Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: minho_nora

[SBS] ♫ The Musical ♫ ~ Goo HyeSun, Choi Daniel ~ 2nd September 2011

[Copy link]
Post time 3-9-2011 09:33 PM | Show all posts
thanks siidudul from soompi

[Spoiler] ‘The Musical’ airs its first episode!
by cduswnl on September 3, 2011 at 2:27 am

On September 2nd, SBS’s new drama ‘The Musical‘ aired its first episode!

The episode introduces the story of ‘Go Eun Bi’ (played by Goo Hye Sun), an honest and hardworking medical student who’s completely in love with musicals. She claims that adding medical terminology into musical numbers makes it easier to memorize them; she also respects top musical actress Bae Kang Hee more than the nobel prize winner Albert Schweitzer.

Eun Bi takes a leave of absence from medical school behind her father’s back, and applies for multiple musical auditions but gets rejected by each one. However, Eun Bi is a girl who does not know how to give up.

Meanwhile, famous composer/musical director Hong Jae Yi (played by Daniel Choi) is a talented and handsome guy, but doesn’t always make a great first impression on people. He is very care-free, has a high level of aesthetic sensitivity, and basically does whatever he wants.

During the episode, Eun Bi and Jae Yi bump into each other several times by coincidence. When Jae Yi happens to hear Eun Bi singing by the Han River one day, he criticizes her singing with the comment, “Hey little lady, you really can’t sing. You’re not supposed to sorrowfully wail that song like that“, and reveals to her that he was the original composer of the song she was singing.

At this, Eun Bi just gives a short laugh and replies, “If you’re Hong Jae Yi, then I’m Bae Kang Hee!”, but Jae Yi leaves her with the warning, “Don’t even dream of becoming a musical actress if you have no talent“.

Fast forward a year later, and we can see that Eun Bi still hasn’t given up on her dream to become a musical actress. When the two characters happen to meet once again, Jae Yi ends up playing the piano for Eun Bi while she sings to his accompaniment, but this time he forms a smile on his face instead of criticizing her, hinting that the two may form an interesting relationship in the future.

Viewers praised Goo Hye Sun’s hidden singing talents and Daniel Choi’s portrayal of a cheerful yet tough character with comments such as, “They really good together“, “I’m looking forward to the acting“, and “‘The Musical’ is really entertaining!

Source + Photo: Newsen via Nate
Link : Allkpop

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-9-2011 02:00 AM | Show all posts
baru download epi. 1......nanti baru nak tgk

Use magic Report

Post time 4-9-2011 02:02 AM | Show all posts
sapa dah tgk.....best ke???

Use magic Report

Post time 4-9-2011 08:16 PM | Show all posts
sapa dah tgk.....best ke???
eddlisa_uyuk Post at 4-9-2011 02:02

belum lagi sis...tengah DL ... ;)

p/s: selamat hari raya sis

Use magic Report

Post time 4-9-2011 08:24 PM | Show all posts
dah start ker?? mlm kang baru nak donlod lah jawapannyer..

Use magic Report

Post time 4-9-2011 08:25 PM | Show all posts
belum lagi sis...tengah DL ...

p/s: selamat hari raya sis
yt Post at 4-9-2011 08:16 PM

hihihi.......samalahhh dah download nanti baru nak tgk
SELAMAT HARI RAYA TO U TOO

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 5-9-2011 10:50 AM | Show all posts
dah tgk w/out subs.....tp senang nak paham citer nih....best2..lawak giler...choi daniel pun takde la berlakon bodoh2 sengal....cool giler character dia. suka gak ngan 2nd hero...tak sabar nak tgk dia jatuh cinta ngan eun bi

akan support hyesun foreverrrrrrrr!! hehe

Use magic Report

Post time 6-9-2011 12:42 AM | Show all posts
citer nih seminggu satu epi je ke???

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-9-2011 01:50 PM | Show all posts
citer nih seminggu satu epi je ke???
eddlisa_uyuk Post at 6-9-2011 00:42

a'a~setiap hari jumaat sahaja

Use magic Report

Post time 7-9-2011 01:52 PM | Show all posts
dah tgk w/out subs.....tp senang nak paham citer nih....best2..lawak giler...choi daniel pun takde l ...
Jelita Post at 5-9-2011 10:50

komawo kaka jel kerana menyokong saya,poreber eber gituk~*larikkkkk*

Use magic Report

Post time 7-9-2011 09:28 PM | Show all posts
thanks meow13 for the pics from soompi

BTS from The Musical
Resized to 60% (was 1157 x 771) - Click image to enlarge

Resized to 50% (was 1392 x 928) - Click image to enlarge

Resized to 43% (was 1600 x 1067) - Click image to enlarge

Resized to 57% (was 1200 x 800) - Click image to enlarge

Cre SBS

Use magic Report

Post time 7-9-2011 09:31 PM | Show all posts
thanks eunhye05 from soompi

GOO HYE SUN WILL NOT LAY LOW FOR ‘THE MUSICAL’

Ku Hye Sun recently talked about her feelings regarding SBS’s Friday series The Musical.

