Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Hamyhaireen

...Tunjukkan Khutub Khana anda....

[Copy link]
Post time 22-11-2006 09:27 AM | Show all posts

Reply #318 hamizao's post

wow! so many books and a jumble of subjects. always envied people who could read all sorts of titles

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-11-2006 12:10 PM | Show all posts
Wow, yati....neat and tidy. Congrats. :love:  I understand  the storage issue  like  most book lovers.........worms do.   :geram:

I once visited a home whose owner's father had passed away and you wouldn't believe it. Almost ALL the walls of the house (single storey bungalow in PJ) was lined with book cabinets and the son was selling off his late dad's books. My hubby of course bought a couple of crates of them without my knowledge and with his last dollar (in between jobs,you see)!. Part of it had to be sent back to his kampong where his mum had to sacrifice a whole cabinet for storing them ....thinking that others would share some interest in them.......heheheheh...I didn't think so, unfortunately.

It is always best to develop interest in books when still young as you have. I guess this is something all bookworms share!! But then books  and reading materials may be costly. However, the interest may still be stirred through other means. My hubby always tell us how he would go to the local Balai Polis to read the papers. Ah..............I am sure others have their story roo.:ah:

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 22-11-2006 12:13 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2006 01:52 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 22-11-2006 12:10 PM
Wow, yati....neat and tidy. Congrats. :love:  I understand  the storage issue  like  most book lovers.........worms do.   :geram:

I once visited a home whose owner's father had passed away and y ...

hamizao,
how lucky for your hubby to be able to snatch some of the old guy's books (well, not for you maybe.. ehheh!).  
yes, I'm  the neat kinda person. if you've ever watchd Friends... then I' m Monica. Probably due to the fct that I once had a temporary job at the public library. My husband was amazed when he first saw my book collection coz everything was arranged according to authors, and to the date of publication. Yes, it's sad, i know. Furthermore, I actually purchased a book collection database through the internet and have religiously recorded every single book that i've got. Those in my keeping only though.... even that comes up to about 300++

It's true books are very epensive but tome if it's worth it, I don't mind spending oney on the. I've started to teach my daughter to loe books as well. start em young so that the interest will grow with them...

As I live in Kedah, there' s not much of a secondhand bookstore. So everything has to be bought new. But as a student in UK, I'm ever the familiar face at those bookstores.... every other day asyik muka ni je!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2006 02:33 PM | Show all posts
Oh, indeed ..................how we maintain what is ours is a mirror image of oneself. Your hubby is a lucky guy for having such an organized soulmate. Hhmmmm....I am thinking of creating my own archiving system...........It'll be quite a challenge I am sure if I were to include my hubby's section. I guess I should start with the easy ones first.:hmm:

Oh...you remind  me of Foyles. Used to search for music pieces there too!

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 23-11-2006 01:15 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2006 06:26 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 22-11-2006 02:33 PM
Oh, indeed ..................how we maintain what is ours is a mirror image of oneself. Your hubby is a lucky guy for having such an organized soulmate. Hhmmmm....I am thinking of creating my on ar ...

soulmate??? oh dear! we might be soulmates in other parts but organized we are not. he's the kind that who if he reads a newspaper on the floor, will just up and walk away when done. how lucky am i for having a daughter who's the mirror image of her dad... :geram:

talking bout music, I also organised all my music CDs that i've acquired all this time ----  into male, female artists and groups... just like in the music store... heheh. There's also the VCD and DVD sections.
Also arranged all the photos i could find in this house starting from the 40s up until present time.... all arranged according to date and done in two weeks flat. How's that for being an organizer geek???

hmmm... i might put up the pics of those sort of library some time

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2006 07:28 PM | Show all posts

Reply #323 yatiedin's post

But as a student in UK, I'm ever the familiar face at those bookstores.... every other day asyik muka ni je!!!

