CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2626|Reply: 15

Work Ethics

[Copy link]
Post time 5-9-2007 11:17 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Work ethics .................what do you ubderstand by it and how much of what you understand, you practise ?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-9-2007 08:31 AM | Show all posts
you must have accountability...what you do, you must be responsible...

Use magic Report

Post time 8-9-2007 08:33 AM | Show all posts
From my reading...

....we have to know how to handle people if we want our work to run properly. The more we know about people, the better will we be able to get along....

Use magic Report

Post time 8-9-2007 12:13 PM | Show all posts
Regardless of your job - be accountable everytime, be sincere - Always give your best, Insyaallah the best will be yours.  Being a khalifah - we are accountable for everything we do - Never forget to upgrade yourself 'cos life is about learning - and learning is a never ending process.  There are many ways to upgrade @ to improve - such as through reading, courses - be prepared to accept changes in life - of course changes for a better life.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 8-9-2007 01:05 PM | Show all posts
ramai org masuk forum waktu keje ...one of the reason keje siap jugak tapi ianya tetap bertentangan dgn work ethic...

Use magic Report

Post time 8-9-2007 02:47 PM | Show all posts
work ethics..to me is to be professional.
keep aside personal interests and personal attacks and always on the job.
msn n ym tak digalakkan...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 9-9-2007 11:41 AM | Show all posts
I was beginning to think that this thread was gonna be rather lonely..

Before I jump into the questions myself, I would like to share my understanding of the word or attitude towards 'WORK" first. I am rather surprised to note that my understanding or  attitude, no matter how cluttered it was at the beginning, was never the universal understanding throughout the era of written history. Yes, attitudes towards work have gone through a number of reformations.

In the western world culture had been very much influenced the Judeo-Christian beliefs such that throughout teh Classical and Medieval Periods, work ....hard physical work was disdained.. Reason - that Adam and Eve were evicted from Eden and punished to toil on Earth. Hence the early Hebrew, Greeks and Romans who inherited  their mode of thinking mostly from the Greeks, regarded work as a curse. Even mental labour and mechanical  arts were considered as work and deplored. The cultural norms then sent free people to pursue warfare, large-scale commerce and the arts such as architechture or sculpture. Manual hard work was meant for slaves..................

GTG......! Will be back.

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 9-9-2007 11:42 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 9-9-2007 05:02 PM | Show all posts

Reply #7 hamizao's post

Do continue...

My contribution...

Keep your mouth shut...

The doctrine would certainly help the fish world enormously. In the same way,
in everyday life if something has to be kept confidential keep it confidential. Keep your mouth shut. Resist the temptation to let your friends in on secrets. It may make you feel important. But don't do it...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 13-9-2007 12:01 AM | Show all posts

Reply #8 seribulan's post

Yup, sometime we feel special for knowing confidential things. But it is a great trust put upon us and many concede to the temptations ................

As I was saying, attitudes towards work have gone through various reformations. One very interesting reformation was initiated by Martin Luther who believed that people could still serve God through their work and that a person should also work diligently in their own occupation and should not try to change from the profession to which he was born. To do so so would go against God's laws since, according to him, God assigned each person to his own place in the social hierarchy............kind of differentiating social classes akin ti the Hindu caste system??

John Calvin taught that all men, including the rich, must work....but not to lust over wealth though. In short, due to changes in the economic value system, changing demands due to seasons, availability of materials etc new beliefs about work emerged..........by and by we hear of scientific management, human relations, job enrichment theories and so on and so forth. The workplace is ever changing and with that are new challenges to both employees and management.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 13-9-2007 05:08 PM | Show all posts
more...

Just as saboteurs...undermine bridges, you will undermine all discipline and morale by giving orders direct to people and not to the man whom you have put in charge to take care of the work...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-9-2007 12:32 AM | Show all posts

Reply #10 seribulan's post

Just like empowerment isn't it? Most people love to take charge...the acknowledgement goes a long way. You need to trust them to do the job as well. Just watch from afar.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-9-2007 05:53 PM | Show all posts

Reply #11 hamizao's post

yup, rather than snooping around...trying to get a bit of information behind people's back...a distrustful boss can never get any really good work out of his men...Trust begets trust and the same is true about mistrust...

Use magic Report

Post time 17-9-2007 05:56 PM | Show all posts

Like a boomerang...

...criticism for the sake of criticism is unnecessary and demoralizing...
I f you cannot say something good, it is usually best to say nothing at all..
you don't like it when you discover that somebody is criticizing you behind
your back. and nor does anybody else for that matter...

Use magic Report

Post time 24-9-2007 11:22 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 5-9-2007 11:17 PM
Work ethics .................what do you ubderstand by it and how much of what you understand, you practise ?

kalau kita anggap dan faham bahawa kerja adalah salah satu ibadah...kita akan melakukan yg sehabis daya kita
dalam melaksanakan tugasan yg perlu kita lakukan dengan secekap mungkin...mengikut kemampuan kita

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2007 10:51 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 5-9-2007 11:17 PM

Ethics to me is standards of conduct. what i understood about work ethics is all about what we should behave based on moral duties & virtues i.e honesty, accuracy, loyalty, fairness, advocacy, disclosure of information bla bla bla ....and so far of coz im practising what is recommended by the company.

Anyway are ethics a personal decision? Do universal work ethics really exist?

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2007 05:56 PM | Show all posts

Creatures of habit

Even lying on a bed of nails can become a habit. so don't get too impatient when you are trying to change habits. It takes more than you realize. Keep plugging at it and be grateful for a little progress at a time.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-5-2024 06:10 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.973898 second(s), 52 queries .