deaf4ever Publish time 16-10-2003 08:25 PM

Kerry King interview.

http://www.metaluk.com/news/displayNews.cfm?iNewsArticleID=5849

Kerry King Talks About Metallica, Next Slayer CD
Publication date: 16 October 2003, 07:07:10|Article Source: Blabbermouth.net

SLAYER guitarist Kerry King gave a lengthy interview to Metal Edge magazine in which he discussed a number of topics, including the progress of the songwriting sessions for SLAYER's next album and METALLICA's evolution from an underground thrash phenomenon to one of the most commercially successful heavy rock bands in the world.

The following are some of the highlights of King's interview with Metal Edge:

Q: What did you think of METALLICA "Icon" on MTV, did you see it?

Kerry King: "You know, someone called me the day before and said, 'I can get you into the show.' I was like, 'Yeah, it might be cool to check out.' I was thinking about it, but I'm like, 'I'm not sure I'm ready to suck METALLICA's dick yet. I haven't heard the new record, and I don't want to be on that bandwagon. I knew it was going to be an MTV event and everyone was going to be sucking METALLICA's dick, and it was going to be a huge snooze fest and I didn't want to be a part of it. I did watch the whole thing, I Tivo-ed it, and it took me like three or four sittings to get through it, because I couldn't stomach the whole thing. How the ***** do you let SNOOP DOGG get in there and butcher your song? Yet I watched it, and it sounded like somebody gave him the lines backstage and he just learned them. How is that good? That irritated the hell out of me. That just really offended me

valkries Publish time 17-10-2003 02:20 PM

setuju dengan pendapat kerry king tu...:nana:

WARCHIEF Publish time 30-10-2003 03:51 AM

you're right king... st anger sucks..

[ Last edited by WARCHIEF on 31-10-2003 at 01:37 AM ]

midyie Publish time 30-10-2003 07:48 AM

st anger ntah apa ntah lagu dlm abumtu bosan giler...aku dengar sekali ajer raser nak campak ajer nyesal beli ori... baik layan album lama baru ader feel

deaf4ever Publish time 5-11-2003 10:21 PM

The Lost Cliff Burton Videotape - Found!

http://www.metaluk.com/news/displayNews.cfm?iNewsArticleID=6140

http://www.metaluk.com/news/img/200cliffburtonphoto.jpg

The Lost Cliff Burton Videotape - Found!
Publication date: 05 November 2003, 10:39:48|Article Source: Blabbermouth.net

Video footage of late METALLICA bassist Cliff Burton's headbanging 1982 performance with the heavy metal group TRAUMA, shot only 24 hours before Burton was discovered by METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich, is finally being made available to METALLICA and Cliff fans everywhere.

Don Wrege, director of "TRAUMA Live", explains how he ended up with this historic footage:

"In the summer of 1982, I was working in Los Angeles and was contacted by a British fellow calling himself Tony. He asked me if I would be interested in directing a long-form music video for a heavy metal band he was managing out of San Francisco called TRAUMA.

"We met and I was impressed with his enthusiasm for the band and heavy metal in general (which was not at all in vogue at the time). Tony was sure that heavy metal was soon going to be huge in the states and he was setting TRAUMA up for the big time. We settled on a price and I went a rehearsal to check them out.

"What I encountered was loud, and I was immediately struck with how good the bass player (Cliff Burton) was. Their show included such interesting attractions as a scantily-clad woman in a leather S&M outfit chained to a huge cross another girl in virginal white who was sacrificed on an altar during the song 'I Am the Warlock' (Tony had flown in two Mustang Ranch girls from Nevada for these parts) and the drummer's solo during which he sets his kit on fire, nearly blinding himself in the process.

"On the day of the shoot as preparations were made to the studio stage, I stepped outside to have a smoke and Cliff joined me in my car. He mentioned that he didn't think he was long for the group, that they weren't motivated enough and he intended to be famous fast. That was fairly prophetic, in that the next night TRAUMA played the Troubadour and legend has it that it was at this performance that Lars Ulrich approached Burton about playing in METALLICA. Fans know the rest.

"This video has remained underground for a number of reasons, including the fact that the band's pyrotechnics blew two large holes in the video studio's ceiling and the repair costs were to be included in the price for the master tapes (which became a point of contention). Then there was the 'equipment matter.' Seems that manager Tony had borrowed a ton of gear from an LA music store (he was a great talker) that you'll see on stage behind the group in the video. They were to use it for the shoot, then the Troubadour performance the next night and then return it. Trouble was, Tony had the band load up the truck with the amps and then disappeared, never to be heard from again. At least that's the legend. The tape itself became my payment for services and has remained in my private collection since 1982 due to my concerns about bootlegging, etc.

"Now METALLICA fans can now see what Lars saw. This riveting 19-minute set includes a powerful Burton bass solo and his musically manic thrashing throughout.

"Oh, and a human sacrifice. "

The lost Cliff Burton videotape, "Trauma Live", will soon be available for online viewing via the webpage below:

http://www.simulstream.com/cliff/.

zamarianazura Publish time 11-11-2003 10:50 PM

mama said

Mama she has taught me well
Told me when I was young

"Son your life's an open book
Don't close it 'fore its done"

zamarianazura Publish time 11-11-2003 10:51 PM

"The brightest flame burns quickest"
That's what I heard her say

A son's heart sowed to mother
But I must find my way

Let my heart go
Let your son grow

valkries Publish time 12-11-2003 09:23 AM

hmmm...lagu ni memang nostalgia betul...teringat zaman rebellious masa muda-muda dulu...hehehe

DewaGanaZ Publish time 17-12-2003 11:49 AM

lagu mama said best siot....

val..ko rebel ker dulu2

valkries Publish time 18-12-2003 08:05 AM

Originally posted by DewaGanaZ at 17-12-2003 11:49 AM:
lagu mama said best siot....

val..ko rebel ker dulu2

aku budak baik beb...patuh perintah mak bapak...yang rebelious tu member-member aku:D

midyie Publish time 18-12-2003 06:38 PM

nowdays metalicca is suckkk.. aku dah campak dah album st anger tu .. mampus biar rugi menyamapah aku dengar.. baik layan metallica lama.. baru feel..

Nurana Publish time 31-12-2003 08:13 PM

Originally posted by topeng perak at 12-9-2003 21:35:
setuju tak kalo aku cakap dalam banyak banyak band rock nu metal skang nih cam linkin park, korn, papa roach, saliva, default, alient ant farm ntahapahapa lagi......

takdek yg benar benar setara ...

yah... ana bebenar setuju. linkin park picisan atau hampeh je. metallica best power!~ :2lol:

babycake Publish time 31-12-2003 08:17 PM

metallica..dulu best..but now..ermmm..tak tau nak kata apa lagi

Nurana Publish time 4-1-2004 04:51 PM

still love metallica! ;)

iron_maiden Publish time 5-1-2004 12:05 PM

metallica dah tak best dah... saper yg ckp dia best lagi dgn st anger tu memang budak baru kenal metallica.. sound dan riff metalicca yg lama2 masih best dan lebih strong... tapi aku minat iron maiden lagi , sound same the same..

topeng perak Publish time 4-9-2004 11:17 PM

agaknya pasal jason dah kuar kot bass pong tak power
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
View full version: Metallica is the best

ADVERTISEMENT