Jason Mraz - I Won't Give Up

[Copy link]
Post time 14-1-2012 03:00 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Post Last Edit by dauswq at 14-1-2012 15:03

Another ballad coming...

melompat naik no.8 mgg ni tnp promosi

panas hati Muntz

Jason Mraz's 'I Won't Give Up' Storms Hot 100's Top

On the Hot 100, the track's launch is the highest for a male     pop/rock singer-songwriter since      David Cook burst in at     No. 3 with "The Time of My Life" the week of June 7, 2008,     after he was crowned "American Idol" champion.     

On Digital Songs, "Won't" marks the first No. 1 debut since      Lil Wayne's "She Will,"     featuring      Drake, bowed at the summit     the week of Sept. 3, 2011, with 254,000 downloads sold.     

"Won't" is the lead single from     Mraz's as-yet-untitled fourth studio album, due May 8. The set     follows 2008's "We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things.," which     debuted and peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 and has sold     1.7 million copies in the U.S., according to SoundScan.     

Mraz premiered "Won't" live during his 2011 concert tour, well     before an official version was released. The buzz was so great     on the track that it quickly caught viral fire and, in the past     couple weeks, garnered cover versions by YouTube luminaries     Christina Grimmie and Tyler Ward.

Jason Mraz Fine-Tunes 4th Album for 2012       Release     

Dane Venable, Atlantic Records senior VP/marketing, saw Mraz     perform "Won't" at Carnegie Hall in New York in late November     and recalls it as "absolutely breathtaking. It got a standing     ovation." Even though the song had already been laid down in     the studio with a full band, Atlantic then encouraged Mraz to     re-record it acoustically.     

Venable says that Atlantic "knew the emotional impact of the     song" and thought it would be a "great gift for the fans (for     us) to release it at the top of the year, to just kick off 2012     with this gift of hope."     

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough," Mraz     sings in the song's chorus. "I'm giving you all my love. I'm     still looking up."     

As the tracklist for Mraz's forthcoming album is still being     finalized, Atlantic says that it's too early to confirm if both     the acoustic and full-band versions of "Won't" will appear on     the set.     

Last month, Mraz      told     Billboard.com that his new set will feature "less horns,     more piano and guitar textures (and) more vocal landscapes.     That, to me, has always been my favorite part of making music;     the singing and what voices can do and voices singing in     harmony."     

While the official lyric video for "Won't" has racked 2.5     million views since its upload to Mraz's YouTube channel Jan.     2, a proper video is on the way. Atlantic says that Mraz is     currently reviewing treatments and hopes to film the clip     before the end of the month. The label aims to release the     short by the second or third week of February.     

Also due next month: "Won't" will get its first TV performance     Feb. 16 when Mraz sings it on NBC's "Today." The gig is     scheduled two days after "Won't" earns a rare physical CD     single release Feb. 14 - not so coincidentally, Valentine's     Day. The single's tracklist isn't yet final but may include     both the acoustic and full-band versions of "Won't."     

Following the song's viral buzz and impressive sales start,     Atlantic will begin promoting "Won't" to radio, working the     song to Mraz's home bases of adult pop and adult alternative     Feb. 23. The label is likely to follow with a push to pop radio     shortly thereafter.     

"Won't" marks Mraz's second Hot 100 top 10, following his No.     6-peaking 2008 smash "I'm Yours." The latter song set the     record for most weeks (76) that a single has spent on the Hot     100 in the chart's 53-year history. At 5.9 million in digital     sales to-date, "Yours" is the eighth-best-selling download in     SoundScan history and the highest by a male pop/rock     singer-songwriter.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 14-1-2012 03:02 PM | Show all posts
an inspirational song...

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2012 05:34 PM | Show all posts
Reply 2# dauswq

best lagu ni

lagu dia buat lepas putus cinta kan?

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2012 08:18 PM | Show all posts
video klip dia boring lah...

Use magic Report

Post time 17-1-2012 12:10 AM | Show all posts
ni baru lyrics video. official music video tak keluar lagey.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-1-2012 10:52 AM | Show all posts
Reply 3# cmf_summer_snow

tak sangat...susah nak tangkap melodinya...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 17-1-2012 10:52 AM | Show all posts
Reply 4# hydrick

of coz..ni kan Official lyric video

Use magic Report

Post time 17-1-2012 01:51 PM | Show all posts
Reply 7# dauswq

bukan apa. sy nie gak gak tgk muka jason mraz yg kacak tue. tak muncul2 plak... frust....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-1-2012 01:58 PM | Show all posts
owh...so, tak sbr lah nie tunggu video dia.. he3

Use magic Report

Post time 17-1-2012 05:33 PM | Show all posts
He's gay. Not interested.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-1-2012 12:39 PM | Show all posts
im so in love wit this song...awesome..
but it reminds me a lots with Thousand Years-Xtina Perri

Use magic Report

Post time 6-2-2012 06:58 PM | Show all posts
Jason Mraz cute? OMG... muka sangat kertu n dgn lagu2nya yg boring. I'm done.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

22-10-2024 07:46 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.361797 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.