want to be loved, it's that we want to love.

True happiness can only comes from being loving. Not from neing loved.

For spirtual love, agape?

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2008 11:13 PM | Show all posts

hmm...talk about love

well ...it does not matter lah Agul to be either  the passive receiver or the active giving party..
but i guess the true giver of Love to a certain extend needed  to or at least being made aware somehow that that the "conveyed" loved being appreaciated as human as supposed ...
love -- should be unidirectional?
non reciprocate or ....???

another question would be

then how about the famous saying of there should be a giving and taking element in love , in relationship...if it gonna be unidirectional..

adalah human fitrah manusia begitu?
hanya memberi memanjang...hmmm? to a certain point that giving person somehow i would say is happy of giving love when he/ she  is able to see the rewarding effect it has upon the lives of the one they loved..that in itself is a feedback - conditioning...

so Agul..even loving Allah is bidirectional..he loves human but human needs to love him back, he is FREE of all WAnt but when you love Him then you'll know how and what form the affection is He is conveying to you i guess...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2008 11:14 PM | Show all posts
for spiritual love? i guess the contentment that comes along with it would be a positive nudge enough..

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2008 11:15 PM | Show all posts
that is also stemmed from knowing that ur loved being conveyed - message delivered...

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2008 11:36 PM | Show all posts
Well, here it is - that one subject which I have always found difficult to express. To me, as much as I could understand it for now is all  experience that has nothing to do with the physical world i.e. not recognizable by the 5 senses.

Just how do we gain such experience? Some ppl go through certain rituals such as meditation. To me, it is all trying to be one with your inner self........your essense........eh, your conscience perhaps. I expect this experience to be a calming, peaceful and enlightening.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-3-2008 11:05 AM | Show all posts
Spirituality is the process of being spiritual.  This is how a person talks, listens and works together with the Creator or Higher Power or God.
It is also:
  • Meaning of life
  • Prayer
  • Individual beliefs
  • To honor what is sacred.

Do all people have a spiritual side?
  • Yes, all human beings are spiritual.  It is one of the major parts of who we are: body, mind, emotion and spirit
Is spirituality and organized religion the same?
  • No, religion is a certain way that some people practice their spirituality.  There are many types of religions but our spiritual self is a part of who we are.  We are spiritual beings if we choose a religion or not.
What is organized religion?
  • Organized religion is a group of people who have a specific way to practice their faith, beliefs and teachings.  Many times this follows specific writings. (i.e. Bible)
Is spirituality praying or meditating?
  • Yes, it is both and it is more than that.  It is also when you listen to your inner self, your natural knowing, your spirit guides or guardian angels.
  • It also means relating to sacred things. When you show qualities like love, joy, peace, patience, compassion, wisdom, and intelligence, you are also showing your spirituality.
Can spirituality help in my healing process?
  • Yes, it is a very powerful way to help in the healing process.  People tell stories about been healed from serious physical problems by just prayer alone!

[ Last edited by  leogal_1428 at 25-3-2008 11:14 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-3-2008 11:05 AM | Show all posts
The essence of spirituality is the search to know our true selves, to discover the real nature of consciousness. This quest has been the foundation of all the great spiritual teachings, and the goal of all the great mystics.

[ Last edited by  leogal_1428 at 25-3-2008 11:11 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 25-3-2008 11:08 AM | Show all posts
Talking about spirituality, came accross this great story for us to ponder which also reflects on what i stand:

quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality. .. I wanted to quit my life.
I went to the woods to have one last talk with God.

"God", I said. "Can you give me one good reason not to quit?"

His answer surprised me...
"Look around", He said. "Do you see the fern and the bamboo?"
"Yes", I replied.

When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them.
I gave them light. I gave them water.
The fern quickly grew from the earth.
Its brilliant green covered the floor.
Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed.
But I did not quit on the bamboo.
In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful.
And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed.
But I did not quit on the bamboo. He said.
"In the third year, there was still nothing from the bamboo seed.

But I would not quit. In the fourth year, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed.

"I would not quit." He said. "Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth.

Compared to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant. ..

But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall.

It had spent the five years growing roots.

Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive.

I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle."

He said to me. "Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots."

"I would not quit on the bamboo. I will never quit on you. " Don't compare yourself to others .." He said.

" The bamboo had a different purpose than the fern ... Yet, they both make the forest beautiful."

Your time will come, " God said to me. " You will rise high! " How high should I rise?" I asked.

How high will the bamboo rise?" He asked in return.

"As high as it can? " I questioned.

" Yes. " He said, "Give me glory by rising as high as you can. "

I left the forest and bring back this story.

I hope these words can help you see that God will never give up on you.

He will never give up on you.

Never regret a day in your life.

Good days give you happiness

Bad days give you experiences;

Both are essential to life.

A happy and meaningful life requires our continuous input and creativity.

It does not happen by chance. It happens because of our choices and actions.

And each day we are given new opportunities to choose and act and, in doing so, we create our own unique journey." Keep going...

Happiness keeps you Sweet,
Trials keep you Strong,

Sorrows keep you Human,
Failures keep you humble,

Success keeps You Glowing,

But Only God keeps You Going!

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 3-4-2008 08:00 PM | Show all posts
try reading Dogen's insight to Eastern Phenomenology. i think his essence of Zen teaching is 'to be involved'.
those who studied Dogen must've came across the famous cook anecdote:

'An elderly monk who was the head cook at Mt. Ayuwang, had walked a great distance from the monastry to the ship to buy shiitake mushrooms so that he could offer a special noodle soup to the monks.
Dogen asked the cook to stay for awhile as he thought there must be other monks who could prepare the meal at Ayuwang, but the cook refused to be sidetracked from his duty as the head cook.
When Dogen asked why such a venerable monk was still cooking for others when he could be meditating or studying koans, the cook laughed and told the young Japanese monk that he did not yet understand the true meaning of Zen practice'

Dogen explained that being spiritual is only about meditating and studying things related to religion per se but also to be fully engulfed with our everyday duties.

in islam, the teaching is perfect. work is ibadat, not only solat. it is all about being truthful and istikamah towards a goal. we have to change our attitude and belief system, not only condoning ourselves to the rigidity of akhirat but also to catch up with humanity in the world. we know that the world is not forever but most of our deeds contribute to society. if we did mistakes we made people curse at us which will be written down and we will get our return in akhirat.

to me, spirituality doesnt mean you have to be in a religious system but to adhere to it would be extra.
spirituality is all about being involved and honest in life. do what you like and what you want.
its not about tawakkal 100% but not being involved in the usaha part. i believe usaha then tawakkal.
if we dont help ourselves, God wont

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 4-4-2008 01:04 AM | Show all posts

Reply #19 redsinner's post

I do agree that meditation and religious stuff are not the only means towards one's spirituality but they do comprise  the core of some people's spirituality. I am more inclined to believe that spirituality is more related to one's thoughts, beliefs, inspirations, understanding of truth and stuff that relates to your subconcious perhaps rather than actual physical actions like the daily duties of the living. As we know, that which is within gives rise to that which is without. Hence, our spirituality will effect what we do physically.

Meditation and prayers for example are only rituals that one does to put oneself in the state of mind or condition to facilitate our communication or oneness with our inner self. In a nutshell, our beliefs embedded in the subconscious are also our prayers. If they are strong they can be realised. That is how it may result in healing.

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 4-4-2008 01:08 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

14-5-2024 07:57 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.135066 second(s), 57 queries .