CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 20570|Reply: 102

Future MPA for RMN/RMAF...

[Copy link]
Post time 10-3-2007 03:16 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
RMN and RMAF does have a plan to procure a new type of MPA........but stucked for a while due to the 'budget' reason......so from ur opinion which aircraft is the best and suit to us.......just pick one of ur choice and please elaborate more based on ur opinions...tq
Single Polls, Total 31 Users voted
6.45% (2)
9.68% (3)
3.23% (1)
74.19% (23)
3.23% (1)
3.23% (1)
Your User group have no permission to vote

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 10-3-2007 03:22 AM | Show all posts

P8 Multi Mission Aircraft

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2007 03:26 AM | Show all posts

US infamous P3C ORION....

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2007 03:29 AM | Show all posts

The Atlantique 3...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2007 03:36 AM | Show all posts

CN 235 MPA (credit to secret police too)

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2007 03:46 AM | Show all posts

Nimrod MRA4 RMPA

Nimrod MR2

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 10-3-2007 03:58 AM | Show all posts

Russian BE 200 MPA Seaplane

In May, 2006, China announced that it will buy the world抯 largest amphibious jet airplane for use as a maritime patrol aircraft. China is buying an anti-submarine warfare version of Russia's Be-200. Russia's main arms exporter, Rosobornexport, is reported to be about to sign a $600 million deal with China toward the end of 2006 for an unnamed number of IRKUT Corporation Be-200s aircraft equipped with Sea Dragon tactical suite. Sea Dragon is designed to detect, localize, and track both surface and sub-surface targets, as well as mines. It advertises the ability to track more than 30 targets at one time from a distance of up to 200 miles. Sea Dragon is also sold as a means to detect airborne targets when linked to Russia抯 Glonass satellite navigation system. The suite includes a synthetic-aperture/inverse-synthetic-aperture radar located in a fairing on the belly, a high-resolution forward-looking infra-red sensor, a low-light television camera, a new electronic-support-measures system, and a new magnetic anomaly detector system aft. The Be-200 first flew in 1998, and over a dozen are on order configured as aerial tankers for fire-fighting duty, capable of landing on water, tanking-up with 24,000 pounds of water, then launching and dropping the water on a fire. As an ASW aircraft it can carry seven tons of equipment, ordnance, and aircrew, although not built to fly particularly slowly (it cruises at 300 knots, with a top speed of 400 K) as is required by maritime air patrol. At a gross weight of about 90,000 pounds, it is considerably lighter than the P-3C, which has a max takeoff weight of about 143,000 pounds. Also, because it is a jet rather than a turboprop airplane as is the P-3, its endurance is a relatively short four hours, versus the P-3抯 twelve hours, making it suitable only for short-range coastal patrol without further modification. The Be-200抯 jet engines are relatively inefficient at the low altitudes that characterize patrol aviation. China has already said it plans to add fuel capacity to the aircraft. That the Be-200 is an amphibian suggests that China plans to stage these aircraft in out of the way places such as rivers and coastal waterways, perhaps in anticipation of potential attacks from the current generation of diesel-electric attack subs which are highly stealthy but of limited range and duration...

[ Last edited by  bravotwozero at 10-3-2007 04:02 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2007 04:09 AM | Show all posts
i choose P3C/EP3/AP3, coz:

1. Good Sensor suites
2. Good After sales support
3. Broadly used by another countries
4. Turboprop platform (speed low enough to cater for sea patrol surveillance)
5. Good endurance..12H
6. its going to be cheap....coz US may rid off their P3C/EP3 once they acquired MMA soon

[ Last edited by  bravotwozero at 10-3-2007 06:01 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-3-2007 05:13 AM | Show all posts

Reply #8 bravotwozero's post

harga!!! n uncle sam ni,jgn le harap nak bagi kat negara islam cam kita yg tak leh 'tidur' skali dgn anak angkat dia kat timur tengah tu..well,kita mmg dah kena selalu paling ke Rusia untuk peralatan perang..janji ada duit..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2007 05:29 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by razhar at 10-3-2007 05:13 AM
harga!!! n uncle sam ni,jgn le harap nak bagi kat negara islam cam kita yg tak leh 'tidur' skali dgn anak angkat dia kat timur tengah tu..well,kita mmg dah kena selalu paling ke Rusia untuk peral ...