Same, same kap. thamrong also spent many many time in Foyles.They even offered me a bed in case I want to spend overnight.:nerd::nerd:

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 23-11-2006 01:32 AM | Show all posts
thamrong, my fren....great to have you back!

yatie, I have the same problem too! I even have to clear the loos often before they too become his libraries. If ever I cannot find the day's papers, just look in the loos.....sure to be in one of them. There is this "floor" culture too. Sometimes when I become so over zealous in clearing his pile I'd forget where I put them away. I am still having problem looking for his Nano-something book and he is losing his patience! Oh  my God!:pray:

Talking about music, there are also the music books  and pieces that may be archived. Gosh, I know I would be sorry once I have started the project......:

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 23-11-2006 01:40 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2006 07:16 AM | Show all posts
Salam
aiseyy ...tak perasan pulak thread ni dulu....kalu dak boleh post gambaq my small collection yg ada dulu...masa nak pindah rumah separuh telah didermakan kepada perpustakaan sebab malas nak mengangkut..pastu bakinya simpan dalam kotak saja...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-11-2006 08:35 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 23-11-2006 01:32 AM
thamrong, my fren....great to have you back!

yatie, I have the same problem too! I even have to clear the loos often before they too become his libraries. If ever I cannot find the day's papers, ...

Hamizao,
The loo?? Hmmm... why does that sound sooooo familiar??? My hubby even went to the extent of buyig a small rack and fix it in the loo... just so he can keep a "library" in the loo :ah:

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2006 08:39 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mantan at 23-11-2006 07:16 AM
Salam
aiseyy ...tak perasan pulak thread ni dulu....kalu dak boleh post gambaq my small collection yg ada dulu...masa nak pindah rumah separuh telah didermakan kepada perpustakaan sebab malas nak  ...

mantan,
usually yg dlm kotak tu kalau tak unpack within a few months after pindah, alamatnya ber-tahun2 la kat dalam kotak tu buku2 u kot. bila dah lelama tak unpack tu mula la kemalasan melanda....

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2006 03:01 PM | Show all posts

Reply #327 hamizao's post

Swadee Kap Hami....:pray::pray:.Just got back from Chennai. The books in Chennai are bloody cheap. Will post you the picture sooon.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2006 03:40 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by thamrong at 23-11-2006 03:01 PM
Swadee Kap Hami....:pray::pray:.Just got back from Chennai. The books in Chennai are bloody cheap. Will post you the picture sooon.

I believe you......Those days  most of my maths book were of Indian publication ...very cheap!

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2006 05:49 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by yatiedin at 23-11-2006 08:39 AM

mantan,
usually yg dlm kotak tu kalau tak unpack within a few months after pindah, alamatnya ber-tahun2 la kat dalam kotak tu buku2 u kot. bila dah lelama tak unpack tu mula la kemalasan melan ...

:bgrin: mmg pun yatie,  la ni pun duk tak tetap lagi..tunggu masuk umah sendiri baru buka kot :bgrin:

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2006 06:12 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by thamrong at 23-11-2006 03:01 PM

Here they are!!!!

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2006 07:11 PM | Show all posts
Wah, hebatnya thamrong! Sukanya library thamrong mendapat member2 baru!

Nanti leh buka thread untuk bincang ttg buku2 itu...:hatdown:

Use magic Report

Post time 25-11-2006 06:39 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by cocklea at 4-7-2006 12:43 PM
Me humble collection. Sorilah bersepah2 sikit. Abis baca, baling. Tak menghargai literature betul aku nih. nantilah, ada free time beli case baru & susun balik buku2 nih:

http://planet.time. ...

Good collection. Tahniah ...:hmm::hmm:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 27-11-2006 11:30 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by thamrong at 23-11-2006 06:12 PM

Here they are!!!!

buku2 kat india memang murah ... maybe labour & paper quality kot ...

Use magic Report

Post time 27-11-2006 11:46 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by yatiedin at 23-11-2006 08:35 AM

Hamizao,
The loo?? Hmmm... why does that sound sooooo familiar??? My hubby even went to the extent of buyig a small rack and fix it in the loo... just so he can keep a "library" in t ...

Heheheh...I think if your's and mine become housemates, I dread to think what would happen. I wonder if it is indeed a blessing that unlike poles attract .....blessing for whom?:hmm:

Use magic Report

Post time 27-11-2006 01:13 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by yatiedin at 23-11-2006 08:35 AM

Hamizao,
The loo?? Hmmm... why does that sound sooooo familiar??? My hubby even went to the extent of buyig a small rack and fix it in the loo... just so he can keep a "library" in t ...

:hmm:sounds interesting:ting::nerd:

Use magic Report

Post time 27-11-2006 03:02 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by seribulan at 27-11-2006 01:13 PM

:hmm:sounds interesting:ting::nerd:

Like your new avatar......

I think, yatie should post a photo of the " loo library". Would you agree?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

29-9-2024 05:25 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.265668 second(s), 33 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.