Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to list New
Author: alec

Is Catholic and Christian the same?

[Copy link]
Post time 2-11-2006 08:38 AM | Show all posts
for me, Catholic is one of the Christian denominations like illusions mentioned earlier. Same as other religions like muslims, I believed they also have denominations.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-11-2006 08:51 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by casejulia at 25-8-2006 06:37 PM

Im not suprised about this. Last time i've met a guy friend, i saw that he is wearing a pendant  'cross' . i asked if he was a christian, He said "No". I'm a bit confuse, so i ask him ...

I wear a cross since I was little and am still wearing the same cross now. I was born in a catholic family but I have since become protestant not due to I don't belief in catholic ways but because I feel that easier for me to reach and communicate to God in the protestant way then before. Most of my family are still catholic.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-11-2006 09:17 AM | Show all posts
ahli catholic ni kalau buat kebaktian di rumah2....apahal dgn patung2 buatan manusiawi tu.kita sembah Allah...bukan .....patung tu le........jgan

Mana ada catholik sembah patung. Sy rasa ini hanya melibatkan masalah persepsi Kristian pemikiran America vs Kristian Orthodox atau semi orthodox.

Di dlm OT, bukankah Tuhan sendiri perintahkan agar Musa buat kerub dan ditempatkan di tempat paling suci? Bukankah Tuhan juga perintahkan Musa membuat ular tembaga...

:nerd:

Use magic Report

Post time 2-11-2006 09:24 AM | Show all posts
ain daripada Bible, Catholic juga ada Apocrypha. Bagi mereka, Apocrypha merupakan lanjutan bagi Old Testment Bible.

Catholik tidak menganggap 7 buah kitab tambahan dalam OT sebagai Apocrypha, tetapi deutocanonica.Bagi catholik, kitab Apocrypha adalah seperti Gospel of Thomas, Judas, mary, dll..

Setahu saja, umat Kristian dari dulu menerima pakai kitab deutocanonica, tetapi semasa era Martin Luther dan pergerakan protestan selanjutnya, kitab-kitab berkenaan telah dikeluarkan dari senarai kitab-kitab yang diterima.

Walaubagaimanapun tidak semua gereja protestan yang menolak bulat-bulat kitab berkenaan. Ada yang berpendapat, kitab tersebut sesuai untuk dibaca tetapi tidak sesuai untuk pengisian teologi.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-11-2006 01:41 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by xiaofeng at 2-4-2006 06:11 PM
I VERY AGREE ON WONG ANN YONG,
I ALSO HAVE THE SAME OPINION AS WONG. MARTIN LUTHER HAD ALREADY FOUND OUT THE PROBLEM
THOUGH, DURING THOSE TIME, POLITICS AND RELIGION ALREADY BEING CORRUPTED. HOW  ...

as wat ppl said..
its good but there are bad..
i cant write clearly cz mod wil angry later..

christian split into 2 cz church sells fake cert..
den martin luther against d church..

n now..

there catholic n protestan..

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2006 09:20 AM | Show all posts
adakah antara kitab2  dlm protestan dan katolik itu sama?....seperti  kitab al-quran dimana satu huruf pun tidak berbeza diseluruh dunia.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 14-11-2006 11:36 AM | Show all posts
adakah antara kitab2  dlm protestan dan katolik itu sama?

Kalau sr. bermaksud Taurat,Mazmur dan Injil jawapan saya semua sama.

Tapi kalau sr. bermaksud bilangan kita2 dalam OT, terdapat perbezaan dari segi jumlah. Katholik dan Orthodox ada 7 extra kitab dalam OT.

Quran itu, sama bukankah hasil daripada versi standart yang di buat oleh Uthman? Tetapi kalau tak silap saya, terdapat perbezaan antara Sunni dengan syiah...

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2006 02:41 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by shalom at 14-11-2006 11:36 AM

Kalau sr. bermaksud Taurat,Mazmur dan Injil jawapan saya semua sama.