The first episode of the series was aired on the 2nd. Ku played the role of Go Eun Bi, a medical student, and dressed up as the cartoon character ‘Sailor Moon’. People received her performance well and eagerly anticipate the rest of the series to see her passionately searching for her dreams.

A spokesperson for Ku said, “The series is trying many different things that never have been shown on a TV series before. Ku is trying hard to do her best. I want people to see a different side of her.”

He added, “In the series, Ku will sing and do all sorts things that she has practiced very hard. She will not lay down low.”

The Musical is about young people who perform musicals. Besides Ku, Choi Daniel, Park Ki Woong and more will appear on the series.

Source: OSEN from Nate
Credits: en.Korea.com

Use magic Report

Post time 10-9-2011 11:56 AM | Show all posts
ending semlm~

cr:soompi

Use magic Report

Post time 10-9-2011 12:05 PM | Show all posts

Ku Hye Sun in The Musical reveals, “Musical feels like an electric shock.”
September 10, 2011 1:03 am ilnungcha

In the second episode of SBS TV’s The Musical, Ko Eun Bi (played by Ku Hye Sun) meets with Hong Jay (played by Choi Daniel), who is a composer of great genius.
Eun Bi and Jay have met before. When Jay was drunk, Ko Eun Bi bombarded rough words such as: hobo, homeless person. Eun Bi apologized to Jay when they met later on.
Jay asked Eun Bi, “Why do you like musical?” Eun Bi replied, “I’m not sure… maybe a musical ghost is haunting me.”
She continued, “The first musical that made me feel that way is ‘Billy Elliot’. When Billy was asked, ‘How do you feel when you dance?’ by the judges of the ballet school, he replied, ‘It feels like an electric shock.’ I feel just like him.”
Eun Bi said to Jay, “I think you are the same. The one who made this song must love musical.” Jay responded, “You can never be like Bae Kang Hee (played by Ok Joo Hyun). Bae Kang Hee has to become more like you.”
Jay surprised Eun Bi by recommending her to the theater.
Source: TvReport

Use magic Report

Post time 10-9-2011 09:08 PM | Show all posts

Uploaded by woraluck @yt
crC

Use magic Report

Post time 11-9-2011 09:20 PM | Show all posts
thanks cheerkoo for the translation from soompi

Episode 2—

Starts with Hong and Go singing at the piano.

Go: There are no words to the song.

H-You can just lalala or you can even create your own lyrics…..hmmm…like how you first met your teacher whom you call Sam.

Choi praises her for reading music so well.

When she finishes, he says he really likes it. And, asks her to continue but Go says her story ended. But Hong keeps on playing his music and she thinks and thinks and finally sings about how she first met Hong Jay one year ago and how his hurtful criticism motivated her to take a year of leave and start auditioning.  Go sang about Hong Jay as a drunkard who referred himself as Hong Jae when he did not even resemble an inch (a toe)----

Sa Bok Ja wakes up and wonders where she is—this place is really great—my headache---she spots H and G and wonders what kind of mood both were in….

H—he sees how nervous and uncomfortable G is and asks her Why/What?
G—I am sorry.  (H is making her suffer more by asking her what is she sorry about…) You composed music that I really respect and love and, without knowing that, I called you a drunkard and pauper kkengkkengyi (I don’t know what that means..)….I said things without thinking…

H—You were right, I was drunkard and penniless kkengkkengyi

G-NO NO…that is not what I meant..you are the great composer of musicals.

H—no,,,what I’m saying is that, that day, I was so drunk that what came out of my mouth was that of penniless kkengkkengyi.

G- I am wondering whether you may hold grudges…

H-I speedily mature/recovers from them. (both smile shyly)

Sa—(getting upset and angry) That is where I am suppose to be (and hits herself with the big raddish)

H- Regarding that music score,,,did you memorize it after just one look?

G-yes

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-9-2011 09:21 PM | Show all posts
next~~

H- You are smart. (G smiles)

G—I really love your music and that is why I am wondering if you are going to compose again?

H—You are curious? (G says yes) I am also curious about something.  Why do you like musical?

G-I am not sure why this happens to me but..hmm, but these musical ghosts attach themselves to me. (She laughs and he laughs about her musical ghosts…)  The musical that first gave me that feeling was Billy.

H-Billy Elliot? (OMG—I love Billy Ellot!!)

