Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: jaeden85

I LOVE BETTY Starring Bea Alonzo

[Copy link]
Post time 19-9-2008 09:36 AM | Show all posts

Philstar.com - Thursday, September 18

Being John Lloyd Cruz the actor is being able to portray as many roles as he can (from the teenybopper Rovic of Tabing Ilog to the nearly Mr.Perfect Popoy of One More Chance).

That's why when the schizophrenic role of Chris offered to him for this Saturday's Maalaala Mo Kaya (MMK) episode on ABS-CBN, John Lloyd greenlighted on the  project right there and then, so to speak.

The story of the young man out of his sanity from Bacolod is John Lloyd's meatiest role for TV so far. It is also his comeback role for the weekly-drama anthology after two years.

John Lloyd is no Eric Morrison nor a method actor on MMK. He is simplyjust the actor who takes his craft seriously. The MMK character is oneof John Lloyd's many attempts to be daring and oftentimes thinking asan actor.
"It is not gory," says John Lloyd on the story/material for theupcoming episode of MMK whose title, as a sort of tradition, will berevealed as soon as it ends along with the credits crawling. "It maylook or appear off-beat but it is a love story. We have to watch it tosee the entirety of the story and let's see for ourselves where thelead actor is coming from or the story itself."

Taking cues from the rushes and teasers of MMK, John Lloyd has raised the bar for himself.

"I'm thankful to have worked with Alessandra de Rossi," shares the StarMagic talent about his tandem with Alex, who can also be seen on I LoveBetty La Fea. "She could easily get into her character (my wife) andleave it when the take is over. I had to be in character for the restof the day, however."

The MMK episode is about a family man whose life is being controlled by his paranoia and who lives in a different world. The story seems to go in the thread of the late Dindo Fernando'sMortal, Russell Crowe's A Beautiful Mind, Diana Zubiri/FrancinePrieto's Silip.

When he traverses to that make-believe world, Chris, says John Lloyd,thinks that he is Lucifer's messiah and feels that his wife Alexcontradicts all his beliefs and doings. His disillusionment forces him to put the lives of his loved ones inperil. Chris' mental condition tests the love and patience of Alex'scharacter.

Aside from the compelling drama MMK presents, televiewers should alsotake a look that some of our kababayan suffering from schizophrenianeed medical attention. They are neglected by the government and theirown families. But this mental condition can be treated if propermedication and attention is rendered.

The story somehow shows that less parental attention on their childrenmay lead to this condition. Chris is the 12th child in the brood of 13. "It is refreshing after doing the safer roles," says John Lloyd ofplaying Chris who has the tendency to become violent, hurting himselfand others in the process. "It is challenging to play the common people(like the addict and the psychopath). Portraying such character isalways an acting journey. What challenges me is to put a heart in thecharacter or give color to it."

To get the pyscho, weird look and to play the part, John Lloyd went toa mental hospital and observed some patients, the way they looked andacted. He veered away from watching the works of Crowe, Gina Pare駉 andJhong Hilario, who all played similar roles on TV and film, to give hisown honest, sincere interpretation of the schizo Chris.

Problem with John Lloyd as an actor is, he can easily remember andrepeat the nuances of other actors once he watches and studies them.

Is Chris his dream role?
"I don't set or make a list of my dream roles," answers John Lloyd, whowill start shooting his and Sarah Geronimo's second movie after thebox-office success of A Very Special Love in November. "I just want toportray as many roles as I can. And for the criticisms (I havereceived), I take them constructively. I have to be ready. As an actor,I have to try harder." - Jerry Donato (Philstar News Service, www.philstar.com)

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-9-2008 09:47 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 19-9-2008 05:32 PM | Show all posts
oh gosh bea sure looks so different.  i can't believe that she is actually playing betty.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-9-2008 05:58 PM | Show all posts
if dont know dat is bea i definetely will the think real actress is ugly

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2008 07:13 AM | Show all posts
I LOVE BETTY LA FEA - 18 September 2008credits to mommy ai and i love betty la fea thread

[ Last edited by  kapamilyaako23 at 20-9-2008 07:15 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2008 07:17 AM | Show all posts
                                                                   credits to mommy ai & I love betty la fea thread

[ Last edited by  kapamilyaako23 at 20-9-2008 07:19 AM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 20-9-2008 07:28 AM | Show all posts
friday - September 19, 2008 episode

credits to tortoiseseas & labers

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2008 07:38 AM | Show all posts
No clash between John Lloyd-Sarah and Richard-KC movies on Valentine '09
Dinno Erece   Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sa rainy launch ng pinakabagong album ni Sarah Geronimo sa Viva Recordsna Just Me kahapon ng tanghali, September 10, kinanta ni Sarah angtitle at theme song ng hit movie nila ni John Lloyd from Star Cinema naA Very Special Love. By request lang ito dahil hindi ito kasama sa16-track album niya, kung saan isang duet with the Backstreet Boysmember Howie Dorough na "I'll Be There" ang carrier song.

