CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to list New
Author: DivinePonytail

The Bible - should we take it literally?

[Copy link]
Post time 3-8-2009 08:32 PM | Show all posts
should we take the bible literally?  i'm one of those who do while some dont.  one simple example, when god says "my son jesus", i take it literally as that while some tend to assume that's gonna mean jesus is god.  

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-8-2009 09:54 AM | Show all posts
should we take the bible literally?  i'm one of those who do while some dont.  one simple example, when god says "my son jesus", i take it literally as that while some tend to assume that's gonna mean jesus is god.

And thus, you believe in a God that you choose to make in your image. Not in His. The bible is taken by almost every Christians as the divine words of God. Either you choose to believe 100% of it or 0%. There is no between.

Regards

Use magic Report

Post time 4-8-2009 07:57 PM | Show all posts
And thus, you believe in a God that you choose to make in your image. Not in His. The bible is taken by almost every Christians as the divine words of God. Either you choose to believe 100% of it or 0%. There is no between.

Regards
kompia23 Post at 4-8-2009 09:54

nonetheless when god says divinely that jesus is his son, we gotta believe him instead of assuming that god is in form of his son jesus.  

Use magic Report

Post time 4-8-2009 10:39 PM | Show all posts
Bible mastered by people of the book contains 1001 secrets.....
But if taken literally ....   hmmm how?

Use magic Report

Post time 5-8-2009 01:17 PM | Show all posts
Bible mastered by people of the book contains 1001 secrets.....
But if taken literally ....   hmmm how?
Pooja Post at 4-8-2009 22:39

what's so secretive about the verses below?  nonetheless i'm gonna take them as an acknowledgement that jesus is no god while trinity and twoness gonna say they implied jesus is god.  if one dont take the verses literally, they gonna imply god exalted god.  tough .  

In Philippians 2:9-11 Paul wrote of Jesus, "Therefore God (GOD) exalted him (GOD) to the highest place and gave him (GOD) the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus (GOD) every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (GOD), to the glory of God the Father (GOD)."

Use magic Report

Post time 10-8-2009 05:03 PM | Show all posts
what's so secretive about the verses below?  nonetheless i'm gonna take them as an acknowledgement that jesus is no god while trinity and twoness gonna say they implied jesus is god.  if one dont take the verses literally, they gonna imply god exalted god.  tough .

Yo bro, you don't represent the rest of the Chrisitans except Unitarian like yourself. Main denominations believe in the Trinity.

Regards

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 10-8-2009 09:18 PM | Show all posts
Yo bro, you don't represent the rest of the Chrisitans except Unitarian like yourself. Main denominations believe in the Trinity.

Regards
kompia23 Post at 10-8-2009 17:03

and you couldnt run from the HARDfact christianity comprises trinity, twoness and unitarian.  you gotta do serious study on why the great discrepancy.  by so doing you gonna feel more at peace with yourself.  

Use magic Report

Post time 13-8-2009 03:00 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by kompia23 at 13-8-2009 15:12
and you couldnt run from the HARDfact christianity comprises trinity, twoness and unitarian.  you gotta do serious study on why the great discrepancy.  by so doing you gonna feel more at peace with yourself.

I know about the tri, duo, uni beliefs. I have never doubted that. It's very obvious even in this forum. Like you as unitarian, Truth8 who believe two out of three as God, and I myself believe in all three. Peace comes from knowing the truth.

Regards

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-8-2009 11:24 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by kompia23 at 13-8-2009 15:12

I know about the tri, duo, uni beliefs. I have never doubted that. It's very obvious even in this forum. Like you as unitarian, Truth8 who believe two out of three as God, and I myself believe in all three. Peace comes from knowing the truth.

kompia23 Post at 13-8-2009 15:00

truth gonna come after studying the bible with an open mind.  

Use magic Report

Post time 19-8-2009 02:17 PM | Show all posts
truth gonna come after studying the bible with an open mind.

A wise choice of words, but not only to study them but understand them and put them into practice.

Regards

Use magic Report

Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

7-5-2024 02:34 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.128182 second(s), 32 queries .