G- You know that part where the Ballet School judges ask Billy what he feels when he dances. And, remember what Billy says? He says it feels like electricity runs through his whole body. …Well, that is like that with me.. When I dance and sing, it is like I am hit by a flash of lightening. It feels like over 100,000 volt of lightening is going all through my body—really—it is that piercing..(at first she seemed embarrassed to talk about why she loves musical but do you notice how she brightens up like a kid as she talks about it---that gave me the goosebumps..keke)   Aren’t you like that too, sunsengnim?

H-me?

G- I feel like I know when I listen to your songs.  When I am watching your musical, I would think to myself that the person who wrote this music must really love musicals. (silence)

H—I hear you want to become a musical actress?

G—(brightly) yes. (laughing) like Bae GangHee sunbae-nim.

H—You cannot become like Bae GangHee  (this can be heard again as a criticism…notice her look)

G—I guess you are right..

H-Bae GangHee should become like you.

G—huh?

Hong is alone and thinking about what G says and he says to himself..” ‘Lightening’----I was hit by them countless times.” (So Hong really understood where G was coming from and what G said brought him back to his past and who he was and what he forgot so far…..In a way, Go EunBi hit Hong Jae with a big volt of lightening! keke)

Hong visits the office of Director Han and Han is very surprised and jokes whether he should call the press. He also talks about how Hong’s recent pop song called Love Love is sung everywhere. (That is how Hong Jae also makes money since he left musical work.) Dir Han asks why he came. Hong says that he came to recommend an actor as he heard that Dir Han is looking.  Dir Han kind of sarcastically asks Hong, are you asking us to have faith since it is a recommendation from Hong Jae? Then what about compensation?  With such a request, I would think you would surely bring a gift of some sort?

H—I feel that something good may happen to you.

Dir Han—Are you going to compose a musical for me or something?

H-I hope you help me.

DirH—Even so, I cannot just agree to do this just like that. I can give the actor an unannounced audition in 3 days and  see for  myself.  Is the actor that you are recommending a male or female. (Hong hesitates.)

Go—Are you joking to me about that audition? (But H starts playing piano.)

H- It will happen in 3 days. It is an audition only for you. It is an audition where they have half agreed to accept you.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-9-2011 09:23 PM | Show all posts
next~~

G-How can such a thing happen to me? Why did you do it?

H-Just because….I feel like it will be interesting-----(more to himself) in a long time.

G- wow, thank you so much ,,,Thank you. I don’t know how I will repay you. I will also tell my sons and daughters to…

H—Hey, I don’t have that much time..with the ability that you have now, you have absolutely no chance.

G-Then,,what do I do?

H—What do you think you should do?  (G is getting ready to leave and H asks her what she is doing.)

G—I am going to go home so that ,,

H—I know you are talking about your music teacher who says she is from New York? You are trying to receive 3 day lessons from her? (Go says yes.) Just leave her alone and do it with me.  

G- I am really happy about that but I have no money to give you for lesson..and Christine is really a good person.

Sa Bok Ja---Hey, think very carefully…I never lied to you.

G—You said that you were working in NY and Bae GangHee sunbae called you and that is why you came to Korea.

Sa—I never said that. That is why detail is so important when it comes to people.  I just said Sunbae not Bae Gang Hee sunbae. You are the one who said Bae GangHee sunbae.. (So, Go is remembering her meeting and interaction with Sa Bok Ja. IN her excitement and desperation, Go believed what she wanted to about Sa Bok Ja who left out the details and led Go EunBi along so that she gets free room and board and lots of free food from Go. )  You remember ?? It was you who wanted to believe it was Bae sunbae.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-9-2011 09:24 PM | Show all posts
next~~

G-Then is it true that you did work in New York?

Sa—That also depends on how you look at things. (notice Go’s expression—she realized that she fell for the con-game keke) I just said I was working in NY and working could mean many different things---it could be musical or something else…Think about this,,,,because of me, you got to meet the great composer like Hong Jae…wait a minute…I am getting upset now. If you came to pick me up, that is all that you should have done. But why were you there having coffee with him and talking and singing with him??  (Sa Bok Ja is great at turning the table and making the other person as the user—keke But Go is not going along this time.)

G-I am sorry but how old are you? (stuns Sa) So you are 2 years older than I am..and ?? to become more friendly you told me to call you Sam ..But I found out that you are same age as me. (Then Go puts out her hand and Sa and Sa says what. Go wants to be very clear about things.—then Sa plays poor me or m=pity me act in front of Go.)

Sa—if you mix the story of Miss Saigon and Les Mis. That is my story. (fake tears) Go falls on the bed frustrated. )

HJ is playing piano.

