Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Capt_ICAEW

a guide for entry level home cinema..

[Copy link]
Post time 14-1-2006 11:29 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Capt_ICAEW at 14-1-2006 09:39 PM
arwen..how much the wharfedale cost you..i know a shop that sells it around 55pounds  per pair?monster cable is a bit pricey same range as qed and cable talk..

sorry, can't remember...its been a while.  the equipment were bought and upgraded bit by bit over time till the current set up.  this is pretty much the end result, i believe. no plan to upgrade further except maybe the projector to a 1280 x 720 lcd.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-1-2006 11:31 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by shianghorng at 14-1-2006 10:06 PM
Is this a good surround ? ?
I kinda like it ...

I think it's around 5-6K:hmm:

love the sub.  good reviews. made it into the british home theater magazine equipment of choice.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-1-2006 11:36 PM | Show all posts
by the way, the projector cost us RM6600 3 yrs ago. now for that price can get the plv-z4 1280 x 720 lcd projector.

Use magic Report

Capt_ICAEW This user has been deleted
 Author| Post time 14-1-2006 11:46 PM | Show all posts
nice set..satelite one i guess..shiang...you got a big living room right?i dont advise you to buy this one..my friends bought a set more a less likr this one..1 year later he felt that the sound wasnt cracking enough..so he sold the satelite set and spend extra money to upgrade to the full version...try 2 get at least floorstander for your front speaker..thats my opinion..if you plan to buy hifi or home cinema set try to check on http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/..they review most of the product in the market and very reliable opinions are given..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-1-2006 11:47 PM | Show all posts
"by the way, the projector cost us RM6600 3 yrs ago. now for that price can get the plv-z4 1280 x 720 lcd projector. "

waa..so expensive..honestly with 500pounds you can get a branded projector..check it on ebay UK for brand new one..fuh

Use magic Report

Post time 15-1-2006 09:29 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Capt_ICAEW at 14-1-2006 11:46 PM
nice set..satelite one i guess..shiang...you got a big living room right?i dont advise you to buy this one..my friends bought a set more a less likr this one..1 year later he felt that the sound wa ...

You got a point there ...
Because the B&W MT-30 is classified as Mini Theater ...

Should I get something like this :

A pair of B&W 703. I don't know how much is it. Anyone know??

A pair of B&W 705. Anyone know the price of it??

A LCR600 S3.

So it will be like:
In the front B&W 703 with B&W LRC600 S3 in between,
In the back B&W 705.

How's that ? ? :hmm:

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 15-1-2006 10:03 AM | Show all posts
B&W...whoa..this one very powerful mate..you need to get a very good and powerful amp..cheap amp couldnt drive this speakers..trust me...this B&W..hey..wait till me get home this year..i'll assist you finding a good set..i'm idle till early jan you know..i'll try to find the price and the matching amp for you after exam..in exchange of Kyros Kebab?deal?haha..just kidding...i'll come to you for the price in near future..

Use magic Report

Post time 15-1-2006 03:54 PM | Show all posts
I'm sure it's gonna be expensive ...
Is this more suitable:

KEF Kit 200

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 17-1-2006 07:47 AM | Show all posts
sure it is..atleast 7000k..dont go for looks..it sounds that we look for in the ends of the day..

Use magic Report

Post time 17-1-2006 06:46 PM | Show all posts
Is this Sony Bravia good ? ?

RM15,999
Sony says that this LCD is better than Plasma TV ...
To me it is really clear... but I think 40-inch is a little small !!

This Pioneer is also good!

50-inch. I think it's RM27000

[ Last edited by shianghorng at 17-1-2006 06:50 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-1-2006 07:06 AM | Show all posts
with such price you can buy a car with it..go for plasma i guess..when you have a nice tv..it means you have a matching set of amp and speakers..suppose you have 20k..you have only 7k to spend on amps and speakers..not spend wise i think..to have a good set make sure everything balance..not one bit of top of the range while the other is merely a basic one..plan everything roughly and do some window shopping..thinking of selling my hifi..i think home cinema is more than enough..where the hell i'm going to put my 7 speakers my room..my mum didnt like loud sound..aiya..

