deaf4ever Publish time 30-6-2006 10:02 AM

Dari http://www.forwhommetallicatolls.org.ru/Chapter%20Interviews%20-%20John%20Zazula%20dialup.htm
latest interivew ngan boss Megaforce Records, ni pes Metallica nye company untuk Kill Em All / Ride The Lightning.

John Zazula - Executive Producer of Kill 'Em All and creator of Megaforce Records, First record company to sign Metallica.
Interview May/June 2006
Johhny Z is a big part of the history of Metallica. He and his wife, Marsha, paid for metallica to travel to New York to perform some gigs and record an album (Kill 'Em All). They formed MegaForce Records to accomplish this, which has benefited hundreds of other Metal acts.

Without Johhny and Marsha, Metallica would undoubtedly have recorded Kill 'Em All eventually, but the impact of the album was increased by the fact that it was the first commercial thrash album released in America. Without Johnny and Marsha, they may have lost this impact, and their path may well have been different.

FWMT: Do you remember who gave you your copy of No Life Till Leather?

Johnny Z: The demo was handed to me by a good customer at the record store (we were still in a flee market in those days.) It was funny because we tried not to listen to demos at the store in those days. The customer told me that it would be exactly what I love and I should give it a try. So off went Angelwitch and on went Metallica. I flipped. The rest is history. After that listening to demos was common practice.

FWMT: What did you think of they guys when they showed up on your doorstep?

JZ: When the guys came to my house for the very first time it was quite an experience. The U-haul truck parked in front of the house and I was told that it cost every cent I had sent and now the band had arrived at my door step without a dime and with no place to stay other than my house. Marsha and I just had a child in those days and the house was sort of small but we all shared the space anyway. All the boys were a little parched from the journey so i offered them something to drink. They weren't interested in anything but my booze. It was all very weird. No one took the time to pour, they just started guzzling down all the bottles.

Mustaine was the first to show signs of the evils of alcohol; he got sick all over everything. I took the guys over to the record store to hang out for the rest of the night, they had a good time, finished all my booze while Dave was outside the flee market throwing up all over everything and everybody. Right at the entrance; it was a sight to behold. That was the very beginning, all of a sudden there were five people that I was now responsible for and they bought a one way ticket with no thought of how they would ever return to El Cerrito; there were 5 because they travelled with their soundman friend, Mark Whittaker.

FWMT: Mark Whittaker was also exodus' manager, and organised Kirk, is that correct?

JZ: Yes that is true.

FWMT: How far in advance did you know about Dave getting the sack?

JZ: It was obvious very early on that there was to be trouble.

FWMT: What did you think of Kirk when he arrived, after Dave was fired?

JZ: Scared shitless ...that was until he plugged in.

FWMT: Is it true Metallica got kicked out of your apartment and had to live in the Music America building because they had a party there, and drank some alcohol you were saving for a special occasion?

JZ: I never kicked metallica out of my home because of something as trivial as drinking a bottle of my favourite booze; where did that come from? It was always the plan to find them a place where they could stay and rehearse. They wanted to live and play in the same place. Anthrax were friends of metallica and had a nice rehearsal space in the music building where both bands can play, on the other hand the living conditions were horrible and I only wish anyone had any money in those days to make it better, we were all poor in those days.

deaf4ever Publish time 30-6-2006 10:03 AM

sambungan

FWMT: Was the Music America rehearsal rooms where Metallica lived as bad as the stories have made out (no hot water, only place to cook was a toaster oven, etc).

JZ: Music America was real nice; Manowar recorded there when it was called Barret Alley. That's why we went there, the hardship stories come from THE MUSIC BUILDING of QUEENS NY, I must tell you things were bad for lack of funds then.

FWMT: ah, my mistake. Some of the versions of their history that I have read get this a bit confused.

Is it true Cliff came up with "Kill 'Em All" in response to the fact that they could not use "Metal Up Your Ass", and did he come up with the name MegaForce Records?

JZ: Cliff came up with "kill em all" after we found out that our distributor wouldn't take the record if it was called "metal up your ass"

FWMT: But did he also come up with the name "Megaforce Records?"
JZ: no.

FWMT: There is a mystery with "Anaesthesia (Pulling Teeth)

hyphrigian Publish time 23-7-2006 07:09 PM

kalau menidang cliff burton dok hidup lagi..mau kena sepak hetfield sebab buat st anger...penat aku berkorban sampai mati last² jadi camni album..iskkk..wa sedey

deaf4ever Publish time 23-7-2006 08:20 PM

Originally posted by hyphrigian at 23-7-2006 07:09 PM
kalau menidang cliff burton dok hidup lagi..mau kena sepak hetfield sebab buat st anger...penat aku berkorban sampai mati last² jadi camni album..iskkk..wa sedey

ha ah sey, metallica mesti lain ah...

hyphrigian Publish time 24-7-2006 02:31 AM

kesian burton...

deaf4ever Publish time 16-8-2006 02:02 AM

Metallica nanti masuk katun Simpsons.
Nengok drawing katun dia kat bawah ni dah kecoh :music:

http://www.bravewords.com/static/medias/images/news/49279.jpg

METALLICA will be the special guests on the season premiere of The Simpsons which airs on Fox on September 10. For more information about the show visit www.thesimpsons.com.

hyphrigian Publish time 25-8-2006 07:47 PM

10 years of bullsh!t between megadth and metallica is over...mustaine ada kluaq statement ni..bila ntah dah lupa

pessoa Publish time 26-8-2006 08:50 PM

Tadi aku baru habis tengok Some kind of Monster, doku-filem pasal Metallica.

