Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 10070|Reply: 94

[Dunia] Che Det hipokrit menjadi liabiliti terbesar utk negara

[Copy link]
Post time 29-10-2015 10:42 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Mahathir remains Malaysia’s biggest liability
October 29, 2015
Mahathir created a culture of fear, criminalised our freedom of expression and planted fear among Malays
By Tajuddin Rosli

He (Mahathir) is the father of all this in Malaysia and for him to stand in public and complain about the lack of freedom of speech or democracy is really unacceptable.He should just be quiet and apologise for what he has done”-Human Rights Watch Asia Director Brad Adams-

I have been voicing my opinions for many months and have to thank media portals like Malaysiakini, Free Malaysia Today and Malaysia Today for unbiasedly publishing them. In many of my articles I have voiced my personal opinions about Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad who is undoubtedly the reason Malaysia is pedaling backwards.

Despite me clarifying my stand before, I still receive emails ridiculing me for speaking against Mahathir. I read comments by esteemed readers saying it is no use attacking Mahathir now. Some even claim I am a Barisan Nasional cybertrooper to counter Mahathir. It is up to the individual what he/she wants to believe.

The current Generation Y is pro e-media based. They do not read hard copy publications like most of us from the older generation. Many are oblivious to the past and are only interested in the current situation. The past is important because it teaches us not to repeat previous mistakes. A famous English philosopher come historian Robin George Collingwood once said, “History is for human self-knowledge … The only clue to what man can do is what man has done. The value of history, then, is that it teaches us what man has done and thus what man is.”

When Mahathir tried to selfishly use dissatisfied Malaysians to push for the resignation of Najib Tun Razak, he was hailed as a national saviour. The younger generation who have only read biased reports where Mahathir is portrayed as more beautiful than Mona Lisa worries me. To them, Mahathir is only linked to the modernisation of Malaysia.

They have no clue about Umno Baru. They have no idea how Mahathir diminished the judiciary’s powers. They are misinformed on how Mahathir destroyed multi-racial peace and unity. They are ignorant about how Mahathir spearheaded ethnic cleansing in both the civil and education sector.

It is equally worrying that the Opposition seemed poised to shake hands with Mahathir at one point in time. I, for one, was not going to sit back and see that 90-year old manipulating people in order to command power once again. Therefore, I voiced my opinions on e-media since it is probably is the best way to reach out to the younger generation.

The younger generation who are fully immersed in their e-world do not know how wonderful it was to be able to sit in a restaurant with people from different ethnicities speaking a common language and laughing-out-loud. It was not a problem if I sat in a Chinese non-halal restaurant drinking cina teh panas while my non-Muslim friends who consumed alcoholic beverages. We could openly joke about one another’s religion and it was never blown out of proportion. National sports teams had a good mix of ethnicities that were selected on merit and skills and not on skin colour.

I still remember many Indian heads of departments in the civil service who were impeccable in how they carried out their duties. There was no clocking in for one another or multiple tea breaks during working hours. Phone calls to government offices were attended to immediately and misplaced documents were almost unheard of. What a wonderful time my generation had.

When did it all come to an end? The beginning of the end was when Mahathir became Prime Minister. Mahathir created a culture of fear and criminalised our freedom of expression. He mutated the Malay gene and planted the fear that non-Muslims were out to rob them of their rights. He removed the ‘mak’ (from mamak) and replaced it with ‘lay’ making people believe he is Malay.

Some people say Mahathir is probably repenting by trying to correct the messy state of the country today. Has Mahathir ever apologized for his wrongdoings? Till today Mahathir says Umno must remain in power forever and calls for Muhyiddin Yassin to replace Najib as Prime Minister. Is he really penitent or is he restructuring so he and his family can remain in power to call the shots? People applaud Marina Mahathir for speaking up on human rights. Has she ever condemned her father for what Malaysia is today?

Today the international non-governmental organisation Human Rights Watch has come out condemning Mahathir. They probably can foresee his intentions too but, unfortunately, many Malaysians can’t.

Malaysia does not need another Mahathir regime. As Winston Churchill once said, “Those who failed to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”

Tajuddin Rosli is a FMT reader

With a firm belief in freedom of expression and without prejudice, FMT tries its best to share reliable content from third parties. Such articles are strictly the writer’s personal opinion. FMT does not necessarily endorse the views or opinions given by any third party content provider.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/opinion/2015/10/29/mahathir-remains-malaysias-biggest-liability/

bahalol2 & penjilat tegar mahathir dah lupa OPS Lalang? LIWAT 1? PERWAJA? PKFZ?

harap si bijan POTA kan tua nyanyuk nie

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-10-2015 10:50 AM | Show all posts
tered anti chedet msti acom...acom racist

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-10-2015 10:53 AM | Show all posts
kentel replied at 29-10-2015 10:50 AM
tered anti chedet msti acom...acom racist

tapi aku sayang PM rosmah  

Use magic Report

Post time 29-10-2015 10:59 AM | Show all posts
Acong replied at 29-10-2015 10:53 AM

smua pun sayang kat kakpinky

Use magic Report

Post time 29-10-2015 11:05 AM | Show all posts
hahahaha...yang penting najib undur dulu, then bincang kemudian....I wonder kenapa musa hitam macam senyap je cerita memali yg dulu dia upkan........

welcome to politaik world malaysian.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-10-2015 11:05 AM | Show all posts
lkick2113 replied at 29-10-2015 11:05 AM
hahahaha...yang penting najib undur dulu, then bincang kemudian....I wonder kenapa musa hitam macam  ...

why najib kena undur?  

