CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: wei_loon5063

LIFE

[Copy link]
Post time 28-7-2007 12:54 PM | Show all posts
Do we want to detonate our belief boxes? Do we want to jump into bigger boxes? Do we really want to get outside the boxes? Once the truth is revealed in full technicolor, would you still be able to live in the same way?

Metaphysical just for metaphysical sakes or metaphysical for the physical?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-7-2007 02:17 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by wei_loon5063 at 23-7-2007 12:08 PM
What is the ultimate purpose in life?

we constantly plan for future...

we enter good primary school so we can go to good secondary school

we study for SPM so we can go to good Universit ...

Life-long learning........its a very long journey........if my day passes by without me acquiring any  knowledge.....then the day will not be part of my age.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 28-7-2007 02:26 PM | Show all posts

ah~~ u missed out on the most important fact ~

we're here to procreate

Use magic Report

Post time 28-7-2007 02:28 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Agul at 28-7-2007 12:54 PM
Do we want to detonate our belief boxes? Do we want to jump into bigger boxes? Do we really want to get outside the boxes? Once the truth is revealed in full technicolor, would you still be able  ...

sometimes...when u r too comfy inside ur box..u tends to slacken

so by getting outside of ur comfy zone...you are able to see things differently  

Use magic Report

Post time 28-7-2007 06:01 PM | Show all posts

Reply #43 dutchy's post

Some people just want to procreate.

All the time...

Use magic Report

Post time 28-7-2007 06:47 PM | Show all posts

the purpose of living is to live in truth for every breath we take. It is the greatest challenge. in islam We call it JIHAD, the struggle to live in  accordance with quran and sunna.

to do so is to live as a servant of GOD ALMIGHTY. Truly HIS servant or hamba. This is the purpose of living for any human being  in this world since Adam and Eve.

See around you. The sun , the wind, the moon, the river the animals, the mountains, the bacteria and others, they too living in truth as the testament of GOD ALMIGHTY.

Now , the challenge is how does one (muslim ppl) live 'in truth'(according to quran and sunna)? How to jihad in truth?

data becomes information
raw becomes cooked or ripened
dirty becomes cleaned
barbaric becomes civilised
ignorant becomes knowledgeable
lazy becomes industrious
small becomes big
empty becomes full

etc.

what are those above? we could simply called it evolution.

so life is simply an evolution, an ongoing proces from one state becoming another state. From a drop of semen becoming full grown human being.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 28-7-2007 09:20 PM | Show all posts

Reply #46 ajinomotonosuga's post

Good points aji!

what are those above? we could simply called it evolution.

so life is simply an evolution, an ongoing proces from one state becoming another state. From a drop of semen becoming full grown human being.

This is true. Life is always in the state of motion not static. Even perception is changing. Take for example the nude picture of women with fat ass in the classical painting is a true beauty. Today! its something else......

Use magic Report

Post time 28-7-2007 11:02 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Agul at 28-7-2007 06:01 PM
Some people just want to procreate.

All the time...

Result of spending too much time in the box lor!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-7-2007 11:05 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by thamrong at 28-7-2007 09:20 PM
Good points aji!

This is true. Life is always in the state of motion not static. Even perception is changing. Take for example the nude picture of women with fat ass in the classical pain ...

As I have mentioned before  .......change of time...the distinction between various ancient Greek definitions of love have become more and more blurred!

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2007 12:47 AM | Show all posts

Reply #49 hamizao's post

The ancient Greek were genius. They broke away from world of  Supertitious to the world of reasoning  eh!

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2007 11:24 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by thamrong at 29-7-2007 12:47 AM
The ancient Greek were genius. They broke away from world of  Supertitious to the world of reasoning  eh!

Yeah,............. sometimes revolutions are caused before new philosophies take footings. Why ah? Or are they just false beliefs while the true reasons for these revolutions lie elsewhere?

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 29-7-2007 11:44 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2007 11:28 AM | Show all posts

Reply #35 thamrong's post

hedonistic
Munkin ramai yang keliru dengan maksud ini. Kurang adil kalau saya tidak menerangkan apa maksudnya.

