Register

ADVERTISEMENT

1234Next
Return to list New
View: 16312|Reply: 66

What Hindu People Do......?

[Copy link]
Post time 23-11-2005 01:44 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
What Hindu people do when they face irritating situation like server problem?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-11-2005 07:27 AM | Show all posts
They do what everyone else does - curse the people who runs the server for not upgrading for so long.

Maybe Admin should consider the fact that people who view this forum had increased drastically for the past year and consider some new strategies, something like asking those who have nothing to write, not to log in and stay for hours. Log-out when just reading.

Also, upgrading RAM to the server should work also. And, Admin should check whether anything else runs on the server on the back. Also, delete off all the old information which is not needed, especially in Religion section ... over 10 pages of nonsense for what? :stp:

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-11-2005 12:06 PM | Show all posts
What Hindu people do on their birthday? :cak:

Use magic Report

Post time 28-11-2005 01:09 PM | Show all posts
Hindus? I think they go to temple and pray in their names. No cakes and candles. I know a friend of a friend who goes to orphanage and give donations (whatever he can) on his birthday.

Matter a fact, blowing candles off is considered bad luck since lights signify lifeforce for many Hindus and blowing it off seems to be like distungishing lifeforce.

What do Muslims do? :stp:

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-11-2005 08:59 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 28-11-2005 01:09 PM
Hindus? I think they go to temple and pray in their names. No cakes and candles. I know a friend of a friend who goes to orphanage and give donations (whatever he can) on his birthday.

Matter a  ...

We have eating  ceremony and have doa for good life.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-11-2005 01:04 PM | Show all posts
Is there any time you don't eat? :stp:
I seems to see Muslims eat at house where people die, gave birth, sick, visiting etc ...

Doa for a good life, eh? Guess that same.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 30-11-2005 12:49 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 29-11-2005 01:04 PM
Is there any time you don't eat? :stp:
I seems to see Muslims eat at house where people die, gave birth, sick, visiting etc ...

Doa for a good life, eh? Guess that same.

what do u mean by dont eat? during puasa je, hehe...

OK.. btw, regarding what u say by dont eat, maybe during the funeral or when someone died, we dont eat at the house of the people died... This is to give some respect.. If there any relatives come to see for the funeral, maybe they will be some meals provided at relatives house nearby(for example during breakfast and the funeral has not been done yet).... At the house where the people died, they only will have lunch after the funeral..(we know that we all need to eat)...

After that, maybe the day after, we will have 'tahlil'.. and there will be some meals like 'kenduri' and 'kenduri' here doesnt mean that everyone is happy.. we still feel sad for what had happened...

p/s-this is my opinion based on what i had experienced before... sorry if my point is off-topic...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 30-11-2005 07:55 AM | Show all posts
Food been provided by others is similar to Indian societies' custom where the immediate family don't cook anything and relatives who come will do so, usually outside the house. :hmm:

As for Indians, prayers and all is conducted on 15th and 30th day of anniversary of the death and relatives are invited to come and eat and such during that day.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 4-12-2005 04:54 PM | Show all posts
What Hindu people doing in wearing gold?

Use magic Report

Post time 5-12-2005 01:00 PM | Show all posts
What's wrong wearing gold?

Not sure, maybe they think gold is easier to keep than money and also don't get burned easily compared to paper money in a case of fire.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-12-2005 02:21 PM | Show all posts
What Hindu people do to deliver perfect punishment for the wrongs committed?

Use magic Report

Post time 15-12-2005 02:44 PM | Show all posts
by fleurzsa

What Hindu people do to deliver perfect punishment for the wrongs committed?  

Depends whether the crime is intentionally or unintentionally (forced).

If a person forced to steal when his family is starving, then how can you punish such person? So, punishment for him could be that he work for the amount of what he had stolen to the person he stole from.

If it is intentionally (like robbers who robs others for wealth) then we have Karma. What they steal today in state of greedness will be repaid tomorrow. If you murder someone, you will be losing your life or a limp thus suffer for the rest of your life and so on.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-12-2005 03:13 PM | Show all posts
What Hindu people do about their divine books?

Use magic Report

Post time 15-12-2005 03:18 PM | Show all posts
by fleurzsa

Er ... Read them? :stp:

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-12-2005 03:40 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 15-12-2005 03:18 PM
by fleurzsa
Er ... Read them? :stp:

Okay ;)

I better rest now :gila:

Use magic Report

Saveetha_Angel This user has been deleted
Post time 18-2-2006 11:39 AM | Show all posts
This question was on mind for so long and until now I didnt get any gud answer for it.:stp:

To fleurzsa....dont get offended...

May I know why Malays (women) call their husband, brother and son as abang? Pls enlighten me. I do ask some of my malay colleagues but they couldnt answer properly.....thanks:tq:

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 19-2-2006 05:50 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Saveetha_Angel at 18-2-2006 11:39 AM
This question was on mind for so long and until now I didnt get any gud answer for it.:stp:
To fleurzsa....dont get offended...
May I know why Malays (women) call their husband, brother and s ...

Bcz they r all male.  A husband is like a brother ( mostly in age)  to a wife. Abang is a Malay word for brother. A son is a brother to his sister.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-2-2006 07:40 AM | Show all posts
by fleurzsa

Bcz they r all male.  A husband is like a brother ( mostly in age)  to a wife. Abang is a Malay word for brother. A son is a brother to his sister.  

Yalah ... they all males, but the relationships between them is different so they should be different calls for them, right? :stp:

Calling the husband - "Sayang" in public is not appropriate. Nampak macam gatal sangat. :hmm:

Use magic Report

Saveetha_Angel This user has been deleted
Post time 20-2-2006 03:45 PM | Show all posts
Even tough all of them r males...but the relationship is different....one is husband, another one is son and another one is brother.....yeah la....u r calling ur husband abang but ur son n ur brother will turn too.....it is not so appropriate rite?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-2-2006 12:12 PM | Show all posts
I call my youngest brother...sayang ...he he he he

Biasanya dlm satu keluarga itu, bila dah panggil anak lelaki abang... suami akan dipanggil dgn nama lain...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

7-5-2024 03:29 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.292766 second(s), 47 queries .