At the home of Dir Han and Bae GangHee. Their relationship has unspoken  strain in it.  He wanted to massage her legs as she practiced hard but she tells him to go to sleep before her and she will follow later. He agrees but senses that distance from her.  Then Dir turns around to his wife and asks: Is Jay a type to also fall in love? I did not think so either. But he came today to recommend an actress and she is someone who already failed several of our auditions already.  Bae is just listening. (It is kind of interesting that Dir Han thinks of Hong Jae as kind of guy who does not fall in love---maybe just a playboy or something??) Dir Han says to his wife that he will see her for an audition in 3 days and both says it is interesting.

Go is blow drying her hair and Sa is awakened by the noise. Go apologizes for the noise. Sa wonders if it is another job or a date and Go shyly and loudly says NO. Sa says that she know that Go is in no situation to date and just wants Go to hurry up and leave so that she can go back to sleep.

Go rings Hong’s bell.

Hong: I know I told you to come early but this is really early. Can you sing this early?

G- I have been up already for more than 3 hours so it is sufficient. H tells her to come in and Go quietly says, I will be barging in for a while…(So, Go is a kind of girl driven by her dream but she does not go about it in a mean way—she even has sympathy for SA—ke)

Use magic Report

Post time 11-9-2011 09:24 PM | Show all posts
next~~

Meeting the Yoo Jin and Suh Rah Gyung couple: She is on the phone with a certain company president and tells him that she can be there in an hour and gets a call from her fiancé and tell the pres that she will call him later. She tell her fiancé that she is not busy (which is not true because she has to be somewhere in an hour.) He asked her to meet him for coffee and she agrees saying that she is very close to where he is. She then gets a call from that president whom she was talking before and tells him that she suddenly had an emergency and says that she will be there by 4:30pm. (So to her, her fiancé comes before anything and anybody.)  She again lies to her fiancé saying that he called her at a good timing and that she is thankful to him. He asks her if she is not busy and she says no. (another lie) But when Yoo Jin gets a business call, he takes the call. (So, he does not put his business on hold for his fiancé.) We see Suh Ra Gyung looking at her watch which says 3:30 and she has to be somewhere by 4:30 and her fiancé is on the phone but looks sorry to her. (So, they seem to be respectful and kind of caring but somewhat too gentle…right??)

Go is practicing with Hong and he tells her that she has to hold her breath properly. If not at high pitch, her voice cracks. He asks her if she is feeling dizzy as she sang very high pitch. Then he offers her beverage and she says she will bring it.

At Go’s house. Sa also was returning from work and Go shortly comes in and just falls asleep on the bed dead tired.  (So, Go has been practicing all day at Hong’s) Sa says it is strange and that their situation has changed. It is usually Go who would yell at Sa for not washing up before going to sleep. (I love GEB’s apartment—has a Japanese flair somehow??)

So Sa is suspicious and follows Go delivering milk. (Did you guys notice that GHS is biking uphill? That is hard to do in my experience. Wow she is really in shape for someone who really does look very thin and frail.Right??) We also hear Go screaming in excitement as she bikes around.—keke

We meet Suh RAGyung’s father who must be wealthy as he has a chauffeur and he brings his daughter lunch box for her and her whole staff….(looks delicious!!) Her father must do this often. One of the coworker says that today’s lunch is like what a king would eat in Chosun era. Before he brought Denmark style lunch.  (I wonder why her father does that?? Somewhat weird—don’t you think??) The lady on the left is funny—she is scolded by her boss for being too ogling over the food and not maintaining manners. The funny lady says there is no reason for manners when everything you eat goes to make more fat anyway….When  she gets scolded again, the funny lady says that she is sorry for destroying everybody’s appetite and she says that she will just have to eat everything by herself.;;;

Go has finished delivering milk and is about to eat. Then SA walks in. Go asks her where she has been this early. Sa says that she was exercising as the essence of actor’s nutrition is exercising.

G-chet (Hah!) You used to say that one must arise from such stereotypical and general rules in order to become a unique actress.

SaBok—Man, I just cannot get along with people who have good memory. (haha) Go says let’s eat. Sa asks her is Go is leaving again after eating. Go says that she has to go out until tomorrow. Sa says that there is a chance for a part time job and why is Go not asking how much it is—Sa still volunteers the information saying it is 40000won an hour. But Go tells her that she cannot do it and that is why she was not asking how much.  Sa is still suspicious and finds out that Go has been receiving lessons from Hong Jae. So she says to herself that there is an old saying that it is the nice and quiet kitty that gets to sit at the warm fire side first. And all the pretty and smart ‘pinkberryes” drops pumpkin seeds at every step they walk..(I am not sure if I translated that saying correctly—but what is important is that Sa is not happy but very begrudgingly angry that Go got the chance and she did not. And she is cursing Go out.)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

19-10-2024 12:28 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.042153 second(s), 27 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.