Tapi kalau sr. bermaksud bilangan kita2 dalam OT, terdapat perbezaan dari segi jumlah. Katholik dan Orthodox ada 7 extra  ...

al-quran sunni dan syiah adalah sama tiada perbezaan...tetapi perselisihannya  adalah tentang sohobat2 nabi.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-11-2006 06:08 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hammer at 14-11-2006 09:20 AM
adakah antara kitab2  dlm protestan dan katolik itu sama?....seperti  kitab al-quran dimana satu huruf pun tidak berbeza diseluruh dunia.

Martin Luther menegaskan bahawa Holy Bible itu satu, itulah kenapa muncul pula Protestan. Gereja Anglikan juga merupakan salah satu gereja Protestan, tapi etiket dia sangat berdekatan dengan Gereja Roman Katolik. Anglikan menegaskan pula bahawa gereja tersebut adalah gereja kepada kedua-dua Katolik dan Reformasi (dari Pengakuan Katolik), pasal itu orang lain sudah kelam kabut.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-11-2006 10:21 PM | Show all posts
IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER AND OF THE SON AND OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

Here I am again to share THE TRUTH of GOD LOVE.

My dear friends when we talk about 揅HRISTIAN

Use magic Report

Post time 21-11-2006 07:22 PM | Show all posts
That is nothing wrong about "Bible alone", but most of Protestants forget already spoke of probhets and tradition of earlier church then our 3 basic creeds of faith. Every fellower is saint and nowdays as well, not only St Paul, St John, St Mary, St Luke, St Theresa, etc. So, every Christian is saint and Protestants are saints too. How was St Paul send greeting to Corinthians? Those Corinthians were saints and they were still alive at that while, what's wrong with that.

Regarding RC issues, i've no any comment but still wanna remind to Protestants around this forum.

God blesses you all Protestants and Catholics!

Use magic Report

Post time 15-5-2009 05:52 PM | Show all posts
To me, Katolik ialah sebahagian daripada Kristian. Walaupun dalam Kristian ada bermacam mazhab, tapi as long as they believe in Jesus as a Lord, Son of God, Mary (not necessary to believe in Trinity or Oneness of God - as long as they believe in supremacy of Jesus and Mary), believe that Bible is their ultimate source - no matter what version of Bible... and last but not least, a "cross" as a symbol of the Christians. These 3 basic things made other non-Christians like me, labels who are Christians. I know u guys might be Catholic, Protestant, Lutherian and such... tapi sebarang penyimpangan terhadap agama Kristian, selagi berpegang kepada yg 3 di atas itu, ialah org Kristian.

As for Muslim - non-Muslims around the world regard Muslims as someone who believe in Allah - the God, Quran, supremacy of Muhammad as the greatest prophet of all. Other elements of the religion like fasting, solah - might differ from one sect to another, but as long as they hold to the above 3, the non-Muslims will regard them as a Muslim.

That's why, I strongly disagree in a way Christians disregard other fellow Christians with different sect. Like me myself, I still regard some other Muslims like SIS, Muhamadiyah as Muslims... coz I'm not the God to judge and categorize people. Just respect other people's faith and belief, while they respect ours. Just as simple as that.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-5-2009 02:12 PM | Show all posts

Reply #1 alec's post

The answer is Catholic are Christians, but not all Christians are Catholic.

Catholic is just one of the denomination of the Church. There are many other denominations like Methodist, Anglican, Assemblies of God, SIB, Baptist and etc. if you really research into each denominations, you find that God works through all of them. Miracles, sign and wonders, healing, revival, and etc all happens in those who uphold the Word of God, bible to the core. The Church is belong to God, Jesus Christ as the head. The body is the Church.

God allowed these denominations to exist because He allowed it to. And because of it, the work of the Lord could be expedite to every corner of the world. This is what His Words said in 1 Cor 12:12-27 as stated below:-

12The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. 13For we were all baptized by[c] one Spirit into one body梬hether Jews or Greeks, slave or free梐nd we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

14Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. 15If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 16And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

21The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" 22On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

27Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

Hope this would clear the cloud for those still confused. Christians are those who abide with the bible. Those who claim to be christians but did not follow the bible are not christians at all.

Regards

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

7-5-2024 03:41 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.049870 second(s), 32 queries .