CariDotMy

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

johnny depp....ENTERTAINER of the year 2003 n SEXIEST MAN ALIVE (PEOPLE Magazine

[Copy link]
Post time 21-7-2006 11:13 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-7-2006 11:14 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 11:16 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 11:17 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 11:18 AM | Show all posts
10 Things to Love About JohnnyHe's a true original: From his humor to his tattoos, find out why we can't get enough of the Pirates of the Caribbean star.

1. HIS GOOD LOOKS

Those high cheekbones, those soulful brown eyes ? it's no wonder why Johnny Depp's Pirates of the Caribbean costar Keira Knightley calls him "eye candy." But the chiseled actor (in the Bahamas in February) doesn't get the fuss about his own allure. "I have no idea," he says.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 11:19 AM | Show all posts

2. HIS DEVOTION TO HIS KIDS

Becoming a father to Lily-Rose, 7, and Jack, 4 (with ladylove Vanessa Paradis), "has given me great strength, great perspective, great calm," says Depp. At home at their $2 million villa in Plan-de-la-Tour, France, a favorite activity is heading with his "kiddies" to "the trampoline and the swing set, and we'll stop by the garden and see how our tomatoes are doing," he told Newsweek.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 21-7-2006 11:19 AM | Show all posts

3. HIS TATTOOS

Depp has been getting inked since the early '80s and has more than 12 tattoos mapped out over his body. "I jot down experiences that mean something to me ? jot them down permanently," he told The New York Times. They include his son's name scripted on his right forearm and daughter Lily-Rose's above his heart, and a Native American profile on his right bicep paying homage to his Cherokee heritage.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 11:20 AM | Show all posts

4. HIS GRATEFULNESS

He doesn't take stardom for granted. "Johnny has been through the sausage machine of Hollywood and come out the other side still standing," says Pirates costar Orlando Bloom. In fact, Depp (in L.A. in 2005) tops Autograph Collector magazine's list of the most generous celebs. "He's even signed autographs for crowds at the airport while carrying luggage," says editor Steve Cyrkin.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-7-2006 11:20 AM | Show all posts

5. HIS RETRO STYLE

1940s-era suits, vintage fedoras and well-worn shoes are classic Johnny, but Depp doesn't consider himself a sharp-dressed man. "I was 3 years old and my mom and dad dressed me up as a hobo for Halloween. The only difference between now and then is that then they drew more beard on me than I can actually grow," he says.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 11:21 AM | Show all posts

6. HIS SENSE OF HUMOR

Getting slimed from head to toe at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards in 2005 was "a lot of fun," says Depp. And the actor has earned a rep as a prankster: He planted whoopee cushions on the chairs of his Finding Neverland costars and gave Leonardo DiCaprio "disgusting things to smell" on the set of What's Eating Gilbert Grape, says director Lasse Hallstrom.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 11:22 AM | Show all posts

7. HIS ECLECTIC FRIENDS

Depp "gravitates to outsiders," says filmmaker pal Jim Jarmusch, and his chosen company shows it. Depp has counted among his friends Marilyn Manson (left) and the late gonzo journalist Hunter S. Thompson, whom he played in '98's Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. After the writer's 2005 death, he even footed the bill for a lavish sendoff at Thompson's Woody Creek, Colo., ranch.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 11:22 AM | Show all posts

8. HIS SENTIMENTALITY

"I always have on my little trinkets," says Depp of his assemblage of accessories, including a plastic necklace made by daughter Lily-Rose, a medallion bearing her name, and a leather cuff modeled after the one he wore in 1986's Platoon. "He has little superstitions, and things that are comforting to him become his friends," says pal Jarmusch.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 11:23 AM | Show all posts

9. HIS CHAMELEON WAYS

The Oscar nominee has made an art of disappearing into his roles ? among them, (clockwise from left) Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates), Willy Wonka (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), a Cuban transvestite (Before Night Falls) and Hunter S. Thompson (Fear and Loathing). "With all of my characters, it's just depressing to leave them," Depp told Rolling Stone recently.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 11:23 AM | Show all posts

10. HIS LOVE FOR HIS LADY

"I just knew, you know, it's over with," he told Oprah Winfrey of meeting French pop singer Vanessa Paradis in Paris in 1998. Since then the couple (in January) ? who've never married ? have been inseparable. "Our story is love and friendship united," she wrote in a tribute to Depp in French Elle. "I have the impression that no one could love the way we love."

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 11:24 AM | Show all posts
Johnny Depp: Style GuyThe Charlie and the Chocolate Factory star is known for his offbeat outfits. Is he a trendsetter or a fashion victim?

HOLLYWOOD

At the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory premiere, Depp took the film's title to heart, sporting a cocoa-colored blazer and fedora, plus purple specs and two-tone shoes that matched the movie poster.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 11:25 AM | Show all posts

VENICE, ITALY

Nattily attired in a pinstriped suit, Depp cleaned up with a new haircut and close shave for last year's premiere of Finding Neverland.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-7-2006 11:26 AM | Show all posts

LOS ANGELES

At January's Golden Globe Awards, the actor made a bold statement in a retro double-breasted suit complete with 1920s-style spats, wallet chain and crimson pocket square.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 11:26 AM | Show all posts

PARIS

With his striped jacket, mirrored shades, beret and oversize accessories, Depp looked like a cross between a '40s French film director and a '60s bohemian poet early this year.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 11:27 AM | Show all posts

LOS ANGELES

At February's SAG Awards, Depp wore black on black, brightened by a bit of white on his Stacy Adams wingtips.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2006 11:28 AM | Show all posts

VENICE, ITALY

Depp dressed down in a striped polo, baggy white pants and well-worn shoes ? and his favorite purple shades ? at last year's Venice Film Festival.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-6-2024 09:08 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.093279 second(s), 42 queries .