Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 6301|Reply: 49

Business World - Dog eat dog world...

[Copy link]
Post time 2-8-2007 01:30 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
In the business world thesedays I'd have to say that I've come to realize the fact that there areactually no friends around you, only E N E M I E S you have yet to meetup . . . and when you finally do meet 'em up, you better be prepared .. .

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-8-2007 01:34 PM | Show all posts
Anyone doing business/ businesses here? If given out a chance to choose - would you choose to have business friends or would you rather choose to strictly have only business associates?

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2007 01:57 PM | Show all posts
there is a saying ~ keeps ur frens close...keeps ur
enemies closer...so I guess this rules applies when doing business eh?

never be too trusting when it comes to money matter...as for some ppl
$ << this matter more then frenship or kinship

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2007 03:23 PM | Show all posts
There are friends. but this is about money. Need to exercise sound judgement and prudence.

So sonofodin, what's your take on this?

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2007 04:18 PM | Show all posts
I look at my business associates as friends more than enemies. In business world, we make use of one another to make money. There are risk involved in any business. We have to becareful in business dealings. I did get cheated by my dealers. The losses were very minimal. Those were the small ones. They closed shop without informing and disappeared.
Generally, I have to learn to trust them or else my business will never grow. Too careful may not get you anywhere. I treated my good dealers very well. They really put their effort to promote my products. That's how I achieve my semi financial freedom. I do the supplying, they do the selling.

I have dealers in other states. I have not even met most of them. I do supply goods to them on consignment basis. This is the risk I take. So far so good. I received prompt payment from them. Some think I am stupid to take this risk. But I have calculated that this risk is worth taking. I choose my dealers' business background.

I have a friend who used to source her supply in Thailand. She was too strict in her business dealings. No samples, no terms, no consignment for her dealers, in the end she got to close shop.

In actual facts, I made more friends in business but I do keep them at a distance. Some may take advantage of the friendship. Not all businesspersons are conmen and liar. There are plenty of honest one around ...including me.

I even work with my business competitor. So far the business dealing benefits both of us.

[ Last edited by  SONofODIN at 2-8-2007 04:27 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-8-2007 04:35 PM | Show all posts

Reply #5 SONofODIN's post

Tudiah! Mek pitam sekali SONofODIN kasik jawapan! *sujuds!!!*

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-8-2007 11:29 PM | Show all posts

Reply #5 SONofODIN's post

Good to hear it from someone in the business world...

Use magic Report

Post time 2-8-2007 11:44 PM | Show all posts
Its true in business today there's no altruism, no free lunch, money cost money ( if u are in finance). Bankers are the guys who distribute umbrellas when the days are  good and take it back when it rains. Read your terms and conditions properly do not get con by sleazy guys  who are there to fleece you. Commision paid  or rebate must be booked as kicked back or corruption ( we got to be honest with ourself). Sales guys (many among us) are there to screw us just like the government. Cash in hand is better then millions in somebody's pocket ( this sound fimiliar eh! especially forex dealers, unit trusts bast&#257;rd who pray on women's EPF saving). Hell with this world. A saying in Latin ' Homo homini lupus' ( lit. the man is a wolf to man...) Santasimo Padre Amen!

[ Last edited by  thamrong at 2-8-2007 11:46 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 3-8-2007 12:56 AM | Show all posts
But the thing is, this one, yang I personally experiencing nih, tikam belakang kaw kaw punye lah sangat2. Namanya dari golongan warak alim ulamak bagai berdahi hitam bagaikan pi sujuds kat jalan tar JKR baru siap finishing tu tapi, tau tau, penipu dan pendusta dan khianati erti KAWAN. Aiyoh! Pengsan la!

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2007 01:12 AM | Show all posts

Reply #9 lealaurielle's post

Ouii Mademoiselle! Mon Amie! Comment allez-vous!( Fr: Hello Miss! My friend! How are u!)
Kan den dah kato! A saying in Latin ' Homo homini lupus' ( lit. the man is a wolf to man...) Santasimo Padre Amen!
Lagi besar sarban lagi tak boleh percaya.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-8-2007 01:30 AM | Show all posts

Reply #10 thamrong's post

KAN!? Haiyoh - just this evening I felt like going outside the house, ade jalan tar JKR baru siap, I felt like gi tenyeh kepala / dahi i kat situ and get a dark blackish mark thingy and go right up to this so called business friend nih and say "HEY YOU - i pun kuat semayang dan alim beriman jugak - at least i tak tikam kawan!"

