CariDotMy

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3275|Reply: 4

Dennis Hopper Tributes - passed away Saturday

[Copy link]
Post time 31-5-2010 10:39 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

DENNIS Hopper’s friends, loved-ones and co-stars have been paying tribute to the late actor.

The Hollywood legend — who passed away Saturday aged 74, due to complications caused by his prostate cancer — has been praised by numerous celebrities friends who are keen to pay their respects to the screen star.

Dennis’ Easy Rider costar Peter Fonda — who he also wrote the Oscar-nominated script with — admits he was “blessed” to know him.

“Dennis introduced me to the world of Pop Art and ‘lost’ films,” he said. “We rode the highways of America and changed the way movies were made in Hollywood. I was blessed by his passion and friendship.”

Dennis’ Hoosiers costar Gene Hackman admits he also felt privileged to work with the late star.

“As an actor, one is always taken by someone who is different,” he said. “An iconoclast, Dennis was an artist and I will always treasure having worked with him. He will be missed.”

Isabella Rossellini, who starred alongside Dennis in Blue Velvet, has revealed she was shocked by the late actor’s kindness.

“When I first met Dennis on the set of Blue Velvet, he had just come out of rehab,” she said. “I was afraid of him, but Dennis turned out to be infinitely kind, compassionate and understanding. He had gone to hell and came back from it with great wisdom. It will take me a while to realize and accept he isn’t with us any longer.”

Former Guns N’ Roses rocker Slash was also quick to take to his Twitter page in honor of the film star — who was also known for appearing in Apocalypse Now and Rebel Without a Cause, as well as directing several movies.

“You take the great ones for granted until they’re gone. RIP Dennis Hopper,” he wrote.

Actress Christina Applegate also wrote, “Sweet Dennis Hopper. Bless you for your gifts you gave us all these years.”

The actor was surrounded by family and friends for his final moments and dozens of bouquets of flowers are being left at his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

------

RIP dennis... we gonna miss u.. suka tengok lakonan dia..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 31-5-2010 03:37 PM | Show all posts
RIP...

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2010 03:47 PM | Show all posts
"Pop quiz, hotshot. There's a bomb on a bus. Once the bus goes 50 miles an hour, the bomb is armed. If it drops below 50, it blows up. What do you do? What do you do?"

Use magic Report

Post time 13-6-2010 08:50 PM | Show all posts
Reply 3# alphawolf

kalo x silap, tajuk citer ni speed an?

Use magic Report

Post time 16-6-2010 04:31 PM | Show all posts
Yep...teringat line ni sebab masuk dalam 'classic scene' magazine Empire.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

23-10-2024 07:21 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.083808 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.