Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2684|Reply: 2

Sabah's ex-CMs and their memoirs

[Copy link]
Post time 21-8-2007 04:59 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Sabah's ex-CMs and their memoirs

SABAH politicians always had to engage other people to write their books for them. Donald Stephens did not write any autobiography despite being a newspaper editor.
His relative did years after he passed away. Mustapha probably did not even write his will as seen in the fate of his official house.
Peter Lo refused to disclose any black and white facts although he is around. Harris Salleh got a professional to do it, as did Pairin.
As for the other rotated Chief Ministers, there was a self-praise book by one of your ex-staff Joe Leong for Datuk Yong Teck Lee.
Even the semi-blind ex-Indonesian President Wahid was given a free copy for his reading and sleeping pleasure.
Chong Kah Kiat also did not write his book, My Rewards, whatever he meant by that.
Instead, it was your newspaper columnist Patel and some others who wrote. I am always against writers like Joshua Kong who sells his photocopy books mostly filled with newspaper cuttings.
I must be honest that I did not buy any of these books by politicians, although I browsed them at bookstores. I was given a copy of Yong's book by the Chief Editor of a Sarawak-based Chinese newspaper.
My question is why do politicians like to engage Daily Express writers to spin their lives. Is it because your newspaper has more credibility or your writing standards are better?
Anti-politician

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 21-8-2007 05:01 PM | Show all posts

1st response

JK's Digest No. 20  of August 2007 (245 of 2007)  I came, I saw, I conquer amongst ex CMs

Sabah's ex-CMs and their memoirs by Anti-politician  (DE 19 Aug 2007)
QUOTE   "I am always against writers like Joshua Kong who sells his photocopy books mostly filled with newspaper cuttings."

If you read the letter again (as below), it is Joshua Kong who had done the best amongst the ex Chief Ministers of Sabah as he has written those books himself and well supported by some newspaper cuttings which also included his impacting letters as published in the newspapers including Daily Express.

While AP was sort of insulting the ex Chief Ministers and "flattering' and deception in a negative  way against Joshua Kong (a namely likely banned),  the mens rea of the writer AP smells a rat.  

I would like to pose this question "Was AP trying to insult Joshua Kong for whatever reasons using a 'drama' of books, and now the curse has fallen on the writer".  It is quite incredible that Joshua Kong appeared amongst all the exChief Ministers mentioned thereof.

There is another incident when the incoming Datuk Patrick Sindu picture was captured on the big screen at the Banquet Hall of the State Legislative Assembly on 20th August 2007 for the launch of the House Buyers'  Claims Tribunal.  When the Chief Minister came in, was his photo upside down on the projected screen?

Joshua Kong (proponent of MIGS and WON) http://migs-mega-icc-group-sabah/
http://migs-sabah.blogspot.com/
http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthr ... age%3D1#pid16300759 for MIGS
http://won-borneo.blogspot. com/; http://malaysian-elections-2004.blogspot.com/
http://www.e-borneo.com/col/jkong/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-8-2007 09:41 PM | Show all posts

another response

My special birthday present for Sabah ?

I refer with pleasure the letter titled "Sabah's ex-CMs and their memoirs" by Anti-politician (Forum of DE 19 Aug 2007)

QUOTE "I am always against writers like Joshua Kong who sells his photocopy books mostly filled with newspaper cuttings." (READ the full letter below).

When I read that negative comment, I was wondering how Anti-politician (AP) can justify that as the person had not bought all my books of about 13 titles. AP also does not know what s/he is talking about as AP has got a lot to learn. There are more than one ways to publish and print books with today's availability of new printing technologies. At least two books do not include newspaper cuttings. Digital printing used for my books as different from plain photocopying for its several known values is the normal application for most western publishers.

Those newspaper cuttings do fulfill a lot of peculiar requirements in Malaysia to be successful writers. I hope AP would try to publish the types of books on issues like I (not an ex Chief Minister) do and come back to me. There is not enough space here to share the funny intricacies of writing, publishing, printing like I have done. I have already encountered enough challenges on the way to be the local published writers and speakers, and I cannot share them here for free as I had incurred so much costs to make those books available at the very low costs like Air Asia. Like Air Asia, the travellers do get from point A to many points, my small books are fairly complete with many view points over the contemporary pressing issues. The contents are suitably researched with confidence and readers should appreciate my books like any other good books available. All published topical factual books are good and should be supported and be read and reflected.

Pondering over the views expressed by AP in an arena of the forum of all ex Chief Ministers of Sabah (mostly known as infamous), how did Joshua Kong appear in that category of powerful people (most still living). This letter of AP really confirms that an unusual event had happened and to be repeated soon. Would Joshua Kong really be the Chief Minister as he is not an ex CM? Technically and virtually, Joshua Kong has been the reigning Chief Minister - yet to be seated - on the throne. Joshua Kong had played the significant role to force the resignation of Tun Mustapha in 1975, who was also the District Grandmaster of the powerful Freemasons in 1967. The humble Joshua Kong has continued to survive till today with much suffering when the DG had gone away to his god when a big brown butterfly appeared in my house on the day of his passing (pix available). Joshua Kong's continued suffering is due partly to the detention without trial by Tun Mustapha's dark regime sort of endless vengeance by the said group. Since Joshua Kong's voice has been very loud in public via his writings, he is technically the de facto Chief Minister soon to be enthroned in a new expected system.

Would AP be interested to read my next small book of 44 pages (95% my own writings/thoughts) titled "Tsunami of Illegal & Illegalities in Sabah - An Introduction" which is also the subject of my paper of the 50th Anniversary Merdeka at UiTM Sabah in early September 2007?  Sponsors are welcome to share in this tough work.

Joshua Y. C. Kong - born in Labuan on 23 Aug.

Kota Kinabalu.

p/s: Note for Chief Editor of DE, if you do not want to publish this letter in full, please fax this to AP and let AP write again to correct his wrong perception with an apology.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 08:24 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.639476 second(s), 29 queries .