CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2393|Reply: 11

Buying a closed pub

[Copy link]
Post time 20-5-2021 12:48 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi, I am considering buying a pub that has been closed for two years (not COVID) I have a few questions that my local planning office want to give me the answers. I have tried to find out the info online but am struggling, so if anyone here has any info to pass on I would be really grateful on the following:

1) changing use to residential
2) changing use to a licensed cafe
3) how long can we live in it before opening and trading
4) do you have to pay business tax while it's closed

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-5-2021 01:14 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
hang try buat business laundry cafe....lama nunggu basuh dan kering pakaian tu....boleh la mkn2,minum2 sikit2.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2021 01:54 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hi there. I dont understand your question. U buying a pub n turning it into residential? Y? N then convert it to cafe? Y not straight away convert it to cafe. What type of building the pub occupy? Shoplot, residential bungalow etc?

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2021 03:08 PM | Show all posts
No1 & 2 need planning consent,
No3  I am sure if you can live over the premises as long as you like
No4  Yes check if you are initiated to any relief,also worth checking internet on the subject of how to save on empty property business rates.
Anything better refer to a business consultant.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-5-2021 03:09 PM | Show all posts
Skuau replied at 20-5-2021 01:14 PM
hang try buat business laundry cafe....lama nunggu basuh dan kering pakaian tu....boleh la mkn2,minu ...

Ade tengok jugak tapi dekat area ni dah banyak laundry, kalau nak bukak untuk laundry cafe pulak dengan masa covid tak sure sesuai ke tak, orang pun tak boleh nak duduk.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-5-2021 03:16 PM | Show all posts
dinahatta replied at 20-5-2021 01:54 PM
Hi there. I dont understand your question. U buying a pub n turning it into residential? Y? N then c ...

Hello, its just an idea, i might want to turn it into a residential + cafe, i want to build it sort of like motel. Either u can stay there for vacation or u can use the cafe regularly for food. Its a 2 storeyresidential bungalow.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 20-5-2021 03:57 PM | Show all posts
I used to stuck stuck on these process when opening business. Maybe u can consider going for marketing & branding masterclass. I learn from the foundation there. For me when u can understand the foundation surely u can see your business clearly.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-5-2021 04:16 PM | Show all posts
design_ninja replied at 20-5-2021 03:57 PM
I used to stuck stuck on these process when opening business. Maybe u can consider going for marketi ...

Actually im still planning just i want to look on all possible opportunities. Is it really worth it to take these courses?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-5-2021 04:19 PM | Show all posts
kimchibuu replied at 20-5-2021 04:16 PM
Actually im still planning just i want to look on all possible opportunities. Is it really worth i ...

Its always best to learn from courses than learning things yourself. I am a business owner myslef and i find it hard if u wasnt equipped with knowledge to begin with. Years ago classes were very expensive. Free classes doesnt provide the same knowledge as the paid ones. Its important to know where u get these knowledges from.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2021 04:24 PM | Show all posts
kimchibuu replied at 20-5-2021 04:16 PM
Actually im still planning just i want to look on all possible opportunities. Is it really worth i ...

Sure worth becuase sorts of thing u will gain from classes, lets say u want to open cafe sure alot of competitors right. So u learn how to stand out from the rest. Then u will want to know how to get sales and leads.

I believe people put more trust in brands, thats why people prefer to buy from oldtown, starbucks than other cafes. Important to know how to create and grow our own powerful brands.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2021 04:28 PM | Show all posts
gogo44 replied at 20-5-2021 04:19 PM
Its always best to learn from courses than learning things yourself. I am a business owner myslef  ...

Agreed, we want to get something meaningful not just pep talk. The class i went was lead by of the best marketing & branding guru, Long Yun Siang. If u go to their website u can see he already worked with alot of top brands. When i see it or course im excited. That was my goal too.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-5-2021 04:32 PM | Show all posts
I think u need to find the best business u can open in your area.
Theres always risk in doing business. We either making profit or loss. I case of loss we always try to minimize it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-4-2024 10:44 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057927 second(s), 38 queries .