Now what upsets me the most is that my dad is feeling a bit too weak due to this incident - hadeh! How did i not see it coming...

QUESTION: SONofODIN, maybe u have another brilliant perfecto 6 answer to this. Tell me, can one normally see all this disastrous business problemos coming, or one REALLY needs to be a pro to see this coming? Coz seriously, I was fooled. But i dont think am THAT stupid. Its just, well, its like in the airline they said - we have anticipated bad weather, and at times, we can't see it coming, even with the most advanced technologies around. I guess am the later one...

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2007 01:34 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SONofODIN at 2-8-2007 04:18 PM
I look at my business associates as friends more than enemies. In business world, we make use of one another to make money. There are risk involved in any business. We have to becareful in busine ...

aahhaa........ lies........

my mum told me that if want to do business, better do cash than credit...

I`ve seen many liar in my mum shop since I was small...

call say need the goods urgently, then say give money then

but tell driver that he will pay to shop...

still remember when I got my motor license, oh god.. every weekend like ah long go ask for money...

the most famous wexcuse was... and always will be...

boss e\keluar, duit dari kerajaan belum sampai, cek dah siap, tapi bos sibuk nak sain........

sampai tak bayar... what then?

contra la...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-8-2007 03:20 AM | Show all posts

Reply #12 wei_loon5063's post

talking from past experiences - good one. Suker la baca yang "boss e\keluar, duit dari kerajaan belum sampai, cek dah siap, tapi bos sibuk nak sain........" <- ALWAYS la. And when this happens kan, I suddenly feel like CHETI kutip utang jer tau.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2007 06:23 AM | Show all posts

Reply #11 lealaurielle's post

My line of business is different. Mine is based on dealership network. My dealers need products to sell. Supplying goods to them on term or consignment is quite safe. Collection is a bit problem on some but so far they'd pay. The nature of this business is very safe. The chances of me getting con are quite low, very low.
I deal cash with end users. It is very difficult to tell if they want to con you. I was con by a doctor once. He disappeared without a trace in our last dealing. That was only RM220.00. He can't even pay me. What a damned doctor!:@

I can't tell if someone intend to con me. There is no early warning sign.
For bad pay master I'd cut back on supply to be on the safe side.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2007 06:41 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 3-8-2007 01:34 AM

aahhaa........ lies........

my mum told me that if want to do business, better do cash than credit...

I`ve seen many liar in my mum shop since I was small...

call say  ...

One rotten apples doesn't mean all the apples are rotten. Your mom's hardware business is selling to end users.
Selling to end users is strictly cash term. No hutang. If you give them credit you are inviting trouble.

If you are a supplier (like me), you need a dealership network. If you don't give credit term to your dealers, how could you market your products?

One business is differ from another. Whether you would get cheated or not, depends on your luck.
My late father in law was in hardware business. He was cheated many, many times by his friends in business dealing.
After he passed away, his son took over. He never got cheated, his business improved tremendously with more than a million turnover annually.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2007 09:40 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SONofODIN at 3-8-2007 06:41 AM

One rotten apples doesn't mean all the apples are rotten. Your mom's hardware business is selling to end users.
Selling to end users is strictly cash term. No hutang. If you give them credit ...

not one rotten apple macha....

but can say 60 to 80%

now bad and greedy people are everywhere and good and honest people are hard to find.. stop talking about business even some friend borrow money also hard to get back

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 3-8-2007 12:56 PM | Show all posts

Reply #16 wei_loon5063's post

KAN!? time want to borrow money, sweet talkers nih. Time nak ask back, haiyoyoyoh - can DIE lah!

But what happens when honest ppl has to work under dishonest ppl ek?

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2007 02:24 PM | Show all posts

Reply #17 lealaurielle's post

The honest ones will automatically become dishonest.
It is easier to learn to become bad than to become good.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-8-2007 03:08 PM | Show all posts

Reply #18 SONofODIN's post

True... VERY true...

but that doesn't apply to every scenarios, right? Because at times "I like being bad because when I'm bad I'm very good" -

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2007 03:31 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by lealaurielle at 3-8-2007 03:08 PM
True... VERY true...

but that doesn't apply to every scenarios, right? Because at times "I like being bad because when I'm bad I'm very good" -

me? I etnd to be good all the time but if a guy try to be bad to me, I will not hesitate to bad back to him 100 time

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

14-5-2024 04:52 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.221152 second(s), 53 queries .