CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2005|Reply: 2

BLAKE LEWIS new album - A.D.D [Audio Day Dream]

[Copy link]
Post time 6-12-2007 10:55 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Album Nie baru jerk kuar kat pasaran.... -kat US la...
kat Malaysia tak tau bila sampai

Apapun....setakat nie aku cum dengar lagu lagu dia kat YouTube
Apa yg aku dengar....aku suka...
mmg ini MUZIK yg BLAKE suka......

I probably akan dptkan dipasaran.

Track Listing
(aku komen yg ak dah dengar jerk)
1. Silence Is Golden... [Intro]
2. Break Anotha .....aku suka...but don't like the chorus
3. Gots To Get Her
4. Know My Name ... okay...
5. How Many Words ... slow sket....but bet
6. Surrender
7. Hate 2 Love Her .... best best bestttt!!!
8. Without You
9. Here's My Hello .........love this song...suppose to be the single
10. What'cha Got 2 Lose? .... best best best....

11. She's Makin' Me Lose It ...pelik sket...ada guna falsetto...but best gakss..
12. Bshorty Grabs Mic!
13. End Of The World
14. 1000 Miles

15. I Got U
16. ..I Choose Noise (Outro)

BLAKE LEWIS. AUDIO DAY DREAM. (Arista)

Is it possible? Has "American Idol" finally spawned a singer whose debut CD you could almost call hip?

Blake Lewis, this year's first runner-up (also known as "that guy who does the annoying human beat-box trick"), has actually come up with an album, "Audio Day Dream," that works perfectly as pop, but which also has a sense of - gasp! - edge.

To pull this off, Lewis found an ideal ally. Much of the CD is produced and co-written by Ryan (Alias) Tedder, he of the hot band Onerepublic. In the last few months, Tedder's group has exploded with a single ("Apologize") that hit No. 1 on Billboard's Pop 100 Song Chart. The band's debut CD, "Dreaming Out Loud," came out last week, with the cachet of a release on Timbaland's imprint.

Together, Tedder and Lewis (with help from others) came up with a strikingly tight, clever and complex sound for this CD. It's dense with cunning little sound effects: synthetic whooshes, bleats and blips, buttressing Lewis' beat-box hiccups and burps. Tedder whipped them all into a rich kaleidoscope of sound, cramming the songs with hooks in every cranny.

Don't worry. There's plenty of melody to balance it out. Genre-wise, the guys drew on funk, synth-pop and hip-hop, with the most blatant role models being Maroon 5. Some songs - the single "Break Anotha" or "Hate 2 Love Her," specifically - could as easily be Maroon, only they're better than anything that woeful band ever released, and they're unblemished by the pinched whine of Maroon's Adam Levine.

There's also far more '80s synth-pop in this album's mix, with many of the electronic instruments seeming to date directly from the period. "Surrender" has the dark synths of old Depeche Mode, but with a modern teen-pop sheen.

"How Many Words" could have been an Erasure ballad, a reference enhanced by Lewis' vocal resemblance to that group's Andy Bell.

In this context, Lewis' hip-hop effects no longer sound like a gimmick, as they did on "Idol." They're well integrated into the jumpy, snapping mix. Lewis even pulls off a credible impersonation of Prince's falsetto in "She's Making Me Lose It."

The singer has made sure to retain the clean-scrubbed character demanded by "Idol." You could still take this voice home to mother.

At the same time, Lewis has hit on the most distinctive sound ever to come from an "Idol" star. As a result, not only has he bested the new CD by the singer who beat him out this year (Jordin Sparks), he also came up with the best album by any "Idol" alum yet.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-12-2007 12:21 AM | Show all posts
aku ske laa lelagu dier..

Use magic Report

Post time 7-12-2007 12:37 AM | Show all posts
Just abis download. x de mase nak dgar lagie though.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

1-5-2024 04:36 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.347011 second(s), 29 queries .