ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2615|Reply: 7

Backstreet's Back in Kuala Lumpur 2015!

[Copy link]
Post time 5-2-2015 10:41 AM | Show all posts |Read mode

May 3, 2015
Stadium Negara, Kuala Lumpur

Synopsis
The world’s best-selling boy band, the Backstreet Boys, will be heading to Malaysian shores as part of their “In A World Like This” tour on 3 May 2015 that will be held at the iconic Stadium Negara. Organized by The Livescape Group, the one-night-only show is set to attract over 6,000 fans of all ages.
The five piece American pop vocal group was formed in 1993 and consists of members A.J. McLean, Howie Dorough, Nick Carter, Kevin Richardson and Brian Littrell. The band shot to fame with their self-titled debut album, Backstreet Boys in 1996. Following the success of their first album, the Backstreet Boys released their second international album Backstreet’s Back in 1997. Singles from this album include “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)”, “As Long As You Love Me” and “All I Have To Give”. The single “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)” and “All I Have To Give” peaked on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 at no. 4 and no. 5 respectively.

The then teenage heartthrobs not only won the hearts of many with the success of their first two albums but rose to even greater heights and superstardom with their third album Millennium in 1999. Singles from this album include “Larger Than Life” which peaked on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 at no. 25, “I Want It That Way” which peaked at no. 1 on both the U.S. Billboard Top 40 Tracks and the UK Singles Chart, and “Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely” which peaked at no. 6 on the U.S. Billboard Top 100. The Backstreet Boys released a fourth album, Black and Blue in 2000 as a follow up album to Millennium and the most popular single from this album is “Shape Of My Heart” which peaked on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 at no. 9. They’ve sold over 130,000 million records worldwide, making them the best selling boy band in the world.

The group took a two year break before releasing a comeback album Never Gone in 2005. After successfully completing their Never Gone Tour in 2006, band member Kevin Richardson, left the group to pursue a solo career in singing, modelling, and acting. Nevertheless, the Backstreet Boys continued promotions as a four piece vocal group and released two albums, Unbreakable in 2007 and This Is Us in 2009. In 2012, the group made fans worldwide happy when they announced that Richardson had rejoined the Backstreet Boys permanently. In 2013, the band celebrated their 20th anniversary by releasing their first independent album, In A World Like This.

The Backstreet Boys “In A World Like This” Tour in Malaysia will take place at Stadium Negara, Kuala Lumpur on May 3.  Tickets are priced between RM208 – RM688. Tickets will be on sale from February 7 onwards via www.ticketpro.com.my. For more information or to obtain updates on the Backstreet Boys show in Kuala Lumpur, logon to https://www.facebook.com/livescapeasia.

Price Details

Venue

Source: http://www.ticketpro.com.my/jnp/concert/1539403-backstreet-boys.html

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-2-2015 10:55 AM | Show all posts
dah suam2 kuku barulah nak mai Msia.

masa famous sombong nak mampos.

Use magic Report

Post time 5-2-2015 11:00 AM | Show all posts
pelopor boy band ni
nk gak dengar mantap lagi x suara diorg

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-2-2015 11:09 AM | Show all posts
bulalof replied at 5-2-2015 10:55 AM
dah suam2 kuku barulah nak mai Msia.

masa famous sombong nak mampos.

Pernah mai dh before ni. Dulu mungkin sebab terlalu famous & payment tinggi kot. Lagipun dulu dorang ni wat concert kat big cities jer

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-2-2015 11:12 AM | Show all posts
mdhelmi replied at 5-2-2015 11:00 AM
pelopor boy band ni
nk gak dengar mantap lagi x suara diorg

Fave band of all time. Nak jugak dengar suara dorang ni, masih sama x dengan suara 20 tahun dulu. U pegi ke nnt?

Use magic Report

Post time 5-2-2015 11:16 AM | Show all posts
Chesire_Epilog replied at 5-2-2015 11:12 AM
Fave band of all time. Nak jugak dengar suara dorang ni, masih sama x dengan suara 20 tahun dulu.  ...

kalo u pegi i pon pegi la
hehe xla i suke jalan2 cari makan je

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 5-2-2015 11:33 AM | Show all posts
mdhelmi replied at 5-2-2015 11:16 AM
kalo u pegi i pon pegi la
hehe xla i suke jalan2 cari makan je

Nak sangat pegi ni tp keadaan x mengizinkan

Amboi, xleh makan banyak sangat nnt terlebih sihat

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-2-2015 11:56 AM | Show all posts
Backstreet Boys renamed Backstreet Uncles to abide by S’pore’s strict anti-false advertising laws

To avoid running afoul of the strict anti-false advertising laws in Singapore that could lead to a huge fine and public caning, American pop group Backstreet Boys were ordered to change their name to Backstreet Uncles before they could set foot here to perform live.

The pop group that used to leave adolescent girls moist with excitement will be performing at the The Star Theatre on May 2, 2015, in a bid to relive their pre-YouTube glory days.

Singaporeans from all walks of life, who grew up listening to the group in their adolescent years, said the name change is appropriate as they themselves have grown old over the last 20-odd years.

Baey Hiao Bai, a Singaporean man in his 40s, said: “So old already still boys? Call yourself men, more girls will like. Backstreet Men sound so much better. ‘Boys’ sound so juvenile and uncool. And ‘boys’ are not tested by time. Weak and uninspiring.”

“Got this Singapore group called what, ‘Ah Boys To Men’? Even worse, not boys and not men. Weak and flaccid.”

However, not all fans were happy with the name change.

Lau Char Bor, one of the fans who grew up listening to Backstreet Uncles, said she would be outraged if anyone called her “auntie”: “This is not right. I would be so angry if anyone called me auntie. I might be 37 years old this year, but deep down inside, I am only 22 at most.”

“I am not shy telling people my real age. That’s why on my Tinder profile I always indicate I am 30.”

“Correct what, 30, 37, same.”

P/s: Whhattt? Backstreet Uncles? Are you serious?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

4-5-2024 10:01 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.734912 second(s), 33 queries .