Use magic Report

Post time 18-1-2006 04:41 PM | Show all posts
Show her a action movie which is really loud ....
Then she will like it !!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-1-2006 05:57 AM | Show all posts
haha..just turn on the nighmode..that's better i guess..hey what are you doing at the moment?are you still a student?

Use magic Report

Post time 19-1-2006 07:23 PM | Show all posts
Do you use MSN messenger ? ?
So we can further our chat ...

Now Sky deliver HD !

Sky抯 HD service is primed to burst onto screens in a couple of months, and today it抯 announced that Discovery HD will be joining its initial roster of uber-crisp channels.

From day one Discovery HD promises to sear top quality video onto our retinas 24 hours a day. A number of programmes have already been confirmed, including Profiles of Nature (an orgy of ultra clear animal close-ups) and 100 Greatest Scientific Discoveries. There抣l also be some feature-length showcases like Journey to the Centre of the Earth

[ Last edited by shianghorng at 19-1-2006 09:03 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-1-2006 06:54 AM | Show all posts
nice one..i just terminated my sky subscription..we are all final year students here..so nobody realy wtached the tv anymore..a savings of 41pounds per month..lets talk about speaker set now..(since i have time)..make your sepakers is at least 3/4 of your amp rating..and not exceeding the amp rating in any way..other wise you would blow your tweeters...for instance, if you use a 80w amp..you could have 100w of floorstanders for front speaker,  a minimum of 75w for center speakera and 75w speakers for your rears.. dont spend too much on your your rear..because you it just adding slices to the sound effect..front speakers are however will carry the most sound from the amp while the centre speaker definetely reserve for voices only...a roughly estimate of power would be like this..
amp 80-100
front 80-100
rear75-100
centre 75-100...

i shall continue when i got time and perhaps we should discuss more on cable and dvd player..

Use magic Report

Post time 21-1-2006 10:06 AM | Show all posts
How about this Denon DVD-1920 ?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 21-1-2006 11:06 PM | Show all posts
this one so nice.. i read somwhere..this one the entry level dvd player..would this one play divx?hey..if you got branded divx player..you wouldnt regret having..i connected mine to my amp..the sound is not like you listening to original DVD (we only buy original DVD in the UK)..but it is acceptable..i mean..no noise sounds even when i turn it to 3/4 of full volume..what dvd did you have at home..people say that harman kardon produce the best dvd..i watched it once at my friend's house..it was connected to marantz Sr6200..high end AV amp..the sound wahhh..so superb..on that day we are actually listening only to 4 speakers..we didnt notice that the left front speaker's banana plug wa sout of place..and still we enjoy the movie( I robot)..and i did praised him for the picture quality and sound...that was a good set..with tannoy R2 beech speaker set..he is in malaysia now...when i got home let hangup and walk around those hifi shop in town..

Use magic Report

Post time 22-1-2006 11:26 AM | Show all posts
Sounds very intresting !!
People say that if you use brands like Sony for a DVD player...
Some pirated DVDs can't be played!
I used to use Sony then I changed it to Samsung...
How much is a original DVD in England ??
In Malaysia, it's really expensive like RM200 each...
Just like a original PS2 game...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-1-2006 09:31 PM | Show all posts
here in the UK, original DVD is not that expensive..depending on the movie, you can get as cheaper as

Use magic Report

Post time 23-1-2006 07:39 PM | Show all posts
Really...
Using original DVDs will make you 'pokai'....HaHa
I chipped my PS2 in Kepong which is my father's friend,
I can't really remember how much it is...
Maybe RM150 ??

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 07:16 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.064990 second(s), 42 queries .