Hedonistic asal dari perkataan Hedonisme berkmaksud 'Fahaman yang mengutamakan keseronokan atau kebahagian material sebagai matlamat utama untuk hidup'.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2007 11:49 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by thamrong at 28-7-2007 12:44 PM
Read Sartre my dear friend. Very difficult to digest and I almost go crazy

Am very sure am not quite parallel with his thoughts. I do declare that mine is somewhat influenced by my own riligious philosophy and therefore the essence is primary.

Hedonistic asal dari perkataan Hedonisme berkmaksud 'Fahaman yang mengutamakan keseronokan atau kebahagian material sebagai matlamat utama untuk hidup'.

TQ, tamrong.........it certainly is not ALL. An ascetic may very well feel his life fulfilled whence even without a stitch on his back. Why is it so? Shouldn't there be a unity in purpose in life?

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 29-7-2007 11:59 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2007 12:02 PM | Show all posts

Reply #51 hamizao's post

Aha! that is true. Philosophy cannot provide you the answer. It is not meant to give u the answer. It merely provides you the mechanic to think to arrive to the answer thru dialectical discussion and reasoning.

Socrates a bloody nuisance ( gadfly) never provide an answer to a problem but he throw in several other questions (which seldom been thought of..) to arrive to a solution.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2007 12:33 PM | Show all posts

Reply #52 thamrong's post

Glorification of sensation...

Sensates?

It's more on physical sensation, rather than intelectual or spiritual.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2007 12:38 PM | Show all posts
Shouldn't there be a unity in purpose in life?

Wouldn't it be a chaotic world if there is no unity in purpose in life?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-7-2007 12:59 PM | Show all posts
IMHO, life is a blancing act.

We develop in mind, body and soul. Real life is complete expression of these three coherent parts. none of these is nobler or holier than the other.

We are not to live like swine and to seek physical gratification only... That is not complete life.

Just seeking intellectual or mental pleasure, obtain knowedge, is not healthy (hint, hint...).

Sacrificing yourself for the good of others, altruism, spiritual pleasure is just a part of life. It is not the complete story. The joy of the soul is just part of our life. We are given physical body for a reason.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2007 01:22 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Agul at 29-7-2007 12:59 PM
IMHO, life is a blancing act.

We develop in mind, body and soul. Real life is complete expression of these three coherent parts. none of these is nobler or holier than the other.

We are not ...

Absolutely true my friend. We need to seek balance in life.
Swine is very unholy animal in the holy book. But the sign and presence of swines are everywhere. Try watching people devour their meals in the posh restraunt make you wonder what type of person he/she is.
Altruism is dead..We have nobody to fall back to. Just like Friedrich Nietzsche said " God is Dead".

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2007 07:57 PM | Show all posts
By Agul:
We are given physical body for a reason.

Some people believe that it is because of the fallen and therefore mankind is to suffer. I prefer to look at physical life as a gift and a great opportunity not accorded to any other being.

By thamrong:
Swine is very unholy animal in the holy book. But the sign and presence of swines are everywhere. Try watching people devour their meals in the posh restraunt make you wonder what type of person he/she is.

What's the relevance?

Altruism is dead..We have nobody to fall back to. Just like Friedrich Nietzsche said " God is Dead".

Oh dear! I just do not wish to believe in this.......!But then nothing comes from nothing, so if we can create the presence of goodness then perhaps it would go round and one day return to you......Am I wishful thinking?

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 29-7-2007 08:10 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 30-7-2007 10:06 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hamizao at 29-7-2007 07:57 PM
Oh dear! I just do not wish to believe in this.......!But then nothing comes from nothing, so if we can create the presence of goodness then perhaps it would go round and one day return to you......Am I wishful thinking?..

What Nietzsche....

Maybe he's drunk at that time...

I propose you write down what good you gives, and what good you gets... Would be an interesting experiment...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

28-5-2024 02:00 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.198154 second(s), 43 queries .