Napa-"wohoo!" si Sarah nang nai-report sa kanya na nasa seventh week naang A Very Special Love nila ni John Lloyd sa mga sinehan and stillgoing strong. Nabanggit na rin na may follow-up movie na sina Sarah atJohn Lloyd sa Star Cinema at next year ito ipalalabas. Isa sa mgatanong patungkol sa follow-up movie, baka raw ito ang gawing Valentinepresentation ng Star Cinema next year.

Mahigit dalawang linggo na ang nakararaan, nakausap na namin si RoxyLiquigan of Star Cinema tungkol dito. Nagkaroon kasi ng balita na bakapang-Valentine presentation ng Star Cinema ang second John Lloyd-Sarahmovie at makatapat ito ng second movie rin nina Richard at KC, thistime from GMA Films and Regal Entertainment, sa direction ni JoeyReyes. Walang makapag-confirm ngunit sa kontrata ng Star Cinema at GMAFilms para sa mga respective Richard-KC movies nila, may nakasaad dawna hindi ito tatapatan ng either film outfit.

Nakumpirma ng PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) kay Roxy na hindinga pang-Valentine ang second movie nina John Lloyd at Sarah. Ang balaknila para sa pelikula, opener ng Star Cinema para sa 2009, kaya't Eneroito ilalabas. Ang pang-February presentation daw ng Star Cinema ayisang Maricel Soriano-starrer at post-Valentine ito, o baka end ofFebruary ipalalabas.

Wala pang sinisimulan sa tatlong nasabing pelikula dahil lahat ay pawang nasa pre-production phase pa.

**JLC & Sarah's follow- up movie will be a sequel of A Very Special Love...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-9-2008 07:27 PM | Show all posts

Reply #227 kapamilyaako23's post

armando is sure looking straight into betty's eyes ...

Use magic Report

Post time 23-9-2008 07:16 PM | Show all posts

MMK: JLC & Alessandra de Rossi ( Sept. 20, 2008)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMH0nWVhe4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe7A4323JGE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr-DBznAQ6A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzU908WCj94
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vovGLZLbuo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B--jdkZmYEw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMdrMg6VxJ0

Lloydie's astonishing performance here just shows how well he can portray any kind of role given to him. Truly Amazing!! Another best actor award again for this?!! let's all wait and see...

Use magic Report

Post time 24-9-2008 11:00 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 24-9-2008 11:01 AM | Show all posts

Reply #230 kapamilyaako23's post

this MMK looks rather scary with jlc holding the cross.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2008 01:43 AM | Show all posts
hahhahhaha, lagak John Lloyd mmg sebijik armando mendoza

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2008 02:20 PM | Show all posts
Bea and Lloydie were in Ontario,California USA for the Go Kapamilya Go! show
So the labers in North America prepared something for them..

A glimpse of their get together...

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/User/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg

credits to laberspark, gayot25 & labers

[ Last edited by  kapamilyaako23 at 25-9-2008 03:11 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2008 02:24 PM | Show all posts

credits to LabersPark & gayot25 of labers

[ Last edited by  kapamilyaako23 at 25-9-2008 02:44 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2008 02:50 PM | Show all posts

Advance birthday for Bea!!

credits to LabersPark, jeccajlc & misyela of labers

[ Last edited by  kapamilyaako23 at 25-9-2008 02:59 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-9-2008 01:59 PM | Show all posts
TAKEN DURING THE 2009 STAR MAGIC CATALOGUE LAUNCH

cover - angelica panganiban,  diether ocampo, kristine hermosa, sam milby,
bea alonzo, piolo pascual, claudine barretto & john lloyd cruz

credits to teamkapamilya and abs-cbn

[ Last edited by  kapamilyaako23 at 30-9-2008 02:10 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2008 02:05 PM | Show all posts

credits to teamkapamilya and abs-cbn

Use magic Report

Post time 1-10-2008 11:04 PM | Show all posts

Reply #236 kapamilyaako23's post

as usual, bea and jlc looking good together.  

Use magic Report

Post time 2-10-2008 10:34 AM | Show all posts

Reply #239 marissa_jc's post

yes, dia org nmpk sepadan berdua

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-6-2024 09:48 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.098706 second(s), 46 queries .