Filem ni mula dari Jaosn Newsted keluar sampailah release St Anger, boleh tengoklah betapa payahnya Metallica nak bikin album St Anger, sampai terpaksa gajikan therapist (yang Jason Newsted kata fcking lame and weak!). Dalam tengah-tengah buat album Jaymz pula pergi masuk rehab setahun - tergendala album tu.

Yang menarik dalam filem ni:

- Jason kata dia keluar sebab Jaymz over sangat nak control segalanya (dan Jaymkz pun ada mengaku)
- Jaymz kata lagu-lagu dalam Load and Reload bukanlah terbaik (fcuk, aku suka gila Load dengan Reload).
- Lars semacam ada perasan homo pada Jaymz - tengoklah sendiri bila dia cakap pasal Jaymz, macam cakap pasal awek.
- dave Mustaine menangis sebab kena tendang dari Metallica, 15 tahun tak lupa-lupa lagi.

Lepas tengok filem ni aku dengar balik St Anger, oklah, tidaklah segampang yang aku sangka. Boleh layan.

Paco_de_lucia Publish time 27-8-2006 10:36 PM

kalo dulu pada aku, metallica is da bes..,tapi skng nih bullshit!!
sori la kalo ade fans yg mrh.
aku baru dgr lgu baru diorg, sumpah cam taik!! mmg la ade solo tapi pusing2 kat situ jer.tak kreatif kirk hammet tu.riff dah la tak bes. tak heavy langsung.cam lgu pop punk jer.aku tak tau la ape akan jadi kat metallica pada mase akan dtg.. kalo diorg dah pilih jalan nak wat lgu camtu.., for me,metallica is dead!! :cry:

hyphrigian Publish time 30-8-2006 09:29 PM

sebab metallica buat macam tu adalah kerana cliff burton dah jadi mendiang...cuba cliff hidup lagi..mau kena tendang hetfield....

Mily Publish time 30-8-2006 10:51 PM

btol..dulu suker metallica..tp skrg lagu die mcm x menarik laks..cuma drum die jer yg besh..

Paco_de_lucia Publish time 31-8-2006 09:34 AM

Originally posted by hyphrigian at 30-8-2006 09:29 PM
sebab metallica buat macam tu adalah kerana cliff burton dah jadi mendiang...cuba cliff hidup lagi..mau kena tendang hetfield....

confirm kene tendang punyer.,pastu amek mustaine balik. hehehe!!!

hyphrigian Publish time 1-9-2006 06:35 AM

hahahaha.....cliff dah jadi abu

topeng perak Publish time 5-9-2006 02:15 AM

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/20/32/11132302/20516608053187l.jpg

biler eh nak release new album lagi?

sedondon Publish time 5-9-2006 03:30 PM

Aku gitaris.....tapi clift burton(Metallica),Steve Harris (Maiden) and Sheehantetap idola aku walaupun mereka main bass.

hyphrigian Publish time 5-9-2006 08:03 PM

Reply #155 sedondon's post

jaco pastorius...stu hamm...tu pu geng power jugak tu..

Mily Publish time 5-9-2006 10:27 PM

Originally posted by Paco_de_lucia at 31-8-2006 09:34 AM
confirm kene tendang punyer.,pastu amek mustaine balik. hehehe!!!

aler..x der beze si mustaine n hetfield tue..dua2 kepala besar woo

riffer_tapper Publish time 6-9-2006 11:21 AM

patut mustaine + hetfield + ulrich + burton msti power

tapi burton pun dah mati..
mustaine dgn hetfield xkan ngam nye
ulrich lak skang pk nak main drum secara gila babi sbb kena kutuk dgn jason

eclipse Publish time 6-9-2006 11:34 AM

Originally posted by pessoa at 26-8-2006 08:50 PM
Tadi aku baru habis tengok Some kind of Monster, doku-filem pasal Metallica.

Filem ni mula dari Jaosn Newsted keluar sampailah release St Anger, boleh tengoklah betapa payahnya Metallica nak bi ...

:setuju: ramai yg xtau betapa payahnyer diaorg nak bikin album...tau2 bila kuar, kena kutuk giler babeng. Diaorg pun nak gak wat experimental muzik2 diaorg. Mana taknyer, dah 20 tahun beb, muzik stail gitu jer...Frankly, aku suka semua album2 diaorg including load/reload, album cover-garage inc. Kalau yg lama2 tu, jgn ckp ah..sampai sekarang aku dgr lagi dlm kete

hyphrigian Publish time 6-9-2006 07:42 PM

Reply #158 riffer_tapper's post

jason tu lagi poyo...rockstar supernova....hahahaha
gila glemer....aku amat membenci rockstar supernova tu
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
View full version: Metallica is the best

ADVERTISEMENT