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 29-10-2015 11:17 AM | Show all posts
aku respek TDM tp lagi byk dia bercakap lagi banyak nampak kesalahanya
1 jari tunjuk ke Najib 4 jari lagi ke dia

Use magic Report

Post time 29-10-2015 11:40 AM | Show all posts
Tun M buat taik dulu pun semua merasa makan nasik. Lagi-lagi melayu. Najib buat taik rakyat makan taik. Bodoh ini olang Brad Adams.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-10-2015 11:43 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Kebanyakan melayu ingat dia melayu and ingat he thinks like malays padahal he thinks like an opportunist keralan

Use magic Report

Post time 29-10-2015 11:44 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Start reading rpk malaysia today lah.....another view

Use magic Report

Post time 29-10-2015 12:00 PM | Show all posts

dah madey suruh kita ikut je la kan cong???? hehehehe

Use magic Report

Post time 29-10-2015 12:06 PM | Show all posts
Acong replied at 29-10-2015 10:53 AM

suka size  gajah

turun minyak

bukan minyak turun

dah naik minyak ko ni.....

mee babi semangkuk.............

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-10-2015 12:09 PM | Show all posts

ko dah mental? tu laa.... byk makan duit haram.....

berforum time waktu kerja  

sukanya ko bagi makan darah daging ko dgn benda2 haramjadah....

guess what, i don't need religion to tell me what's right or wrong

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-10-2015 12:10 PM | Show all posts
lkick2113 replied at 29-10-2015 12:00 PM
dah madey suruh kita ikut je la kan cong???? hehehehe

madey eat shit, ko pun nak ikut?

Use magic Report

Post time 29-10-2015 12:22 PM | Show all posts
Edited by cabalero at 29-10-2015 12:23 PM

saya tergelak baca artikel tersebut

fakta2 yang dibentangkan kabur dan adakalanya seolah diadakan utk menunjukkan betapa teruk dan mundurnya malaysia di bawah pemerintahan Tun M

seolah bila Tun M jadi PM negara menjadi jauh lebih mundur dari para pemimpin sebelumnya

the whole article is totally driven by personal hatred to Tun M

tengok sendiri sajalah statistik dari laman web EPU ni dan bandingkan sendiri

cakap byk tak guna

http://www.epu.gov.my/c/document ... 0106&groupId=283545

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Post time 29-10-2015 12:35 PM | Show all posts
walau apa pun yang ditulis oleh Tajuddin Rosli tetap tidak mengubah pandangan peribadi Bill Clinton pada Tun M

But what Clinton revealed about Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad was more interesting. He listed down the names of leaders he admired during his term as US president.

They included South Africa’s Nelson Mandela, Palestine’s Yasser Arafat and China’s Jiang Zemin.

“And certainly, Dr Mahathir. He did the right thing (in pegging the ringgit) during the 1997 financial crisis. His model worked, not necessarily elsewhere, but certainly he did the right thing.”

Clinton said he used to discuss about Dr Mahathir at the White House with his advisers and sometimes told them that they were not practical (when they touched on politics and economics) “because you guys have never run for office.”

Interestingly, even during my interview with Clinton earlier, he had shared with me his admiration for Dr Mahathir, particularly the impressive economic growth then.

http://www.thestar.com.my/story/ ... 6367&sec=nation

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 29-10-2015 12:39 PM | Show all posts
cabalero replied at 29-10-2015 12:22 PM
saya tergelak baca artikel tersebut

fakta2 yang dibentangkan kabur dan adakalanya seolah diadakan ...

sama saja fakta kabur mereka yg mengagung-agungkan tua nyanyuk tu

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-10-2015 12:41 PM | Show all posts
cabalero replied at 29-10-2015 12:35 PM
walau apa pun yang ditulis oleh Tajuddin Rosli tetap tidak mengubah pandangan peribadi Bill Clinton  ...

so bijan tak perlu pun peg RM to USD since 1USD belum sama dgn RM4.80  

Use magic Report

Post time 29-10-2015 12:42 PM | Show all posts
salah satu sumbangan 'kecil' Tun M dalam usaha membebaskan Afrika Selatan daripada regim apartheid

x

Use magic Report

Post time 29-10-2015 12:43 PM | Show all posts
yang ni lagi best

coming from the horsemouth

x

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

11-5-2024 06:18 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.156423 second(s), 50 queries .