for the price...it is not really a big issue for me....coz we can afford to buy european gadgets since long time ago......whats make the difference then....

furthermore ....US already offering to us a lot of their gadgets since a long long  time ago......e.g they once offered to us to buy their unused stockpile of SH2 Seasprite in the dessert somewhere arounds 2002......for me it is not quite true that US will not offer this type of equipment to us .....but off course the deal must be worth it for both country and certain restrictions will be imposed......

US r not the one and only arm exporter that imposing a restrictions on the use of their weapons......even european and russian also do the same......

[ Last edited by  bravotwozero at 10-3-2007 05:36 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 10-3-2007 08:03 AM | Show all posts
IMO, turboprops are more suited to the role of MPA.
Firstly, they're slower and gives longer endurance. And they start more easily than turbojets or fans, so two props of a four engine aircraft can be shut down to give even greater endurance.
MPAs are crucial to the region because of piracy in the Malacca straits and smuggling.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-3-2007 10:50 AM | Show all posts

Reply #11 mentosonline's post

have u finished ur NS? AF? navy? Army?

Use magic Report

Post time 10-3-2007 10:56 AM | Show all posts

Reply #11 mentosonline's post

if u did finished,then we are equal,i'm army reservist too and i'm happy to meet u coz we can discuss about each other Military organization and who knows,someday when the war breaks out,i know which one of the singaPISS soldiers i should blast into pieces...mamat cipan bodo..mmg aku wat sup kao nanti...ahhhh have u ever imagine to write a book of MAF? i will be the first to buy it...

[ Last edited by  razhar at 10-3-2007 03:26 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 10-3-2007 11:39 AM | Show all posts
i will support CN-235... Indonesia is our good partner no need worry the maintence issue... and CN-235 had prove MPA role...but if hv another choice i will prefer a bigger version CN-295 & i thk Malaysia no need P-8 or P-3C those big "guys"...

Use magic Report

Post time 10-3-2007 11:50 AM | Show all posts

Reply #14 gancity's post

Second that.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-3-2007 02:01 PM | Show all posts
Kejap, MPA ni apa peranan dia? MPA kena terbang lama dan perlahan ke atau laju? Endurance apa macam, lama atau kejap?

As you posted both jet and turbo-prop engined aircraft. On this, there different. Turbo-prop loiters slowly and while jet aircraft moves faster.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-3-2007 02:10 PM | Show all posts

Reply #16 RainbowSix's post

MPA ni Maritime Patrol Aircraft. Kalau vast area rasanya ciri2 endurance lebih diutamakan.

CN235 menurut GlobalSecurity.org, baca disini http://www.globalsecurity.org/mi ... esia/cn-235-mpa.htm

Use magic Report

Post time 10-3-2007 02:30 PM | Show all posts
hehehehe... back to square one...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-3-2007 03:08 PM | Show all posts

Reply #16 RainbowSix's post

off course in order to answer ur question, we have to refer back to the RMN/RMAF GSR.......which is unlikely to be discussed here.....therefore just state which one u prefer to be THE ONE for future malaysian MPA based on ur thought, knowledge and experience....

Generally for me, it should encompasses:
1. Good Endurance for patrol
2. Swing Role (ASW/ASuW), Good weaponary
3. Good sensor suites for searching, localize, ident
4. good comms suites

Use magic Report

Post time 10-3-2007 03:12 PM | Show all posts
Aku sepatutnya bagi PM aje tapi aku rasa kena brutal sikit dan buat in the open.

Saudara razhar, mentosonline tidak membuat sebarang provokasi, kenapa saudara perlu berbuat demikian? Jangan sampai menjadi periuk mengata cerek!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-5-2024 08:12 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.121971 second(s), 58 queries .